Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates (44947 Views)

I Lost All My School Certificates - Kabir Ibrahim Masari, Tinubu’s Placeholder / Hanan Buhari Graduates With Masters Degree From Royal College Of Art, UK (Video) / Hanan Buhari Graduates With First Class From UK University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by PapaBaby: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigerian graduates must have credible ‘School certificates’ – Buhari

Elders and of course Nigerian philologists have expressed concern over what they described as ‘semi-literate graduates’ Nigerian universities produce in recent time.

Displeased by this notion, Buhari promised to give more attention to improving personnel and infrastructure of universities to produce quality graduates.

“The future of the country depends on quality education and our certificates must be credible to inspire confidence,’’ he said. He disclosed this when the leadership of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) led by Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi paid him a visit at the State House.

Buhari assured that education will, henceforth, be a top priority in development goals of the country, stressing that effective and efficient operation of universities will go a long way in improving the economy, especially with focus on science and technology.

The President directed the Ministry of Education to put in more effort in ensuring that Nigerian universities are properly funded, with adequate infrastructure and staffing.

Recall that Buhari had issues with his WAEC certificate during the 2019 presidential election. He told the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, that his school certificate was with military authorities. A statement rejected by some Nigerians. Buhari was lashed upon by the opposition parties, who demanded his withdrawal from the presidency race. Not quite long after his critics had lampooned him, the president Tweeted via his official handle that he had received the attestation and confirmation of his result.

“Today I received the attestation and confirmation of my 1961 West African School Certificate (WASC) Examination result, from the Registrar of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC). It was also an opportunity for me to thank WAEC for upholding its integrity over the years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/nigerian-graduates-must-have-credible-school-certificates-buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by DonFreshmoney(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
cool grin

Hmmm.. he is absolutely correct with the statement.. nowadays , many Nigerians lack credible certificates due to laziness and corrupt attitudes. Buying degrees and faking degrees certificates.

Do what I say, don't do what I did..

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by PapaBaby: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Is this a joke?

Buhari with no known certificate is lecturing us about credible certificate.

321 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by PapaBaby: 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
cool grin

Hmmm.. he is absolutely correct with the statement.. nowadays , many Nigerians lack credible certificates due to laziness and corrupt attitudes. Buying degrees and faking degrees certificates.

Why didn't Buhari start by providing a credible school certificate himself?

210 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
so because a man may have NO certificate, he shouldnt demand that all graduates have credible school certificates?!?!?!

[img]https://media./images/c748bdce45aa15254d2e42e3a3561d2d/tenor.gif[/img]

139 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by GamalNasser: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
so because a man may have NO certificate, he shouldnt demand that all graduates have credible school certificates?!?!?!

Yes he has no right to

179 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by Racoon(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
shocked "Credible affidavit/certificate"? What a costly joke and insult from the "my certificate is with the military secretary" crooner.He that comes to equity must come with clean hands.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by Captainrambo2: 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
cool grin

sarcasm is indeed the lowest form if wit undecided

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by APCNig: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
GamalNasser:

Yes he has no right to

Now tell me, is imPatience Jonathan's Bachelors degree credible? Was she taught in Pigin throughout her four years at the university? How camone her grammar, lexis and structure are the worst in the history of mankind?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by positivelord: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Bubu mean credible "Affidavits"

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by SouthSouth1914: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

The man has no integrity! Buhari has no integrity.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by DaInferno(m): 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
GamalNasser:

Yes he has no right to
absolutely what happened to practice what u preach?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by digitaltrades: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
, if buhari has proved to be a man of integrity, may God bless you.

But if buhari's integrity is fake, may curses and destruction be your lot, amen.

I expect you to reply via your alternative monickers again, you deceptive, dishonorable, foul, Corrupt element.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by Kundagarten: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Coming from certificate less Buhari.
I swear Buhari is a clown.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by Khd95(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
affidavit presido grin grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by UthmanUnique(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
NO OFFENCE!! So, because your parent made a mistake while growing up, they shouldnt guide you aright while growing up?
PapaBaby:
Is this a joke?

Buhari with no known certificate is lecturing us about credible certificate.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by saaron(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
What Buhari meant is that Nigerians who are not almajiris must possess credible certificate before they could be considered for employment. While northern almajiris like himself do not require any certificate as they are already powered by sharia law to contest elective post without certificates. Afterall, western education is sin. Abi no be so?
This is what one Nigeria is all about.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by biggie73(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
PapaBaby:
Buhari who doesn't have a certificate wants us to have credible certificate.

Nigerian graduates must have credible ‘School certificates’ – Buhari

.....if it comes from Buhari, I would rather ignore it. I roll with educated folks.....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by Wallade(m): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
UthmanUnique:
NO OFFENCE!! So, because your parent made a mistake while growing up, they shouldnt guide you aright while growing up?

The parents should acknowledge their mistakes first and let the trained professors and facilitators guide the kids, the parents should stay in the background when that topic is up.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Graduates Must Have Credible School Certificates by Wallade(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
digitaltrades:
, if buhari has proved to be a man of integrity, may God bless you.

But if buhari's integrity is fake, may curses and destruction be your lot, amen.

I expect you to reply via your alternative monickers again, you deceptive, dishonorable, foul, Corrupt element.

I strongly believe that Mr Buhari is no man of integrity. I see him as a dishonest man.

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture / U.S Government Wants Global Position For GEJ / Throwback Pics Of Abacha, MKO & Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.