Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials (97713 Views)

Four Abia Gay Anglican Priests Dismissed By Church / Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members / Ibadan Baptist Pastor Locked Out By Church Members Over Embezzlement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by otokx(m): 8:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Churches should get external auditors to look into their books annually that is if there is nothing to hide cool

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by matrixme(m): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
DrChukki:
That's bad actually... But where's the place of forgiveness Christ taught us.

Asking people not to employ them is the idea I don't buy into.

We are all children of God. Anyone can fall into sin, but that doesn't mean God won't forgive us if we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

Asking the church members not to sympathize with them is like refusing a sinner that comes for altar call.

Papa should please consider them. They were Christians before they became church officials. So they can be forgiven by both God and man.

After all, No one is 100% innocent of crime.
Oga Nicodemus, you can request for their CV's and employ them in your company OK. Shebi you want to be righteous...
You mean people that stole from the church should be given a warm handshake and chocolate àbí, let's even elect them into power

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by matrixme(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
DrChukki:

We are all children of God. Anyone can fall into sin, but that doesn't mean God won't forgive us if we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

Asking the church members not to sympathize with them is like refusing a sinner that comes for altar call.

Papa should please consider them. They were Christians before they became church officials. So they can be forgiven by both God and man.

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Kursk2019(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
Bloggeryanke:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/oyedepo-blows-hot-over-millions-stolen-by-church-officials/amp/
Since the accountants know how the money was dubiously collected and accumulated, why won't they take some. They should tell us how much was taken from how much. Awon oloriburuku

3 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by HappyAmInCANADA: 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
AFTER ALL HE IS A THIEF STEALING FROM MEMBERS

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by ArticleBeast: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
bizzibodi:

So Jesus shld drove & flog oyedepo abi?
I am responsible for what I say not how you understand it.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
How much is he paying his accountants. If the report is true then I guess they are underpaid.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by capnies: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
They can be forgiven if they return back the money its called restitution but can they. Because you can't ask for forgiveness when your still in possession of what you stole
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by mechanics(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Some people don't fear God at all, stealing in the house of God is foolishness and evil.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Ten06(m): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Sir, please forgive them for 777 times. As you have always been preaching

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
There are different kind of churches in Nigeria. There is the kind which is only open for rich entrepreneurs, business tycoons or business owners. If you are a staff, a junior worker of a company or a struggling person worshipping in those churches they will show you pepper.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by TruthHurts100: 8:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ole gbe, Ole gba. Thief thief am, thief thief am from the thief wey thief am.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
I thought tithing was to protect against robbery. Oh well wetin i know.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
Changgetonaira:
This life sha! Even church o.
Anyways, contact me on how to make a living from Amazon kdp
how can i make money from kdp
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by govomotors: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
They should be forgiven and not dismissed. If your brother offend you, you are to forgive 70x7 times.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by AnanseK(m): 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
The money was obtained through deception and conmanship anyway

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
oluwaseyi000:
Inside life, inside church
Aswr guy

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Yales: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
Every idle word spoken shall be accounted for on the day of judgement. A lot of people saying what they do not know about.How do you know they are not well paid?Living faith(winners) staff are paid considerably well. Most of you are giving comments based on unfounded rumors,assumptions and hearsay. May God have mercy. Everyone will one day stand before God and give account of his/her words.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by genkins(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
infogenius:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
A pastor passed on some years ago from a strange illness. Before he passed on, he confessed to his wife the fraudulent deals he partook off. He also told his wife that the strange sickness was his nemesis but asked his wife to apologise to the Bishop on his behalf.

Church officials are humans, however it is expected that the live exemplary lives.

Lord grant me your mercy to be a shining example IJN
A pastor.. Smh . What is his name, which church? Stop peddling unverifiable info
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Kezmano: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
No one is Holy pass even the pastor that accused the accountants........there are some common people God loves more than pastors of the church. What are we talking

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by ProtectMyMoney: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Bloggeryanke:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/oyedepo-blows-hot-over-millions-stolen-by-church-officials/amp/

Fraudsters everywhere...even Church officials that are expected to be holy.

Protect your money
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by PrinzCarter(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
DrChukki:

are u aware dat top pastors are paid very high for dis pastors to leave d amount and other entitlement dat comes from d bishop and venture into embezzling extra funds that's greed at its peak
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by naijapips04: 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
When you pastor is stealing, he asks you to touch not the anointed. When another pastor steals from him, he tortures them. Nigerians are fools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by einsteine(m): 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
Malcolm123:

Most mature ppl will lyk to hear both side B4 judging ......Maybe dey have their reason too
Not dat dey will just condemn Dem lyk dat

For an accountant or auditor, integrity is the most important thing.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Consigliere(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Tomide007:

Lol...what are you saying. So governors steal because they are not well paid

They earn ridiculous salary: some of their accountants earn less than 30K per month while the least pastors earn is 50K
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
how did he know they were accountants?

are they not his pastors again?

stop giving accountants the bad rap.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
HappyAmInCANADA:
AFTER ALL HE IS A THIEF STEALING FROM MEMBERS

no sir, the members willingly donated to him.

cant call thst theft.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by engrchykae(m): 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
They need buhari as president of the church
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Olaolufred(m): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
I left this church sometimes when I saw contract racketeering at high levels here and there.
Where those who are involved in this act still mount the pulpits regularly shouting "the Lord is good".
When church established schools and keeps double accounts to pay less tax.
Corruption is seated majestically on the altar.
As a minister in wsf in the past, I found out that the focus on materialism in teaching, prayers and even bible studies in wsf was too tailored around what we stand to gain from all our services.
A harlot can attend church services for 3 months without hearing from altar once that fornication is sin. But every Sunday, that fornicator will be receiving "prophetic" blessings for God to bless the work of his/her hands.
Wsf centre was once located in a brothel, the owner is an elder always seating behind the "p*p*".
I and my pastor friend in another church discussed these issues, and all we concluded was that God brings revival to his church.
With revival, many eyes will be opened, people will discover that scamming is taking place in church now than ever. The buying and selling Jesus frowned at in the temple is now the order of the day in many churches.
Teachings are so lopsided that we are raising more carnality than heaven minded Christian.

God, please come deliver your church in Nigeria.

Those stealing were probably trying to be materially prosperous so that they can also display affluence they saw others within the system displays after contract racketeering.

Our teachings and program packaging, if it doesn't change to pointing men to Christ only and desist from the present bread and butter teachings, stealing hasn't started then. More will come because people are not being pointed to Christ.

God, please help your church.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ole gbe, ole gba
Whatsa difference?

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by kareemkamil(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oyedepo self na thief na

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Judolisco(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
infogenius:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
A pastor passed on some years ago from a strange illness. Before he passed on, he confessed to his wife the fraudulent deals he partook off. He also told his wife that the strange sickness was his nemesis but asked his wife to apologise to the Bishop on his behalf.

Church officials are humans, however it is expected that the live exemplary lives.

Lord grant me your mercy to be a shining example IJN
where is d place of forgiveness!??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

21 Signs You Have Mammi Water {water Spirit} / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.