Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,272 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials (97719 Views)

Four Abia Gay Anglican Priests Dismissed By Church / Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members / Ibadan Baptist Pastor Locked Out By Church Members Over Embezzlement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by adem30: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
DrChukki:
That's bad actually... But where's the place of forgiveness Christ taught us.

Asking people not to employ them is the idea I don't buy into.

We are all children of God. Anyone can fall into sin, but that doesn't mean God won't forgive us if we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

Asking the church members not to sympathize with them is like refusing a sinner that comes for altar call.

Papa should please consider them. They were Christians before they became church officials. So they can be forgiven by both God and man.

After all, No one is 100% innocent of crime.

Funny enough Oyedepo played a lead role in an attempt to bring back Atiku to power, I remembered how he led Atiku to Obasanjo house, here is he today urging people not to forgive those who have wronged him. That's human for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by adem30: 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

bros if you know the atrocities these people have committed, you will not be talking like these!
these guys will arbitrarily hijack and squander the money they are supposed to use to pay people that have executed one Project or the other. wicked lot.

Is there offence as bad as Atiku own? Are their atrocities as bad as Atiku own that Oyedepo want us to vote as President?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Liposure: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Judgement shall start from d church
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Jaqenhghar: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
What goes around comes around.
This is a man who teaches the gospel of money. Money is more important than making heaven. If you dont have money you are less than human. Steal kill and do everything to make money. When his members steal from others he condones it. Now na him turn eye don red. Monkey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by charlsecy(m): 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lonelypacifist6:
Is HE not paying them enough? that's the only thing that can make them steal
Not necessarily true.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by lionson(m): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
My dear Bishop, David Oyedepo, you cannot live a poorly fed goat with yam and expect the same goat not to eat the yam.
You pay graduates of accounting with ICAN and it's relevant courses peanuts and expect them to prevent fraud? It's not possible. This are professionals not pastors with calling.
Even the pastoral staffs are not spared as they are paid stipends because you take advantage of the high unemployment rate in the country to employ people and subject them to demanding work schedules all in the name of God.
Ministries like Salvation ministry, DayStar and the rest don't joke with staff welfare but you do. It's interesting to note that you still pay even your security personnel as poor as 10k-20k, while accountants and auditors earn between 30k+ to 50k+ depending on the year of entry and state.
So my concern is that with all your boasting as the richest pastor and the richest church your staff welfare policy is poor.
The wealth of King Solomon reflected on his servants, the blessings on Salvation ministry and the rest reflects on their staffs. Allow the wealth of the commission to reflect on your staffs.
Take care of your admin and pastoral staffs and they will take care of the work and don't expect the best from an ill motivated work staff. Thank you!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by uncommonmartins: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Can I have your number ?
Changgetonaira:
This life sha! Even church o.

Anyways, contact me on how to make a living from Amazon kdp
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Mechejy: 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
hahaha!!! Bishop with due respect: when you go on private jet, live luxurious life and at same teach people how to make money instead of how to make heaven what do you expect? You take time promoting flesh & blood instead of salvation messages: what do u expect? Look at your female folks/ youths dress? eBay can you say? You dwell much on worldliness & carnality and expect to see congregation filled with the spirit: it can’t work. You don’t teach more on holiness & righteousness yet you parade yourself as holy. Now is the beginning. Borrow a leaf from Benny jinn and change.

3 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by DrChukki: 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
shineeye1:

See this diehard criminal and his fellow criminals liking him!

A corrupt element betrays his position of trust to the dogs and you come saying that he should be rewarded with yet another position of trust after he was caught and dismissed because, according to your deluded and twisted mind, everyone is into crime! You hear yourself? If you come from a community of criminals, does that make other communities criminal minded like yours?
A man who was never moved to confession or repentance after spending years listening to puritan and persuading messages in an evangelically charged atmosphere until he was eventually apprehended is the one you are advocating for yet another office of trust as a befitting reward? Deluded criminal! You think mercy is cheap or God throws mercy to every demon and demoness? Or you are more merciful than God?
These are the same criminals corrupting our political space in Nigeria. Una no go die better!

I never wanted to reply you but I just chose to.

You see how you've ended condemning people yourself. That's why I pity the present day Christians who lacks knowledge of the scriptures but believes everything their pastor tells them even when they're not scriptural.

Judas betrayed Christ after being a first hand receiver of the teachings of Jesus. You and I are aware that if he had asked for forgiveness, Christ would have forgiven him even while on the cross.

Pope John Paul forgave the man that wanted to assassinate him and even invited him and prayed for him.

Condemning people is totally wrong brother.

Who are you to condemn them?

How come we preach grace, but when the time to show people that grace can save them we hide.

We allow ladies to come to church on trousers, allow cultists to give their lives to Christ, ask our congregation to vote a particular politician, but when we're hurt directly we condemn them to death.

Hearing persuasive words from Bishop and yet committing sin is bad. But yourself you're guilty of it. Imagine you called me a criminal as well... That's to tell you that we're getting somethings wrong.

If Christ said we will do greater than him, that could also mean we will forgive far than he forgave. I guess that's Breaking Limits as well.

So sir, understand me. I've been a Winner since 2012 but that doesn't mean if I see something unscriptural I should support it.

Peace brother...!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by chijokz(m): 11:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
Originalsly:

grin grin....same thought came to mind!... adultery.... fornication... abortions....gambling... none of these stuff affect him... but to steal his money??...all hell broke loose! But then again... if he can go this far to warn church members ... why didn't he go to the Police and have the thief charged for grand larceny? I strongly believe this is a scam.... to get members to give more to make up for the ehmmm.... stolen funds.
I had the same reasoning. If grand lacerny was committed, then why didn't he report to the authorities which is the right thing to do.
This theft will make his members sympathetic and I won't be surprised if a special offering is named "Stolen funds replacement" for members to give.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Imyourex(m): 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
Changgetonaira:
This life sha! Even church o.

Anyways, contact me on how to make a living from Amazon kdp

I'm interested please
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by KingAzubuike(f): 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
Olaolufred:
I left this church sometimes when I saw contract racketeering at high levels here and there.
Where those who are involved in this act still mount the pulpits regularly shouting "the Lord is good".
When church established schools and keeps double accounts to pay less tax.
Corruption is seated majestically on the altar.
As a minister in wsf in the past, I found out that the focus on materialism in teaching, prayers and even bible studies in wsf was too tailored around what we stand to gain from all our services.
A harlot can attend church services for 3 months without hearing from altar once that fornication is sin. But every Sunday, that fornicator will be receiving "prophetic" blessings for God to bless the work of his/her hands.
Wsf centre was once located in a brothel, the owner is an elder always seating behind the "p*p*".
I and my pastor friend in another church discussed these issues, and all we concluded was that God brings revival to his church.
With revival, many eyes will be opened, people will discover that scamming is taking place in church now than ever. The buying and selling Jesus frowned at in the temple is now the order of the day in many churches.
Teachings are so lopsided that we are raising more carnality than heaven minded Christian.

God, please come deliver your church in Nigeria.

Those stealing were probably trying to be materially prosperous so that they can also display affluence they saw others within the system displays after contract racketeering.

Our teachings and program packaging, if it doesn't change to pointing men to Christ only and desist from the present bread and butter teachings, stealing hasn't started then. More will come because people are not being pointed to Christ.

God, please help your church.
True, winners usually focus on preachings based on blessings, wealth, success etc. They rarely preach about sin, in-depth knowledge about the Bible , how to make heaven etc. I'm a member of both redeem and winners
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by wanger50(m): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
Expert17:

God shud forgive everybody and cancel Hell fire.......
I thought it's Christ teachings you guys are dealing with and not personal opinions. Has God not been forgiven us all along?Are you telling me because there is a hell fire,that make God unforgiving?Can you tell how many times Oyedepo himself has been forgiven? How about you reading me now?I asked you a very simple question as per Christ teachings on forgiveness and you resort to personal opinion as to hellfire and God

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by KingAzubuike(f): 11:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
What goes around comes around.
This is a man who teaches the gospel of money. Money is more important than making heaven. If you dont have money you are less than human. Steal kill and do everything to make money. When his members steal from others he condones it. Now na him turn eye don red. Monkey
Oyedepo and his pastors focuses on preachings about wealth , money etc. That's true

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by hybraheeem002(m): 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Na money we call am.... The root of all evils
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by infogenius(m): 11:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
genkins:

A pastor.. Smh . What is his name, which church? Stop peddling unverifiable info

Unfortunately I don't have anything to prove to you as I don't deem it necessary to provide the name of the pastor and the church.
I seriously respect the privacy of the family involved on an issue as this.

Make I no give bloggers free traffic

After all No be all cloth dem dey spread under sun.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by infogenius(m): 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
bezimo:

As an insider I can tell you there are many of such cases..people don't fear God..like stealing church money..how do you want to escape..Most times they don't end well..because there is a curse that follows.

U're spot on this post.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by infogenius(m): 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Judolisco:
where is d place of forgiveness!??

Of course it is expected to forgive however, the culprit should not be given that assignment any longer to prevent him/her from being tempted.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by plaetton: 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
Easy come, easy go.

There is no honor among thieves .
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realstick941: 12:30am On Jan 12, 2020
DrChukki:

Don't say that bro.... Church itself has a payroll. Looting them has a huge negative impact

Better steal your fathers money than steal your neighbors.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Timothyoj(m): 12:33am On Jan 12, 2020
DrChukki:
That's bad actually... But where's the place of forgiveness Christ taught us.

Asking people not to employ them is the idea I don't buy into.

We are all children of God. Anyone can fall into sin, but that doesn't mean God won't forgive us if we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

Asking the church members not to sympathize with them is like refusing a sinner that comes for altar call.

Papa should please consider them. They were Christians before they became church officials. So they can be forgiven by both God and man.

After all, No one is 100% innocent of crime.

In fact no one is 50% free of crime, 100% is too far

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Enemyofpeace: 12:40am On Jan 12, 2020
Where person dey work na there him dey chop, that is why it is called workchop

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Ken4Christ: 2:01am On Jan 12, 2020
This happens when you permit too much handling of physical cash and also when there is no regular auditing.

Transactions should be done through banks and physical cash should not be kept in the office longer than necessary.

Reports should be submitted on a daily and weekly basis in a format that fraud can easily be detected.

Finally, we should teach morals from time to time and not just motivational messages as the case is with most ministries. They are more interested in the crowd than in building souls up in the ways and fear of the Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by TobyJohn(m): 2:02am On Jan 12, 2020
church officials right now...

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by equilogng: 3:30am On Jan 12, 2020
Hiswordxray:
The flow of resources and the carnal state of the people would surely lead to theft.

The way the church system is designed there is bound to be this kind of problem. We need a better system where resources don't get stored up in such a way that would tempt others to start stealing them. Rather the resources would be distributed among the needy in our midst, empowering the poor and helping the weak.

I wrote a post where I discuss another system that I believe would do better than this current church system we have. Here is the link to the post:
https://www.nairaland.com/5546719/supposed-doing-church-practicing-ecclesia

These are top notch professional accountants, they are by no means poor or in need but " GREED".
How an you STEAL in the house of GOD and you claim you're serving HIM?
They were very lucky no to have been openly shamed and the images displayed everywhere..
May God help them ..
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Kbanka: 6:04am On Jan 12, 2020
Oyedepo that forgave Atiku and wanted Nigerians to employ him as their President is now sacking and telling his followers not to hire them. Woow
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2020
Criminals stealing from criminals
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by bewla(m): 7:09am On Jan 12, 2020
SlimBrawnie:
I said it in the other thread
One was praying for the contractors that didn't do their jobs he paid them for, according to him
"The Bible says Prayer is the Key, Prayer is our own weapon of welfare, we can not fight you , but we can go on our knees and pray, so leave us with our prayers. Thank you. Do you and let’s do us".
Meanwhile, his colleague dismisses employees and says no of hould employ or sympathise with ex employees, labeling potential sympathisers as wicked.
This Christianity sef.
where one man decide what can of worshipping will do for the day dancing or praising or clapping

Not uniform doctrine Christianity is bound to steal

Rub Peter pay Pual
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Hoodgod(m): 7:13am On Jan 12, 2020
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 12, 2020
Thieves stole from a bigger thief, No problem.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by airminem(f): 7:43am On Jan 12, 2020
wink Yeaaaaa

As a homieeeee kindaaaa lady i say if you refuse to speak against kwaruption, it will befall oo you and the church will be silent.

grin
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by trumpcoat(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2020
Inside life inside church nothing we no go see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

21 Signs You Have Mammi Water {water Spirit} / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.