Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials (97711 Views)

Four Abia Gay Anglican Priests Dismissed By Church / Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members / Ibadan Baptist Pastor Locked Out By Church Members Over Embezzlement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Roycemadeit(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2020
Business is booming
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by TinyHacker: 8:58am On Jan 12, 2020
"Dead silence fell on the gathering as the Bishop reiterated: “Don’t sympathise with any perpetrator of fraud, otherwise you are a partaker of the evil act.”"
how ironic
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Alanpoza007: 9:16am On Jan 12, 2020
KingAzubuike:

True, winners usually focus on preachings based on blessings, wealth, success etc. They rarely preach about sin, in-depth knowledge about the Bible , how to make heaven etc. I'm a member of both redeem and winners
Meaning they ignore the weightier matters of the law like Christ accused the Pharisees of. The question is why then do you still go to such a place you clearly know have deviated from the real teachings of Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Bimpe29: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2020
Can you imagine that?

Embezzlement in the house of god...
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2020
LadySarah:
Very sad though.
Used to admire the church until we moved to a new neighborhood and chose one opposite the house.
Very beautiful edifice with cool, good looking pastors and powerful faith based sermons. The solemn choir wasn'teft out.

My young sis on I. T followed me there and being the person she was soon made friends with the pst wife.

In no distant time
Pst wife told us of their woez. She later came to pack some siz clothes to wear.
She was going to another new Gen church for prayers to ward off evil.
ONE early morning around 6am, the gateman brought a guest to my apartment. A sort of familiar face I later discovered to be one of the fierce ushers in the church. She needed money to buy drugs her kids.

I felt so sad.

Not to criticize but if I were a pst, Deacon Stephen will be my example. The church has no biz with mighty edifices and bank accounts. No need for those private jets, have we finished preaching to those in Ottah alone. If yes, why so much evil then.

Disburse those money and help your converts. Let them see the beauty of Jesus.

Be that as it may, the church marches on and No Gate of hell shall prevail against it.
Only Jesus still knows his own cos our brand of Christianity is Chrisenterpreneurship.
The point you've raised is exactly my issue with the church in general and LFC in particular. I'm a Winner btw.

Now, I'm not saying the church isn't trying in reaching out to the poor and less privileged in her midst, I'm saying they're not doing enough when compared to the wealth they accrue..

2 years ago, someone i knew was in the accounts department of a state church in the south, that is the state headquarters of tge LFC family.. He said a lady came to the church on a Sunday morning asking for financial assistance, the child was critically ill and needed urgent medical attention.. The welfare department asked her to write to this, unit pastor, district head, home cell leader and so on. That was the protocol.

So, practically it was impossible for her to get any help on that day yet her child was dying. What if the child had passed on by the time help would come which would be days?? A lady in the finance department on hearing the lady's story was livid. She went on a rant saying they had just realised 23 million plus during the first service alone and they hold 3 services on sundays. What would it cost the church to attend to the needy lady's case? She was a committed member btw.

Similar situation happened in my own branch with a lady too. It's why i say the church isn't doing enough with regards to tending to the poor and needy in her midst. Imagine one church realizing #23 million plus in just one service, do the math for all states churches and then district churches to smaller branches nationwide and beyond. The winners church is extremely rich.

A friend of mine left the church recently saying it has become too money conscious.. Imagine our RP saying he didn't receive any gifts for easter during sermon on a Sunday service, saying the members are not nice, he was disappointed and stuff.. Oga but them dey pay you na, i just weak.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 9:42am On Jan 12, 2020
Amanda4life:
So new generation pastors dey steal too
Die... Na dem steal pass.. Infact for over 95% of them church is strictly biz to them.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by LadySarah: 9:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Realhommie:
The point you've raised is exactly my issue with the church in general and LFC in particular. I'm a Winner btw.

Now, I'm not saying the church isn't trying in reaching out to the poor and less privileged in her midst, I'm saying they're not doing enough when compared to the wealth they accrue..

2 years ago, someone i knew was in the accounts department of a state church in the south, that is the state headquarters of tge LFC family.. He said a lady came to the church on a Sunday morning asking for financial assistance, the child was critically ill and needed urgent medical attention.. The welfare department asked her to write to this, unit pastor, district head, home cell leader and so on. That was the protocol.

So, practically it was impossible for her to get any help on that day yet her child was dying. What if the child had passed on by the time help would come which would be days?? A lady in the finance department on hearing the lady's story was livid. She went on a rant saying they had just realised 23 million plus during the first service alone and they hold 3 services on sundays. What would it cost the church to attend to the needy lady's case? She was a committed member btw.

Similar situation happened in my own branch with a lady too. It's why i say the church isn't doing enough with regards to tending to the poor and needy in her midst. Imagine one church realizing #23 million plus in just one service, do the math for all states churches and then district churches to smaller branches nationwide and beyond. The winners church is extremely rich.

A friend of mine left the church recently saying it has become too money conscious.. Imagine our RP saying he didn't receive any gifts for easter during sermon on a Sunday service, saying the members are not nice, he was disappointed and stuff.. Oga but them dey pay you na, i just weak.

If the Rp tells you what he is paid, you will weep for him. He doesn't have say on the money gotten. The account depts sends to the headquarters who in turn pays the church pastor.

I don't want to say all but something is brewing financially and might blow soon.
God help us
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2020
bigiyaro:
what is wrong with what these men of God did? instead of calling the police, he opt to pray, anything wrong with that? lastly any one that has the mind to steal from the church can physically kill for money, can u employ a know thief?
It's not in his place to say no one should employ them especially considering his standing and status.. You've relieved them, that's enough..

Remember what he stands for, Christianity, to be Christ like.. Now ask your self what Jesus would do??

The idea is to hate sin, not sinners. As Christians we're admonished to forgive and pray, not crucify and condemn.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Onojanson:
They should focus more on telling the people about the consequencies of sin, rather than the pleasure of wealth.
Lovely.. It's where they have failed so far.

If i tell you that in my church over 60% of youths are into internet fraud you won't believe.. It's same for most winners churches across the nation.. Why do you think they're comfortable? The reason is because they're indirectly being encouraged.

I love your statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2020
LadySarah:

If the Rp tells you what he is paid, you will weep for him. He doesn't have say on the money gotten. The account depts sends to the headquarters who in turn pays the church pastor.

I don't want to say all but something is brewing financially and might blow soon.
God help us
Hmmmmmmmmmm..

It is well.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Teymanhenry(f): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2020
What kind of man of God will preache against forgiveness . Jesus said we should always forgive and forget
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2020
Olaolufred:
I left this church sometimes when I saw contract racketeering at high levels here and there.
Where those who are involved in this act still mount the pulpits regularly shouting "the Lord is good".
When church established schools and keeps double accounts to pay less tax.
Corruption is seated majestically on the altar.
As a minister in wsf in the past, I found out that the focus on materialism in teaching, prayers and even bible studies in wsf was too tailored around what we stand to gain from all our services.
A harlot can attend church services for 3 months without hearing from altar once that fornication is sin. But every Sunday, that fornicator will be receiving "prophetic" blessings for God to bless the work of his/her hands.
Wsf centre was once located in a brothel, the owner is an elder always seating behind the "p*p*".
I and my pastor friend in another church discussed these issues, and all we concluded was that God brings revival to his church.
With revival, many eyes will be opened, people will discover that scamming is taking place in church now than ever. The buying and selling Jesus frowned at in the temple is now the order of the day in many churches.
Teachings are so lopsided that we are raising more carnality than heaven minded Christian.

God, please come deliver your church in Nigeria.

Those stealing were probably trying to be materially prosperous so that they can also display affluence they saw others within the system displays after contract racketeering.

Our teachings and program packaging, if it doesn't change to pointing men to Christ only and desist from the present bread and butter teachings, stealing hasn't started then. More will come because people are not being pointed to Christ.

God, please help your church.
I wish i could like this a thousand times.. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by richPHAROAH: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2020
so were is the forgiveness you are suppose to preach?
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Olaolufred(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Realhommie:

I saw all these before I left the church.
Church seems to be part and parcel of the challenges bedevilling our nation.

2 Likes

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Olaolufred(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2020
LadySarah:

God help us

A lot of secrets will blow up in future.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by gafaardy(m): 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
This is Incredible!
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Balyz: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Yorick:
[s][/s]
lol blasted12 don kpafuka
this one go join
lemme just give am small time so that e go pain you cheesy
Keep fooling yourself
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by somtookeke(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Oyedepo dismisses senior officials for looting church’s treasury

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/oyedepo-dismisses-senior-officials-for.html

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by lionson(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Yales:
Every idle word spoken shall be accounted for on the day of judgement. A lot of people saying what they do not know about.How do you know they are not well paid?Living faith(winners) staff are paid considerably well. Most of you are giving comments based on unfounded rumors,assumptions and hearsay. May God have mercy. Everyone will one day stand before God and give account of his/her words.

Is that what your papa told you?
Living Faith Staff are being paid well? I laugh at your ignorance.
I have my record, produce yours let's put the devil to shame.
I speak with facts as my elder brother is an accountant with them and I have their payroll.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by lionson(m): 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Papa, improve on the welfare of your accounting, admin and pastoral staffs and fraud will reduce drastically.
Secondly, spending millions on relief materials then sending it to IDP camps makes no sense when you have members in need is hyprocricy. That is why I left LFC Wurukum, Makurdi in 2018.
I was part of thousands of people displaced that year as I lost everything and I mean everything as I was squatting with a friend.
We found out from one of the staffs that 11 million naira was released for relief materials and they bought all of stuffs only to realize they were going to handover those materials to the benue state government.
We the affected members went to the church leaders then to express our concern that we members that were affected that pay our tithe and offering are not being considered but the hands of the church leaders were also tied.
To cut the long story short, the materials were taken to a government bonded warehouse for the purpose of storing those material and case closed. The materials were never distributed but got to find out it will be distributed as election campaign materials by the government of the day and you know the most annoying thing is that on the day the church wanted to handover those items news media outlet was on ground to cover the event and guess who paid? I found all this out myself.
From that day I swore never to have anything to do with church ever and I think I am better off that way because the hyprocricy was just too
It was the so called "unbelievers" that assisted me to pick up the broken pieces of my life and I am glad I moved past that episode.
The bottom line is a church that doesn't have welfare program for widows, orphans and the poor and needy consistently and focuses on building structures is a scam.
A church that pays it's staffs peanut and expects it's staffs to observe the fear of God by not stealing or diverting such funds when it's so glaring to the staffs that their welfare can be improved is a scam.
Let's go back to the Acts of the Apostles where we saw the real acts of the church not all this acting.
Let's stop all this nonsense in the name of Church for Christ sake.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by genkins(m): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
infogenius:

Unfortunately I don't have anything to prove to you as I don't deem it necessary to provide the name of the pastor and the church.
I seriously respect the privacy of the family involved on an issue as this.

Make I no give bloggers free traffic

After all No be all cloth dem dey spread under sun.
Yea.. Thats because it's unverifiable. U sound like ur pastors that give stories that cannot be verified. Stories like how one man sowed a dangerous seed and reaped in billions or how one woman was healed.. Stories. That is what they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Dipseet(m): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
Changgetonaira:
This life sha! Even church o.

Anyways, contact me on how to make a living from Amazon kdp

Bro i just pm u
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by infogenius(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
genkins:

Yea.. Thats because it's unverifiable. U sound like ur pastors that give stories that cannot be verified. Stories like how one man sowed a dangerous seed and reaped in billions or how one woman was healed.. Stories. That is what they are

I am not obligated to be tell u anything. Is it by force?
If I want to say, I will, and no one will come after me.
If u are looking for stories to verify, there are plenty online. Go after them and verify.

The truth remains there are wolves in sheep clothing. That's enough for you to verify Mr. Verifier.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Iykenuwa(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hiswordxray:
The flow of resources and the carnal state of the people would surely lead to theft.

The way the church system is designed there is bound to be this kind of problem. We need a better system where resources don't get stored up in such a way that would tempt others to start stealing them. Rather the resources would be distributed among the needy in our midst, empowering the poor and helping the weak.

I wrote a post where I discuss another system that I believe would do better than this current church system we have. Here is the link to the post:
https://www.nairaland.com/5546719/supposed-doing-church-practicing-ecclesia

Hope you have started practicing what you preach, since you know better?
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by Realhommie(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Olaolufred:

I saw all these before I left the church.
Church seems to be part and parcel of the challenges bedevilling our nation.
It is sad.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by ofuonyebi: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Bishop oyedepo is the richest pastor in Africa
Bishop oyedepo owns the costliest jet among the Afican Minister of GOD
Where did the money come from?
So, those accountants others & involved too want to ride at least a "Lambogini" now, from the free poor peoples money
Such is life...but in Afica, the pot always call the kettle black...that is our biggest inferno!
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by mutvy: 10:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
David Oyedepo,no be scam you tay make the moni before? Go sit down biko!
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by dalass(f): 5:41am On Jan 13, 2020
DrChukki:
That's bad actually... But where's the place of forgiveness Christ taught us.

Asking people not to employ them is the idea I don't buy into.

We are all children of God. Anyone can fall into sin, but that doesn't mean God won't forgive us if we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

Asking the church members not to sympathize with them is like refusing a sinner that comes for altar call.

Papa should please consider them. They were Christians before they became church officials. So they can be forgiven by both God and man.

After all, No one is 100% innocent of crime.

Was Judas forgiven?
Did Jesus give him that chance?
You saw the part where the Bishop said one of the was recalcitrant. Such people are quite hardened and only pretend to be Christians but many are just wolves in sheep's clothing...
Am sure the millions are big numbers! shocked
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by orisa37: 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
Church Rats aren't poor any more.
Re: Millions Stolen From Bishop David Oyedepo By Church Officials by PHijo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
Realhommie:

If people steal despite this process what do you expect if there is no process in place?

As much as I sympathise with people like the woman in question. Nobody is entitled to the church's money. If anyone gets assistance fine but if no assistance comes forth so be it.

What is the role of your government?

What have we done as individuals or communities to improve our lot?

African should try to be more productive. The world is leaving us behind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

21 Signs You Have Mammi Water {water Spirit} / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.