Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity (598 Views)

Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union / What Is Your Perspective Of God? / The Charade Of The Stephanie Otobo's Confession & Apology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
I will be writing this article from the perspective of present reality mostly from my personal and close friends and relatives' perspective. I want to shed some light (my opinion) on this myth, fiction or reality called Christianity.

This is my personal opinion. Do not advise me, condemn me or pray for me. Do not insult me or even bless me.

The beginning
Just like everyone born into a Christian home, I too was born into one. Though I never saw my father go to church from what I learned, my father was a Catholic until he just got tired of Christianity - no reason given. However, my mother never failed to continue to raise us into believing the Christian doctrine, living our lives in accordance with the Christian rules. And to an extent, it began to shape the way I was growing up. Positive? Yes, I was led to learn that there was a big divide between right and wrong. Negatively? Yes, because I felt all my problems will be answered by prayers and waiting on God.

But the learning process I was trained by my mother and invariably, the church to live with regarding the aspects of right and wrong became extreme in my perception of how other people should and should not behave, how they should live and not live, and whom I am OK to associate with and not associate with. I grew up despising people who drink alcohol and smoking cigarettes because according to the Christian doctrine, they are sinners. I despised people who do not go to church because they were pagans and sinners; I despised people who go to clubs because they were the biggest sinners and fornicators. And the list goes on.

Contradiction – “judge not so that ye may not be judged”. I cannot remember if this is in the Bible, but I clearly remembered being taught in our "Children Class" in church.

Seeking solutions
When I finished secondary school, I fully understood ... or so I thought. That for every problem, I needed to go to God in prayers. For me to get solutions, I needed to become closer to God. I needed to hear from him. Did I ever hear from him? Or was I busy "hearing" voices in my head. My subconscious giving me options on certain issues.

There is a concept called the Phenomena of Auditory Verbal Hallucinations (AVHs). You can read it up. It basically emphasizes on the psychology of perception and inner voices often played by neuroscience. A voice in the head helps with relationships and helps maintain control mostly of your tenuous balance of stability. The voices often tell you what you want to hear. Was it really the voice of God? Or maybe I am wrong. But as I said earlier... my perspective!

Full commitment
To completely seal my love for God and to place myself deeper into his presence so I could get all I ever wanted, I became practically “born again”. I never missed a revival program or any other program. I was a youth leader and a part of the church’s “prayer warriors”. I preached, I prayed – fervently, I fasted, I showed love, I did them ALL.

BUT…

This was where it got interesting.

As I basked in the growth of my Christendom, two things began happening simultaneously. First, life just kept getting harder and secondly, I began to see more evidence in knowledge gained or to put it plainly, "science". And every hardcore Christian will definitely NOT believe in science but faith and miracles.

I focused all my time trying to prove I'm worthy in the sight of God. I needed more of his Glory wrapped around my spiritual life. I fasted and prayed more. I strived beyond all measures to be holy for blessed are those who are holy for they shall see God. I began to feel his presence at all times. I began to dream and get "revelations" in my dream. I began to be able to "interpret" dreams. Alas, I was getting closer to the throne of Grace.

Sometimes, I had terrible nightmares that jolted me up on my bed at the dead of the night. Then, I quickly get on my knees and did what I know how to do best – “kabash”. I prayed hard. I fought spiritual warfares, I wrestled with demons I saw in my dreams.

Now, I don't know if dreams are real or like some theories postulate - a succession of images, emotions, ideas, sensations, etc that occurs during what is called a REM (Rapid Eye Movement) stage of sleep. There are also other theories that dreams are often caused by Acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter in the human brain. I know nothing about this level of science but what I do know and have confirmed is that dreams are triggered by our thoughts and emotions; our state of mind. I'll give you an example culled from a personal experience later on.

It doesn’t work.
As the years went by, I began to notice that they don’t work – the prayers, the fasting, the all-nights, the revival programs, etc. They don’t just work!

My mother has been a dedicated Christian all her life. She prayed ALL the time, she taught in Sunday school, she preached, she fasted, she counseled people, she sowed A LOT of seeds, she never missed her tithes and offerings, she gave to the poor, yada yada yada. But she has been praying for her husband (my father) to turn a new leaf – the leaf of him stopping his having a concubine or babe, or side chick outside. She has been on this prayer for over 20 years. It doesn’t work!

I prayed for a job as I was almost getting lost in depression. I prayed for a breakthrough. Here I was a graduate, intelligent, and smart but no job. I was supposed to be a chosen one. A son of the most high who didn’t lack anything, a dedicated and holy Christian who was so devoted to God. But I lacked EVERYTHING. The breakthrough never came. The miracle job never came. No company called me for an interview. No rich uncle miraculously “remembered” me. It doesn’t work!

My sister just gave birth. The baby hasn’t been up to 72 hours on earth and is on the verge of dying. She prayed. We all prayed. We sowed seeds. But alas, the baby died. It doesn’t work!

My wife has been praying for ALL HER LIFE for God to restore her eyes so she doesn’t have to keep putting on medicated glasses. We just got her a new set. It doesn’t work!

My best friend was depressed and was almost going insane. We prayed for him. We slept in church. Then it turned to aggression or should I call it impulsive aggression. He started destroying things and almost killed his father. That was when we called it quits to prayers and took him to a mental hospital. He was treated and was on medication for over one year. Now he has recovered. The prayers didn't work!

My brother is VERY sick from Kidney failures. He was in MFM camp for more than 3 weeks. Guess what? He was chased away so he won't die on their neck. Because as of then, he was on the verge of death. He went to Synagogue church and met with the "wise men". They prayed and gave him holy water. But none of them worked. He is back home taking treatments and he is still fighting for his life. He went to several big churches and small churches with prophets, anointed pastors, bishops, etc. Most of them chased him away so he won't die on their properties. It doesn't work!

And the list is endless...

I remember when I left my house and moved into the church. Maybe this will trigger the breakthrough. But after almost two years of living in the church, the breakthrough still never came. I was getting fed up, frustrated and depressed. It was then that I gave up.

I gave up trying to be a good Christian. I gave up trying to live a holy life. I gave up trying to fast and pray every time.

I gave up on Christianity.

But instead of think about ending my life because the frustration was something I couldn’t bear, I decided to try the other side of life. I switched my subconscious to explore the other dimension of my perception of life and my general existence.

THE REBIRTH
I wouldn’t really call it a re-birth. But I can confidently say when I began working with my instincts and my direct subconscious; I began seeing life from a different angle. I began noticing A LOT of things I wouldn’t naturally notice or should I say, deliberately refused to notice.

For example, I realized that if I do not pay my tithe, NOTHING would happen to me. There are no “Cankerworms or devourers”. If I do not fast and pray for something I need, I’ll still get it if I work hard enough. If I do not pray in the middle of the night, no “demons” would come fighting me in the night.

I also realized that the moment I stopped believing in witches and wizards, I stopped having bad dreams where I was usually chased about. I just stopped seeing cats and owls as tools of witches but as animals that prefer being active in the night. I stopped seeing lizards and cockroaches as monitoring tools of witches, and I stopped a whole lot of things…..what a relief.

It's all just a perception. Like magic. You only see what you choose to believe.

I began studying and learning. Then, I learned that sleep paralysis is just a health problem. It doesn’t mean you are being “pressed” by witches and wizards.

I started making money. I started employing other people. This is me who believed if I didn’t fast and pray or give tithes or sow loads of seeds, I will never make it.

I just started doing the right things. I started working hard, applying wisdom, learning and applying the right strategies in my business, and success began flowing.

Pastors do go to the hospitals. Why don’t they pray to get well?

Pastors do move around with guards. Why don’t they pray for God’s protection?

Pastors have girlfriends and lovers

Pastors drive the best cars

Pastors have the best apartments

This begs the question. Is Christianity for real? Or is it just a fallacy that has succeeded in outstripping and overshadowing our sense of reasoning and self-realization?

The truth is until you take the bold step to live your life outside the threats of Christianity (hell and devil) you may never see that it’s just a bubble of charade and deception from the outside.

But what do I know? I may be wrong!

3 Likes

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
databoy247:
I will be writing this article from the perspective of present reality mostly from my personal and close friends and relatives' perspective. I want to shed some light (my opinion) on this myth, fiction or reality called Christianity.

This is my personal opinion. Do not advise me, condemn me or pray for me. Do not insult me or even bless me.

The beginning
Just like everyone born into a Christian home, I too was born into one. Though I never saw my father go to church from what I learned, my father was a Catholic until he just got tired of Christianity - no reason given. However, my mother never failed to continue to raise us into believing the Christian doctrine, living our lives in accordance with the Christian rules. And to an extent, it began to shape the way I was growing up. Positive? Yes, I was led to learn that there was a big divide between right and wrong. Negatively? Yes, because I felt all my problems will be answered by prayers and waiting on God.

But the learning process I was trained by my mother and invariably, the church to live with regarding the aspects of right and wrong became extreme in my perception of how other people should and should not behave, how they should live and not live, and whom I am OK to associate with and not associate with. I grew up despising people who drink alcohol and smoking cigarettes because according to the Christian doctrine, they are sinners. I despised people who do not go to church because they were pagans and sinners; I despised people who go to clubs because they were the biggest sinners and fornicators. And the list goes on.

Contradiction – “judge not so that ye may not be judged”. I cannot remember if this is in the Bible, but I clearly remembered being taught in our "Children Class" in church.

Seeking solutions
When I finished secondary school, I fully understood ... or so I thought. That for every problem, I needed to go to God in prayers. For me to get solutions, I needed to become closer to God. I needed to hear from him. Did I ever hear from him? Or was I busy "hearing" voices in my head. My subconscious giving me options on certain issues.

There is a concept called the Phenomena of Auditory Verbal Hallucinations (AVHs). You can read it up. It basically emphasizes on the psychology of perception and inner voices often played by neuroscience. A voice in the head helps with relationships and helps maintain control mostly of your tenuous balance of stability. The voices often tell you what you want to hear. Was it really the voice of God? Or maybe I am wrong. But as I said earlier... my perspective!

Full commitment
To completely seal my love for God and to place myself deeper into his presence so I could get all I ever wanted, I became practically “born again”. I never missed a revival program or any other program. I was a youth leader and a part of the church’s “prayer warriors”. I preached, I prayed – fervently, I fasted, I showed love, I did them ALL.

BUT…

This was where it got interesting.

As I basked in the growth of my Christendom, two things began happening simultaneously. First, life just kept getting harder and secondly, I began to see more evidence in knowledge gained or to put it plainly, "science". And every hardcore Christian will definitely NOT believe in science but faith and miracles.

I focused all my time trying to prove I'm worthy in the sight of God. I needed more of his Glory wrapped around my spiritual life. I fasted and prayed more. I strived beyond all measures to be holy for blessed are those who are holy for they shall see God. I began to feel his presence at all times. I began to dream and get "revelations" in my dream. I began to be able to "interpret" dreams. Alas, I was getting closer to the throne of Grace.

Sometimes, I had terrible nightmares that jolted me up on my bed at the dead of the night. Then, I quickly get on my knees and did what I know how to do best – “kabash”. I prayed hard. I fought spiritual warfares, I wrestled with demons I saw in my dreams.

Now, I don't know if dreams are real or like some theories postulate - a succession of images, emotions, ideas, sensations, etc that occurs during what is called a REM (Rapid Eye Movement) stage of sleep. There are also other theories that dreams are often caused by Acetylcholine which is a neurotransmitter in the human brain. I know nothing about this level of science but what I do know and have confirmed is that dreams are triggered by our thoughts and emotions; our state of mind. I'll give you an example culled from a personal experience later on.

It doesn’t work.
As the years went by, I began to notice that they don’t work – the prayers, the fasting, the all-nights, the revival programs, etc. They don’t just work!

My mother has been a dedicate dun Christian all her life. She prayed ALL the time, she taught in Sunday school, she preached, she fasted, she counseled people, she sowed A LOT of seeds, she never missed her tithes and offerings, she gave to the poor, yada yada yada. But she has been praying for her husband (my father) to turn a new leaf – the leaf of him stopping his having a concubine or babe, or side chick outside. She has been on this prayer for over 20 years. It doesn’t work!

I prayed for a job as I was almost getting lost in depression. I prayed for a breakthrough. Here I was a graduate, intelligent, and smart but no job. I was supposed to be a chosen one. A son of the most high who didn’t lack anything, a dedicated and holy Christian who was so devoted to God. But I lacked EVERYTHING. The breakthrough never came. The miracle job never came. No company called me for an interview. No rich uncle miraculously “remembered” me. It doesn’t work!

My sister just gave birth. The baby hasn’t been up to 72 hours on earth and is on the verge of dying. She prayed. We all prayed. We sowed seeds. But alas, the baby died. It doesn’t work!

My wife has been praying for ALL HER LIFE for God to restore her eyes so she doesn’t have to keep putting on medicated glasses. We just got her a new set. It doesn’t work!

My best friend was depressed and was almost going insane. We prayed for him. We slept in church. Then it turned to aggression or should I call it impulsive aggression. He started destroying things and almost killed his father. That was when we called it quits to prayers and took him to a mental hospital. He was treated and was on medication for over one year. Now he has recovered. The prayers didn't work!

My brother is VERY sick from Kidney failures. He was in MFM camp for more than 3 weeks. Guess what? He was chased away so he won't die on their neck. Because as of then, he was on the verge of death. He went to Synagogue church and met with the "wise men". They prayed and gave him holy water. But none of them worked. He is back home taking treatments and he is still fighting for his life. He went to several big churches and small churches with prophets, anointed pastors, bishops, etc. Most of them chased him away so he won't die on their properties. It doesn't work!

And the list is endless...

I remember when I left my house and moved into the church. Maybe this will trigger the breakthrough. But after almost two years of living in the church, the breakthrough still never came. I was getting fed up, frustrated and depressed. It was then that I gave up.

I gave up trying to be a good Christian. I gave up trying to live a holy life. I gave up trying to fast and pray every time.

I gave up on Christianity.

But instead of think about ending my life because the frustration was something I couldn’t bear, I decided to try the other side of life. I switched my subconscious to explore the other dimension of my perception of life and my general existence.

THE REBIRTH
I wouldn’t really call it a re-birth. But I can confidently say when I began working with my instincts and my direct subconscious; I began seeing life from a different angle. I began noticing A LOT of things I wouldn’t naturally notice or should I say, deliberately refused to notice.

For example, I realized that if I do not pay my tithe, NOTHING would happen to me. There are no “Cankerworms or devourers”. If I do not fast and pray for something I need, I’ll still get it if I work hard enough. If I do not pray in the middle of the night, no “demons” would come fighting me in the night.

I also realized that the moment I stopped believing in witches and wizards, I stopped having bad dreams where I was usually chased about. I just stopped seeing cats and owls as tools of witches but as animals that prefer being active in the night. I stopped seeing lizards and cockroaches as monitoring tools of witches, and I stopped a whole lot of things…..what a relief.

It's all just a perception. Like magic. You only see what you choose to believe.

I began studying and learning. Then, I learned that sleep paralysis is just a health problem. It doesn’t mean you are being “pressed” by witches and wizards.

I started making money. I started employing other people. This is me who believed if I didn’t fast and pray or give tithes or sow loads of seeds, I will never make it.

I just started doing the right things. I started working hard, applying wisdom, learning and applying the right strategies in my business, and success began flowing.

This begs the question. Is Christianity for real? Or is it just a fallacy that has succeeded in outstripping and overshadowing our sense of reasoning and self-realization?

The truth is until you take the bold step to live your life outside the threats of Christianity (hell and devil) you may never see that it’s just a bubble of charade and deception from the outside.

Welcome to life...

1 Like

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
databoy247:

Join the club young man.

I was a dedicated believer for about 20 years , almost lost my life ( not taking drugs ), had the same nightmares you had and even worse, became paranoid about sin, judged anyone who did not fit into the stereotypical picture of a born again ‘holier than thou’ believer , and almost ruined the relationship with my father who did all he could to get me out the cult I joined.

I still believe in God, but I also believe we have been imbued with everything we need for success and to overcome challenges in this transient life. We are to use our gifts, intelligence, energy and creativity to go out there and do great and greater things.

Christianity is a FARCE, an imported religion that has destroyed many minds, turned our society upside down and thrown us back to the stone age. Kind of like Islam. No difference. Christianity has astounding promises which if you research further are all FAKE including the big empty boasts it makes that border on the delusional.

Love your article.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by UceeGod: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
The difference between you and me is that:
For you, problems and seeming God's absence in your life brought frustration and you stopped religion and LOST FAITH altogether.
For me, I saw much worse problems than all you posted above. These brought frustration because I was also born in a core Christian home and did ALL a faithful Christian could do to get out of those problems but encountered more hardship to the point of begging God to take my life. I also stopped religion but NEVER LOST FAITH in God. This faith in Christ brought me into a deeper relationship with God when I stopped focusing on my problems and started looking unto Christ through His Word as the Holy Spirit began to inspire me to know Him more everyday. God practically brought me out of the religious system and gave me Life through my suffering. My love and service to God is not for what I can get but for ALL He has done, ALL that He's doing and ALL that He's going to do in me and through me. All my problems have shrinked into thin air as I focus and draw closer to Christ daily.
My brother, get to know Christ, what He wants from you isn't religion but your heart. Let Him have your heart then your soul(mind, emotions and will) will be transformed as you give up all your struggles to follow Him daily.

2 Likes

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
I have had nagging questions about christianity that can't be answered. It's better to let it be and live my life for the sake of my sanity.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
frosbel2:

Join the club young man.

I was a dedicated believer for about 20 years , almost lost my life ( not taking drugs ), had the same nightmares you had and even worse, became paranoid about sin, judged anyone who did not fit into the stereotypical picture of a born again ‘holier than thou’ believer , and almost ruined the relationship with my father who did all he could to get me out the cult I joined.

I still believe in God, but I also believe we have been imbued with everything we need for success and to overcome challenges in this transient life. We are to use our gifts, intelligence, energy and creativity to go out there and do great and greater things.

Christianity is a FARCE, an imported religion that has destroyed many minds, turned our society upside down and thrown us back to the stone age. Kind of like Islam. No difference. Christianity has astounding promises which if you research further are all FAKE including the big empty boasts it makes that border on the delusional.

Love your article.

Thanks mate @ the bolded.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
databoy247:

THE REBIRTH

Congratulations on freeing yourself from a self imposed imprisonment. Make the best of it and good luck!
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2020
LordReed:

Congratulations on freeing yourself from a self imposed imprisonment. Make the best of it and good luck!
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by LeopardX: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
I think your challenges were unique to you because you were just a mere fanatic.
It has nothing to do with the fact that you're a Christian.

I'm one. I'm not broke. I'm employed.These days I'm trying to venture into business, or at least to learn a programming skill and later become a farmer. This year hopefully, I will achieve all.

If I fall sick, my pastor is never aware, I dey go hospital go treat am sharply.

I'm an irregular tithe payer. I've not even paid any tithe this year sef. Wetin concern me? I don't go for evangelism. I was born a Christian so I feel only people who converted to Christianity should preach the gospel, because I no sabi anything! Did I say I'm even part time church goer? I go to church any day and anytime I like!

If you think your life is hard because you're a Christian, then maybe you need to look around. You'll find other Christians like you who are balling even in the same church.

Life is hard (or easy) because of the choices we make. I don't deny there may be some toxic religious indoctrination here and there, but shey you no get sense yourself?

You get kidney stones and you dey drink holy water!

People dey suffer. People dey enjoy.
E no matter whether dem dey go church or not.

56% of billionaires in the world today are Christians. More than 90% say they believe in God. This is according to Forbes.

Any which way, na minority una dey. Nothing spoil.

Though I'm hoping you'll find your way back and that you'll become less fanatic, cuz that was your problem in the first place.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by hupernikao: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
databoy247:

Good evening.
I carefully read your post and I must say, it's detailed enough. To me, it doesn't only show your current perception of life and Christianity but also depict the general challenges that transcend over among those who find themselves in your state.

The truth is, man is a product of knowledge and what you are exposed to if not well examined, you will be a candidate of irreparable error.

Consider your view, your experience, your belief system in Christianity as above, it will be a generalisation and also an assumption that what you experience or was taught is truly Christiany.

Not all things taught using the bible can be taken as truth or God's word. Men can wrestle the word for personal gains, some out of ignorance. But Truth of the word will mean, rightly dividing the scriptures without addition, that is, right interpretation of the scriptures not emotions or human experiences but to let the scriptures interpret itself. Hence, the reason for proper studying of the scriptures and proper teaching.

Note this, a scripture or verse wrongly interpreted or taught is enough to cause eternal damage to a man's believe system either for or against Christ.

Why am I saying this.

Looking at all you posit earlier, it's obvious though you may not agree with it, that you have been given or taught wrongly in most cases. The knowledge of the scriptures presented to you were mixed up with many wrongs. Infact all criteria you mentioned above to judge your life in Christ are vains and have no bearing in the scriptures. I am truly sorry to have said that.

The truth is, wrong teaching will produce wrong believing ,wrong believing will produce wrong actions, hence wrong expectations. This is where many find themselves and end up getting discourage.

Almost 100% of what you presented above are men's doctrine not the scriptures. And that has already sharpened how you perceive God and Christ.

But I am convinced, If you truly have seen the light of the word before, a partaker of the spirit of life, I truly believe in your search for knowledge and quest of answers, your steps will be kept aright within the boundary of His love and you will see the true light, Christ Jesus even as you are known of him.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by hupernikao: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
frosbel2:

Join the club young man.

Love your article.

Length of years with either a wrong heart or a wrong system of truth count for nothing.

It's like reading a medic book plus carrying a stethoscope around your neck with syringe in your hands for 40years, it doesn't make you a qualified doctor except you receive the right teaching, training with the right heart.

It means you can read the bible for 30years, be called pastor for 20 years, live in church for another 10 years and still know nothing about Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2020
hupernikao:

Length of years with either a wrong heart or a wrong system of truth count for nothing.

It's like reading a medic book plus carrying a stethoscope around your neck with syringe in your hands for 40years, it doesn't make you a qualified doctor except you receive the right teaching, training with the right heart.

It means you can read the bible for 30years, be called pastor for 20 years, live in church for another 10 years and still know nothing about Christ.

Oh yes, 100% of all those who left the 'faith' were not of the 'faith' , for if they were of the 'faith', they would have remained in the 'faith', LOL.

Oh please.....
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by hupernikao: 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
frosbel2:

Oh yes, 100% of all those who left the 'faith' were not of the 'faith' , for if they were of the 'faith', they would have remained in the 'faith', LOL.

Oh please.....

I will drop this again, as it seems you are yet to read it looking at your response.

The essence of the saying above, is that you should desist in using your years of attendance in church as a yardstick for spirituality.
Even if you claim to have pastor a million believers, that is not synonymous to spiritual growth in the scriptures, "Right knowledge bears right application, right believing".

Maturity is always visible and can be tested. One basic litmus test of such is when your utterances are examined. Even in the natural, a child thinks, speaks and acts differently from a well trained grown up man. Hence, it is an "age fallacy" argument to assume that your 20 years in church count for spirituality.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2020
hupernikao:

I will drop this again, as it seems you are yet to read it looking at your response.

The essence of the saying above, is that you should desist in using your years of attendance in church as a yardstick for spirituality.
Even if you claim to have pastor a million believers, that is not synonymous to spiritual growth in the scriptures, "Right knowledge bears right application, right believing".

Maturity is always visible and can be tested. One basic litmus test of such is when your utterances are examined. Even in the natural, a child thinks, speaks and acts differently from a well trained grown up man. Hence, it is an "age fallacy" argument to assume that your 20 years in church count for spirituality.

I understand your point but I believe it is still far from my own perception of the holistic overview of Christianity. Trust me, I have gone extreme in Christianity. I have done all I could to rise above mere physical understanding of it all even to the extent of no longer relying on doctrines preached by pastors. I have seemingly been baptized by the Holy Spirit and grew to the point where I was able to decipher the difference between Christianity and religion - if there is actually something like that.

In this case, I am not trying to prove or back the claim that there is a big difference between extreme spirituality and mere physical understanding of doctrines. Christian growth has different meanings to different people. I am not and will not dispute what it means to you.

My point is despite all I have been taught, all I have learned on my own, all the extreme lengths I went to get an understanding, the steps I took to get closer to God after having studied the bible day and night in my own Holy spirit-led way, I have realized that nothing beats reality.

Let's not look back at how my life was when I was a decent christain. Let's look at my life is now that I have stopped going to church and stopped praying.

I no longer have the need to sow seeds or pray to get what I want. I just work hard towards it and I'll get it.

I got married to the perfect woman for me without seeking the face of God first or praying hard for it. I knew what I wanted in a woman, I searched for her, found her and married her. And I have been VERY happy since. No prayers involved whatsoever.

I have a decent business that provides and caters to my family. I am not very rich but I am not hungry and I have people I pay salaries monthly. I didn't seek the face of God first or prayed before delving into the business.

I have never paid tithe or sowed any seeds in 5 years and I have never experienced anything like a devourer. Apart from when my wife gave birth, We have never spent a night in the hospital. My son is whole and hearty.

I stopped believing that witches and wizards exist and I have had tremendous peace at night while I sleep. I hear the howlings of an owl and I do not get disturbed that a witch is outside my window.

This seemingly "perfect" life I am living isn't supposed to be. It goes against every teaching in the Bible and in church. I am supposed to pray, fast, be holy, not forsake the gathering of the saints, and study the word of God day and night so I can have success (I am having success without studying the Bible). But here I am not doing all of that and yet my life hasn't evaporated into thin air. I don't pay tithe or pay offerings and yet no Cankerworm has come near me. I don't fight spiritual warfares and yet no demons have attacked me.

This begs the question... Is it all a lie?

Now my present reality is what I have listed above (and lots of others I didn't list). No prayers, no Christianity, no church activities, no spirituality, no holiness, etc. Just me deciding to live my life according to the best of my ability.

In my present reality, I haven't been a Christian but my life is good. I kind of enjoy living without the shackles of Christianity. I have freed myself of beliefs and extremisms which I believe are very stressful.

These don't mean I don't do what is right. I do not cheat people, I have become friends with everyone and no longer discriminate against anyone. I give to the needy, I buy stuff for people that needs them and I encourage my spouse to do the same also even when we are not buoyant. The appreciation we get is satisfying.

In all, I have lived my life as a dedicated Christian and now I am living as a non-christain. It might not appeal to you, but from my perception, the difference is clear.

2 Likes

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by dangotesmummy: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
Give your life back to Christ
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Give your life back to Christ
No need replying you.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by spartan117(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2020
@databoy247 what you practiced was a religion. Christianity without a relationship with God is just another religion no different from Islam, Buddhism etc.

Christianity is the life of God in a man. anything short of this is ordinary religion and will lead to frustration as we saw in your case.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by hupernikao: 11:58pm On Mar 21, 2020
databoy247:

I understand your point but I believe it is still far from my own perception of the holistic overview of Christianity. Trust me, I have gone extreme in Christianity. I have done all I could to rise above mere physical understanding of it all even to the extent of no longer relying on doctrines preached by pastors. I have seemingly been baptized by the Holy Spirit and grew to the point where I was able to decipher the difference between Christianity and religion - if there is actually something like that.

In this case, I am not trying to prove or back the claim that there is a big difference between extreme spirituality and mere physical understanding of doctrines. Christian growth has different meanings to different people. I am not and will not dispute what it means to you.

My point is despite all I have been taught, all I have learned on my own, all the extreme lengths I went to get an understanding, the steps I took to get closer to God after having studied the bible day and night in my own Holy spirit-led way, I have realized that nothing beats reality.

Let's not look back at how my life was when I was a decent christain. Let's look at my life is now that I have stopped going to church and stopped praying.

I no longer have the need to sow seeds or pray to get what I want. I just work hard towards it and I'll get it.

I got married to the perfect woman for me without seeking the face of God first or praying hard for it. I knew what I wanted in a woman, I searched for her, found her and married her. And I have been VERY happy since. No prayers involved whatsoever.

I have a decent business that provides and caters to my family. I am not very rich but I am not hungry and I have people I pay salaries monthly. I didn't seek the face of God first or prayed before delving into the business.

I have never paid tithe or sowed any seeds in 5 years and I have never experienced anything like a devourer. Apart from when my wife gave birth, We have never spent a night in the hospital. My son is whole and hearty.

I stopped believing that witches and wizards exist and I have had tremendous peace at night while I sleep. I hear the howlings of an owl and I do not get disturbed that a witch is outside my window.

This seemingly "perfect" life I am living isn't supposed to be. It goes against every teaching in the Bible and in church. I am supposed to pray, fast, be holy, not forsake the gathering of the saints, and study the word of God day and night so I can have success (I am having success without studying the Bible). But here I am not doing all of that and yet my life hasn't evaporated into thin air. I don't pay tithe or pay offerings and yet no Cankerworm has come near me. I don't fight spiritual warfares and yet no demons have attacked me.

Now my present reality is what I have listed above (and lots of others I didn't list). No prayers, no Christianity, no church activities, no spirituality, no holiness, etc. Just me deciding to live my life according to the best of my ability.

In my present reality, I haven't been a Christian but my life is good. I kind of enjoy living without the shackles of Christianity. I have freed myself of beliefs and extremisms which I believe are very stressful.

These don't mean I don't do what is right. I do not cheat people, I have become friends with everyone and no longer discriminate against anyone. I give to the needy, I buy stuff for people that needs them and I encourage my spouse to do the same also even when we are not buoyant. The appreciation we get is satisfying.

In all, I have lived my life as a dedicated Christian and now I am living as a non-christain. It might not appeal to you, but from my perception, the difference is clear.

Bro, the sad truth is everything you listed up there are never taught in the scriptures the way you explained them. The reason your expectations were not met. It is obvious that you were given a gospel of materialism and you embraced it because of your own desires too. You were promised a good and successful career as you serve Jesus. A very big deception from another gospel. Even Jesus said in this life you will be hated and persecuted. Lol.

You were not presented the gospel of Christ going by all you listed above. They are all man-made twisting of the scriptures. But the truth is you believed it because of your own strange desires too, to "blow in life". The Bible never promised such, bible never play down the place of hardworking to survive, to live.

For example, Paul said, let him that steal, steal no more but to work with his had.....

Paul's remedy was hardwork, he didn't say let him pray to have food. Prayer has its place, prayers is mostly service, not for inordinate desire. But you have prayed, fasted and do many things in ignorance of the word.

See, when the foundation is wrong, the building will not hold. A wrong teaching or preaching, will produce wrong, believing and wrong believing will produce wrong thinking and expectations, then wrong thinking will produce wrong actions and experiences.

Everything you claim to do now, they are exactly what the scriptures taught, but you chose to leave those things because you embrace a quick fix like Pay in church to be "bless" or receive 100 folds like nairabet. You embraced it, because you desire fastlane too. You can only be tempted with what your desire. Bro, your desires were wrong all through even in the "holyghost led study" you mentioned. Hence, you are part of the cause of your challenges but remove Christ from it. His word are there for you to read.

I wouldn't be able to touch one by one all so-called Christian virtues or expectations you raised up there, but I can boldly tell you, you missed it all from the beginning.

Hence don't judge the scriptures with your experience, or someone experiences. You must test all experiences with the scriptures and hold to that which is true.

In conclusion, know this
- God is not a money doubler
- He doesn't eat seeds
- He doesn't have a devourer nor use one
- He doesnt choose a wife for you or are you Adam?, nor
- does he choose business or career for you.

Sure, godly wisdom is required, leading will come handy in all these, but none of this is central to God's purpose or will on earth. People marry well without Christ, many are rich without even knowing him or wait for him to double seed, many are best in their career and yet accursed Christ. These are common to man.

I will leave you with this:
Salvation is well defined and it presents to you the mind of God in Christ for man.

And very basic test of the gift of God (salvation) is that...
Anything Man can achieve by himself without the help of Christ or holyghost is not part of Salvation.
Therefore it won't be strange to see all you listed above being achieved by unbelievers.
....but in Salvation, Christ died and glorified, man redeemed, forgiven and reconciled, now in Christ, received God's love, God's light and God's life.

1 Like

Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by UceeGod: 12:29am On Mar 22, 2020
databoy247:

You have never experienced Christ because you've never TRULY known Him. Your "Christianity" was rooted on the wrong foundation (doing things to please God) so you couldn't have a relationship with God (based on His unconditional love expressed in Christ).
You believe all you have in life is because you've worked to achieve them on your own, may be the breath in you is your own doing also. I pray it doesn't get too late before you come to your right (God-given) senses.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 22, 2020
UceeGod:

You have never experienced Christ because you've never TRULY known Him. Your "Christianity" was rooted on the wrong foundation (doing things to please God) so you couldn't have a relationship with God (based on His unconditional love expressed in Christ).
You believe all you have in life is because you've worked to achieve them on your own, may be the breath in you is your own doing also. I pray it doesn't get too late before you come to your right (God-given) senses.

You are just another brainwashed minion of the Christianity myth. Do you know that the Muslims say the same thing ? So your statement is irrelevant. Fear tactics will not work.

He is doing better for himself and others since he left your cult. That’s all we need to know.
Re: The Charade, Myth, And Personal Perspective Of This Movement Called Christianity by databoy247(m): 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
frosbel2:

You are just another brainwashed minion of the Christianity myth. Do you know that the Muslims say the same thing ? So your statement is irrelevant. Fear tactics will not work.

He is doing better for himself and others since he left your cult. That’s all we need to know.
Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Do Muslims Pray “in The Name Of Muhammad”? / Why I Am Paying No Attention To The COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories / A Nairalander Saw This While Praying Concerning Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.