Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You (53021 Views)

Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports / Ronaldo: If Man Utd Doesn't Win The Premier League, I Want Arsenal To Win It / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ddippset(m): 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Dpaulie:
The biggest myth in football is that messi is more "natural" than Ronaldo..at the age of 11 messi was diagnosed with deficiency in growth hormone and stop growing at 4'8". When he signed for Barcelona fc at the age of 13, they offered to pay for his daily treatment and he ultimately grew to 5'7". Taking drugs to become a professional is not NATURAL
Have you watched Messi's video clips from 6 years to 13 years?

If you have you would never spit this nonsense you are talking..

Even Ronaldo at 25 can't do what Messi did at 12.

4 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by FLYFIRE(m): 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
oldtruth:

Although I don't like football that much but this is my own take on this.

Ronaldo is a warrior forget every other thing. It is just like a general that has conquered many Nations being compared to a general that only conquered a nation.

Put sentiment aside, Ronaldo is not Messi's mate in anything. You think it's easy to be a good player in almost all the top leagues. Give it to the guy

Like u rightly state,.... U DNT watch football....

So keep quiet

3 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Jokerman(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Champion of Eirope
Champion of England
Champion of Spain
Champion of Italy grin

Some people are just champion of Spain alone grin

7 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kendroid:

Well, I don't usually answer questions regarding these legends but let me just do it today...

against Ajax, Ronaldo scored home and away. it's worthy to note that only Ronaldo scored for Juve throughout the knockout stages of CL last season including a man of the match winning hatrick against ATM in the round of 16.

Last World Cup, Ronaldo scored 90% of of his country's goals and couldn't score against Uruguay unlike Ur dwarf GOAT who couldn't put a penalty past a film director and ended up scoring against a weak Nigeria while he was also a spectator when a 19yr Mbappe shamefully dumped his country out of the tournament.

unlike ur dwarf GOAT the king of bottler himself lost CL knockout stages after a comfortable win in the 1st leg on 3 different occasions.
Not like he even scored in a CL knockout stage in 4 years in a row until last season.
I don't wantu even mention his misery all the he has successfully achieved with his country.
just shut up and enjoy the 2 legends!

Without Epistle who s the only player to have 6 world best??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5.

Oga calm down and accept a truth spoken from the mouth of a more neutral figure (Diego Simeone).
The report is not any "RONALDO FAN'S FAKE QUOTE" I mean Simeone Literally said those words and even More(I wonder why the op only uploaded just a few of his remarks about Ronaldo and Messi). He even went ahead to say he feels so much relief knowing he won't face a Ronaldo led Madrid on Sunday (Like it would have been if Ronaldo hadn't left for Juventus)
No matter how a Messi fan you are, you no dislike Ronaldo pass this Man considering all what he has suffered under Ronaldo both during his Madrid days and now in Juventus(champions league games especially). This man has for years Played against Ronaldo and Messi in Local league games and Champions league games as well. So for me his judgement is very pragmatic and true and Soo unbiased as well.
I mean someone who has played against both players for several years and based on historical experiences has every reason to hate Ronaldo with passion saying these tells of his judgement being highly Empirical, and DEVOID OF BIAS unlike anything you will say from of your #MESSIFAN biased mind.
So calm down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Jokerman:
Champion of Eirope
Champion of England
Champion of Spain
Champion of Italy grin

Some people are just champion of Spain alone grin

Who s d winner of 6 world best[center][/center]

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ddippset(m): 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Someone has got a personal likeness for Ronaldo that is why he always says this.

Simone always says he loves aggressive and rebellions players.
Messi is obviously too coll for his likenesses.

Wenger, Pele, Hazard, Mbappe, Van Dijk have all given their own preferences.

Where was Ronaldo singlehandedly against Ajax?
Where was Ronaldo singlehandedly against Lazio?
Where was Ronaldo when Athletico beat them 4-0?
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Kendroid: 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Without Epistle who s the only player to have 6 world best??
Messi

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Reussite: 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Okurrr o! grin
I honestly do not blame Someone for the accolades on CR7, dude has seen hell in the hands of that man.
If my memory serves me right Ronaldo has scored more goals against them than Messi.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by uzoma213(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

two international trophies would always be better than no international trophy and a fake retirement wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Lugianostar(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Who was comparing them before?
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by FLYFIRE(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
This is what Simeome said about Messi, NOT the FAKE news from people that present FAKE cup to a FAILED footballer looking for where to shine.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DlmHhVk7ZfnA&ved=2ahUKEwjxs-Ot1P7mAhVbSEEAHamxAO8QjjgwAnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw222tG9v0wFWYGSOjSwF1YD
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Samphoenix1: 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Really? We can shake this table together. Where was CR7 when Messi led Barca to UCL titles in 2008, 2011 and 2015? Unlike CR7's route to those UCL titles where he avoided Messi, Messi faced, scored and dispatched CR7's team twice on the way to winning two of those titles. So you know who is really the boss.

You talk as if the UCL started in 2014. No sir.

YOU ARE A MF AND A CAPITAL QUANTUM I.D.I.O.T.U
Ronaldo single handedly gave Madrid 3 of the champions league they won during his time there so SHUT THE HELL UP!
the man single handedly gave Portugal their major trophy so SHUT YOUR PILE HOLE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Kendollar696(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fans always hurting themselves with silly argument. Why not compliments both as good players. must you always measure up. even in movie the will ask BTW Rambo and Commando, who will beat each other. like who the hell cares?? Enjoy what they do and move on..
I enjoy both of them play... although Messi likes the together force, mean while Cr7 likes the one man force..

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by aminusodiq(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

gbe nu eee soun
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by dapadawee: 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

all this story because of Messi God why?
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by zeusdgrt(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Hate n die...lol
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Kaymaxine(m): 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
The last thing I would do this year is get involved in abstract and empty arguments...that won't gimme shingbain!!!
I'll prefer to watch SpongeBob SquarePants with my son!!!

4 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Cuntface: 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Cry baby. Simeone actually said that, and it's the truth
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by uzoma213(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
charlesm91:
Simeone actually said that last year but not in the exact context put herebut still yea his alliance is to Messi in the end he said. Also 2 intl trophies greater 0
correct somebody
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Iran will hire CR7 now
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Genghis Ronaldo anytime any day... Thrice on a weekend ...
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Buikechukwu35(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Afam4eva:
Diego Simeone would never say that. He's a Messi fan. Ronaldo fanboys just keep pulling silly quotes from their asses to justify their choice.

MESSI remains the GOAT in every ramification.
you're there,
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Starz825(m): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Messi plays better football than Ronaldo obviously...but Ronaldo is obviously greater than Messi...
Only person with sense go fit understand my statement grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by uzoma213(m): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Short people are better footballers...

Eg.. Messi, maradona, Pele...

Ronaldo shud carry his warriority to IRAN
short people are just better dribblers
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
Reussite:
Okurrr o! grin
I honestly do not blame Someone for the accolades on CR7, dude has seen hell in the hands of that man.
If my memory serves me right Ronaldo has scored more goals against them than Messi.

Still on memory lane.......

Cr7 was beaten by Messi wonderfully in UCL final 2009& 2011....... And Messi HV better Head to head against cr7
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ojaysam25(m): 7:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
after ronaldo singlehandedly destroy his team last season as well as scoring 5 hat trick against them,it is understandable why he fear Ronaldo more than messi
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ddippset(m): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
uzoma213:
two international trophies would always be better than no international trophy and a fake retirement wink
6 ballon dors would always be better than 5 ballon dors.

A FIFA World Cup Golden ball would always be better than No Golden Ball.

A Copa America Golden Ball would always be better than No Euro Golden Ball.

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
Samphoenix1:

YOU ARE A MF AND A CAPITAL QUANTUM I.D.I.O.T.U
Ronaldo single handedly gave Madrid 3 of the champions league they won during his time there so SHUT THE HELL UP!
the man single handedly gave Portugal their major trophy so SHUT YOUR PILE HOLE

He shud single-handedly win Juventus d UCL naaa

Or single handedly outscore Ciro Immobile in serie a.....

Imagine he has never top the Goal scoring chart in serie A for 1 month,.... Since entering d league .... Almost 2 seasons noww...... Even Lukaku HV top before, and he Kam just dis season.....
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Starz825(m): 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
ddippset:
Someone has got a personal likeness for Ronaldo that is why he always says this.

Simone always says he loves aggressive and rebellions players.
Messi is obviously too coll for his likenesses.

Wenger, Pele, Hazard, Mbappe, Van Dijk have all given their own preferences.

Where was Ronaldo singlehandedly against Ajax?
Where was Ronaldo singlehandedly against Lazio?
Where was Ronaldo when Athletico beat them 4-0?
Take a look at yourself... how many times has Ronaldo played ajax and Lazio? So if he isn't doing well against the now..he will surely do next time
As for atletico Madrid Ronaldo has been a torn in the flesh for them...alwAys scoring hatrick against them...
Not surprised Simeon made the statement Abt Ronaldo being better than Messi...
He said a similar thing during 2014 world cup comparing Ronaldo to deigo maradona on the basis of salvaging your team in difficult situations..esp in a bigger competition... Ronaldo is doing far better Messi in his country side...

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Asour: 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kendroid:

Well, I don't usually answer questions regarding these legends but let me just do it today...

against Ajax, Ronaldo scored home and away. it's worthy to note that only Ronaldo scored for Juve throughout the knockout stages of CL last season including a man of the match winning hatrick against ATM in the round of 16.

Last World Cup, Ronaldo scored 90% of of his country's goals including a man of the match hatrick against the defending champions Spain, and yes he couldn't score against Uruguay because he was man marked unlike Ur dwarf GOAT who couldn't put a penalty past a film director goal keeper of Iceland and ended up scoring once against a weak Nigeria while he was also a spectator when a 19yr Mbappe shamefully dumped his country out of the tournament.

unlike ur dwarf GOAT the king of bottler himself lost CL knockout stages after a comfortable win in the 1st leg on 3 different occasions.
Not like he even scored in a CL knockout stage in 4 years in a row until last season.
I don't wantu even mention his misery all the he has successfully achieved with his country.
just shut up and enjoy the 2 legends!

You made a few mistakes though. You probably should be a little less exaggerating.

Messi has score at least a goal in the last 4 years knock out stages of the UCL. Knockout is NOT just Semi finals, Quarters and finals. It also includes Round of 16s.

Messi wasn't quite a spectator in the France /Argentina game. Even though he had a poor World cup, He contributed to 2 goals in that game alone. 4-3 is hardly a "shameful dumping" for a match.

I should also add that that was the only match in the World cup where France had to come from behind to win at any point from all games in the World cup— As poor as Argentina was.

Barca hasn't lost a comfortable win in the UCL 3 Consecutive times. You are stretching it a bit, it's actually 2. Against Roma and Liverpool. 3 years ago they didn't win any of the matches against Juventus.

These guys are great players. if you want to pick a chink on their armour you wouldn't want to do so hastily as YOU may end up being the joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring / Nigeria. Vs. Lesotho: FIFA 2026 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 16th Nov 2023 / Jay-Jay Okocha And Lionel Messi Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.