Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You (52975 Views)

Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports / Ronaldo: If Man Utd Doesn't Win The Premier League, I Want Arsenal To Win It / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 2:23am On Jan 13, 2020
osazsky:
Real Madrid has won d champions league 7 times before Ronald came,real was d biggest club in d world and Spain,but Barca only won it once before messi came, and he has really done alot for small Barca then,Madrid was already big before Ronaldo came,Barca was small before messi came,and always 2nd to real,,,,juve has won the league 12 times consecutively before Ronaldo came, man u has won d league 16 times before Ronaldo came, next year ronsldo will go to PSG, win d French league and people will start shouting next 2 years he will go to Bayern win d league with Bayern and people will start calling him a white goat
Get your facts right oga Ade, FC Barcelona won the UCL with little or no input from Leo in 2006. Small barca my foot, you're referring to a team that has Ronaldinho, Etoo, Deco and so on, as small.

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 2:26am On Jan 13, 2020
osazsky:
Ferguson is a caward and the worst coach in d history of football pampered by d press and man u,how can u remain in pry 6 for 73 years
You're delusional bro, he's one of the greatest manager of the century
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 2:30am On Jan 13, 2020
Babaalajo:
messi only face Ronaldo once in champions league final and that was in 2008/2009 final and the previous season 2007/2008 semi final Ronaldos man u defeated Messi's Barcelona and went ahead to lift the trophy in Moscow,and again you can't compare a guy that won 4UCL in 5 seasons with a guy that won 3UCL in 7 seasons, Ronaldo is a legend in Portugal,man united, Real Madrid and juve currently while ur Messi can't win copa America that being played for every two years......
I bet Messi has participated in more Copa America than Ronaldo has in Euro, while Leo has nothing to show forth till now and we all know why. Cos he's only good at Camp nou but useless elsewhere!

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 2:33am On Jan 13, 2020
ThierryJay:

Messi scored two goals in the 2011 UCL semifinal against CR7 in R Madrid including a spectacular solo effort. Ronaldo has never won an international player of the tournament i.e golden ball meaning he was being carried by teammates. You know what? Messi has won at least two of that (Wcup and Copa america).

6 ballon d'ors is greater than 5. Remember that.
While Messi has never won an international competition. We are all familiar with the routine of you guys blaming his team mates at Argentina for his woes, while excluding him from his share of blames.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 2:34am On Jan 13, 2020
osazsky:
Ferguson is a caward and the worst coach in d history of football pampered by d press and man u,how can u remain in pry 6 for 73 years
Worst coach but greater than your team's best ever coach.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 2:36am On Jan 13, 2020
emmykk:

Messi is better than CR7 even Ronaldo is aware. the love for CR7 is because he is tall and handsome.

In the pitch of play messi is better.6 world best and will be next year world best too.until mppape come to Madrid
Back to back to back, Barca fans can only dream of Messi achieving that in his next life.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ThierryJay: 2:58am On Jan 13, 2020
Dybala11:

Oga you're lying, Messi only played against and won Ronaldo's team in 2009. So which other defeat are you referring to? Don't even compare the achievement of both players in the UCL at all, cos Ronaldo is miles ahead of Messi in the UCL, back to back to back no be moinmoin

Apologies, but please verify things before you call them lies, otherwise you become the liar. Messi did not only play against and win Ronaldo's team in 2009. HE ALSO PLAYED AGAINST REAL MADRID IN UCL SEMI-FINAL IN 2011 AND SCORED 2 SPECTACULAR GOALS AT THE BERNABEU TO SEND MADRID AND RONALDO CRASHING OUT OF THE COMPETITION! Please check it out on youtube if you are still unconvinced.

If you are ignorant of the above, then I shouldn't be arguing with someone with limited football knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dee04(m): 4:08am On Jan 13, 2020
babakb:

Bro don't lie here please, CR7 led Man Utd to UCL title in 2008

You mean when he didnt score his own penalty in the shootout?
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Ohraybs(m): 4:46am On Jan 13, 2020
babakb:

Where was Messi when Cr7 led Madrid to 3 consecutive UCL titles

Did you just say Ronaldo led Real Madrid alone or it was a collection thing... Alaye, forget what you just say, Ronaldo didn't do it all alone at all, if it were to be him alone then we should see him alone on the pitch.
One thing I love Messi above Ronaldo is that,he always mention his teammates in all his talks and never talk down on anybody, even though we all know that he has alwys been the highest goalscorer, highest assist and so on in Barcelona.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Thurmieee: 4:52am On Jan 13, 2020
ThierryJay:

Really? We can shake this table together. Where was CR7 when Messi led Barca to UCL titles in 2008, 2011 and 2015? Unlike CR7's route to those UCL titles where he avoided Messi, Messi faced, scored and dispatched CR7's team twice on the way to winning two of those titles. So you know who is really the boss.

You talk as if the UCL started in 2014. No sir.
this guy ma fool. we're talking about the greatest goal scorer in all of Europe..... international and local u dey talk 2015 champions League is back to back to back the same as 2 in 3 years. oga sit down.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by seunspice(m): 6:36am On Jan 13, 2020
Messi is definitely the most talented player the world has ever seen. With his low centre of gravity that kid is dynamite but greatest player the world has ever seen.... NOT AT ALL.

Whenever Messi wins something with Argentina or let's say outside a Barca shirt we can then start that discuss. Any player that cannot adapt to other teams and have the same impact can't be the greatest at least for now. Argentina has changed coaches like underwears to bring out the best in messi, changed format severally to suit him yet its just final appearances we are getting no title. Compare that to someone winning titles and setting personal records across teams in England, Spain and now Italy and still the most potent force for Portugal with Stats thàt aren't rivaled and you would know that though he isn't the most skilled, Cristiano Rinaldo is the greatest footballer of all time.

Should Ronaldo play for Barca today, they will hail him better than Messi but even God won't let that happen because Barca would need to play against 15men all the time.... Lol
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by kayprinz(m): 6:55am On Jan 13, 2020
make messi leave barca let see if he go still be the best in the world...messi is so scared of change
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 13, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5.
nairaland is a big joke. Simeone will never say that
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by chiboy1116: 7:30am On Jan 13, 2020
Fske
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by BTCog: 8:11am On Jan 13, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5.
Simeone made that quote when Athletico and Juventus were squaring up in the championship Group stage
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by sylve11: 8:29am On Jan 13, 2020
babakb:

Bro don't lie here please, CR7 led Man Utd to UCL title in 2008

you don hold that guy for prick. shocked shocked grin grin cool
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Pathfynder: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2020
babakb:

Where was Messi when Cr7 led Madrid to 3 consecutive UCL titles
I

My broda... U get mouth Abeg!!
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by reachbenny(m): 8:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Make una help me beg Messi to leave Barcelona.

A real STAR shines everywhere he or she goes.

Ronaldo has done that. Let Messi try it.

CR7 is it!
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Ryocaj(m): 9:45am On Jan 13, 2020
ThierryJay:

I stand by my argument, so because Sheffield Utd is in the top seven of the EPL table does that take away the fact that they are a bottom tier team? Like Sheffield like Cagliari.

So u see, the joke is on you bro.
At d moment they r not a rock bottom team.. Both teams are strong currently.. United, Arsenal, Chelsea couldn't beat Sheffield.. Cagliari has some top players like Radja Nainggolan, Mark Rog, Nahitan Nandez, Valter Birsa, Joao Pedro, even former Liverpool player Ragner Klavan...
Leicester was a bottom team.. had a good season.. they were too strong for everyone n they won d league..I am a Milan fan n I watch Serie A regularly.. Cagliari is just like Sheffield but a little more tactical n a bit better..
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Obdk: 10:50am On Jan 13, 2020
eni4real:
John Terry slip tho!!! Miss penalty+John Terry slip= UCL best player!!! grin
grow up
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Zoroaster: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2020
Thurmieee:

this guy ma fool. we're talking about the greatest goal scorer in all of Europe..... international and local u dey talk 2015 champions League is back to back to back the same as 2 in 3 years. oga sit down.
The thing is that messi is actually a better goal scorer too..
Compare their goal ratio grin
Messi trumps ronaldo in almost every relevant statistics
Messi has the highest amount of goals and assists this past decade
He's miles ahead of ronaldo
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by maik99(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
charlesm91:
Simeone actually said that last year but not in the exact context put herebut still yea his alliance is to Messi in the end he said. Also 2 intl trophies greater 0

Which one is thé second? Nations league wey Fifa no recognise? grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by uzoma213(m): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
ddippset:
So if you are a footballer and you are asked to choose A or B

A. Copa America ( Not World Cup)

B. 6 Ballon dors
1 World Cup Golden Ball
1 Copa America Golden Ball

You mean you will choose Copa America?

Lie keee you dia..

Copa America or Euros Cup is not World Cup.
they are still international trophies and Messi would definitely trade his two golden balls for them
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
Obdk:
grow up
Bring fertilizer tongue
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ddippset(m): 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
uzoma213:
they are still international trophies and Messi would definitely trade his two golden balls for them
Common use your sense.

It is only natural for one to aspire and yearn for the thing he has not won.

If I was a footballer with 6 ballon dors, the next thing I would yearn for is other things I have not won.

Use yourself as example.

Let's assume you started playing football today. Which will you choose?

6 Ballon dors and 1 a World Cup Golden ball

Or

1 Afcon cup.

Oya choose.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by seangy4konji: 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
If dem born messi well make he even leave Barcelona na

DAT midget.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Teymanhenry(f): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
any unbiased person will not compare Messi with Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a great footballer, but Messi is a god among men. He plays like he is in a video game... Anyhow sha, Ronaldo till I die
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by charlesm91(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
maik99:

Which one is thé second? Nations league wey Fifa no recognise? grin
just as fifa no recognize Olympics grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by osazsky(m): 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Dybala11:

Worst coach but greater than your team's best ever coach.
but he coached only one club for 73years na,then u have no moral right to judge messi for remaining in one club what is good for d goose is good for the ganger
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by osazsky(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
seangy4konji:
If dem born messi well make he even leave Barcelona na

DAT midget.
tell fergie to comeout from retirement and coach another club maybe spurs dat guy was d greatest caward I have ever seen in my life, how can u coach only one club for 73 years spits
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Americanboy35: 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
Though i am Barcelona fan, but i believe if ronaldo were to be in that barca team that lost to Liverpool in last UCL, barca would not lose that match that day like that grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Oga calm down and accept a truth spoken from the mouth of a more neutral figure (Diego Simeone).
The report is not any "RONALDO FAN'S FAKE QUOTE" I mean Simeone Literally said those words and even More(I wonder why the op only uploaded just a few of his remarks about Ronaldo and Messi). He even went ahead to say he feels so much relief knowing he won't face a Ronaldo led Madrid on Sunday (Like it would have been if Ronaldo hadn't left for Juventus)
No matter how a Messi fan you are, you no dislike Ronaldo pass this Man considering all what he has suffered under Ronaldo both during his Madrid days and now in Juventus(champions league games especially). This man has for years Played against Ronaldo and Messi in Local league games and Champions league games as well. So for me his judgement is very pragmatic and true and Soo unbiased as well.
I mean someone who has played against both players for several years and based on historical experiences has every reason to hate Ronaldo with passion saying these tells of his judgement being highly Empirical, and DEVOID OF BIAS unlike anything you will say from of your #MESSIFAN biased mind.
So calm down.

You have the right to your opinion but this quote is fake, stop spreading lies.

You said Simeone literally said it, can you post a video of that? Or at least an article from a reputable site like skysports or BBC. Surely Simeone can't make such a statement and the only evidence would be fan boy pages on twitter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JayJay Okocha, Alex Iwobi, His Father And Mother In UK / Samuel Kalu Who Had A Heart Attack At The Hospital (Photos) / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League ‘Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.