Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You (52971 Views)

Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports / Ronaldo: If Man Utd Doesn't Win The Premier League, I Want Arsenal To Win It / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by seunspice(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2020
jstbeinhonest:

You have the right to your opinion but this quote is fake, stop spreading lies.

You said Simeone literally said it, can you post a video of that? Or at least an article from a reputable site like skysports or BBC. Surely Simeone can't make such a statement and the only evidence would be fan boy pages on twitter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/05/10/5cd5cd38ca47417c3b8b4577.html

That's your response. Simeone made the statement on this thread at the last world cup. It was a private conversation he heard which was leaked. Amidst uproar from Argentines he made clarifications as indicated in the story on the link above. You can as well google the story yourself.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Samphoenix1: 8:58am On Jan 14, 2020
Expert17:

He shud single-handedly win Juventus d UCL naaa

Or single handedly outscore Ciro Immobile in serie a.....

Imagine he has never top the Goal scoring chart in serie A for 1 month,.... Since entering d league .... Almost 2 seasons noww...... Even Lukaku HV top before, and he Kam just dis season.....

you expect a 36yr old man to do that much?
let me tell you that both Lukaku and Ciro will never Achieve what Ronaldo has achieved neither will any of them reach his records.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by opascal74(m): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
michealoluwaseyi:
enough of these arguement abt messi and ronaldo ,for those who said messi 6 ballon dor his greater than ronaldos 5,am sure u knw dat ronaldo did not win all five with one club,he is the only player to hve won the ballondor frm the premier league ,now dat greatness,the only thing motivating messi right now is to keep breaking ronaldos record,because the truth is nobody is competing with messi in spain,on the issue of who is the goat among the duo,i like what messi has done for barcelona,but i appreciate what ronaldo has done for football,

This guy just said something beautiful.... The both of them are great players but what i hate is that Ronaldo is the most hated player i have ever seen, when he scores they hate,
He scores, they say its tapin,
He scores, they say its luck,
He scores penalty they call him penaldo... even Ibrahimovic fire shots at the guy several times and said he is an attribute of hardwork and not pure talent.... i swear Ibrahimovic sense dey for his long nose, you guys should always say the truth.... if ronaldo is an attribute of hardwork did the person making such statement watch ronaldo of sporting lisbon and manchester united? because he changed his style of play and he stop his entertaining football style makes him a less player?

Messi had the best players around him in his early days at barcelona. Likes of xavi and iniesta that took on any midfield they ever played on, ever since this players left barca the great barcelona have never been the same, though they are still one of the top clubs in europe... for me i think Messi is a fine player compare to Ronaldo but generally RONALDO is the best... lets go to their country side and lets look at the caliber of players that surrounds them and check what both of them has achieved... the reason people talk about messi being a flop if he leaves bercelona is because he has shown the world that aside barca he cant play if not he would have achieved with his homeland Argentina with all the better choices he got there.

Mind you they are both great but weda any of you likes it or not RONALDO is more inspiring than Messi, in my entire life i have never seen a player like Ronaldo.... He is my G.O.A.T i dont knw abt yours?

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
jstbeinhonest:

You have the right to your opinion but this quote is fake, stop spreading lies.

You said Simeone literally said it, can you post a video of that? Or at least an article from a reputable site like skysports or BBC. Surely Simeone can't make such a statement and the only evidence would be fan boy pages on twitter.

Lol! Wetin this one dey talk
Mtcheww! Oga go and read the news abeg.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Eggovic: 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Eggovic: 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
opascal74:

This guy just said something beautiful.... The both of them are great players but what i hate is that Ronaldo is the most hated player i have ever seen, when he scores they hate,
He scores, they say its tapin,
He scores, they say its luck,
He scores penalty they call him penaldo... even Ibrahimovic fire shots at the guy several times and said he is an attribute of hardwork and not pure talent.... i swear Ibrahimovic sense dey for his long nose, you guys should always say the truth.... if ronaldo is an attribute of hardwork did the person making such statement watch ronaldo of sporting lisbon and manchester united? because he changed his style of play and he stop his entertaining football style makes him a less player?

Messi had the best players around him in his early days at barcelona. Likes of xavi and iniesta that took on any midfield they ever played on, ever since this players left barca the great barcelona have never been the same, though they are still one of the top clubs in europe... for me i think Messi is a fine player compare to Ronaldo but generally RONALDO is the best... lets go to their country side and lets look at the caliber of players that surrounds them and check what both of them has achieved... the reason people talk about messi being a flop if he leaves bercelona is because he has shown the world that aside barca he cant play if not he would have achieved with his homeland Argentina with all the better choices he got there.

Mind you they are both great but weda any of you likes it or not RONALDO is more inspiring than Messi, in my entire life i have never seen a player like Ronaldo.... He is my G.O.A.T i dont knw abt yours?
I loved the way you ended it "Ronaldo is more inspiring than Messi."
However, Messi is the best footballer the world will ever see. I'm happy to be alive to experience this. Even Ronaldo knows that Messi is light years ahead of him. Cheers
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
osazsky:
but he coached only one club for 73years na,then u have no moral right to judge messi for remaining in one club what is good for d goose is good for the ganger
You're delusional Oga Ade, did I ever mention Fergie been the best or the greatest manager in football history. The two cases are not even related at all.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
Eggovic:
I loved the way you ended it "Ronaldo is more inspiring than Messi."
However, Messi is the best footballer the world will ever see. I'm happy to be alive to experience this. Even Ronaldo knows that Messi is light years ahead of him. Cheers
Don't deceive yourself bro, he's only Camp Nou's goat but a rat elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dybala11(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Eggovic:
crap
Of course, that record breaking achievement will always be crap to any Barca fan, cos it's a million to one odds against your little goat achieving such.

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:02am On Jan 23, 2020
seunspice:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/05/10/5cd5cd38ca47417c3b8b4577.html

That's your response. Simeone made the statement on this thread at the last world cup. It was a private conversation he heard which was leaked. Amidst uproar from Argentines he made clarifications as indicated in the story on the link above. You can as well google the story yourself.

You know what a quote/starement is right? That quote is fake. Everyone knows about the leaked whatsapp chat, he never said anything about 'war', even your link does not say any thing about Ronaldo winning anything for you. This was exactly what he said ;

Messi is very good, but he's very good because he's accompanied by fantastic players [at Barça]," Simeone told Burgos in the audio message. "If you had to choose between Messi and Ronaldo for an average team, who would you go for?"

He came out and admitted that he said so and that he felt Ronaldo would be better for a small team, because he can find a way on his own, but he believes Messi is a better player.

It even made Nairaland front page

https://www.nairaland.com/5181947/simeone-messi-plays-better-attacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVX4V1amCE

Then months later we begin to see the quote of 'If I want to go to war blah blah' from troll football and CR fan pages. Very soon y'all will say he called Ronaldo the goat in the audio message.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Beverlyjean(f): 7:15am On Jan 23, 2020
osazsky:
but he coached only one club for 73years na,then u have no moral right to judge messi for remaining in one club what is good for d goose is good for the ganger

Ferguson win titles with Aberdeen b4 joining man u ... Or do u think a great club like man u will just hire an inexperienced coach ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JayJay Okocha, Alex Iwobi, His Father And Mother In UK / Samuel Kalu Who Had A Heart Attack At The Hospital (Photos) / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League ‘Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.