Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You (53031 Views)

Diego Simeone to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season - Reports / Ronaldo: If Man Utd Doesn't Win The Premier League, I Want Arsenal To Win It / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by dononogate: 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ohimai5432:
see below
Ohimai5432:
see below
ThierryJay:

Really? We can shake this table together. Where was CR7 when Messi led Barca to UCL titles in 2008, 2011 and 2015? Unlike CR7's route to those UCL titles where he avoided Messi, Messi faced, scored and dispatched CR7's team twice on the way to winning two of those titles. So you know who is really the boss.

You talk as if the UCL started in 2014. No sir.
There's a difference between winning three UCL trophies at intervals and winning the same trophy three consecutive times!
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
oldtruth:

So funny, I even seems to know much than you. Don't forget this same guy played his best in Sporting. Understand and be guilded that Ronaldo is beyond mortal. Heard Sporting CP are even trying to name their stadium after Ronaldo.

Ronaldo played his best at sporting grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...

Wat abt man Utd and Madrid grin grin grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Stevechoko45: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Messi also won the title in 2006, so what's the point?

I did not lie, my reference was to the 3 UCL titles YOU mentioned. In the 2008 title run you mentioned, Messi bossed the Man utd team home and away such that Fergie was on his toes fidgeting while Messi ran rings around the Utd defence. CR7 was a nonentity in that tie and contrived to miss a penalty for man utd who had Paul Scholes to thank for his wonderful effort. So while Man utd won the tie due to their resolute defending, Messi's display was much better than CR7's by a mile.

You are even avoiding my main argument, which is that in the three times Messi has faced CR7 directly in the UCL, he made CR7 look average. Is that not the best pointer for assessing who's better?

Please he never took part in that 2006 UCL it was ronaldinho Eto and Guily no feed us trash
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by RexTramadol1: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
Nvc078:
Tall people are always better warriors than shorter people.

You clearly haven't seen Game of Thrones
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by michealoluwaseyi(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
enough of these arguement abt messi and ronaldo ,for those who said messi 6 ballon dor his greater than ronaldos 5,am sure u knw dat ronaldo did not win all five with one club,he is the only player to hve won the ballondor frm the premier league ,now dat greatness,the only thing motivating messi right now is to keep breaking ronaldos record,because the truth is nobody is competing with messi in spain,on the issue of who is the goat among the duo,i like what messi has done for barcelona,but i appreciate what ronaldo has done for football,

2 Likes

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Odani: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5.

Eyaaa u will be alrite grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by busysince1993(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
michealoluwaseyi:
enough of these arguement abt messi and ronaldo ,for those who said messi 6 ballon dor his greater than ronaldos 5,am sure u knw dat ronaldo did not win all five with one club,he is the only player to hve won the ballondor frm the premier league ,now dat greatness,the only thing motivating messi right now is to keep breaking ronaldos record,because the truth is nobody is competing with messi in spain,on the issue of who is the goat among the duo,i like what messi has done for barcelona,but i appreciate what ronaldo has done for football,
gbamsolutely
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by dononogate: 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ohimai5432:
see below
Ohimai5432:
see below
ThierryJay:

Really? We can shake this table together. Where was CR7 when Messi led Barca to UCL titles in 2008, 2011 and 2015? Unlike CR7's route to those UCL titles where he avoided Messi, Messi faced, scored and dispatched CR7's team twice on the way to winning two of those titles. So you know who is really the boss.

There's a difference between winning three UCL trophies at intervals and winning the the same trophy three consecutive times!
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Ronaldo played his best at sporting grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...

Wat abt man Utd and Madrid grin grin grin

So sorry for the lack of understanding. I mean he played good football and was also a top notch at Sporting.

Hope you comprehend now?

Thank you
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Expert17: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
oldtruth:

So sorry for the lack of understanding. I mean he played good football and was also a top notch at Sporting.

Hope you comprehend now?

Thank you

I should apologise for ur lack of Knowledge...... He played good football at Man United ......

Hope u gain knowledge soon
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Obdk: 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

CR7 won 2008 champions league with Manchester United
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by basty: 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
cassidy1996:
both of dem are good, i dont rate dem above each other. both of dem have lost and won matches

What a man are you in your God created judgemental mind. You will surely see God.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Markwelch55: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ronaldo is half foot of Messi.. Only fools says Ronaldo is better than messi

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Airhuncho(m): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
michealoluwaseyi:

Don't try to sound smart then f!ck everything up my dude....Its obvious u don't know Michael owen won the ballon d'or in 2001 playing for liverpool....U need to read up bruv, quit being ignorant.LOL! Then u entered clown mode with "messi is breaking ronaldo's record's", remind me who is playing catch up in the ballon d'or race again? Lol..The last bit of ur comment is pointless.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Obdk: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Messi also won the title in 2006, so what's the point?

I did not lie, my reference was to the 3 UCL titles YOU mentioned. In the 2008 title run you mentioned, Messi bossed the Man utd team home and away such that Fergie was on his toes fidgeting while Messi ran rings around the Utd defence. CR7 was a nonentity in that tie and contrived to miss a penalty for man utd who had Paul Scholes to thank for his wonderful effort. So while Man utd won the tie due to their resolute defending, Messi's display was much better than CR7's by a mile.

You are even avoiding my main argument, which is that in the three times Messi has faced CR7 directly in the UCL, he made CR7 look average. Is that not the best pointer for assessing who's better?

Oga stop foaming in d mouth. CR7 was best player in champions league and world. He was highest scorer 2008
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
michealoluwaseyi:

No John Terry slip, no Ballon d'or
No Perez, no Ballon d'or!!!

Ballon d'or taken quickly.. Modric!!!
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Obdk:

CR7 won 2008 champions league with Manchester United
John Terry slip cup grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Dav1d: 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Simeone would neva av said dis
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by TGMISKY(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
No problem Simeone. Take Ronaldo to Iran and tell him to shout 'God bless America'
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Obdk:

Oga stop foaming in d mouth. CR7 was best player in champions league and world. He was highest scorer 2008
John Terry slip tho!!!
Miss penalty+John Terry slip= UCL best player!!! grin
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by pongwa(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
So you wrote all these just to prove 6 is greater than 5. You should be arrested for wasting intellectual resources [q1uote author=ThierryJay post=85721019]Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

It can only be CR7 fans that can say he is now better than Messi using irrational logic. Just imagine, because he scored a mundane hattrick (2 tap -ins and penalty) against CAGLIARI, a relegation team, he is now better than Messi who was the best player on the pitch against Atletico madrid (scored two beautiful goals, dribbled the ATM players at will) for those that actually watched the match. How Can??

Where was CR7 in the war against Ajax last season, Barcelona over several seasons in La liga, Uruguay at World cup, even Lazio this season? Honestly, it's laughable the way CR7 fans like to turn logic on its head and delude themselves, or consolation is it?

6 will always be greater than 5. [/quote]
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fake war..

Fake Ronaldo fans

Ballon d'or taken quickly... Modric!!!

Messi is better than Ronaldo and Modric combined tho!!!

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ogahope(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

I hope you understand this word CONSECUTIVE. THREE CONSECUTIVS UCL. no player has ever done it before. Not even Messi. Ronaldo is the better player here and not fearful Messi. Give CR7 more challenge and he be glad to handle them while Messi will rather retire when he is not tired.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by ACE1010: 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Okay..... sharp sharp like for Messi and Sharp Sharp share for Ronaldo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by skyfather09(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Jokerman:
Ronaldo is greater than Messi
agreed!
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

I should apologise for ur lack of Knowledge...... He played good football at Man United ......

Hope u gain knowledge soon

Now I know you are kid. Ronaldo played for Sporting and later moved to Man United.
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by Ryocaj(m): 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Which war? That FAKE quote looks like something cooked up by Cristiano's fans rather than Simeone. I'm sure Simeone never said that after the Supercopa match. Even on twitter, it was labelled as fake as it was only @360 sources that published the quote. Major sport tabloids should have reported it as well if it was true. Simeone that publicly stated that he believes Messi was more dangerous than Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema combined? Find another lie please.

Cagliari is 6th on d log.. they av beaten so many top sides this season.. learn 2 talks facts 2 backup ur argument so u don't look stupid..
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by michealoluwaseyi(m): 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
Airhuncho:

Don't try to sound smart then f!ck everything up my dude....Its obvious u don't know Michael owen won the ballon d'or in 2001 playing for liverpool....U need to read up bruv, quit being ignorant.LOL! Then u entered clown mode with "messi is breaking ronaldo's record's", remind me who is playing catch up in the ballon d'or race again? Lol..The last bit of ur comment is pointless.
another confuse barca fan,do u think meshit will not like to win the ucl back to back with barca,or win something tangible with his national team ,instead of retiring every time and fighting with small boys on d pitch anytime result dont go his way,lol,ronaldo is portugals greatest player of all time while the greatest player in argentina is diego maradona,and once again i repeat ,i like what messi has done for barca but i appreciate what ronaldo has done for football,cry me a river
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by michealoluwaseyi(m): 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
eni4real:

No John Terry slip, no Ballon d'or No Perez, no Ballon d'or!!!
Ballon d'or taken quickly.. Modric!!!
no iniest die minute equalizer no ballondor no refree biase officiating against chelsea no ballondor no sepp blater no ballondor no xavi and iniesta no ballondor
barca has not won the ucl since xavi and iniesta left
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by pavoda: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
ARE YOU TALKING Golf Or Tennis? Which 6?
ThierryJay:

Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by SirKomA(m): 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
This man still doesnt know Messi as the God of football. SMH
Re: Diego Simeone: “you Can Take Cristiano Ronaldo To A War And He’ll Win It For You by phren: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
obembet:
“You can take Cristiano Ronaldo to a war and he’ll win it for you all alone, for Lionel Messi you need to bring all of his Barcelona teammates so he could actually do something.”

Cristiano Ronaldo hailed after Messi failed to lift Barcelona in Jeddah.

Juventus Super Star, Cristiano Ronaldo is the toast of Twitterati today, even without kicking the ball in the last over 90 hours.

Ronaldo is trending with over 90,000 comments, few hours after Barcelona lost their hopes of claiming the Spanish Supercopa to Athletico Madrid in Jeddah.

This seems like an act of revenge from fans of Cristiano Ronaldo after Barcelona fans had mocked him for losing Super Copa Italia to Lazio.

Atletico came from behind to beat Barcelona 3-2.

Barca looked on course for a Sunday showdown against Real when they led Atletico 2-1 with nine minutes left but instead, it will be a Madrid derby in Saudi Arabia to decide who lifts the trophy.

Koke opened the scoring early into the second half of the semi-final clash at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Messi found an equaliser minutes later before Antoine Griezmann added Barca’s second.

Diego Simeone’s men continued to fight back and pulled level through Alvaro Morata, who converted from the spot-kick.

And Atletico sealed a sensational 3-2 victory after Angel Correa found the back of the net with four minutes of normal time remaining.

Atletico will now face arch-rivals Real Madrid in the Super Cup final on Sunday in Jeddah.

Some fans also accused Lionel Messi and other Barcelona players of bullying 20-year-old Portuguese wonderkid, Joao Felix(praised as next-Ronaldo), after he squared up with Barcelona captain before half-time with the score 0-0.
However, Ronaldo made history on Monday against Cagliari by scoring his 36th hat-trick to Messi’s 34. With his latest achievement, many described the Portuguese star as a better player than Messi, when it comes to lifting their teams in difficult times.

Source: https:https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/1215521150647832576?s=19

Messi has really dealt with this guy to the point that he has to resolve on hate speech�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring / Nigeria. Vs. Lesotho: FIFA 2026 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 16th Nov 2023 / Jay-Jay Okocha And Lionel Messi Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.