Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? (60027 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? / See How A Woman Escape Bitten By This Snake (viper) In AKABOR, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by lucky4west: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
snake in the monkey shadow!

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by splendour7(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
its a sarpent,do you have ratus okpokotomus in your house? because sarpents like to chopment it..
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by itsme01: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
its is venoumous, any snake with cat like eyes is venoumous
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by 0monnak0da: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mouthgag:
BLACK MAMBA of course

and they are very VERY venomous.

NB: There is nothing like a poisonous snake.
Poisons can only be ingested like food. Snake venoms are usually INJECTED.
Half knowledge is intoxicating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Timekeeper: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ikemba007:
please include a picture of the body close shot to show the colour pattern, shape of scales and whether they are lying on each other and the direction they point. also what is the average length of the snakes so far?

Weldone sir, BSc, msc, PhD, in snakecology and snakancy grin shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by mnathan: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
it looks like black mamba the most poisonous snake in the world

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by oloriLFC(f): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
It is called lalaconda undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Germi9: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
I suggest u just go and buy snake anti-venom and keep in your house or pocket,dia one u have killed more than 20 of them,they surely will come for u

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
looks like the deadly black mamba......
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by virago(f): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mouthgag:
BLACK MAMBA of course

and they are very VERY venomous.

NB: There is nothing like a poisonous snake.
Poisons can only be ingested like food. Snake venoms are usually INJECTED.

But you're wrong sir , there is a species of snake that can be regarded as poisonous

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by DaddyMorenike: 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hmm, looks like a mamba. Do you have any idea if it's mouth is black?

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by shadeyinka(m): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.
Open the mouth and if you can see two teeth (fangs) prominent from the upper jaw, it's certainly poisonous.

The slit of the eyeball suggest that it could be poisonous. The shape of the scales of the underbelly can also indicate. But be careful, even if it isn't poisonous other snakes can live within the same area
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by SenatorBright(m): 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

Your neighbor planted marijuana in his plot of land. This kind of snake are only friendly with marijuana location. Na Agbaadu Dem dey call am for my ikale tribe. The English name is black mamba. The love weed( igbo) so so much.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by AmazingELixir: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
lipsrsealed undecided undecided

Op why do you keep killing them...can't you live peacefully with your pet neighbors

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by shadeyinka(m): 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Timekeeper:

Weldone sir, BSc, msc, PhD, in snakecology and snakancy grin shocked
The average Nigerian doesn't read beyond the classroom books
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Emmanuel602(m): 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
From the shape of the head, it's a constrictor and most constrictors are not venomous. Just try and fumigate your house, snakes are no man's friend
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
Germi9:
I suggest u just go and buy snake anti-venom and keep in your house or pocket,dia one u have killed more than 20 of them,they surely will come for u

Smart proactive move . Or just move out of the area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by strangest(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
doctore212:
Cajanus cajan.

Normally found in Olosho house worldwide

Haha... Proximate analysis of cajanus cajan... My Bsc project work... BRI wetin concern pigeonpea with snake?lollz
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Cotton(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
The level of ignorance being displayed is amusing. It is definitely not a black mamba. They don't live in west africa. I think it is a type of cobra (Naja nigricollis) - spitting cobra.

And yes they are poisonous but the mortality rate from its bite is quite low.

10 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by West2019(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:

dangerous sneak
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by echibuogwu(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
100 people actually
shogsman:
The most poisonous snake in the world
The black mamba,a bite is powerful enough to kill 50people
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by YomiTee123(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
you are not serious
you wicked shaaa cry cry cry
Madara12:

Rat snake
They are not venomous
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by virago(f): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
That isn't a black mamba for all those saying it's a black mamba and the black mamba isn't the most venomous snake in the world

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by eby001(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:

Looking at the eyes and the shape of the mouth, it is venomous, the type I don't know
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by davillian(m): 12:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
Madara12:

Rat snake
They are not venomous
Are you ok!?
Can't you see the eyes !? And head
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Tenshades(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by kay29000(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
oloriLFC:
It is called lalaconda undecided

grin
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by oebakare: 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's obviously black mamba na...
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Gidison: 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
virago:

But you're wrong sir , there is a species of snake that can be regarded as poisonous

It isn't correct English. They are venomous and not poisonous. It is not that they taste like poison but they inject venoms that are poisonous.

I guess that was what he was trying to pass across.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US / Little Buhari To Undergo Another Joystick Surgery In UK / (video) Coronavirus Isolation Centre Akure Drill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.