Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? (60020 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? / See How A Woman Escape Bitten By This Snake (viper) In AKABOR, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ireneidiva(f): 8:45am On Jan 14, 2020
Came4amod:

U are passing information that you know nothing about .. and something that can cost people's life
That's a black mamba and it's a highly venomous snake .. it has a neurotoxic venom can can kill a grown man in mins .. so next time use your head
Here we go again. This is not a black mamba.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Came4amod: 9:08am On Jan 14, 2020
ireneidiva:

Here we go again. This is not a black mamba.

I know why u r saying it not a mamba and u r wrong.. because of the eye .. when a snake is dead .. it looks different.. I need the owner of the picture to tell if inside of the mouth was black
. And we can be sure its mamba

The inner pupil is getting shut because it's dead.. all the pictures you are using for comparison are living snakes .. madam this is a mamba .. the pupil is half shut its eyes are round

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Came4amod: 9:13am On Jan 14, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.

Mr op .. please what was the color of the snakes mouth .. I mean inside its mouth?? Because some people here think it's not a mamba .. and I strongly believe it is
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Came4amod: 9:15am On Jan 14, 2020
Cotton:
The level of ignorance being displayed is amusing. It is definitely not a black mamba. They don't live in west africa. I think it is a type of cobra (Naja nigricollis) - spitting cobra.

And yes they are poisonous but the mortality rate from its bite is quite low.

That's not a spitting cobra ..
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by byteem: 10:19am On Jan 14, 2020
jizzyfarms:

The picture posted by op is clearly a black mamber, d one posted by byteem is a Mozambique spitting cobra

No black mambas in Nigeria..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_mamba

enough of this mamba argument mambas are known for their trademark slender small heads .. ur right on the second it was a spitting cobra .. killed upto 20 in my land over a period of 6 months .. at some point even killed one pregnant with eggs.

solution.
1. Fumigate severally at different stages of building with Action 40 .(just ask ur local vendor for agro products ..
2. fumigate the suckerways and pour action 40 into the toilets and drain pipes before closing... method pour into installed toilet and water drains flush then drain out before closing suckerway finally.
3. clear adjourning lands and burn with permission of landowners .. then fumigate with action 40.,and use grass killers so they dnt grow back
4. pour action 40 and carbads into fence holes and block all cracks ..
5.. before moving in did roof fumigation .. now that's compulsory .. the guys entered into the roof and fumigated ..
6. Use non returning valves for external waste drains .. only allows water exit . nothing comes in.. from gutter not even rats .
7.. close top of fence .. with concrete .. and install barbwires.
7. Light up everywhere especially exteriors. led external lighting is cheap now and consumes little energy
8.. Get a big dog.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Kezlink11: 10:34am On Jan 14, 2020
Its Python, they are non venomous snake but constrictor.
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ireneidiva(f): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2020
Came4amod:

I know why u r saying it not a mamba and u r wrong.. because of the eye .. when a snake is dead .. it looks different.. I need the owner of the picture to tell if inside of the mouth was black
. And we can be sure its mamba

The inner pupil is getting shut because it's dead.. all the pictures you are using for comparison are living snakes .. madam this is a mamba .. the pupil is half shut its eyes are round
No black mamba in Nigeria. Even if there were, not up to twenty in one particular location.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by owila4luv(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
serpent
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Came4amod:

U are passing information that you know nothing about .. and something that can cost people's life
That's a black mamba and it's a highly venomous snake .. it has a neurotoxic venom can can kill a grown man in mins .. so next time use your head

Uncle black mamba, you know u are related to the black mamba family, am even wondering if you have ever thought to use ur head, have you seen a mamba with cat eyes

You are so damn worst, go back to school

You are so damn out of sync, if you think that's actually a black mamba, and as OP said they we're more than 20 in his plot, do you know what that means, I don't think u know anything about snakes anyways, or ur brain would have told you to shut up and stop saying nonsense, because its black its now a black mamba, a black mamba in nigeria, rubbish
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Came4amod: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Madara12:

Uncle black mamba, you know u are related to the black mamba family, am even wondering if you have ever thought to use ur head, have you seen a mamba with cat eyes

You are so damn worst, go back to school

You are so damn out of sync, if you think that's actually a black mamba, and as OP said they we're more than 20 in his plot, do you know what that means, I don't think u know anything about snakes anyways, or ur brain would have told you to shut up and stop saying nonsense, because its black its now a black mamba, a black mamba in nigeria, rubbish

U r stupid to think it's not in nigeria .. let the op open the mouth and tell us all this u r saying is trash .. that is not a cat eye .. the snake is dead and the pupil covered part of the eye ..

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madara12(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
Came4amod:

U r stupid to think it's not in nigeria .. let the op open the mouth and tell us all this u r saying is trash .. that is not a cat eye .. the snake is dead and the pupil covered part of the eye ..

Now I know that you have taken your medications
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by richard870(m): 10:01am On Jan 15, 2020
Memberclub:
have you seen one before?
Sure. It venom kills very fast
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Memberclub(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2020
richard870:
Sure. It venom kills very fast
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.