Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? (60015 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? / See How A Woman Escape Bitten By This Snake (viper) In AKABOR, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by 500vastabilizer: 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
It has an elliptical pupils meaning it's venomous not poisonous and don't bring mamba, cobra, rat snake, here cos they all have round pupils. This may be a viper, that's my best guess.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
Madara12:

Rat snake
They are not venomous

You better not deceive the op into thinking that snake is not venomous. Treat all those bastards as venomous snakes and kill them when ever you see them
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Memberclub(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mouthgag:
BLACK MAMBA of course

and they are very VERY venomous.

NB: There is nothing like a poisonous snake.
Poisons can only be ingested like food. Snake venoms are usually INJECTED.
stop saying what you don't know. Makes you look like a fool

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Memberclub(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
eduman365:
Black mamba... I recognize it 100%. It's silvery black lower part. Very venomous.
shut up olodo liar grin

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Memberclub(m): 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
Tenshades:

Hahahahahaaha...are u fvcking kidding me?? Black mamba isnt in West africa like seriously Which book u read am from?

How many forest u don enter

This is seriously hilarious. WTF?

Is Nigeria not a west african country again??

Are u fvcking kidding me
what a fool

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by pek(m): 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
eduman365:

That's not black... It's dark silvery... I made a mistake with my description. It is a black mamba actually.
ACTUALLY? Read up and know the features, habitate and characteristics of a black mamba!

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Memberclub:
shut up olodo liar grin

Why the insult? I'm not the only one who thinks so. Even if I was wrong, you didn't have to insult me... You lack manners.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
pek:
ACTUALLY? Read up and know the features, habitate and characteristics of a black mamba!

Ok then. I stand to be corrected, but that's what it looks like to me though.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Memberclub(m): 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
eduman365:

Why the insult? I'm not the only one who thinks so. Even if I was wrong, you didn't have to insult me... You lack manners.
Then stop fucccking lying. You recognise it 100%, very funny
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by byteem: 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bigfishlee45:

bro, black mamba is green in color. the name implies black because the snake only possesses a black tongue and mouth region

MR oga ..you have black mambas , and green mambas.. use ur internet well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamba
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by byteem: 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
nacortic:

Stop bothering urself correcting pple dat dont know anything bout snake.
Black mamba are not black dey are grey, black mambas av small heads nd her very fast and as long as 12 to 15ft long and can neva be found in nigeria if it is found might be green mamba but neva black
So ur wasting ur tym educating pple here dat dont know anything bout snakes, it like sayin a polar bear is white

very tru..this one is a cobra.. killed several in my land when i was developing.. fumigate .. fumigate fumigate.. also get cabad .. thesame one used by panel beaters it scars them off .. u can also plant antisnake plants .. they work like magis too

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ireneidiva(f): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
eduman365:

That's not black... It's dark silvery... I made a mistake with my description. It is a black mamba actually.
It is not a black mamba oooo!
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
ireneidiva:

Ok... What snake is it then, educate me pls, with facts! Thanks. wink
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by nacortic(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
byteem:

very tru..this one is a cobra.. killed several in my land when i was developing.. fumigate .. fumigate fumigate.. also get cabad .. thesame one used by panel beaters it scars them off .. u can also plant antisnake plants .. they work like magis too

Wow it is long nd big, looks alike like a yellow belly water snake but the end of it tail looks more like a cobra tail, which it uses 2 pinch u if u grab it. Knew dat from that program snake in the city
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by jizzyfarms(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
ireneidiva:

The picture posted by op is clearly a black mamber, d one posted by byteem is a Mozambique spitting cobra
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ireneidiva(f): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
eduman365:

Ok... What snake is it then, educate me pls, with facts! Thanks. wink
Most likely a rat snake. You can't find a black mamba in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Temmywalex: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
doctore212:
Cajanus cajan.

Normally found in Olosho house worldwide

grin grin grin grin
No, it is Sesbanian sesban, I feel you my fellow in academia.

Truly, snake � is beautiful but dangerous.

That is how some ladies are.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ireneidiva(f): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
jizzyfarms:

The picture posted by op is clearly a black mamber, d one posted by byteem is a Mozambique spitting cobra
Try to help yourself sometimes. Read stuff, use Google. A simple google search will tell you that there is no black mamba in Nigeria. Even if there is 1, it will be impossible to kill 20 in a particular location.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
ireneidiva:

Most likely a rat snake. You can't find a black mamba in Nigeria.

Ok then, thanks Irene. wink
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by seangy4konji: 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
You need to be careful..

Be omous or not..if you getting bitten in Nigeria...you case is heaven or hell
..there is no anti venom anywhere ooo..

To loot is their only concern..the woman that got bitten the other day in Kaduna..even general hospital had no anti venom..

You are dead already and gone..

Be very careful...useless things Kill in Nigeria.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ronyman(m): 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
Na waooo cajanus cajan the s pigeon pea plant oooo. Why decieve ppl? if you don't know kindly don't comment.
doctore212:
Cajanus cajan.

Normally found in Olosho house worldwide
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by jizzyfarms(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Tenshades(m): 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
Memberclub:
what a fool

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ireneidiva(f): 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
jizzyfarms:

Was there a reason to be insultive??
This is not an insult. You sounded so sure when you were very wrong and this black mamba issue has been going on for a while. That was the only way to get to you.

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Czartega(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.

odikwa very poisonous.....you have to torch your neighbours plot make sure it's burnt
to the lithosphere ....lol
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mouthgag: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
Memberclub:
stop saying what you don't know. Makes you look like a fool
Are you so foolish?
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by ayanbaba2(m): 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
Skepticus:

Black mambas have never been found in Western Africa, dumbo!

A lot of you on this forum hardly learn nor bother to learn and would hardly accept correction.

No wonder you are being ruled by equally stupid louts you call leaders.

Back to your topic, The black mambas are restricted only to Southern Africa and their closest relative in Western Africa is the green mamba. The identifying sign of a black mamba is the black colouring of its inner mouth and its very aggressive disposition. It's venom, though very potent isn't as deadly as that of the Cape Cobra.

However, there are many species of snakes (venomous and nonvenomous) that mimic the looks of these mambas

From the photos of the OP here, I'm guessing it's an eastern rat snake or the West African forest cobra.

those comments about "black mamba" really shows how informed they were!

thanks Jere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Legendguru: 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by rexandyke(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
splendour7:
its a sarpent,do you have ratus okpokotomus in your house? because sarpents like to chopment it..

Ratus okpokotomus grin grin grin grin grin grin That airtel ads na die...
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by richard870(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.
That looks like a black mamba

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.