Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,975 members, 7,841,731 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Whatsapp Money Doubling Scam - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whatsapp Money Doubling Scam (713 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Money Doubling Scam by MannaBbqgrilz: 12:18am On Jan 13, 2020
One of my female friend sent me this message on WhatsApp that her friend just cash out now now beside her

*Our packages ranges from.*

*STUDENT PACKAGES*�
15,000 TO GET 30,000
20,000 TO GET 40,000
25,000 TO GET 50,000

*SALARY PACKAGES*�
30,000 TO GET 60,000
40,000 TO GET 80,000
50,000 TO GET 100,000

*BUSINESS PACKAGES* �
100,000 TO GET 200,000
200,000 TO GET 400,000
500,000 TO GET 1,000,000

*Kindly message the admin for more......*

I knew its a scam because I read about this similar thing on Nairaland 3 days ago about a man that loose 146k to this same scam method.

Well, I told her to add me to that group, I want to see how they will try to scam me, immediately I was added to that group, 2 members posted screenshot of the credit alert they received from investing in that group, I saw another 15k debit alert with the name of the boyfriend of my female friend, I checked his what'sapp number and it have the picture of my female friend as his DP, something tells me that guy has been scammed as he as credited someone in that group with the hope of receiving 30k, I Private chat my female friend to ask her if she as participated in putting her money in that group , she said she hasn't ,I then told her I saw a debit alert posted in that group by a her boyfriend, she started ranting that how did I know her boyfriend, I told her her boyfriend has been scammed ,I checked the list of members in that group ,its about 150 members and admin sent like 5 video from different lady thanking the admin for receiving double of their investment.

first red flag
the two admin number and the what'sapp Number of the 2 ladies that testify of getting paid in double have the same what'sapp name with this symbol (~-) .

2nd red flag,
I suspect that my friend is part of the scammer with the 15k debit alert posted to that group from her boyfriend what'sapp number as a way of convincing me, he will later make a confirmation of receiving 30k .

3rd red flag
Immediately I accused her of been part of the scammers, admin set privacy to that group in such a way that it's only admin that can send message to that group, I guess this was done as a way to disable me from sending message to that group In exposing them to prevent other members from falling victim,

So I started sending text to the members one by one to warn them not to fall victim of the scam going on in that group, they started leaving the group one by one telling me they didn't know how they were added to that group
I remained in that group to see what will happen next, immediately the admin sent HAPPY SUNDAY to the group, the next thing I noticed is that the admin removed me. I posted on my whatsapp status to tell my what'sapp contact not to fall victim of the new money doubling scam going viral this days, and i expressed my experience with my female friend that add me to the group, could you belief my female friend replied me asking me what have i achieved by exposing her.

Please how do you think I can handle her so that she won't continue scamming people, imagine the numbers of people that she would have scammed, I have her as friend on Facebook, I don't know if there is the need to attach her FB profile to this post,

My colleague at work replied my what'sapp status telling me she was scammed in Dec with that same trick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Money Doubling Scam by MannaBbqgrilz: 12:32am On Jan 13, 2020
Her advert and confirmation of her friend in partner in crime , screenshot of testimony videos posted in the group
Plus reply from my colleague that was a victim last year Dec

Re: Whatsapp Money Doubling Scam by Colorado1(m): 12:39am On Jan 13, 2020
Lol, I'm surprised peeps still fall for stuffs like dis tho

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Money Doubling Scam by Dannieln1: 2:38am On Jan 13, 2020
Expose her
She's a criminal and needed to be exposed

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Faithia Williams Is Engaged ( New Video) / Man sues wife for refusing him sex / Girls And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.