Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) (66252 Views)

My Skin Has Gone Bad. I Need Help! (Disturbing Photos) / New York, Epicenter Of U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak (Disturbing Photos) / Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Ancecoker(m): 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
LadySarah:
It will not pass very tight hairstyles.
I might be wrong though. Just comb her hair and pack in buns with fancy bands.

Boil the red acalypha flower and bath her with it for one week, mion and night

This is very real o
Pls use the flower
Do not joke with it
It worked for my brother

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Ayodele1987(m): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Robb it with okra soup
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Oricha79(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
antibiotics is the way
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by AmbFitsaint(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:
Please help diagnose this thing on my daughter's head. That thing looks like small small boils all over her head. It pains her alot and she doesnt want anyone to touch her head especially when bathing. She 3yrs old, eats well and very active.

It started 4 days ago and progressed to this stage.

Other Sypmtoms include:

She doesnt sleep well at night becauese of pains on her head.

High temp especially around 1am-5am ( we have been using paracetamol to calm bown the temp)

Little rashes on her neck and lower back.

Her hair doesnt grow evenly (though we have noticed this for a while)

Looks like a chicken pox. It will self limiting . Let her take more water. Starting on Acyclovir might be late now. Effective within first 24 hours of rash
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Crown033: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Cefuroxime syrup
Loratidine syrup
Grisofulvin syrup
ABF cream....

08069018373 call me for the dosage....
Pharmacist Stephen
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by WaleEkun: 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
Please go and do allergy test. My daughter, at that age, was also having issues until we do allergy test and found out she was allergic to peanut and eggs. If you cannot do allergy test, try and eliminate these food allergies
Big-8 (e.g. eggs, milk, wheat, and soybean) Fish, Crustacean, Treenut, Peanut
https://farrp.unl.edu/informallbig8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by xavuv: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
grin grin
Lol. Roof was fumigated. It probably slitered away quitley or still in there andnlaying low. No unusual sounds again in there anyway.

klever18:
have u killed the snake?
kiss
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Brushless: 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:
Maybe i will evetually. If it is something i can take care at home, that is what i wqnt to know.

Take her to the hospital, it is nothing you can treat at home. Looking at it and what you said about her behavior it has to do with internal problems which might certainly be cured by high dose of prescribed antibiotic. do that quick so that it does not cause her a brain damage.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by xavuv: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
Esheun.

akeensbussy:

It is not life threaten. it happened to my baby when she was 6 and 7 months. here is what I use. go to those that sale baby thing and ask for Ori Oyo or approach elewe omo, buy imi ojo, Ata etu ibon and adin dudu mix it together and start using it for here as cream lobatan. Also, there is one flower like that it red and yellow leave...it is the red u will look for. I will upload the pic if I see it. be using it to bath her.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by SEGLIZ: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:
Do ppl sell it in the market?

I can't really tell but you might ask from the herb sellers they might do, I've always seen it grow in people's premises.
if need it check for people around you who grow shrubs, garden or orchard you sure get it with them.
it is called ewé èélá or flower pupa (pupa = kpukpa for a non Yoruba).
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Jossy98: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
It will gradually go, be patient.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by xavuv: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Just like in that pic?

Temigirl95:
It happened to me very well when growing up....its nothing at all...but I ve forgotten what my mom used
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by adeblow(m): 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:
Please help diagnose this thing on my daughter's head. That thing looks like small small boils all over her head. It pains her alot and she doesnt want anyone to touch her head especially when bathing. She 3yrs old, eats well and very active.

Other Sypmtoms include:

High temp especially around 1am-5am ( we have been using paracetamol to calm bown the temp)

What kind of water does she bathe with? Is it well water? You may want to check the water she baths with
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Bambela(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
okomile:
Naira land no be hospital

Take her to the hospital pronto grin
I agree that here is not a hospital but there is no caliber of people that is not here. Naira land is not a small housing that cannot give medical advice though you have use it to make front page.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by 1stHooligan(m): 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:
Maybe i will evetually. If it is something i can take care at home, that is what i wqnt to know.

I hope it's not the snake in the roof of your house that spat on her head?
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by shogsman(m): 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
okomile:
Naira land no be hospital

Take her to the hospital pronto grin
Dodoru what is the health section for then,to direct people to hospital abi.do you know how many doctors the op has just reached with this, abi you think we don't have professionals here.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Lewisalexander(m): 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
fastseo:

Let me tell you, there was a time I had boil, I had gone to hospital, taken drugs... Spent over 30,000 naira but this small boil was still shiny and refuse to go. Bought various drugs some where 2500 to 3000. Taken antibiotics.

I had to go to two medical labs still saying same thing and the drugs and injection they prescribed could not do anything.

I had to search online, search for similar images online and I landed here on nairaland. And I saw where one girl like that suffered from same issue and called the drugs she used.... I went to the store to get it for just 350 naira and 3 days that boil dried up... Its over 3 years now.

So don't ask people not to discuss their problems here, it will help thousands if not million of people some day.

Even most doctors do prescribe drugs based on similar cases they have handled before

Please what is the name of the drugs
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by boldx(m): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Put red oil on them. There are worms in those boils. Someone shared an experience on this.
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Bolubaba(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's a fungal infection and using antibiotics does not treat fungal infections.

1. Cut your childs hair
2. Get the RED ACALYPHA. Boil & bath her with it
3. Get an antifungal cream TYDINIL works fine mix with Shea butter and use it as hair cream.
You see the results within few days.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by wiloy2k8(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
This is a bacteria .... get bactroban should work for that .. or probably get an antibiotics
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by flyingdutchman(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:

Nope! H-O-S-P-I-T-A-L
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by hennylove(f): 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
Buy Bactroban cream should be around 2k but very effective and it will be good for her to take antibiotic too
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by enokings: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2020

Ma'am, this is dangerous to your child's health. Please take her to a doctor even if it's General Hospital. The risks of unregulated paracetamol use are too great.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Sagay212: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
Why are people like this. Instead of going to the hospital you are coming on NL to take useless advise from fake NL doctors. You want to experiment with your little innocent daughter? Many people on NL are confidently ignorant and they'll just prescribe all sorts of nonsense. You people should always learn to go to a hospital and not coming here to complicate things for yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by temmyg(f): 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Exactly what was prescribed for my 14months old &4 years old daughters some months back.It cleared it and I also shaved her hair.It is was caused by Lice (Inairun)&it
Spreads very fast.Adult can kill it by Retouching the hair.

Cefuroxime syrup 5mls morning and night
Loratidine syrup 5mls once daily
Grisofulvin syrup* This wasnt there
ABF cream/Nizoral cream.Apply on the effects body/head.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Adalasy: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:

Other Sypmtoms include:

I am an alternative medicine practitioner from Ghana and you can treat this easily from the comfort of your home. Go and get some Neem leaves. Carefully pluck the leaves from the stalk because it is only the leaves you need. Mash the leaves into a paste and apply the paste on each boil on her head. Make sure you cover all of them. this application is to be done once a day only.

Her condition is caused by bacteria which has formed in her hair follicle. I would have recommended neem oil for her but since she is just 3 and may touch the hair and oil and lick with her tongue i would rather you use the leaves.

Apply the neem leaves as long as needed and she will be fine plus the leaves would ensure there is no scar left from the boils

This is what neem leaves look like attached.

I would also recommend that for her rashes which you say are on her lower back and neck, you take the same neem leaves, boil it for about 10mins (once it begins to boil leave it boiling for 10 mins) Mix about 100ml of the resultant liquid with her bathing water and bath her with it. She will get her baby skin back in no time.

Try not to get Chemical drugs or creams for her at her age. Follow the instructions i have given

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Zizer17(m): 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Zinnat suspension plus Mupiderm ( Mupirocin ) cream
It will do the job
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by adecz: 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
1) shave the hair completely

2) wash with medicated soap

3) clean 3 times a day with spirit.

4) Put her on Ampiclox ( Mecure™ brand, Laclox I think). Paracetamol to control temp° & pain..

5) thank me later. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by lonelydora: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
xavuv:

Other Sypmtoms include:

Forget what people will tell you here.

Go to a Pharmacy and buy GRISOFLAVIN. It will clear in 2 days.

It happened to my boy when he was younger.

Does she sweet a lot? Make sure you maintain a high level of hygiene. It's inside her body. Soon she will outgrow it.

Come back and thank me later
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Amopeekun(f): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
In my place, it is called gbindin gbindin. It is a Yoruba name.
I don't know how serious this is but importantly, STOP MAKING/PLAITING/BRAIDING/ MANIPULATING HER SCALP HENCEFORTH!! Pls stop. Her scalp is very tender and too soft. Cut her hair low until she is old enough to sit down by herself to make her hair. Occasionally, washing her hair with a very mild shampoo will do, otherwise, the regular bathing is enough.. Separate her combs and hair brushes from yours and disinfect them regularly with dettol.
As it is, you either use amplicox Beecham for her or take her to the hospital. All the best.
xavuv:

Other Sypmtoms include:

Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by aminusodiq(m): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
YourNextLevel:
The guy above. There are Doctors in here and is not everyone in this forum is jobless or employed by the politicans.

You dont even know if he/she has the hospital money. Just be polite to people that needs help One mustn't comment in all topics.

Back to the topic. : I dont know what to say. Goodluck
dat last phrase dough grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos) by Leo588(m): 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
Its not a bad disease either its just a common hair molds from bacterial infections on the skin. Remove cotton bud from your ears and put some on them. It will ease the pain and drain the fluid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / Wuhan Pool Party In China Sparks Outrage Amidst Covid-19 - Video / Ebola Virus Hits Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.