Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs (51239 Views)

Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria / Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by femi4: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2020
AdemolaA2:

Very very very very disgusting and annoying words .. went to biology dictionary to check but couldn’t find any .. didn’t check Oxford English Dictionary cos it never sounded English
It was modified from "Skeleton" now

He was trying to introduce new dance

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by franzis(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2020
Rema : Lady ... achukuleke , oya ripoto ripoto no go dey give me opolo

8 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by GoodandBad007: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Oya baby blow blow blow that your trumpet blow blow ........ imagine line

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by mejai(m): 10:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Mateen1000:
Baddo once said dis (PhynoftOlamide Fada fada)

“I buy moto I dey travel go obodo oyinbo”
Na Private Jet remain for me Baba you know

I con dey reason say Pesin fit travel go London with a Car
i buy moto

i travel go obodo oyibo

2 different things/ achievements

are we forgetting flavour in his days?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
No! I be prophet wey no dey see vision grin wink
E clear
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 25, 2020
Edoloaded:
Let me just drop this here grin grin

Jeeezzz! i've been laughing so hard since i read this grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by maynation(f): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2020
kestolove95:
No one vex me pass that davido own...imagine d rubbish wey him dey talk
Hahaha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by caprini1: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2020
Mateen1000:
Baddo once said dis (PhynoftOlamide Fada fada)

“I buy moto I dey travel go obodo oyinbo”
Na Private Jet remain for me Baba you know

I con dey reason say Pesin fit travel go London with a Car
His lines is why i dont listen to the song,spoiled the good jam completely,voice level ,was very low compared to the heavy beats of the song.
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 25, 2020
mejai:

i buy moto

i travel go obodo oyibo

2 different things/ achievements

are we forgetting flavour in his days?
Flavour self those days gringrin sawa sawa sawa le ash grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Mariangeles(f): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
And Tekno didn’t make the list wink
With Tekno, where do we even begin? grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by suaveBrother(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2020
... musicians used words these days for rhymes , but that of coldplay I think it's a metaphor ...

...some use pun and wordplay which at times creates a vibe but lacks intuition and meaning...

they are all mad sha ... they leave mysteries of the lyrics to their listeners Interpretation
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2020
Peeps the worst I've heard so far is...iyanya....from the bed to the bedroom........in his music called gift with donjazzy.

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Angelfrost(m): 10:55am On Feb 25, 2020
espn:
joblessness... Even in our everyday activities we all make blunders...

What are you even defending??!... No one is above mistakes. But that is not even the case here.

Most of these are not mistakes. Not when these songs are screened, edited, and mixed...

Face it sir... Most of these musicians, especially here in Naija, can't write lyrics to save their skins.
Most of them don't even know or understand half of the things they sing!!!... Some are just content with rhyming along the beats.

9 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by dicoms: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2020
Coldplay, one of my favorite bands.

Get a free .com domain name for your business. Check my signature for more details.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by babyfaceafrica: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2020
OTayobami:

What are you high on big man? He obviously made a rhyme there with both Pidgin and Yoruba - "inside life you go see 5alive".....shey na for moon or Saturn or for spirit world you wan see 5alive before ni?
what is lyrical about inside life, you go see five alive... Yeye lyrics

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by AdemolaA2: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2020
femi4:
It was modified from "Skeleton" now

He was trying to introduce new dance

I see but it’s very dumb ... since 1960 , oyoyo.... I was waiting to hear a meaningful line after the oyoyo and then I heard we don Dey shayo ... I just got angry ... and tuned off my radio .

6 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by autonomous22: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2020
AerialMapper:
Wizkid

King of worst lines

The kind of rubbish that young man dey sing eeh...

Well, he's making his money.... That's d important thing...
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by JustPerpetual(f): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

“Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/
Almost all have wack lyrics
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Pidginwhisper: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2020
Mariangeles:

With Tekno, where do we even begin? grin grin grin
Almost all his singles get one jargon
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by kollinzgee(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Mumu post...
music is about rythm & tunes, no one really gives a heck bout em lyrics...

More so, Music is a language of its own, Music is Art that corronates different views...

I guess you are a wizkid fan grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Happychildlove(f): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2020
Una well done
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by AerialMapper: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2020
Edoloaded:

Still has more lyrical contents than your mcm that buys songs

Who is my MCM?

Cannot imagine singing along when i hear a Wizkid track like Blow

Everyday with you i dey sempe sempe

i mean like i drink e sapele water
Body come dey do me kulukekulukeke
You go run the matter inside the keke napepe

I mean...what rubbish is this. Unfortunately Rema is towing this line of chatting absolute nonsense as well

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by anochuko01(m): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2020
Eh Dumebi, kpananckfaibkirmllomoyen! Dumebi don go carry belle!

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SouthNigerian: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2020
kollinzgee:

I guess you are a wizkid fan grin
No o, I'm a kidwiz naf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by chinchonglee(m): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Worst lyrics list should be like
Wizkid
D'banj
Kcee(this one is the king on this list)
Tecno
Davido
Rema
That Psquare brother that sang "For my head"

Best lyrics list should be like
2face
Fireboy
Kiss Daniel
Teni
Adekunle Gold
Wande coal
The Psquare brother that sang Audio Money and Reason with me.

N:B Burna boy should make both list cos at time his lyrics is good and sometimes it is bad.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by OTayobami(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
what is lyrical about inside life, you go see five alive... Yeye lyrics

Lol, now i see, you hate him
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2020
How did Wizkid not make that list?
Listen to "Zombie" : Say I will always do you WRONG, I'll never do RIGHT.... " . He seemed to have mumbled a few words after that line, when he had probably noticed his error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Solomon8144: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2020
post=86939524:

This remind us of  Bruno Mars – Grenade

There was this line he sang :

'Should’ve known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

The only way he could know her eyes were open would be if he had his own eyes open.

wink
This dead human meat seller no just get sense at all. At all

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by jboycrb(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2020
dayleke:
Ijo yoyo, ijo yoyo ooo - kollington

Shinamania da mi lohun, ese meji l'oke o,
Omoge shasha ma ma sha mi, to ba se mo, dawo pada,
- shina peters

grin grin

King sunny Ade: Ale oni ayato, idaji oni shey ko, ka jo ma yata etc grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by blowjohn(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2020
Trashy write up.
Especially the coldplay part.
Rock songs are for the discerning.
U cant be rocking davido all ur life and switch to coldplay or arcade fire or R.E.M etc.
If dead bones can come to life then what is so difficult in understanding how bones become ignited?
Besides who told the OP that its coldplay is the one taking about guiding the person home?
If u cant understand common coldplay songs , how would u understand arcade fire, U2, the Radiohead? Etc

How would u even understand Nas? Or cormega or AZ or jada kiss?

5 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Mazikic(m): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2020
hakeem4:
Inyanya: from the bed to the bedroom

Maybe his bed is in the parlour!lol

10 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by checkolatunji: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2020
Wizkid worst

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.