Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs (51200 Views)

Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria / Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2020
Mateen1000:
Baddo once said dis (PhynoftOlamide Fada fada)

“I buy moto I dey travel go obodo oyinbo”
Na Private Jet remain for me Baba you know

I con dey reason say Pesin fit travel go London with a Car
olodo..I buy Moto...full stop
I dey go obodo yinbo ..anoda line entirety...he no talk he dey carry car go London

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by dayleke: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2020
jboycrb:

King sunny Ade: Ale oni ayato, idaji oni shey ko, ka jo ma yata etc grin grin

You got it bro.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by PotatoSalad(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2020
The money plenty pass Bill Clinton - Ice Prince
Shots on shots

I'll always do you wrong, I'll never do you right - WizKid
Zombie

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by SilvanusII(m): 11:10am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

“Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/

I dunno what u were aiming at, but there is a difference between outright senselessness and having double meanings. Your complaints about the Nigerian lyricists may be valid, but don't lump Missy in your useless list

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by aristocratic5(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2020
Laff wan kill me die
Na naira marley own dey pain me pass
Na rubbish him dey sing

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by greencard: 11:12am On Feb 25, 2020
post=86939524:

This remind us of  Bruno Mars – Grenade

There was this line he sang :

'Should’ve known you was trouble
From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

The only way he could know her eyes were open would be if he had his own eyes open.

wink
actually sir, what he did meant was that a good kiss should require that u close your eyes as many folks do...but she had hers open, that is she wasn't into him from the start , the first kiss reveals that since her eyes were wide open, she didn't really care and wasn't into him as supposed

That's what he meant by , "why were they wide open" ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Josskute(m): 11:13am On Feb 25, 2020
Wizkid always renders some of the worst lyrics, even OBO

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by spayor(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2020
Mateen1000:
Baddo once said dis (PhynoftOlamide Fada fada)

“I buy moto I dey travel go obodo oyinbo”
Na Private Jet remain for me Baba you know

I con dey reason say Pesin fit travel go London with a Car
you misunderstood that bruh...

he actually meant, I have I car, I travel to America and all that's left for me is to own a private jet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by mecuries(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2020
Putting Coldplay in an article along with Naira Marley?...I give up

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Hexilon: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2020
mecuries:

Forgive his ignorance.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by AkuluAmu: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
post=86939524:

From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

The only way he could know her eyes were open would be if he had his own eyes open.

wink
[/s]
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 25, 2020
blowjohn:
Trashy write up.
Especially the coldplay part.
Rock songs are for the discerning.
U cant be rocking davido all ur life and switch to coldplay or arcade fire or R.E.M etc.
If dead bones can come to life then what is so difficult in understanding how bones become ignited?
Besides who told the OP that its coldplay is the one taking about guiding the person home?
If u cant understand common coldplay songs , how would u understand arcade fire, U2, the Radiohead? Etc

How would u even understand Nas? Or cormega or AZ or jada kiss?
Rockstars are usually creative with lyrics stairway to heaven is an example.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by babyfaceafrica: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
OTayobami:

Lol, now i see, you hate him
hate who?.. Who in help
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by AreaFada2: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
post=86939524:

From the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open'?

wink
Hahahaha. So maybe Bruno was the trouble from first kiss and not the girl.

So Mai suya, you still have time in between making suya, being Buhari Sycophant and grinding suya pepper, to follow Bruno Mars lyrics. grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Ramon92: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2020
mecuries:
that shows the writer has a poor understanding of lyrics abi na ear de pain am.

I'm sure he didn't understand the circumstance that led to Chris Martin using that line and even the song as a whole.

That's how they'll come out and write rubbish articles..

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Ramon92: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2020
blowjohn:
Trashy write up.
Especially the coldplay part.
Rock songs are for the discerning.
U cant be rocking davido all ur life and switch to coldplay or arcade fire or R.E.M etc.
If dead bones can come to life then what is so difficult in understanding how bones become ignited?
Besides who told the OP that its coldplay is the one taking about guiding the person home?
If u cant understand common coldplay songs , how would u understand arcade fire, U2, the Radiohead? Etc

How would u even understand Nas? Or cormega or AZ or jada kiss?
as in ehn, utter rubbish write up..

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Mateen1000: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2020
Heistman:
olodo..I buy Moto...full stop
I dey go obodo yinbo ..anoda line entirety...he no talk he dey carry car go London
Olodo Na baddo put the full stop abi na u write the lyrics for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Davido's own you didn't get.

It is not my number one itutu, it is my number one 'tuntun"

Tuntun in Yoruba means brand New
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Tonyspecial(m): 11:30am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:
Lyricism and songwriting are the most outstanding qualities ever shown by musicians but there are still hideous and erroneous feats made by the so-called musicians in songs. You would wonder if those songs were properly vetted by mixers and A&R executives before they passed on to marketing and licensing departments of record labels. Independent and upcoming musicians making these blunders in lyrics is forgivable but when superstars make these errors, we should stripe them off charts, awards and achievements especially if there is an expectation behind the brand. Recently, we have seen trolls on the rise about how superstar musicians have messed up a good song just because they were not apt in their lyricism. In rare cases, flops are allowed in lyricism if the song is unfinished or a comedic type.

Missy Elliot

Missy Elliot is still one of the best female hip/hop breakouts in the history of music. At a young age, the female rapper struck relationships with the best songwriters and producers in music especially Timbaland but that did not stop her from embarrassing herself on ‘Work it’ as she shrieked these lyrics confidently: “Take my thong off and my ass go boom!”. This is definitely an incoming tsunami.

Naira Marley

The Nigerian Popstar had a great year in 2019 but in that same year he made lines which found their way into the Nigerian pop culture notably one that music lovers can remember from “Soapy”:

“Inside life, go to the five 5 alive.” It is forgiven as the song became a nationwide hit even with the controversy surrounding the singer.

Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.” Did Coldplay ask fans to ignite their bones? Did the lead singer tell fans that the lights will lead them home after a show? So many things must be going through your mind also. But “fix you” is a hit nonetheless.

R.Kelly

Music lovers have cancelled Robert and we are here to remind you about one of his lyrics we can never forget – this same line brought traces about his sexual crimes from “You remind me of something” and here it is: “Girl you look just like my car, I wanna wax it.” How on earth did a girl end up looking like a car? Was she made in Vietnam?

Davido

Davido’s attempt to flow in rhythmic pattern in revival single “If” failed and we are still shocked that none of those people in the studio failed to correct this line: “My number one itutu sipping burukutu”. David’s lover must be a drunkard.

source - http://tushmagazine.com.ng/the-worst-lyrics-ever-used-by-musicians-in-songs/
Be like say you no grow up for 9ja, my own na to dance and forget ma sorrow

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2020
Mateen1000:

Olodo Na baddo put the full stop abi na u write the lyrics for him
olodo. U no Sabi anything about songwriting..it's different from writing a story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by pocohantas(f): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2020
I go Calabar, I see Godswill Akpabio.

How? Was Akpabio CrossRiver’s governor?

MC Galaxy sha. Oh, some element just reminded me it was Davido’s line. Still Galaxy’s song though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by blowjohn(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2020
Ausrichie:

Rockstars are usually creative with lyrics stairway to heaven is an example.

I agree completely.
But there is something about hip hop....like rap generally.
They're always sending messages in coded lines.
That's why I still rank rap higher than rock.
Rappers have so many stories to tell
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by UnimkeAk(m): 11:35am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:

Missy Elliot

Naira Marley

Coldplay

R.Kelly

Davido

You should only concentrate this ur bs on naija artist and songs...
What the he'll is coldplay doing on this list...

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by donMIG(m): 11:35am On Feb 25, 2020
Missys lyrics was ok to me unlike the rest she made a point to me
I'm still trying to figure out wic angle u r viewing this from
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by awoo47: 11:36am On Feb 25, 2020
mantosa:

Missy Elliot

Naira Marley

Coldplay

R.Kelly

Davido

coldplay sang d song during d aftermath of London bombings, nd d lights he was talking about is candle lights for funeral procession.
Even naira Marley line is incorrect sef, i dont knw d correct one, but i know dats not what he said

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by missimelda01(f): 11:38am On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin grin
Edoloaded:
Let me just drop this here grin grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by mecuries(m): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2020
Ramon92:
that shows the writer has a poor understanding of lyrics abi na ear de pain am.

I'm sure he didn't understand the circumstance that led to Chris Martin using that line and even the song as a whole.

That's how they'll come out and write rubbish articles..
It all falls down to the lack of content write ups from our musicians,they say it as it is forgetting that music is also poetry
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by missimelda01(f): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2020
UnimkeAk:

You should only concentrate this ur bs on naija artist and songs...
What the he'll is coldplay doing on this list...

I wonder angry
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by blowjohn(m): 11:40am On Feb 25, 2020
Hip-hop was aborted
So Nas breathes life, back into the embryo
Let us make man in our image
Spit it, I'm Huey P in Louis V throwing Molotov for Emmit
You aint as hot as I is
All of these fake prophets are not messiahs
You don't know how high the sky is
The square milage of Earth, or what pi is
I'm the shaky hand that touched Geogre Foreman in Zaire
The same hand that punched down devils that brought down the towers...NAS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by missimelda01(f): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2020
franzis:
Rema : Lady ... achukuleke , oya ripoto ripoto no go dey give me opolo
please don't even go there if you don't want headache grin

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by blowjohn(m): 11:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Here is Nas rapping from the perspective of a gun.
This was when nas was about 20 years or 21 I think.

I Gave You Power"

[Nas]
Damn! Look how muh-fuckers use a nigga
Just use me for whatever the Bleep they want
I don't get to say shit
Just grab me, just do what the Bleep they want
Sell me, throw me away
Niggaz just don't give a Bleep about a nigga like me right?
Like I'm a f... I'm a gun, shit
It's like I'm a motherfuckin gun
I can't believe this shit....
Word up.. (word up..)

I seen some cold nights and bloody days
They grab and me bullets spray
They use me wrong so I sing this song 'til this day
My body is cold steel for real
I was made to kill, that's why they keep me concealed
Under car seats they sneak me in clubs
Been in the hands of mad thugs
They feed me when they load me with mad slugs
Seventeen precisely, one in my head
They call me Desert Eagle, semi-auto with lead
I'm seven inches four pounds, been through so many towns
Ohio to Little Rock to Canarsie, livin harshly
Beat up and battered, they pull me out
I watch as niggaz scattered, makin me kill
But what I feel it never mattered
When I'm empty I'm quiet, findin myself fiendin to be fired
A broken safety, niggaz place me in shelves
under beds, so I beg for my next owner to be a thoroughbred
Keep me full up with hollow heads

[Chorus: Nas (repeat 2X)]

How you like me now? I go blaow
It's that shit that moves crowds makin every ghetto foul
I might have took your first child
Scarred your life, crippled your style
I gave you power
I made you buck wild

[Nas]
Always I'm in some shit, my abdomen is the clip
The barrel is my dick, uncircumcised
Pull my skin back and cock me, I bust off when they unlock me
Results of what happens to niggaz shock me
I see niggaz bleedin runnin from me in fear, stunningly tears
fall down the eyes of these so-called tough guys, for years
I've been used in robberies, givin niggaz heart to follow me
Placin peoples in graves, funerals made cause I was sprayed
I was laid in a shelf, with a grenade
Met a wrecked-up tech with numbers on his chest that say
Five-two-oh-nine-three-eight-five and zero
Had a serial defaced, hopin one day, police would place
where he came from, a name or some sort of person to claim him
Tired of murderin, made him wanna be a plain gun
But yo I had some other plans, like the next time the beef is on
I make myself jam right in my owner's hand

[Chorus]

[Nas]
Yo, weeks went by and I'm surprised
Still stuck in the shelf with all the things that an outlaw hides
Besides me it's bullets, two vests and then a nine
There's a grenade in a box, and that tech that kept cryin
Cause he ain't been cleaned in a year, he's rusty as clear
He's bout to fall to pieces, cause of his murder career
Yo, I can hear somebody comin in, open the shelf
His eyes bubblin, he said, "It was on"
I felt his palm troubled him shakin
Somebody stomped him out, his dome was achin
He placed me on his waist, the moment I've been waitin
My creation was for blacks to kill blacks
It's gats like me that accidentally, go off, makin niggaz memories
But this time, it's done intentionally
He walked me outside, saw this cat
Cocked me back, said, "Remember me?"
He pulled the trigger but I held on, it felt wrong
Knowing niggaz is waiting in hell for 'im
He squeezed harder, I didn't budge, sick of the blood
Sick of the thugs, sick of wrath of the, next man's grudge
What the other kid did was pull out, no doubt
A newer me in better shape, before he lit out, he lead the chase
My owner fell to the floor, his wig split so fast
I didn't know he was hit, it's over with
Heard mad niggaz screamin, niggaz runnin, cops is comin
Now I'm happy, until I felt somebody else grab me
Damn!

4 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Charmingrascal(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2020
"Yemi Alade was looking for journey cos walker/worker had to walk/work" ~ Vector (King kong rmx)

I was like WTF!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.