Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs (51240 Views)

Top Afro (juju) And Highlife Musicians In Nigeria / Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by tayoccu(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
And op left eedris out
With all his “miggidy wiggidy jiggidy...”
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Jayventures: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rema is the Don of wack lyrics
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Kennyswag: 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
MY BEST SONG TILL DATE IS PANDA BY DESIIGNER.. THAT GUY KILLED THAT SONG.. FOLLOWED BY LEGACY BY EMINEM..
PANDA AND LEGACY ARE MY BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME..
I PLAY THEM EVERYDAY
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by JastSiryin(m): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Commentor:

Ok you've won.

All I know is that in 1999 , chickennhead was the term.
Yay! cheesy... Well you may be right. But that, I think is what makes music innovative. And now, shortening words that don't even have a short form is a common feature in many songs.

Just looked up the Montell Jordan dude. I'd never known he was the one behind the song "This is how we do it" shocked. Can't remember listening to the song in my childhood. Had only known it as the theme song of the "Howie Do It" show. It's really nice what one could learn from people, so, thank you "Mr. Classic Man" wink

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by cruzydal(m): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Harkstetunz:
Davido said "when I look into your eyes all I see is your waist" in DG featuring Summer Walker.

I find that funny
Guy that line still dey burst my head till now . How will u see a lady’s waist in her eyes ? That’s Dumb AF

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by litathom(m): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
I put kerosene in my limousine.

grin grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by eyizlive(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jayy10:
How did Wizkid not make that list?
Listen to "Zombie" : Say I will always do you WRONG, I'll never do RIGHT.... " . He seemed to have mumbled a few words after that line, when he had probably noticed his error.
Aswear I remember that part LWKMD...himself know say him don fuc up
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by rahztafari(m): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
blowjohn:
Trashy write up.
Especially the coldplay part.
Rock songs are for the discerning.
U cant be rocking davido all ur life and switch to coldplay or arcade fire or R.E.M etc.
If dead bones can come to life then what is so difficult in understanding how bones become ignited?
Besides who told the OP that its coldplay is the one taking about guiding the person home?
If u cant understand common coldplay songs , how would u understand arcade fire, U2, the Radiohead? Etc

How would u even understand Nas? Or cormega or AZ or jada kiss?

No mind the idiot op

How will you put an alternative music with gbas gbos lyrics?

Even the line there is easy to understand.

And whats with the Soapy line sef?? Op no dey hear music walahi. Naira Marley's got more useless lines than that. That particular line is even simple to understand.

Upcoming lazy bloggers. Simple research, they will not do. Tueh

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Legendguru: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
None are punchlines just irrelevant lyrics
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by yuh2(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mode 9

"on point rhyming steady punchlining, I'm a big fish in a small aquarium"
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Jidenna20: 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Ok you've won.

All I know is that in 1999 , chickennhead was the term.
[/s]
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by emsco(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Yemi Alade, Tekno and Rema should make the list. Rema song " Lady" has your body sweet pass hot Eba.
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by dragunov: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Mumu post...
music is about rythm & tunes, no one really gives a heck bout em lyrics...

More so, Music is a language of its own, Music is Art that corronates different views...

You are wrong. For good music, good lyrics matter. But for bad music, like we find abundantly in and among yahooyahoo generation, it doesn't.

You portray music in a parochial perspective.

3 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Jidenna20: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

I know what tricking is.

Montell Jordan's lyrics make no sense.

You've never come across the word chicken used to describe a loose girl but chickenhead.

Try as you may, that aspect is wack.
[/s]
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by charlesm91(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
cooljoe:
Dr Dre 'Never let me slip, 'cause if I slip, then I'm slippin' from the hot jam, Nutn but a G tang
the verse before that made a reference to Snoop linking this verse you put up there, meaning dre talks about how close his friendship is with Snoop. That’s how i see it.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by charlesm91(m): 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
For me there’s no beating that line from Dbanj:” from Lagos to London she shake her bumbum” grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by OdenKelechi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Just leave "fix you" out of this abeg. It has better lyrics than 80% of Nigerian songs combined
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by davido91(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
And that is why most Naija songs are crap. Who says that no one cares?

SouthNigerian:
Mumu post...
music is about rythm & tunes, no one really gives a heck bout em lyrics...

More so, Music is a language of its own, Music is Art that corronates different views...

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bolubillions:
I love Dont stop me now though. “Im a rocket ship on my way to marsss on a collison course” im a sex machine ready to reloaddd
I swear grin "burning 2000 degrees that's why they call me Mr Fahrenheit".
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bolubillions:
I love Dont stop me now though. “Im a rocket ship on my way to marsss on a collison course” im a sex machine ready to reloaddd
I swear grin "burning through the sky yeah 2000 degrees that's why they call me Mr Fahrenheit".
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by okpmoses: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Amaka body sweet pass hot Eba���
Take banana till you go yo�
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Equity15(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Charmingrascal:
"Yemi Alade was looking for journey cos walker/worker had to walk/work"
~ Vector (King kong rmx)

I was like WTF!
wait!!!! Bros,you mean this line doesn't make sense?

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by chinchonglee(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
genius43:

Let me add to best lyrics
Johnny Drille, ASA, Simi, Wurld, Odunsi the Engine, Chike, GoodGirl LA, Tems is also trying.
Yeah... U re righ!!
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Obakoolex(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Shout from Rema himself cool

Amaka body sweet pass hot eba grin grin grin

Instead make e say 'sweet pass ogede'
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Charmingrascal(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
Equity15:
wait!!!! Bros,you mean this line doesn't make sense?
Can u kindly analyze the sense in it for me and perhaps u can include how it is related to the theme of the song (King Kong)
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by NACE13: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
God, I still don't know how Rema came into limelight. Well, it is the craft of DonJazzy and many simpleton living in Nigeria accepting it.
I went to the story to get something and the song "Lady" by Rema was playing. The attendant was even singing along.
Please what is "Make I chook your socket, money dey my pocket". Or " Amaka body sweet pass Eba, Amaka wan turn me to epka, Shana wole to oti e ewa oo" or whatever gibberish he mumbled there.....

This OP is a lazy writer; You topic is captivating but your content is wack. Talk about irony

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by tidalstorm(m): 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
That Missy Elliot line make sense.
It means her ass is the bomb,
Comparing her ass to a Grenade, you remove the pin and it goes boom.

Op, remove Coldplay and Missy Elliot. Just add Rema on that list.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by hushdaddy: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
rabazamba:
grin If you likey Karatey I'll teach you Mathematics. What da fuq grin grin
Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by hushdaddy: 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
rabazamba:
grin If you likey Karatey I'll teach you Mathematics. What da fuq grin grin
lol did he say mathematics or mantis mantis �

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by zedman1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sermwell:

...and you that didn't study music is arguing with him. Do you know the meaning of poetic license in arts/music/poem?? please go and get some education about song writing/literature.
Ever since Nigerians gained access to the Internet, no matter how reasonable, intelligent or absolutely true any post is, there must always be that someone who would come to counter. I've not had someone come at me in a very long while online because I don't just post for the sake of posting but here you are. Mr Commissioner for music education, I neither argued with Tekno nor quoted you bro, read the topic of discussion, I might nod to some of his songs wholly because of his BEATS, but if Tekno's lines make sense to you please you both can carry your senses in peace and go please.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by ThatFairGuy: 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lakuku lala logbaye Jan, lakuku lala, lakuku lala, lakuku lala kulakula kulala- Killington grin grin grin Barrister is a sensible musician has regard his lines of music. Meanwhile, I'm just small boy cheesy. Listens to this then coz it's Mama's favourite
dayleke:
Ijo yoyo, ijo yoyo ooo - kollington

Shinamania da mi lohun, ese meji l'oke o,
Omoge shasha ma ma sha mi, to ba se mo, dawo pada,
- shina peters

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs by Dreason(m): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
achukuleke make you give me balance side scater your backa.lol
if you want good lyrics listen to phyno fyno

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video) / “I Win Big Brother, Them Wan Finish Me…” – Efe Says In His Latest Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.