Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed (1535 Views)

Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / Bella And Bob / Check Up The Mating Pix Of Bella Today,buy Her Now Or Wait Fr Her Pups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 1:54am On Jan 15, 2020
November last year, I got my first dog. A bitch I named Bella. Growing up, Bella was playful, eager to please and absolutely hated being left alone. I mean, I had no idea how dependent a dog could be on its owner. Immediately I leave the compound she'd start barking for hours on end and the neighbors were concerned that I was beating her. I just told them she wanted to follow me out. Lol. I got her at 6 weeks old and kept her with me inside my self con. It was not pretty at all. Never considered all the packing of shit that comes along with having a dog. But thankfully, I'm a neat freak. I bathe for her once every two days with tetmosol and dettol and I clean up wherever she needed up instantly.

Took her out to a field once and she was excited to see other people playing and she even wanted to follow another person home (weyrey lelyii o). I took a snapshot of her on that day at the field. I honestly think the picture is memeworthy ���

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2020
I feed her a lot of chicken. 2 kilos per week. And bingo and noodles mixed with chicken. But even at the age of 3 months +, she's still not as fat as I want her to be. She has long legs and big foot, but her bumbum is small �. Don't know if it's common with all dogs. Her chest is wide and her hips is narrow. She absolutely adores me and starts tugging at her chain immediately I get home. I left my self contain room and moved to a flat that same November so as to have more space for her. She has one annoying trait though. Whenever I come close to her to scratch her ear is something, she starts urinating. I do t know if it's out of excitement or it's because she's still small (3months +) but I don't like it. That's why I hardly let her enter the flat. She mostly stays in her cage when she's not roaming the compound. I have successfully taught her the "sit" command but that's as far as she listens. She's always so hyperactive and can't control her excitement when she sees me. I've been about 70% successful in potty training her. Once in the morning and once at night outside the compound. It only flops when I wake up late sometimes and she has already messed up her cage before I come out, or I feed her too late at night and she didnt go out before I go to sleep. I'm still working in that sha, but it would be great if she can just go to a corner of the compound where I poured sand and be using that place. Would make life so much easier for me. I don't really have a recent picture of her, I'll take one later today, but the one below is the latest one I have. She's eating macaronis, sweet corn and hot dogs.

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 2:25am On Jan 15, 2020
Now... Max. I got Max last week. Max is a 4 weeks old GSD. Omo.. this dog has used my eyes to see shege. Yeee! I cannot leave this puppy alone for one minute or it will start crying and howling. It's terrible. My neighbours are too nice to complain but I can feel them getting angry lmao. I read online that while the puppy is crying at night, you should ignore it so it can learn. Omo... Max cried throughout the WHOLE NIGHT. It's a piercing scream that enters your head like nails. The whole street can hear it. I can hear it from the junction of our street. It's so fucking loud. He only stops crying when he comes to sit beside my leg. Tonight is the first night he's sleeping inside the flat. No crying at all. I guess he just doesn't like staying outside in the dark. He takes milk thrice a day and a small portion of what I feed bella. Bella DOES NOT like him. She tolerates him for the most part but when she thinks I'm not looking she starts jumping on him. She might be playing but their sizes are so disproportionate that it's like a truck and a keke napep. She doesn't like him coming near her food or water. She barks really loud and snaps at him as if to bite him when he does that. I was told that it will be like that for two weeks so I've made arrangements to put them at different places in the compound but within eyesight of each other. Whenever Bella comes for him, Max, as small as he is, pulls back his teeth and tries to bite her back while growling and snarling. But e no matter if e be boy. Bella is 10 times bigger than him and one swipe of her paw sends him tumbling. Lol.

My vet came to give him injection 3 days ago. A red liquid stuff. And immediately he received the injection, be started stumbling. I thought it was the pain but I opened his mouth to see that his tongue had gone white. I was scared but the vet said I should go and bring milk. When I brough the mill, I forced it's head down till it started drinking little by little till it finished it. After 30 minutes the colour of the tongue went back to normal. The Vet said he has low pvc and I should feed him as milk regularly. So he takes milk 3 times daily with his food.

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by IamAnderson(m): 3:01am On Jan 15, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:
November last year, I got my first dog. A bitch I named Bella. Growing up, Bella was playful, eager to please and absolutely hated being left alone. I mean, I had no idea how dependent a dog could be on its owner. Immediately I leave the compound she'd start barking for hours on end and the neighbors were concerned that I was beating her. I just told them she wanted to follow me out. Lol. I got her at 6 weeks old and kept her with me inside my self con. It was not pretty at all. Never considered all the packing of shit that comes along with having a dog. But thankfully, I'm a neat freak. I bathe for her once every two days with tetmosol and dettol and I clean up wherever she needed up instantly.

Took her out to a field once and she was excited to see other people playing and she even wanted to follow another person home (weyrey lelyii o). I took a snapshot of her on that day at the field. I honestly think the picture is memeworthy ���
cute dogs
I suggest you should stop bathing your dogs every two days with thetmosol and dettol, that's bad for them.
as much as you love them, they aren't humans and the same thing that is good for humans isn't what's good for dogs.
get dog shampoo for them and bathe them highest once a week.
if you continue like this, you're going to dry out and ruin their coats, they need the natural oil their coat produces and the frequent washing isn't helping.
also use dog shampoo and amitraz(this is for when they're older), instead of thetmosol and dettol, it's going to help them more.
dogs do not need medicated soap or antiseptic, the chemicals in it do more harm than good on their coats and skin.
they can cause reactions, drying and breaking of fur and excess shedding.
goodluck with your beautiful puppies wink

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by pnarthanyl: 3:34am On Jan 15, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:
I feed her a lot of chicken. 2 kilos per week. And bingo and noodles mixed with chicken. But even at the age of 3 months +, she's still not as fat as I want her to be. She has long legs and big foot, but her bumbum is small �. Don't know if it's common with all dogs. Her chest is wide and her hips is narrow. She absolutely adores me and starts tugging at her chain immediately I get home. I left my self contain room and moved to a flat that same November so as to have more space for her. She has one annoying trait though. Whenever I come close to her to scratch her ear is something, she starts urinating. I do t know if it's out of excitement or it's because she's still small (3months +) but I don't like it. That's why I hardly let her enter the flat. She mostly stays in her cage when she's not roaming the compound. I have successfully taught her the "sit" command but that's as far as she listens. She's always so hyperactive and can't control her excitement when she sees me. I've been about 70% successful in potty training her. Once in the morning and once at night outside the compound. It only flops when I wake up late sometimes and she has already messed up her cage before I come out, or I feed her too late at night and she didnt go out before I go to sleep. I'm still working in that sha, but it would be great if she can just go to a corner of the compound where I poured sand and be using that place. Would make life so much easier for me. I don't really have a recent picture of her, I'll take one later today, but the one below is the latest one I have. She's eating macaronis, sweet corn and hot dogs.
your dog pees cos she's over excited and still a puppy. My rott will be 8 months soon she has the appetite of a lizard.. She won't eat at all. She's skinny and short. Back to your dog's excitement, you'll need to calm her down don't try to trigger her the next time you see are.. Just rub her head. The more excited you are the more she is. The older she gets the lesser the excitement
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by Taystee: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:

Do not bathe your pup with tetmosol and dettol is bad,make use of puppy shampoo and bathe once in every month and not once every two days, you will damage her skin,but once you bathe your dog once in every month it keeps the skin oily,dogs are different from humans .
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 1:10am On Jan 16, 2020
Will do, thanks for the advice
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 1:11am On Jan 16, 2020
pnarthanyl:
your dog pees cos she's over excited and still a puppy. My rott will be 8 months soon she has the appetite of a lizard.. She won't eat at all. She's skinny and short. Back to your dog's excitement, you'll need to calm her down don't try to trigger her the next time you see are.. Just rub her head. The more excited you are the more she is. The older she gets the lesser the excitement

Lol. Noted. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 1:11am On Jan 16, 2020
IamAnderson:

cute dogs
I suggest you should stop bathing your dogs every two days with thetmosol and dettol, that's bad for them.
as much as you love them, they aren't humans and the same thing that is good for humans isn't what's good for dogs.
get dog shampoo for them and bathe them highest once a week.
if you continue like this, you're going to dry out and ruin their coats, they need the natural oil their coat produces and the frequent washing isn't helping.
also use dog shampoo and amitraz(this is for when they're older), instead of thetmosol and dettol, it's going to help them more.
dogs do not need medicated soap or antiseptic, the chemicals in it do more harm than good on their coats and skin.
they can cause reactions, drying and breaking of fur and excess shedding.
goodluck with your beautiful puppies wink

Amazing insights. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 3:57pm On May 12, 2020
So Bella had her first heat last month. My baby girl is becoming a bad bitch. Lol. Max is getting bigger everyday. He's about 3 months now. They have very different behaviours.

Bella is always hyper. Jumping and running and always the first to check out anything new. Max is the opposite. Careful and watches before he takes an action. If there's an intruder, Bella will run off to go and challenge while max will lie down like a lion hiding in the bushes. When the person gets close he'll jump out to attack. Lol.

Both of them love me. It's very obvious, although Bella gets jealous when I cuddle Max. I had to start disciplining them early last month because they were becoming unruly. Popping where they shouldn't and deliberately ignoring my commands. I had never disciplined them before then, but someone told.me I had to or I'll.keep facing problem with them. And since I started, they don't poo where they shouldn't and are generally respectful. Except that Max. He's stubborn asf. And if you flog him, he won't cry or make a sound. He'll just be looking at you like "Keep wasting your time it can't pain me". That thing dey vex Gaan lmao.

I take them out early in the morning to do their business outside, in the afternoon around 1pm and in the evening around 5 and 7. The success rate is about 70% as sometimes they poo in the cage. Max mostly does that. Bella is trained and obedient and so so attentive. She know what's wrong and what's right. Very smart dog. But Max ehn, stubborn motherfucker. He's too intelligent. I can see it in his eyes. It's like he deliberately goes out of his way to vex me. Mtchw. I sha love him sha.

I feed them chicken mix mixed with manna and fish mix and noodles. Once a day. And a bowl of booster biscuits. At the end of the month, I go to buy chicken bum bum 4kg for them to eat. They finish it in 3 days.

Max is hairier than Bella and he walks with a kind of swagger like he's bouncing when he's walking. Lol. Even though he's smaller in size than Bella, he weighs the same. And he's stronger. Although Bella punishes him frequently when he passes his boundary, he fights back sometimes. But he always loses. ���

Max has tried climbing Bella a few times.. but she bites him.till he stops. Her next heat will be in October and by then Max will be big enough for Stud.

I'm thinking of adding a Caucasian and a Boerbel to my pack, but not till I move out of this place.

They're great guard dogs, super alert, and very loud. I can sleep.safely at night because I know they watch over me. They still look like.puppies to me but the people in the street have started calling me Brother Alaja. I don't mind. When I pass with the dogs, they run. I hardly chain them. Mostly just put them in the cage and they come out to.play whenever I take them.out to toilet.

I'll update this thread in a few months on their progress.

That reminds me, they both got Parvo, and they survived it. It was hell for me. I thought Bella would die. She was so so lean. Blood stool for a week. I almost cried for joy when she started eating solid food again. Max on the other hand, nothing changed. The only thing that made me know that he had Parvo was the smell and watery stool. He still kept eating although the vet came to give him treatment daily. But withing 4 days he was better. I don't know what kind of witch craft that he has in his body.

Anyways, these are their recent pictures

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by Specialjoe(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2020
Nice dogs you have there.I luv max
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by Mokelu: 9:45pm On May 12, 2020
Lovely looking dogs
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by Helena2677(f): 5:09am On May 15, 2020
I really like this forum,there are so many professional knowledge about poultry business, as a stable supplier of poultry equipment, this will help our customers to develop their business. we provide one-stop shop solution for poultry business if you want to get some personal article of this field, you can browse our website www.hightoppoultry.com and www.china-chickencage.com.
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 8:16pm On May 16, 2020
Mokelu:
Lovely looking dogs

Thanks
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by Mokelu: 8:22am On May 17, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:

Thanks

You're welcome
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2020
Max is now a big boy. Bella just can't stop eating Lol.

Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by HawnsgistMedia: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
grin
Re: Diary Of Bella And Max... Starcrossed by wizi44(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:
Max is now a big boy. Bella just can't stop eating Lol.
awwww.... They are so cute, but did you buy more dogs, if yes, introduce them to nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Identifying This Dog Breed / Caucasian Battles And Kills 2 Wolves / Pure Breed Boerboel Puppies For Giveaway Sales!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.