Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,674 members, 7,854,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse (884 Views)

MMM Announces A “RESTART. Nigerians Weep / MMM Has Crashed Again: The Secret Behind The Ponzi [exposed] / My Advice To Those Still Into MMM.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by prof2007: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2020
Time they say, heals all wounds but does not erase all scars. These indelible scars remain constant reminders of the past and serve either as inspiration or warning to avoid repeating certain mistakes.

The experience of many Nigerians with the Mavrodi Mondial Movement (MMM) ponzi scheme is far from over. The scheme, with subsidiaries in up to 110 countries, was first launched in Nigeria in 2016. In January 2017, Sergey Mavrodi, founder of MMM, announced that all Nigerian accounts from 2016 would be frozen, asking that they pay some money into the system before they can cash out their prior investments.

That was the first time the company would fail with its return plans, subjecting many Nigerians to hardship. Some even commited suicide. The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) later announced that an estimated 3 million Nigerians lost N18 billion to MMM.

Recounting his experience, a Twitter user, @mrmikerezzy, said January 11 made it “4 years that MMM made me faint inside one Nkwobi Joint like that”.

Mike’s tweet elicited reactions from other Nigerians who had similar experiences. Replying to Mike’s tweet, @OmideyiOlaide, another Twitter user, said the scheme crashed 2 days after his neighbour’s wife invested the family’s feeding allowance for the month in it.

Another person said he lost N300,000 but smiled when he learnt his friend’s mother lost N3 million.

Below are the experiences shared by some Nigerians:

Today will make it 4 years MMM made me faint inside one Nkwobi Joint like that �
— MIKE (@mrmikerezzy) January 11, 2020

I Lost 300K , But When I Think Of My Friend's Mom Who Lost 3M, I Just Smile
— POSTINOR 2 (@Henrymorgan_Nwh) January 11, 2020

My neighbour's wife used their feeding allowance do MMM and 2 days later, it collapsed. They almost ate grass that month. The husband was too shocked because the woman was a 'prayer warrior' in their church.
— Olaide Abdulmummini Omideyi (@OmideyiOlaide) January 11, 2020

E dy slap harder when person dy broke
— MIKE (@mrmikerezzy) January 11, 2020

Those bastards nearly finished my Life. But by the grace of God we move on
— victor (@vikem4me) January 12, 2020

pls don't remind me. I used all my savings I came to Lagos with to get an apartment and start a new life went down with it. It wasn't easy as I nearly ran mad. Friends started showing me shege but to God be the glory we don't look like what we've been through.
— �@meldireal⚜️ (@meldireal) January 12, 2020

������ me too my first 20k I ever saved in my life, entered there and never made it out alive.The kind of heart break .����
— Mirabel Oghenekaro (@mirabelivy) January 12, 2020

Lucky guy
— MIKE (@mrmikerezzy) January 12, 2020

My neighbor wey Dem settle newly then carry em settlement money take do mmm….Kai..it wasn't funny then at all.
— ujunwa kamsy (@UjunwaKamsy) January 12, 2020

I was eating Christmas meat that year. E no sweet. It was doing me somehow.
Since that day I swore I would never be scammed again in my life
— Lord X (@vhatNiccur) January 12, 2020

Late dad gave me R550 as a birthday � in Dec'95 & immediately introduced me to Sun Multi Serve.
Was yet to be paid out yet called it his SMS & urged ME to push him up the ladder just like? �
— Mots-wana_tswi… (@Oag_Whagha) January 11, 2020

The scheme announced that it was shutting down in April 2018 following the demise of Mavrodi who died from a heart attack.

SOURCE: https://www.thecable.ng/i-almost-died-nigerians-recall-mmm-horror-tales-four-years-after-collapse
Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 15, 2020
I foresaw it made millions and escaped a month before anything happen.

Thank you mmm
Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by vertueptime: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2020
Good for greedy nigerians
Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by SimDan95(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2020
t
Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by Authoreety: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2020
They were all warned to desist from the scheme...

No participant will deny that...

But we are so too-greedy
Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by Healthyway15: 9:23am On Jan 15, 2020
How you feel when you didn't fall victims of MMM.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by davillian(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
I had #100k to run mmm but I split it into two and used 50k
I got my money and profit
But before I could use my #100k + profit the thing collapsed
I was just lucky grin
Re: Nigerians Recall MMM Horror Tales 3 Years After Collapse by Ryan03(f): 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
I was too broke then to even invest 5k in the stuff, maybe I for fall victim

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience On Bike Logistics In Lagos / Make Millons Selling Stc 30 / Earn $1000 Worth Of Gram Token

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.