Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Can Women Teach Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Women Teach Men? (247 Views)

See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos / Can Women Teach Or Preach In The Church? / Teach Me Warfare Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Women Teach Men? by AntiChristian: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Let's see what the Bible says about women being able to teach men:

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

The Bible says that women should not teach men. She must remain in silence to learn from men but not teach them.

John Gill says in his commentary of this verse...

but then women are not to teach in the church; for that is an act of power and authority, and supposes the persons that teach to be of a superior degree, and in a superior office, and to have superior abilities to those who are taught by them: (John Gill's Exposition of the Bible, Commentary on 1 Timothy 2:12,)

So John Gill is saying that women should not be teaching men because then that would give them a superior degree over men. So does that mean that since men are allowed to teach women that implies that they have a superior degree over the women?

The first argument, why it is not lawful for women to teach in the congregation, because by this means they would be placed above men, for they would be their masters: and this is against God's ordinance. (Geneva Study Bible, Commentary on 1 Timothy 2:12,)

So does that mean that men are the "masters" of women because they can teach them?
Re: Can Women Teach Men? by onlyinJESUS: 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello, I agree with John Gill. Are you a Christian?
Re: Can Women Teach Men? by WinningEleven(m): 8:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
onlyinJESUS:
Hello, I agree with John Gill. Are you a Christian?
His moniker says it all
Avoid his threads pls

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To Christian Association Of Nigeria / Suicide Bomber Caught With Explosive In Kaduna Church / Let This Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.