Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

#JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers (58890 Views)

2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics / Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / Man Who Rapes People's Wives In Delta, Caught, Tied & Almost Tortured To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Mophasa(m): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2020
#justiceForChima is trending number one on Nigeria Twitter but it's not yet on front page because it's not Bobrisky or Tacha .

God help us

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Blazebond(m): 10:07am On Jan 17, 2020
So many innocent people are in police cells and prisons in Nigeria right now as we speak and write,this story is a perfect illustration of the evils that is associated with the Nigerian police,I am happy that the case is out in the open,the media exposure will give the innocent men justice,R.I.P chima.

5 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by RedEagle: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2020
Can we make this story get on NairaLand front page?

#JusticeForChima

Our police and justice system is too bad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Mophasa(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2020
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Please we need justice for Chima, let's take this to the promised land for the world to see it

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Flexherbal(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2020
So sad !

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 10:32am On Jan 17, 2020
Arofallenangel:
So that means all those people the police say are 'now at large' actually means they are dead,killed by the police.

Banana Republic.

Exactly what came to my head when I read that part anoda meaning for at large is He died in our custody while torturing him.

7 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by cidieschat(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2020
The problem here is, 5 boys testing two cars.. The police in diobu won't see that ordinary, and the two cars are on a one way lane? There was an offence... Rip to the dead

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by GlassDoctor1: 11:18am On Jan 17, 2020
This is an interesting thread and I believe the readers have learnt their lessons from the author's point of view. I myself I have learnt my my own lesson too. But which lesson can ever be better than the one below this comment you just read right now? Huh?

If you have a crack on your windscreen and you want to get it repaired and stopped, feel free to WhatsApp me on the numbers on my signature. Cracks on windshield are repairable through a scientifically proven method involving UV-aided technology. Having repaired over 7000 windshields with 6yesrs experience in Autoglass work, you will be making no mistakes by contacting me.
Send pictures of the damage to me on WhatsApp for proper assessment and evaluation of cost of repair.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Globalupdate: 11:18am On Jan 17, 2020
God help Nigeria.
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by baillers123: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2020
Police and killing ehh. May his soul rest in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Businext: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2020
Did you read the part that the police said the Chima they killed is at large? shocked
That telling the lawyer where he was buried is classified?
Never argue with a man with gun and license to kill crykill
They can say the man was trying to escape, trying to overpower them, and all other strange stories that would fly in court sadly crysadly
#SayNoToPoliceBrutality
#JusticeForChima

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Viking007(m): 11:32am On Jan 17, 2020
Hmm! Please leave this country if you can.

6 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Flame4chi(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2020
Please this should be moved to the front page. This is too bad. It could be anybody. cry cry

We've lost our conscience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by alexola20(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2020
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by lucky4west: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2020
i'm just confused, tired,angry,mad, and weak at the same time, what sort a country is this? what kind of law enforcement agents do we have in this good forsaken country? what lawlessness, setting poor folks up for pecuniary gains, just because you want to celebrate Christmas-Christ that you certainly do not know....damn!

8 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by okeyglm: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2020
worst part of this zoo is that nothing will happen to the killers. they will still carry more killings nothing will happen. spit on the zoo police.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by madridsta007(m): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2020
Kingosytex:
What a pathetic story!

How did we get to this stage that human lives mean little or nothing to us?

How could we allow greed and love for money destroy our conscience?

I was almost in tears as I read through the write-up. The impunity in the police force is sickening. The police aren't and can never be your friend. The police are the real enemies.
Those that took part in this crime will meet their Waterloo soon.

RIP to the deceased!!!!!I pray that those in the prison will get a helping hand.

I pray that the will of God be done.

When impunity reigns, this sort of thing happens my friend.
In a democracy, or any system of governance, upholding of the law is what keeps the inner devils of people in check.
Once that law collapses, chaos and anarchy prevails.

That is why the US political system for all its faults, are and can hold its President to account when they feel he has broken the law.

That is why in the UK, a police detective could solve a crime that was carried far back in 1957 and they will look for someone to convict. Dead or alive.
That is why, Paul Kagame's Rwanda has pursued ensuring that everyone who's taken part in the 1994 genocide gets some form of punishment by law.
The law isnt perfect and ensuring everyone is held account by the law is never perfect. But it should be seen to be widely done.
Sadly, this is not the case in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, already a failed state, the law is broken and even the government cherrypicks which law to obey.
It will trickle down to its institutions. Institutions like the police. SARS violence for instance. Did you see or hear this level of violence by a security institution during OBJ, Yar Adua or GEJ's government?
Not really.

This is how a society transforms itself into a failed state. When the law is largely disregarded by those who the citizens expect to uphold it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by livebyday(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2020
Nigeria is at the tilt

I worry for what might ignite a catastrophic roit and mass attacks on the police at any moment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by crestedaguiyi: 11:36am On Jan 17, 2020
The same mile 1 police station officers threatened to shoot me last year if i dont give them 30% of my account balance which they saw by forcefully accessing my phone.

i ended up paying 60k for having a fake vehicle licence which i payed someone to do at the secretariat not knowing it was fake.

Those guys have killed too many innocent souls.

10 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by adecz: 11:36am On Jan 17, 2020
The whole members in that
station should all be redeployed
to Maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Kaycee54321(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2020
I will never give birth in Nigeria. It's a mortal sin to my children unborn. They'll remain as sperm cells and eggs in the ovary till I exit this curse of a country.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by kennydora: 11:39am On Jan 17, 2020
May God expose those criminals

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by RaptorX: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2020
There is something wrong with this Nigerian mentality of carrying soldiers to police stations to settle what are purely civil disputes.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Starboytwo(m): 11:42am On Jan 17, 2020
Sad story, I wish there was a place we could verify and take actions on the story
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Gwagone: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2020
I and my dad on our way to osun from Lagos, getting to ibadan iwo road, these black dogs stopped us and started asking foolish and irrelevant questions like tented glass permit, which sienna car did not have a tented glass? So the driver asked one of the black dogs to check the papers with him to check if it's there and the next thing is to slap the driver. The driver got angry and told him not to try it again, even right in the presence of my dad(elderly man). Las las, they apologized to us and we left their presence.
We are in a country where police is no longer ones friend but task collectors
Rip to chima
So painful

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by andyanders: 11:44am On Jan 17, 2020
Never see a police man and feel that you have seen a human being. They have no concience. They are Official Armed Robbers empowered by the government to rob and kill. God will surely reward them.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by sanemind2(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2020
Chai
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Augustine1998: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2020
My young brother was accused and arrested the other day. For no good reason, rather because the person has connection and money. Then I realized that Nigeria is not a better place for living. Whether, u are rich or poor. One day u will amazed, by how they will accuse u. Just for monitory purpose. The worst part of it Is that Nigeria police are one of major earners in Nigeria. The least police man earns at least 50 or 60k monthly
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Cti28(m): 11:46am On Jan 17, 2020
It is finished. What breed of humans do we have in this country? Heartless, wicked, greedy, hateful, tribalistic e. t.c or rather far below they cadres in the animal kingdom.

Should I equate this barbaric act by the Police to that of an animal, for instance the Lion. It will be an insult to them, because a Lion will not grusomely murder it's kind in such a manner. If I should call them beast, it is still not enough, those men are "dignified wickedness", " unquantified evil" and " overwhelmingly heartless" . It was the same attitude exhibited by men in Genesis 6, which prompted God to destroy that generation.

It is finished, Nigeria has gone beyond redemption. Politicians on one hand, the police the military, herds men, Boko Haram, fake goods, nepotism, malpractice , bribery, e.t.c has bedeviled this country. I weep for Nigeria.

Please take note, the police are worst than armed robbers, never argue with them, never drag anything with them, they are "monsters" I. Human flesh . While praying, use this word from Mathew 6:13 " but deliver us from evil" While praying make sure you say "deliver us from Nigerian police"

#Justice for Chima

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Beats And Butchers His Baby Mama Over Food In Imo (Graphic Pics) / Girl Caught After Stealing Money From Woman's Account Through ATM. Photos / List Of 8 People Killed By SARS (Brief Biography And Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.