Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' (63424 Views)

UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Wode Maya: Namibia Is The Dubai Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by nanauju(f): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2020
HarryDuce:
Typical Nigerian self-importance mentality. Ignorance is truly bliss.
Wode Maya travels to different countries mostly in Africa to show the positives. Trust a Nigerian to think upsidedown.

Abeg go and sit down with your inferiority complex. Whenever you guys hear Nigerians u instantly pee in your pants, trembling at your low self esteem. You rely on Nigeria for your basic survival but act like you damn good. Y'all should choke on your Ghanaian prick while wobbling it down ur filthy throat
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Firstcitizen: 10:50am On Jan 17, 2020
lanrex101:
Guy you just slip. Wode Maya has visited many countries in Africa and even traveled across the globe. I am one his is YouTube subscribers and I can testify that he is an International guy.

So because his is well travelled means Ghana is no longer a rural area compared to Nigeria. Abeg shift comot. ITK
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Russianlord101(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2020
This one want to use us to blow
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Ekemeze: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2020
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Solacemk: 10:52am On Jan 17, 2020
I was having this mentality of Nigeria been the Stupid country on Earth. But as i traveled outside Nigeria for studies i realized Nigeria is the best in anything. You'll think may be I'm just making mouth. Pls stop abusing Nigeria. Travel and explore. You'll realize we're blessed. I swear! Naija is the best. And Nigerians are the bes, i know we have our own issues likewise the other countries out there. I studied CS in Turkey. And i've visited many countries (Germany, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan) i can tell u whenever i land in naija i just felt like I'm liberated.
God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Seebrian(m): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2020
I don't know what people gain in painting our dear country in bad light. The annoying part is that most of them are Nigerians. If only they know they are doing themselves disadvantage, they won't be saying those trash. Maya you are highly welcome to the land of beauty and endless opportunities. You are indeed doing a good job and keep all the African flags flying. Your patriotism will never go unrewarded.

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by achimotan(m): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2020
nanauju:
These Ghanaians are funny people. Anytime they want to get attention they start looking for Nigeria

you are ignoramus. This guy has visited many countries in africa such as Rwanda,Tanzania Liberia, Zambia etc. so stop spewing TRASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15q8CzNVcnU&t=64s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xR7DZ6lU48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPk-_iVPZTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DJGACoI2Sg&t=14s

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Ekemeze: 10:56am On Jan 17, 2020
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Seebrian(m): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2020
I don't know what people gain in painting our dear country in bad light. The annoying part is that most of them are Nigerians. If only they know they are doing themselves disservice, they won't be saying those trash. Maya you are highly welcome to the land of beauty and endless opportunities. You are indeed doing a good job and keep all the African flags flying. Your patriotism will never go unrewarded.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by thundafire: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2020
Wolgrace:
Awwww... I'm blushing. Go round well and confirm further
all dis Ghanaians day only Lagos is more developed than Ghana as a country
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by nanauju(f): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2020
achimotan:

you are ignoramus. This guy has visited many countries in africa such as Rwanda,Tanzania Liberia, Zambia etc. so stop spewing TRASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15q8CzNVcnU&t=64s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xR7DZ6lU48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPk-_iVPZTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DJGACoI2Sg&t=14s

Demented old fo.ol
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by babyfaceafrica: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2020
BreconHills:

Not completely true. Certainly if you look at Europe the Middle ages or some call it Dark Ages lasted from the 5th Century to the 15th Century. That is a heck of a lot of time! But we could have leapfrogged all this in the same way Dubai and Singapore have done so why havent we?

The main reason is we are a country with an extraordinarily high friction rate. It's dmifficult getting things done but we a lot of this friction owes to the fact that you have over 50 different nationalities bunged up together with differing views, outlooks and culture. Friction filled tribal relationships have not helped.

But why am I so hopeful.

An entirely new country is being built around human capital, technology and innovation. Nigeria is the clear leader in numbers of innovation hubs, tech funding is huge and most of it is local. The new wealth isnt crude oil but people. Why isnt it changing things? Well, a lot of graduates are badly educated but entitled. They want the old economy where you go and work in a company or they become life coaches spreading ignorance and narrow perspectives in their trail. They wont get it. It's gone, dead, kaput!

Sure weve had horrid leaders but that doesnt completely explain why we are where we are. I wont go into that.

But we have made progress - huge progress. Think of Nigeria 30 years ago with an archaic telecoms system, low bandwidth, relying on 100% fossil fueled domestic energy, ( today some of us are off grid using solar), crumbling state schools and almost no private hospital system. There was no HMO, international travel was restricted to very few privileged people and income mobility was extremely narrow. Today there has been progress, not as much as we would have liked

Initial progress in any country like Nigeria is private sector led. The malls are redefining shopping, cinemas lifestyle, payment systems are creating frictionless transactions and housing developments are moving from grand luxury to income directed accomodation. You no longer need to know the bank manager to access credit.
What needs to happen is that Government needs to expand opportunities for private sector by opening up the country with rail and motorways. This is exactly what is happening.

I am a pre independence person so heck I might not see as much of the future as the really young people but believe me you are staring at a much brighter horizon than say 40 years ago. But it wont come on a plat you have to know your sectors and build the appropriate skills and networks.

Long reply. But what the..

thanks
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by babyfaceafrica: 11:01am On Jan 17, 2020
kay29000:

"In real life we don't really see igbos and yorubas you fighting up and down."

Lol. That's because they hide how they feel. Nairaland is the perfect representation of how Nigerians really feel. This is a faceless forum, so people can express how they truly feel.
you are right and wrong, people can also say what they don't mean in a faceless forum
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by SEGLIZ: 11:03am On Jan 17, 2020
Starboytwo:
awon padi mi ton Shay BBQ, hahaha, I never hear that one before ooo, crazy people full this country, abeg I no wan laugh today, I never pay nepa bill...

abi now wetin we go do #INSIDELIFE, immediately you enter nairaland all the worries are gone.
wey you just kark like that jeje dey observe proceedings like Chief Invigilator na someone go provoke you but before you reply another one show face dey make you laugh.
irrespective of nairaland growing nuisance by the day it still retain some atoms of value. for you go forget nepa bill till you exit the land.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by HarryDuce(m): 11:05am On Jan 17, 2020
nanauju:

Abeg go and sit down with your inferiority complex. Whenever you guys hear Nigerians u instantly pee in your pants, trembling at your low self esteem. You rely on Nigeria for your basic survival but act like you damn good. Y'all should choke on your Ghanaian prick while wobbling it down ur filthy throat
It's best to check for the meaning of words before using them.
This display of low IQ on your part does not surprise me in anyway; talking about unimportant rubbish is the norm when your brain cells cannot fathom a life devoid of petty foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by kay29000(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
you are right and wrong, people can also say what they don't mean in a faceless forum

Bro, the truth is bitter, but it doesn't stop it from being the truth. Even on Facebook, go and read political topics and see how Yoruba and Igbo people fight and abuse themselves.

A typical Igbo person doesn't like a Yoruba person. Isn't it on this same forum we read about a couple that beat their teanage daughter to death for dating and having a baby for a Yoruba guy? Even though Yoruba men and women still marry Igbo people, how many igbo men have you personally seen marrying Yoruba women? Peter of P Square did it, and it ended up breaking up the group...till this day, his brothers still hate him for that move.

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2020
Sure sir.

thundafire:
all dis Ghanaians day only Lagos is more developed than Ghana as a country
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by esthervera(f): 11:15am On Jan 17, 2020
Good u see it urslf,Nigeria is like heaven on earth����
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by achimotan(m): 11:15am On Jan 17, 2020
nanauju:

Demented old fo.ol

You are an imbecil.e
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Sirwallace(m): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
Waoooooow, the guy even sanged our national item

Dominique come and see our brother o

The dude really 'sanged' our national anthem.
RIP English.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Chayson: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
post=85866119:

One Love Chief.
Expect something great before the end of the day wink
#JustBelieve
[/s]
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by LegoxMetahuman: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2020
Neoteny:
*stares

*Kpow!

*You slapped me?

*Stares

*Marry me!

Only in Nigeria!!!
the look on the girl face after he said marry after receiving a dirty slap is legendary grin

the funniest part of the video.

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by LegoxMetahuman: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2020
Biodun556:

That's how some people found themselves in Libya as slaves and Europe as beggers.

Some countries in Europe and America cannot withstand Nigeria but some will never believe on till they enter the quagmire.

How will somebody leave this country and go to Cambodia? Lies and political propaganda are misleading Nigerians.
you said the whole truth my friend

the whole truth.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Jaqenhghar: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2020
fairfora:
We're not just giants for nothing. If not for leadership issues, we ought to be competing with some western countries by now in development

Its not just leadership issues. Its all of you collectively that your vision ends with your stomachs. How do you expect any leader to be different

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Jaqenhghar: 11:33am On Jan 17, 2020
Biodun556:

That's how some people found themselves in Libya as slaves and Europe as beggers.

Some countries in Europe and America cannot withstand Nigeria but some will never believe on till they enter the quagmire.

How will somebody leave this country and go to Cambodia? Lies and political propaganda are misleading Nigerians.
Name those countries please
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Preshiamadina: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2020
Rosskii:

Do you go round the whole Ghana before coming here to claim they are heaven on earth? How many of you hkave gone beyond Accra?

I have been to kwahu Abetifi mountain, kakum park , cape coast and obuasi
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Redman44(m): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2020
The whole picture of immigration into and life in Europe and North America was not given to Africans by the western media and our people who live in the white man's lands. On the other hand, the whole picture of life and living standards in African nations was not given to Europeans and Americans, Canadians, Australians etc by the same Western Media. Africans themselves do not know much about their countries apart from the States and Regions they live in or their States of Origin. Many Nigerians have not lived in or visited more than 3 Nigerian States in their lifetime. Everyone is at fault here. Africans prefer to go on holiday to Dubai or Florida when we have exotic countries like Cape Verde and Seychelles in Africa. Kenya and Tanzania also have good tourism spots. The truth is Africans don't value what they have. The Asians understand Africa better.

3 Likes

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by abeggnow: 11:37am On Jan 17, 2020
fairfora:
It still boils down to leadership. India and china go swallow naija population 3 times like kalokalo grin

Just go and see development in those countries. Their population is their strength but the reverse is the case here due to leadership woes.
bros for china yes its a coool country but India not so much.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by tammie24: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2020
fairfora:
It still boils down to leadership. India and china go swallow naija population 3 times like kalokalo grin

Just go and see development in those countries. Their population is their strength but the reverse is the case here due to leadership woes.
i agree
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by abdulkayus(m): 11:47am On Jan 17, 2020
martolux:
Let him go to the North na

FYI, some places e in the North are far more develop than some places in the south. Travel more and get educated

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Airpeace Embraer E195-E2 Jet Was On Display At The Dubaiairshow2019(photos) / Durban (south Africa) Picture Gallery: South Africa´s Third Largest City / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.