Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? (6164 Views)

10 Ways To Make A Woman Fall Madly In Love With You.. / How To Make Woman Fall Deeply In Love With You / Tips To Make That Lady,girl Or Woman Fall Madly In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by holliecat: 8:54am On Dec 07, 2010
Can an American woman fall in love with a Nigerian man? I would like to move to africa and be with this man. but is it right? Can we really make a life with each other?We talk via internet. I want to marry him, have kids with him. He wants me to move there. I am white. Can anyone tell me what to do?
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by racheal84(f): 9:00am On Dec 07, 2010
Yes of course! i am also white and married a nigerian man i met 3 years ago. Im not sure about moving to africa becuz it is harder there and way different then we live here in america. I visited there a few times. Its great to visit but to live? i honestly dont know if i could. Maybe if i had no other choice then i would so i could be with the man i love. But i wish you luck if you do. I know of a white woman who moved to Lagos to be with her husband since its so hard to get them here to usa.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by holliecat: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2010
Thank you so much. I met a man I truelly want to be with. But the move would be hard. I want the right decision. I also need to know the cultural difference. I don't want to make any mistakes.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by moonraker(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2010
can u add sugar to your tea

can you take medicine when your sick!!!

if you answer those two questions, you just answered your own question
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by kmoneyE(m): 10:16am On Dec 07, 2010
What is stopping you from falling and rolling in love for my 9ja brother~~ Nigerian mens are better lovers~~ we are tested and proven to be ideal and perfect husband~~~Yes you can move to Nigeria with him if you so desire that~~Nigeria is a lovely place to live~~You only need to identify where you want to reside** You will definately enjoy urself in Nigeria~~Good luck to you~
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by 190: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2010
Black British woMen NEVER fall in love with African men

They are the worst set of Women Gawd  created~ angry angry angry

They are phocking stingy and think everyone wanna date them cos of papers (TO HELL)

Dont know abt american women but they kant be that bad!!
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by kmoneyE(m): 10:38am On Dec 07, 2010
190 the ball is in your court smiley shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by Tinksh(f): 10:40am On Dec 07, 2010
Hey poster. There is no reason why you guys cant make it work. Learn each others culture and you will be fine. I wish you all good things.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by Tinksh(f): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2010
My dear 190, 'Black british men never fall in love with  African men' What the?
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by holliecat: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2010
SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE THAT. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION. I HAVE MINE.Is Nigeria safe for an American woman?
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by Tinksh(f): 10:45am On Dec 07, 2010
^^didnt like what??

I dont know if its safe for whites as ive never been there. I guess it depends what area you go to. I guess like most places there are areas to stay away from. Im sure the others who have experience there will answer that one for you.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by kmoneyE(m): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2010
holliecat:

SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE THAT. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION. I HAVE MINE.Is Nigeria safe for an American woman?

You should not base your life~ your happiness and joy on what people say or feel~~ I can assure you that you are making a right decision in a right direction**Nigeria knows to race or where you come from nigeria is safe for everybody irrespective of where they come from~~ this is GUARANTEE
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by holliecat: 10:52am On Dec 07, 2010
thnak you for the nice responses. i am hoping he will respect me more for wanting to get peoples opinions. any idea how hard it is to migrate to another country? i know america is a melting pot. but people leave america all the time too.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by MMM2(m): 11:08am On Dec 07, 2010
yea of course, every thing is impossible in de world is now left 4 de both of u.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by red100(f): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2010
Do you know him in person or just met him online? If you never met how can you be so sure that you want to spend your life with him? Why don't you go on holidays in Nigeria first to see how it is, get to know the culture and the people a bit better and then make any plans, visa arrangement, workwise, housing etc. Also be aware of some scams if yu met him online, I don't want to sound cynical but it's nothing wrong on being cautious and protecting yourself.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by Omolola1(f): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
Moi dear, come to Nigeria for a while, spend mayb a few wks to see if u can cope when u finally migrate
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by 190: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
Tink_sh:

My dear 190, 'Black british men never fall in love with African men' What the?

angry angry
grin grin grin

Tink, U have finally killed me!! grin grin
grin
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by tpia1: 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2010
190:

Black British woMen NEVER fall in love with African men

They are the worst set of Women Gawd  created~ angry angry angry

They are phocking stingy and think everyone wanna date them cos of papers (TO HELL)

Dont know abt american women but they kant be that bad!!

se o ya were ni?

are you stark raving mad?

is all this rubbish because you got a visa?
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by MrsEve2(f): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2010
holliecat:

Can an American woman fall in love with a Nigerian man? I would like to move to africa and be with this man. but is it right? Can we really make a life with each other?We talk via internet. I want to marry him, have kids with him. He wants me to move there. I am white. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Well, I appears you new! Welcome to Nairaland! cheesy Did you actually MEET this guy that you FELL in love with? I am not saying that you don't love him or he doesn't love you but alot of time people do fall in LUST with the idea of being with that person. Did you actually spend time with him after the introduction of Internet Dating?

Each case is different but most of the time people who NEVER meet each other seems to get more than what they asked for. The question still remains, did you ACTUALLY visit Nigeria? If you haven't then you will need to visit Nigeria so that YOU WILL KNOW if YOU CAN HANDLE NIGERIA. It a different culture and a whole ANOTHER uhmmmm "situation". Nigeria is agriculturally beautiful and it LIVELY FOR SURE, but if I was to MOVE TO NIGERIA, I wouldn't.

Now since your guy is Nigerian, he can move to Ghana which is similar to Nigeria less people, the laws favor women more, and it is more peaceful. That only if he can't come to USA or you can't move to Nigeria. Ghana favors America alot so you wouldn't have an issue going to Ghana being American.

Thank you for letting us know that you white undecided it has nothing to do with us. Just do what YOU FEEL AND Good luck! smiley
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by MrsEve2(f): 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2010
red100:

Do you know him in person or just met him online? If you never met how can you be so sure that you want to spend your life with him? Why don't you go on holidays in Nigeria first to see how it is, get to know the culture and the people a bit better and then make any plans, visa arrangement, workwise, housing etc. Also be aware of some scams if yu met him online, I don't want to sound cynical but it's nothing wrong on being cautious and protecting yourself.

Red, there is nothing wrong with what you said. I am sure her family is saying the same thing that you are saying. It good to be cautious when you meeting people online because NOT EVERYBODY IS HONEST AND HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS, we do not know the guy so we are not judging him, well I am not but be careful and ACTUALLY SPEND PHYSICAL time with him and his family as well. Do not just spend time with HIM, especially if you are marrying him. See how he treat the women in his family that will determine whether you should marry him or not. You do not want to marry someone that will give you a black eye if you add sugar to the fufu right? No, you wouldn't.

In the nutshell, get to know him OUTSIDE OF CYBER SPACE before you make your decision.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by kmoneyE(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
tpia1:

se o ya were ni?

are you stark raving mad?

is all this rubbish because you got a visa?

I have lost control laughing grin~~~ 190 are you the only one in this your UK cheesy*** I think there are other Nigerians living in the UK apart from you  grin~~

Your wahala too much.

Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by racheal84(f): 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
holliecat:

I think it just depends on the area, and ppl around. Im american (white also so i stuck out lol) and i didnt have a problem there any of the times i was there. Ppl were very friendly and very hospitable towards me. Ppl stared alot so i kinda felt uncomfortable because i dont like to be center of attention. . .but i guess africa shouldnt have been where i was then lol. But never mean to me. Good luck
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by ShyOne(f): 4:20am On Dec 14, 2010
I love my Yoruba man

But could I live in Nigeria?

No

They would kill me

Literally - I would be marked and I wouldn't give a "damn"

First of all the Lack of Electricity that you pay for - I would televise nationally to keep "Nigeria" in the Public Eye Nationally on that issue to straighten it out - that "mishlebach" - I would be shipping that to Obama's office every chance I got - I would constantly lobby the U.S. to place embargoes on Nigeria and the abuse the citizens take from the police force and the government officials in terms of "basic necessities."  I would LOBBY CONGRESS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN that the masses of Nigeria are suffering and the U.S. is "still sending Aid and collaborating with the corrupt Government"?!!!!

Also - I hear that generators are sold by government officials and/or those sales/warehouses/factories are said to be linked to those in power

Which is an obvious direct "conflict of interest" to STRAIGHTENING OUT THE ELECTRIC PROBLEM

I hear that the Electric Company is Government Owned - let's hope that isn't true because Nigeria looks to be absolutely something else - NOTHING SHORT OF REVOLUTION should occur with the outcome being "constant electricity without a one second interruption", costs of shipping and import/export fees lowered, a completely new police force overseen by 20 "local citizen's groups" that would determine duty, and pay

I would be videotaping and recording left and right inside government offices, the electric companies and transformer stations themselves - "paying employees off" to record documents and conversations and televising that every chance I got

Since I have serious issues with "corruption and abuse" which is generational to my family - my grandparents and parents are activists in the States

I would be marching every single day - and highlighting that issue because lack of electricity means no TV, no video/audio, no computer for any length of time, no workable washer or dryer, no lights, no hot water or cooking unless you go kerosene or gas - UTTERLY RIDICULOUS

I will take my last breath working on that issue - the "rich" have lights and the masses have to endure - I DON'T THINK SOO!!!

Every single time I think about it - the electric problem - I get irritated and I live in the States

And the different Presidents and governing officials have the damn nerve to show their face on camera to the world while eating, sipping, being well adorned - while my baby and his family members are sitting in the dark unless they have generators running 1/4 or less of the household.

So move to Nigeria to look at those scoundrels in charge?  Noooo, my blood boils and heart breaks when I think about it.  I cannot remember the last time we didn't have electricity - and the lights were out only for less than an hour if that.

The wealth in Nigeria is so massive that "not having electricity" should be a subject that "has never been experienced by anybody in that country."
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by livedit(f): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2010
Shy-One:

I love my Yoruba man

But could I live in Nigeria?

No

They would kill me

Literally - I would be marked and I wouldn't give a "damn"

First of all the Lack of Electricity that you pay for - I would televise nationally to keep "Nigeria" in the Public Eye Nationally on that issue to straighten it out - that "mishlebach" - I would be shipping that to Obama's office every chance I got - I would constantly lobby the U.S. to place embargoes on Nigeria and the abuse the citizens take from the police force and the government officials in terms of "basic necessities." I would LOBBY CONGRESS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN that the masses of Nigeria are suffering and the U.S. is "still sending Aid and collaborating with the corrupt Government"?!!!!

Also - I hear that generators are sold by government officials and/or those sales/warehouses/factories are said to be linked to those in power

Which is an obvious direct "conflict of interest" to STRAIGHTENING OUT THE ELECTRIC PROBLEM

I hear that the Electric Company is Government Owned - let's hope that isn't true because Nigeria looks to be absolutely something else - NOTHING SHORT OF REVOLUTION should occur with the outcome being "constant electricity without a one second interruption", costs of shipping and import/export fees lowered, a completely new police force overseen by 20 "local citizen's groups" that would determine duty, and pay

I would be videotaping and recording left and right inside government offices, the electric companies and transformer stations themselves - "paying employees off" to record documents and conversations and televising that every chance I got

Since I have serious issues with "corruption and abuse" which is generational to my family - my grandparents and parents are activists in the States

I would be marching every single day - and highlighting that issue because lack of electricity means no TV, no video/audio, no computer for any length of time, no workable washer or dryer, no lights, no hot water or cooking unless you go kerosene or gas - UTTERLY RIDICULOUS

I will take my last breath working on that issue - the "rich" have lights and the masses have to endure - I DON'T THINK SOO!!!

Every single time I think about it - the electric problem - I get irritated and I live in the States

And the different Presidents and governing officials have the damn nerve to show their face on camera to the world while eating, sipping, being well adorned - while my baby and his family members are sitting in the dark unless they have generators running 1/4 or less of the household.

So move to Nigeria to look at those scoundrels in charge? Noooo, my blood boils and heart breaks when I think about it. I cannot remember the last time we didn't have electricity - and the lights were out only for less than an hour if that.

The wealth in Nigeria is so massive that "not having electricity" should be a subject that "has never been experienced by anybody in that country."

And the church says Amen! My fiancee is also Yoruba and from Lagos. He told me about them having no electricity there. I haven't visited there yet, but I plan to next year. Wow! Your post was definitely an eye opener. Thank you Shy-One!
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by TEXASGIRL(f): 4:38am On Dec 15, 2010
I met my husband here on this site and we have been married for over a year now. When I travel there I love it, but it is nothing like home. Our plan is to live here in the US part time & there part time. I don't know if I can deal with the limitations there full time but it seems to me that as long as you have money you can live a lot like you do back home. Be prepared though because most people there do not have the money and they will assume you do. Always keep small bills because you need to give "tips" for everything. Also being white I usually end up paying twice the price for most everything I buy there, I am learning to bargain but I am not very good yet. Best of luck.
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by MrsEve2(f): 5:29am On Dec 15, 2010
TEXASGIRL:

I met my husband here on this site and we have been married for over a year now. When I travel there I love it, but it is nothing like home. Our plan is to live here in the US part time & there part time. I don't know if I can deal with the limitations there full time but it seems to me that as long as you have money you can live a lot like you do back home. Be prepared though because most people there do not have the money and they will assume you do. Always keep small bills because you need to give "tips" for everything. Also being white I usually end up paying twice the price for most everything I buy there, I am learning to bargain but I am not very good yet. Best of luck.

Aww shocked
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2010
Like Red said, pls not everyone u met online has good intention. But for him to have suggested that u come down to Nigeria, it means maybe he is not interested in obtaining papers or a gold digger.He may have a very good job in Nigeria and may not want to leave it for anything less in the US.
I will advise you come down to Nigeria first and spend like some weeks to see if u will be able to cope but prepare ur mind that u r changing environment and u wont get used to everything at the beginning but with time u wil blend.
Nigeria is a lovely place to be apart from the criminal aspect and lack of basic infrastructure .It also depends on where ur man resides.We have a lot of expatriate here in Nigeria and they love it here.They have even blended with the kinda life pple r living.
Am sure the man will not make u regret if he is the responsible type.
Like someone said, look at the way he treats the females in his house cos that's the way he will treat you.
I will also advise u dnt rush into marriage with him, knw him for a while by staying with him be4 u finally tie the knot.
All the best
Re: Can An American Woman Fall In Love With African Man? by mutter(f): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2010
I do not want to speak bad about my people but be careful. In most cases it was all fraudulent.
Besides you question shows you are not open for it.
I find your question rather rude and discriminatory

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Not To Smoke Weed (igbo) / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION:the One Disease 80% Of Men Suffer From. / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.