Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them (6930 Views)

Oraimo Power Bank Is Trash / An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers / SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by BarrSly: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
This issue of sim recycling has to be curtailed as soon as possible.

Just this morning, I received a credit alert of 5k in a SIM card I bought last year for an online food delivery business of mine. This alert is from a zenith bank account and it came in this morning.

Few seconds after receiving the alert, I noticed the person has withdrew all the money so I walked into the bank to lay a complain and trust the average Nigerian customer care agent to behave sluggishly and afterwards told me she has sent an email to the head office.

I had not even walked out of the bank yet and an alert of 58k came in again!. It’s so annoying and I am a person of noble upbringing and moral ethics therefore I wouldn’t see myself tampering with such money.

I have sent a mail to the bank as well as complained on their Instagram channel. I do hope they resolve this soon before DSS show my door.

Please If you receive such alert on your phones when you don’t have any link to such bank account please do well to report it cause for all we know, it maybe an account setup to receive fraudulent proceeds with your phone number attached to it.

I shall keep y’all updated as I await the resolving of this issue.

1 Like

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Abfinest007(m): 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
u too de fear .fear fear.

2 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Manuel69: 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
Make a formal compliant at any of their branches.

Modified

I still can't understand this idea of recycling. Numbers are infinite. Why not keep generating instead of going back to already generated numbers? Just my thought

10 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by BarrSly: 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
Manuel69:
Go and make a formal compliant

Yes done that already boss thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by daddytime(m): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
If you were not of a noble upbringing, how did you plan on accessing the funds in the account?

21 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by vikacydevato(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
I shall keep y’all updated as I await the resolving of this issue.

Alright.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by kunleweb: 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Abfinest007:

Nairalanders are now mentally unstable from looking at everything from a fear-based perspective
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Auladimeji(m): 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
You too dey fear fear
Take it to DSS headquarter to register it nacheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by NotBeenPaid: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Abfinest007:

A typical Nigerian thinks being fraud-smart makes them wise. I know say your kind for don zap the money then come Nairaland open thread trying to vindicate/justify your actions from the crime deliberately commited.

6 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by VenusEAGLE: 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
I had this problem too a while back... Those alert made me feel I was very poor...

People get money ooo

2 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by sirfemoz(m): 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Some people are just careless. OP don't blame the telecoms, they act according to the laws guiding the provision of those SIM cards. Individual that lost his/her sim, and doesn't want to replace it, should update all his/her documents with any institutions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Evangkatsoulis: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
daddytime:
If you were not of a noble upbringing, how did you plan on accessing the funds in the account?
Use am load airtime. No need for pin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by sunshineV(f): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Evangkatsoulis:

Use am load airtime. No need for pin.

Wawu
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by ZAWs: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
sirfemoz:
Some people are just careless. OP don't blame the telecoms, they act according to the laws guiding the provision of those SIM cards. Individual that lost his/her sim, and doesn't want to replace it, should update all his/her documents with any institutions.

Don’t mind them.
That was how a certain female friend lost her phone with her banking sim.
You needed to have seen how I was even begging her to go to her bank to change or unlinked the sim from her account.
The excuse she gave me was very shocking

2 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by HandWbyisaac(m): 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
You cant easily access that money without a pin.

Forget about the Sim you are holding

Although you have done the right thing

1 Like

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by fireback: 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
sirfemoz:
which update? the banks are very wicked. I have an account with eco bank when I lost my sim. I went to retrieve the sim after some months of lost. I was told the line has been sold. I went to the bank for an update. after filling and submitting the form, waited for a month, still could not get alerts on my new sim. I went to eco bank again, they gave me the same form to fill again, I filled and submitted for the second time. not knowing that each time I fill and submit the form, immediately I turn my back, the lady will squeeze the form and throw it inside the dustbin. I went to the bank more than three times and filled forms just to change my sim number but they refuse. I have to withdraw all my money from the account and send to my second bank then write to eco bank to close the account with them.

8 Likes

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Katier00(f): 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
You can't access the money as it is not your account, you are only receiving notifications. You don't the pin. You can only use it for airtime but please don't do that
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by BarrSly: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Katier00:
You can't access the money as it is not your account, you are only receiving notifications. You don't the pin. You can only use it for airtime but please don't do that

I can’t do such. I’m blessed enough.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by sunnychibs(m): 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
Airtime?
No,he doesn't have the pin
Katier00:
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Katier00:
that's one of the advantages of UBA u can't load airtime without pin. UBA very secure.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by tuzle(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
daddytime:
i don't need my password or any code to buy card on my phone, that is for gt bank, so if some comes in contact with my sim card, the person can just keep buying credit on the line.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by kzubyar(m): 2:09am On Jan 18, 2020
BarrSly:

Yes done that already boss thanks.
thanks i have such issues

1 Share

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Katier00(f): 5:09am On Jan 18, 2020
sunnychibs:
Airtime?
No,he doesn't have the pin
for himself. Yes he can
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by meezynetwork(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2020
I have such issue with one of my SIM and the money in the account is in millions. I don't bother myself with it.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by edoairways: 8:10am On Jan 18, 2020
fireback:
which update? the banks are very wicked. I have an account with eco bank when I lost my sim. I went to retrieve the sim after some months of lost. I was told the line has been sold. I went to the bank for an update. after filling and submitting the form, waited for a month, still could not get alerts on my new sim. I went to eco bank again, they gave me the same form to fill again, I filled and submitted for the second time. not knowing that each time I fill and submit the form, immediately I turn my back, the lady will squeeze the form and throw it inside the dustbin. I went to the bank more than three times and filled forms just to change my sim number but they refuse. I have to withdraw all my money from the account and send to my second bank then write to eco bank to close the account with them.
How many months was the sim inactive?
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by edoairways: 8:12am On Jan 18, 2020
dancok:
that's one of the advantages of UBA u can't load airtime without pin. UBA very secure.
Zenith does similar thing

1 Like

Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Palmerbarry: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
Following
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by sirfemoz(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2020
ZAWs:

Don’t mind them.
That was how a certain female friend lost her phone with her banking sim.
You needed to have seen how I was even begging her to go to her bank to change or unlinked the sim from her account.
The excuse she gave me was very shocking

Exactly, non chalant attitude that it doesn't matter. But when it matters now, she will be the one to shout how she was defrauded
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by sirfemoz(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2020
fireback:

I can relate to this. Had such experience before. But when I sent a mail to them copied the necessary units, they had to call me and followed it up and get it resolved. Issues, like this don't relax. If anything happens to your account and there's no documented proof to back it up. The bank will deny you even complained of such.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by ZAWs: 9:15am On Jan 18, 2020
tuzle:
i don't need my password or any code to buy card on my phone, that is for gt bank, so if some comes in contact with my sim card, the person can just keep buying credit on the line.

It seems GTBANK are not security conscious.
They are the only bank that don't have gates in their premises.
They even seems being the only bank that can recharged phones without pin.
Gtbank needs to URGENTLY address this ugly situation.
Someone can even get to know your account balance after a possible recharge without you knowing it at all.
Hence the "Relatives insider informant kidnapping stuff"
GTBANK should address this ugly act.
Re: Sim Recycling: Zenith Bank Is Sending Me Alert But I Don’t Bank With Them by Onyenna(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
HandWbyisaac:
You cant easily access that money without a pin.

Forget about the Sim you are holding

Although you have done the right thing

You don't need a PIN to get airtime from your bank.... N5k, N10k airtime...etc....

But OP did the right thing.....

I once had an Etisalat[9mobile] sim like that....

And the Mtn sim i bought recently is also linked to a joint account.... I just don't know how people can be so damn careless.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Special Data Offer Blocked: Way Forward For Glo Users / OMG Have You Seen The New Innjoo Leap 2 / How To Format Or Hard Reset Your Android Pipo Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.