Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

****this Piece Is From A Former Governor... Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ****this Piece Is From A Former Governor... Must Read (536 Views)

Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! / Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria / Key Areas Lagos New Governor Must Look Into - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

****this Piece Is From A Former Governor... Must Read by fastlane84: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
When I See Public Office Holders Misbehaving, Probably They Do Not Have a Good Wife or a Good Marriage
As governor, I was on call 24/7 sometimes.

I got very angry and could take my anger on anyone.
So, my chief of protocol bore the brunt one day.

I had a reception for guests and he placed them in rooms, not the way I would have done it, but he didn’t do anything wrong.
He used his own judgment.

I would have done it the other way, but I over reacted.

I spoke very harsh to him.
While I was doing this, my wife walked in and didn’t say a word.

She goes in, does some other things in my office and leaves.

When I got back home in the evening, I’d forgotten about it. It’s just a normal event in the day.

And she said to me, the way I spoke to this guy was wrong and that I had to go and apologise to him.

She said I had no reason to speak to anyone like that.

I said, what! He did this and she said, ‘Yes, I heard everything.

The way you would have done it was different, but he didn’t do a bad thing. He used his discretion.

So, what are you going to do? You have destroyed that. Tomorrow, he is not going to do anything discretionally.

He would wait for orders and then you will get irritated at that. You have made him lose his self-confidence and that is wrong. You need to go and apologise to him.

Why should you speak to someone like that? Because you are governor?’

I ignored her. I was in my room still fuming and she came back, and said I had to do it that night and not tomorrow because I kept saying I would do it tomorrow.
She said no, tonight. That he was not going to sleep well and so I did not have the right to sleep well when he was not sleeping well.
I said OK.

We got into the car and we drove to his house.
I knocked on the door.
His wife turned in.
They were about to go to bed.
She was in her night gown.
She saw me and was scared with the expression of, ‘Okay, you have come to fire my husband finally’.

The guy came downstairs, petrified.
My wife and I walked in.
The wife wanted to get up and leave.
I told the guy I was sorry.
They all got emotional but I got relief.
It was like a load had been taken off me.
I still get upset with things going up wrong, but I don’t get to a point I feel I am too big to say sorry.

You can be referred to as your excellency today, but, the best, it will only last 8 years. Senator?, Minister?,

Not forever, permanent sec., Director, CEO?, DG etc?, Life is a stage, a platform For services unto God. So let everyone take heed. Forgive and have regard for Human being.

God bless you richly.

1 Like

Re: ****this Piece Is From A Former Governor... Must Read by adeboizy11(m): 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
Wow in Nigeria. Ok
Re: ****this Piece Is From A Former Governor... Must Read by funmike83(f): 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Mshewww
Re: ****this Piece Is From A Former Governor... Must Read by sweetonugbu: 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
A good story

(1) (Reply)

2023: All Political Parties Urged To Zone Presidential Seat To South East / Bayelsa Won’t Have A New Governor On Friday – Oshiomhole / Bayelsa Political Imbroglio: Time For Jonathan To Act.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.