Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan (3742 Views)

Gumi Tells Buhari: Resign Now! More Bloodshed Under You Than Jonathan (2018) / Ezekwesili: Buhari Worse Than Jonathan In Governance / Northern Youths Tell Buhari - Resign Now, You’re Worse Than Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2020
I honestly haven't been a fan of Buhari since time immemorial, but looking at the things he has done, albeit slowly, he has done better than Jonathan.

People here may want to counter me with fuel price as it was then and now. But that's the facade Jonathan government wanted you to see. Other areas, it was porous. He really plundered this nation.

So please, sentiment aside, argue for Jonathan if you think he is better. This thread is for adults. Educational purpose only. No insult anybody wey disagree with you

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by sammyj: 9:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Truth be said I can’t really say both of them are well and competent enough to become our president!!

6 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by dashpee: 9:07am On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:
I honestly haven't been a fan of Buhari since time immemorial, but looking at the things he has done, albeit slowly, he has done better than Jonathan.

People here may want to counter me with fuel price as it was then and now. But that's the facade Jonathan government wanted you to see. Other areas, it was porous. He really plundered this nation.

So please, sentiment aside, argue for Jonathan if you think he is better. This thread is for adults. Educational purpose only. No insult anybody wey disagree with you
lies lies lies everywhere...the most corrupt and heartless government ever is this present government....

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 18, 2020
sammyj:
Truth be said I’m can really both of them are well enough to become our president!!

Yes. I agree. But from the options available

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Firefox01: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2020
Someone has finally seen the light. Look, Buhari has his own faults which is normal since he's human. Even when Jesus the miracle worker walked the Earth, people still fell sick and died. Perhaps if Jonathan or previous governments did what Buhari is just doing, Buhari will be looking to upgrade and not just starting them.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by nabiz(m): 9:09am On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

pls list Buhari's achievement for the past 5 year or forever remain mute

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Simplyleo: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2020
Thank good you said sentiment aside.

But unfortunately, some cursed animals are being guided by that sentiment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2020
dashpee:
lies lies lies everywhere...the most corrupt and heartless government ever is this present government....

I'm not sure we knew the magnitude of the past administration lies. That's how open this present administration is...we know when they are lying. Unlike the former

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Larryfest(m): 9:12am On Jan 18, 2020
None is better Abeg, truth be told both are colossal failures but then I'm yet to see who will rule this country and won't fail. It's as if the country has been designed to fail right from independence.

5 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by nku5: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2020
How does this aid the emergence of Amotekun?

3 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:
Thank good you said sentiment aside.

But unfortunately, some cursed animals are being guided by that sentiment.

yeah. I had to put it aside. That sentiment has beclouded my judgement since.

I'm not pro buhari, but between buhari and Jonathan, buhari is better

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2020
Larryfest:
None is better Abeg, truth be told both are colossal failures but then I'm yet to see who will rule this country and won't fail. It's as if the country has been designed to fail right from independence.

No Bro. Nigeria wasn't designed to fail

2 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by sholatech(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

Sentiments aside? But you only wrote sentimentally without stating any fact. You said Jonathan plundered the nation. Guess you should wait for this govt to end and then compare the levels of plundering to be revealed by the next administration. That way, you can be factual as well. I am yet to see an admin in Nigeria without large scale plundering.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by CharlotteFlair: 9:16am On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

@your last paragraph, you didn't argue with points yourself but with sentiments.

If buhari was good, they would no need for you to bring in the word sentiments.

13 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 18, 2020
sholatech:

Sentiments aside? But you only wrote sentimentally without stating any fact. You said Jonathan plundered the nation. Guess you should wait for this govt to end and then compare the levels of plundering to be revealed by the next administration. That way, you can be factual as well. I am yet to see an admin in Nigeria without large scale plundering.

I can use the word 'plundered' to describe it because I experienced it. Plundered best described it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by CharlotteFlair: 9:17am On Jan 18, 2020
nabiz:
Npower, Tradermoni and completion of Jonathan's projects.

The OP is a beneficiary of the first two. He was lifted out of extreme poverty. So you should understand the lenses he sees with.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by tartar9(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2020
They will always talk about naira to Dollar rates...the recession,bla bla bla.But they've never one time explained that horrible economic policy or actions that superman buhari could use in causing a whole economic recession.

4 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
@your last paragraph, you didn't argue with points yourself but with sentiments.

If buhari was good, they would no need for you to bring in the word sentiments.

I actually wanted to keep it short. Because if we both are to be honest with ourselves, many Nigerians are lazy readers. The thread may be derailed if it was long. because they won't finish reading it but make comment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2020
I don't have much to say other than to remind readers of the following facts:

In 2010, when Jonathan came in, public debt was $35b, it was $63b in 2015, diff of $28b.

Today, total debt, states + FG is $81b, a diff of $18b.

FR in 2010=$42b
FR in 2015=$28b
FR in 2019=$45b

Avg crude price
2010-14=$92
2015-2019=$55

GEJ met good reserves, we earned huge billions of dollars during his time from crude sale, his govt still borrowed huge millions in dollars, yet he left empty treasury without any major developmental project.

OP, only those blinded by hate, ethnicity or religion will disagree that PMB is by far our best president since the beginning of the 4the republic.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by DonCandido(f): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2020
nabiz:

List ways you think GEJ's government was better than the current one.

We take it up from there or you take your own advice above.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
Npower, Tradermoni and completion of Jonathan's projects.

The OP is a beneficiary of the first two. He was lifted out of extreme poverty. So you should understand the lenses he sees with.

Hahaha. Not at all my dear. I am doing very well. I don't know what poverty feels like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Staro: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:

In 2010, when Jonathan came in, public debt was $35b, it was $63b in 2015, diff of $28b.

FR in 2010=$42b
FR in 2015=$28b
FR in 2019=$45b

Avg crude price
2010-14=$92
2015-2019=$55

GEJ met good reserves, we earned huge billions of dollars during his time from crude sale, his govt still borrowed huge millions in dollars, yet he left empty treasury without any major developmental project.

OP, only those blinded by hate, ethnicity or religion will disagree that PMB is by far our best president since the beginning of the 4the republic.

You're either a shameless liar or not enlighten enough.

Oga, GEJ inherited a reserve of $35b from Yar'Adua (see graph below)
If $35b is what you called good reserve, well, I'll discontinue any argument with you

Agreed, the reserves have somewhat gone up under Buhari but did he do anything special to jack it up?
The answer is a capital NO! Buhari took the lazy man's short cut of borrowing, borrowing and borrowing more
then use part of the various loans to shore up our reserves

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:

FR in 2010=$42b
FR in 2015=$28b
FR in 2019=$45b

Avg crude price
2010-14=$92
2015-2019=$55

yes. that's why I wanted all to put sentiments aside. but trust Nigerians, they can't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Staro: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2020
Aw
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Larryfest(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

No Bro. Nigeria wasn't designed to fail
Really So how come no leader has been able to change things for better at least for once in this country? Yaradua seems to be on the right part then suddenly he died, the Almighty Buhari was scored above 100% by almost the entire country even before getting there but see what we have now
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2020
Larryfest:

Really So how come no leader has been able to change things for better at least for once in this country? Yaradua seems to be on the right part then suddenly he died, the Almighty Buhari was scored above 100% by almost the entire country even before getting there but see what we have now
If you decide to see the truth, you will realize Buhari has done well given what he met and the resources available to work with.

YarAdua that you all talk about today is simply to score a cheap point against Buhari because you all labelled the same YarAdua as "Baba Go Slow" and many other names.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by dashing07(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2020
Nigerians can be so funny, imagine how is buhari or Jonathan ever good, look at what this country have become in the last 10years we are more backward than any country in d world.. u need to step out of the country to see what am talking about....

4 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

The truth is, both of them are bad leaders.

What PDP and APC have in common is a lack of ideas to get us off our dependency on oil. As a result, our economy is and always has been in dire straits. Even during the supposed good times of GEJ (where high oil prices were used to hide the disaster).

All in all, what we need is a government that has plans to diversify our economy. Because let's be frank, in as much as I don't like PDP .....APC was supposed to be a credible alternative...not PDP part 2.

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2020
dashing07:
Nigerians can be so funny, imagine how is buhari or Jonathan ever good, look at what this country have become in the last 10years we are more backward than any country in d world.. u need to step out of the country to see what am talking about....
Stop generalizing.

Nigeria isn't good, yes. But tge rot didn't happen overnight and it won't disappear overnight, even if we had $1trillion today.

2 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2020
Gwilym:

The truth is, both of them are bad leaders.

What PDP and APC have in common is a lack of ideas to get us off our dependency on oil. As a result, our economy is and always has been in dire straits. Even during the supposed good times of GEJ (where high oil prices were used to hide the disaster).

All in all, what we need is a government that has plans to diversify our economy. Because let's be frank, in as much as I don't like PDP .....APC was supposed to be a credible alternative...not PDP part 2.

I agree with you. 100 percent.

This is between Jonathan and buhari however

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by dashing07(m): 9:41am On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:

Stop generalizing.

Nigeria isn't good, yes. But tge rot didn't happen overnight and it won't disappear overnight, even if we had $1trillion today.
My point is we want this country to be better, trust me I love this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Troubles For Peter Obi: His Candidacy Is Against The Constitution / Gov Soludo's Effects New Look Of Old INEC Road Awka (photos) / Bode George's Wife Appeals To Nairalanders - FAKE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.