Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan (3747 Views)

Gumi Tells Buhari: Resign Now! More Bloodshed Under You Than Jonathan (2018) / Ezekwesili: Buhari Worse Than Jonathan In Governance / Northern Youths Tell Buhari - Resign Now, You’re Worse Than Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by dinodesmond(m): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

No Bro. Nigeria wasn't designed to fail

How would you define a failed state?

The north doesn't want Nigeria to get restructured, they feel this country will break up. They are okay to see it burn, get worst as long as this country is still one.

In Nigeria, we preach changes we can't bring to reality.

I acknowledge that it is ya entitlement to say you feel buhari is better Jonathan but deep down within u there are paucity of indexes to back up your claim.

Buhari moved army HQ from Abuja to Borno state because of boko haram and he has not return it back to Abuja and to undo what OBJ did, the heads of all the security apparatuses of this country is from the north. If you hear the narrative from a true Muslim saying, Muslims won't allow infidels to ever rule over them again then you will understand these buhari actions are making sense already.

It won't be surprising to see that after buhari leaves, the military will take over.

This will be to tell you all, thank you all for being useful idiots. You knew the truth but you all looked away because e no concern you

But pls define a 'FAILED STATE'

6 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
dinodesmond:

How would you define a failed state?

The north doesn't want Nigeria to get restructured, they feel this country will break up. They are okay to see it burn, get worst as long as this country is still one.

In Nigeria, we preach changes we can't bring to reality.

I acknowledge that it is ya entitlement to say you feel buhari is better Jonathan but deep down within u there are paucity of indexes to back up your claim.

Buhari moved army HQ from Abuja to Borno state because of boko haram and he has not return it back to Abuja and to undo what OBJ did, the heads of all the security apparatuses of this country is from the north. If you hear the narrative from a true Muslim saying, Muslims won't allow infidels to ever rule over them again then you will understand these buhari actions are making sense already.

It won't be surprising to see that after buhari leaves, the military will take over.

This will be to tell you all, thank you all for being useful idiots. You knew the truth but you all looked away because e no concern you

But pls define a 'FAILED STATE'

Bro, I said Nigeria wasn't DESIGNED to fail. I'm sure you can see the mix up now from your point. Your point is valid however.
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by techstack: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
petnuel:
It's an insult on Buhari to compare him with Jonathan.
Jonathan is actually the worst president Nigeria has ever had if you measure the length of his tenure against its impact on the country.
Even Abacha had a better and more stable economy and the Jonathans stole more than the Abachas.
[b]Allegedly, he was youthful with the highest educational qualification among all our presidents. [/b]Yet nothing to show for it.
Idiots continue to dignify him as their hero. What about that? Let him remain their hero joor

You are right at the bolded

When I voted Jonathan I thought to myself that a lecturer and PhD holder will definitely move my beloved country forward but he proved that education is not equal to good governance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Staro: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
edoairways:
Personally I don't like PMB's style of governance neither do I go crazy like some meat sellers do however the commander in chief has reduced corruption since he came. It may not be visible for all to see but things are going on behind the scene. Many politicians and civil servants are finding it difficult to loot

You guys make me laugh.
See, Chairman, the only thing going on behind the scene is corruption, corruption and more corruption.

Stop deceiving yourself, corruption is worse now.
Let an opposition govt step in, you'll see.

Where are all Nigeria's revenues if not being swallowed up by corruption?

For about three years Crude oil averages $70/ barrel. JAMB, FIRS. Customs etc
are declaring huge revenues yearly yet FG can't stop borrowing.

Yet, the airport terminals are being funded directly by China (loan). China is also funding the Lagos - Ibadan rail line.
Dangote is funding the Oshodi - Oworonshoki - Apapa. What then is Buhari doing with savings from corruption if according
to you corruption has reduced

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by dinodesmond(m): 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

Bro, I said Nigeria wasn't DESIGNED to fail. I'm sure you can see the mix up now from your point. Your point is valid however.

You are not a true Nigerian if you refuse to say the facts as they are.

Nigeria was not designed to fail, what was it designed to do?

Nigeria is a failed state that is working tirelessly for those that failed her- Rudolf Okonkwo

4 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by obailala(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Staro:

You're either a shameless liar or not enlighten enough.

Oga, GEJ inherited a reserve of $35b from Yar'Adua (see graph below)
If $35b is what you called good reserve, well, I'll discontinue any argument with you

Agreed, the reserves have somewhat gone up under but did he do any special to jack it up?
The answer is a capital NO! Buhari took the lazy man's short cut of borrowing, borrowing and borrowing more
then use part of the various loans to shore up our reserves

But in dollar terms, Nigeria between 2010 and 2015 borrowed just about the same amount that has been borrowed between 2015 and 2019 with nothing to show for it either; not even shoring up the reserves. It's funny that a lot of people dont know this due to political propaganda.

This isn't me endorsing any of both men; I'm just saying your bolded point above holds no water.

..and by the way, the person you quoted was right ; GEJ inherited a foreign reserve of $42bn in the start of 2010, not $35 as you claim. The chart you pasted started from December 2010, GEJ didnt get in power in December.

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
dinodesmond:

You are not a true Nigerian if you refuse to say the facts as they are.

Nigeria was not designed to fail, what was it designed to do?

Nigeria is a failed state that is working tirelessly for those that failed her- Rudolf Okonkwo

You still don't get my point. I'll leave it at that however
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by GamalNasser: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:
I honestly haven't been a fan of Buhari since time immemorial, but looking at the things he has done, albeit slowly, he has done better than Jonathan.

People here may want to counter me with fuel price as it was then and now. But that's the facade Jonathan government wanted you to see. Other areas, it was porous. He really plundered this nation.

So please, sentiment aside, argue for Jonathan if you think he is better. This thread is for adults. Educational purpose only. No insult anybody wey disagree with you

So with all the negative Economic indices Buhari has piled up in 5 years without a single positive one you still think Buhari was better than Jonathan , even with the worsening security situation you still think Buhari is better , even with aggravated human right abuse you still think Buhari better , even with worsening of electoral Malpractice you still think Buhari is better , even with the escalating poverty you still think Buhari is better , even with double digits inflation you still think Buhari is better ..Under Jonathan Nigeria was the fastest growing Economy in Africa but since Buhari came we are not even considered in the top ten yet you think Buhari is better ...Maybe You have low IQ issues

6 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Ovamboland(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
tartar9:
They will always talk about naira to Dollar rates...the recession,bla bla bla.But they've never one time explained that horrible economic policy or actions that superman buhari could use in causing a whole economic recession.

He should have used cow money to save Nigeria from recession since the oil money we depended on for over 40 years fell in value by 70%.
He should have borrowed Venezuela also oil dependent, money to prevent the terrible recession in that country. Buhari could also easily give the Cow money to Saudi and UAE to save their citizens from suffering a reduction in petrol subsidy they normally enjoy.

Buhari is very incompetent, if oil had fallen when Jonathan was president he would have released fish and ogogoro money to save Nigeria from the recession, we really missed Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by orisa37: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
No. They are both Amateurish. One is using Military skills. The other is practising Animal Husbandry. One is madder than the other. They're both very poor Managers.
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by 7lives: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:
I don't have much to say other than to remind readers of the following facts:

In 2010, when Jonathan came in, public debt was $35b, it was $63b in 2015, diff of $28b.

Today, total debt, states + FG is $81b, a diff of $18b.

FR in 2010=$42b
FR in 2015=$28b
FR in 2019=$45b

Avg crude price
2010-14=$92
2015-2019=$55

GEJ met good reserves, we earned huge billions of dollars during his time from crude sale, his govt still borrowed huge millions in dollars, yet he left empty treasury without any major developmental project.

OP, only those blinded by hate, ethnicity or religion will disagree that PMB is by far our best president since the beginning of the 4the republic.

You've said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Ovamboland(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
Gwilym:

Yes, all and good...but that's what governments from time immemorial have been doing (Obasanjo used to tout how he had raised cassava production, and under GEJ we went from no10 to no 5 in cocoa production...part of the reason why Adeshina is now AFDB boss.).

But when you have price controls in the energy sector (DISCOS and GENCOS have their prices set for them by the government ) as well as the petrol sector (NNPC is in essence bankrupting itself to sustain a subsidy that is long past its sell by date..since 1993, and I'm not joking)...you stifle growth in power...which is needed to make our economy grow....and in the petrol sector (we have had over 60 licences issued for refinereis, and less than 5 are being built, Dangote aside...because people don't want to reifine fuel and sell at a loss in the name of subsidy).....because the chronic low prices means that there is no investment to build new power stations, to improve the transmission system, and (for petrol) no new refineres....which stifles industrial growth, and by extension jobs.

If your Buhari had allowed the power sector and petrol sector set their prices for their products....yes, there would have been some hardship, but eventually the economy would have grown well well thanks to increased profits and investment. But he, and by extension no other leader is bold enough to do so. So, we suffer unnecessarily

I will just take you up on the reasons why refineries are not built by licence owners. I don't fully subscribe to the idea that is simply because of subsidy.

I thinks it's due to lack of financial muscle and expetise to run the business, otherwise the other African countries would all be running refineries. What for instance stops investors from buying crude oil locally and sell to NNPC directly at international prices or lower? Instead of placing orders for foreign petrol are you saying NNPC will ignore local refineries offering same price and pay for shipping from USA or Europe? And if NNPC refuses to buy what stops the refineries from selling to ECOWAS countries duty free, where petrol goes for over 300 a litre?

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by denko(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
If you are a consultants you will know that b00hari has done irreparable damage to Nigeria that may not disappear so soon in nearest future go to tax offices and and other government agencies and see how things have really gone sour. there are new low from this government every day. In your comparison between the duo you sighted no instances to make your point. Mr integrity giving her daughter an Air-force one to go for a photo shoot is this not an absurdity as that was not enough the supreme court give a verdict that even animals were surprised. Gej had his weaknesses, but they are not comparable, Bubu is just not it.
mikezuruki:
I honestly haven't been a fan of Buhari since time immemorial, but looking at the things he has done, albeit slowly, he has done better than Jonathan.

People here may want to counter me with fuel price as it was then and now. But that's the facade Jonathan government wanted you to see. Other areas, it was porous. He really plundered this nation.

So please, sentiment aside, argue for Jonathan if you think he is better. This thread is for adults. Educational purpose only. No insult anybody wey disagree with you

3 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
chozzy:

Passingshot is such a shameless liar.
Like Buhari, like follower.

Instead of you to dispute the facts I presented if you have any contrary facts, you're here spewing trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by deji17: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
Staro:

GEJ's Agric minister, Adesina, the current ADB president was telling us same story about the boom in local production, the boom
in Agriculture, food sufficiency and all.

You see ehn, Agric sector is one area every govt tells you they are doing excellent.
The only way to know who did better or worse is the pricing. Are foodstuffs and other commodities
cheaper now than during GEJ's tenure? THE ANSWER IS NO! In fact, they are far more expensive now.

Forget the barrage of lies from Buhari's govt

I think the best way to know if Agriculture achievement of a Govt is audio/ propaganda or not is to find out how many people have been gainfully employed by the Agric chain. How lucrative is Agric business now compared to the past? That is the measure and not the price of the product. If the price is high, then there is money to be made by farmers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Xisnin(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

The bold is the line that every zombie uses all the time with nothing to back it up.
Buhari didn't plunder the nation but he has accumulated more debt than Nigeria ever did since independence.

You claim Buhari is better with no evidence, then you ask people to argue for Jonathan.
Does that make sense?

Why don't you "argue" how Buhari is better "truth be told"?

3 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Xisnin(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:
I don't have much to say other than to remind readers of the following facts:

In 2010, when Jonathan came in, public debt was $35b, it was $63b in 2015, diff of $28b.

Today, total debt, states + FG is $81b, a diff of $18b.

FR in 2010=$42b
FR in 2015=$28b
FR in 2019=$45b

Avg crude price
2010-14=$92
2015-2019=$55

GEJ met good reserves, we earned huge billions of dollars during his time from crude sale, his govt still borrowed huge millions in dollars, yet he left empty treasury without any major developmental project.

OP, only those blinded by hate, ethnicity or religion will disagree that PMB is by far our best president since the beginning of the 4the republic.

Fake figures.
Buhari met 10 trillion Naira debt accumulated since Nigeria's independence and he increased it to 22 trillion in a space of 4 years.
Nobody can beat that record.

Oil price is not an excuse because OBJ managed lower prices without borrowing Nigeria future to the chinese.

3 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Xisnin(m): 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
DonCandido:

List ways you think GEJ's government was better than the current one.

We take it up from there or you take your own advice above.
You are a pickpocket, provide 10 reasons that you are not and we will take it up from there.

You see how illogical that sounds, if you cannot defend a position, it makes no sense making a claim.
You don't ask your opponent for negative proof.

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by ivolt: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

I can use the word 'plundered' to describe it because I experienced it. Plundered best described it.

mikezuruki:

Hahaha. Not at all my dear. I am doing very well. I don't know what poverty feels like

You are doing well, yet GEJ plundered you and you experienced it.
Are you now gold or diamond capable of being plundered?
Wonders shall never end.

3 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by donb06: 6:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:

I am all for total deregulation. However, I will cut Buhari se slack given the circumstances he met on the ground. It would have been suicidal for his gov't to embark on such total removal of subsidies at a time many workers were owed salaries of up to 11 months in some cases.

You don't do total deregulation when you're trying to get out of recession with many people losing jobs left, right and center. You do it when your economy is stabilized which I'm sure he would do sometimes next year or the year after when Dangote Refinery is on board, especially with the signing into law of the PIB.

And guess who led the anti deregulation protest in 2014...... My brother the person that will tell u if government is good or not are the market people.

2 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
Xisnin:

Fake figures.
Buhari met 10 trillion Naira debt accumulated since Nigeria's independence and he increased it to 22 trillion in a space of 4 years.

Oil price is not an excuse because OBJ managed lower prices without borrowing Nigeria future to the chinese.
So, our debt portfolio is now stated in naira and not dollars? Tell that to idiots and not sensible people here.

Your ref to OBJ time when our needs and population weren't anything close to what we niw have makes no sense at all.

Anyway, the good thing about all of this is that, even the common man and woman know who their saviour is and that's why PMB was re-elected against all odds.

2 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by donb06: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
mikezuruki:

Can we go facts by facts??

Simple Economics will tell you that an increased subsidy, should lower the price of a goods but fuel price doubled subsidy also doubled in the space of 2years... And you called it a facade??
I can bet you Buhari didn't work more roads, schools or built any infrastructure more than Jonathan...
the railways were almost 70% complete...at least Amaechi said so. Thank God Buhari completed it
Security wise... That one is a complex issue both failed woefully...but I can say during Jonathan's admin. It was only in borno and adamawa we had serious issues but now the whole Nigeria is agitated... AMOTEKUN comes to mind...imagine now regions Now protects them selves not from internal petty criminals but from an aggressive external force... Judge for urself.

Fighting corruption.

Jonathan admin being the most corrupt is a perception.

Only Jonathan's admin have allowed external Auditors to audit NNPC account. There they found out the 20billion dollar scandal... That ran from 2001 -2014.
Can Buhari allow external auditors to do same now?? Let's wait.

If you know a serious and sincere person he gets his tools ready before implementing his agenda. I can say Jonathan prepared his tools very well to fight the menace

BVN, TSA, NIN, TIN, etc he wasn't given the opportunity to finish what he started because of impatience...Alas those people impatient with Jonathan wants the masses to be patient with Buhari...cant u see double standards?? Anyway I hail Buhari for using the tools set by Jonathan. At least BVN and TSA is doing a good job.

Were there corrupt element in jonathan's regime oh yes... So are there in Buhari regime let's wait till Buhari leaves office....then u will see the biggest subsidy scandal in history of Nigeria

The rice revolution started in Jonathan's regime...thank God Buhari is chasing that dream I hail him for that....

Can you compare the elections conducted by Jonathan's admin with that of Buhari's??

Following due process...Jonathan was known for his rule of law posture hence he was even taunted by his kinsmen for that....Many still say that was his greatest undoing.

At least economic indices shows economy was better in Jonathans admin
I credit Buhari for the NPower....at same time I credit Jonathan for YouWin.

You can say Buhari really complements Jonathan but saying the former is better... To use ur word... IT'S A FACADE

6 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by Xisnin(m): 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
PassingShot:

So, our debt portfolio is now stated in naira and not dollars? Tell that to idiots and not sensible people here.

Your ref to OBJ time when our needs and population weren't anything close to what we niw have makes no sense at all.

Anyway, the good thing about all of this is that, even the common man and woman know who their saviour is and that's why PMB was re-elected against all odds.

The common man that can no longer feed himself sees PMB as a savior?
How about the common man that can no longer farm or go to market due to activities of bandits?

Buhari was reelected because of 2023 politics and his incumbency power, all the odds were in his favor.

5 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by DonCandido(f): 11:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
[s][/s]
Xisnin:

You are a pickpocket, provide 10 reasons that you are not and we will take it up from there.

You see how illogical that sounds, if you cannot defend a position, it makes no sense making a claim.
You don't ask your opponent for negative proof.
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by DMerciful(m): 12:13am On Jan 19, 2020
If you use data alone to do the comparison, Bubu is the worst president since amalgamation!

2 Likes

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by DMerciful(m): 12:32am On Jan 19, 2020
OP, the fact that 5yrs on, you're still trying to convince Nigerians that Bubu is better than GEJ means Bubu is a failure. If he is better then it would have been obvious. You said sentiments should be left out but provided no data.

On education,

GEJ built 12 federal universities to ensure there is a federal university in every state.
He also built almajiri schools to cater for the abandoned children up North. Bubu has not built even a nursery school.

On agriculture

GEJ administration cut our agricultural import from N1.2 trillion annually to N600 billion (50% reduction in 5yrs). Bubu keep shouting rice upandan you would think Nigerians started eating rice today.

On subsidy

We were doing about N1.2 trillion during GEJ tenure but Bubu said if anybody tells you he is subsidizing anything, that person is a fraud. Bubu is subsidizing with N1.8 trillion and we are paying double the amount for petrol inspite of the subsidy even when crude is at a lower price. Who is the fraud now?

On security

In GEJ time we had Bokoharam
In Bubu's time we have Bokoharam, Herdsmen, Bandits, ISWAP

On corruption

GEJ introduced IPPIS, BVN, TSA,
Bubu has not introduced anything other than media propaganda and invasion of judges home 2am in the night to wipe them into line.

On election

Comparing GEJ to Bubu on electoral integrity is an aberration!

On rule of law

No comparison

All GEJ children schooled in Nigeria while Bubu Children schooled or still schooling in UK where they take presidential jets funded by taxpayers money to go for selfie taking!

No president can be worse than Bubu even if they deliberately try to.

Same person who said Abacha never stole is accusing the international community of not releasing Abacha loot

1 Like

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by obailala(m): 1:42am On Jan 19, 2020
DMerciful:

On subsidy
We were doing about N1.2 trillion during GEJ tenure but Bubu said if anybody tells you he is subsidizing anything, that person is a fraud. Bubu is subsidizing with N1.8 trillion and we are paying double the amount for petrol inspite of the subsidy even when crude is at a lower price.
Who is the fraud now?

The fraud is actually Reno Omokri who recently succeded in deceiving you and millions of other unsuspecting Nigerians with his usual barefaced shameless lies and propaganda. It's a shame many Nigeria's still havent learnt to verify info they hear from dubious politicians.

N1.2trillion was the amount spent on subsidy in 2014 alone and that was the lowest amount spent on subsidy by GEJ between 2011 and 2014. In 2011 alone, subsidy bill was N2.1trillion (this was the highest ever in Nigeria's history - the year of the massive subsidy scam which forced govt to attempt removing subsidies in Jan 2012).

On the contrary, the N1.8 trillion you quoted which was spent on subsidy by GMB was the TOTAL sum spent in 4 years, i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigeria-spent-n9tr-on-fuel-subsidy-in-10-years-pppra.html

With your above skewed nalysis comparing 1 year vs. 4 years, we can conveniently say RENO has achieved his aim of misleading the public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by DMerciful(m): 1:52am On Jan 19, 2020
Go and sit down! GEJ yearly budget never reached even #5 trillion. Are you saying he used 50% of the budget for subsidy? Liar!
Why dont you show up till 2019?
obailala:
The fraud is actually Reno Omokri who recently succeded in deceiving you and millions of other unsuspecting Nigerians with his usual barefaced shameless lies and propaganda. It's a shame many Nigeria's still havent learnt to verify info they hear from dubious politicians.

N1.2trillion was the amount spent on subsidy in 2014 alone and that was the lowest amount spent on subsidy by GEJ between 2011 and 2014. In 2011 alone, subsidy bill was N2.1trillion (this was the highest ever in Nigeria's history - the year of the massive subsidy scam which forced govt to attempt removing subsidies in Jan 2012).

On the contrary, the N1.8 trillion you quoted which was spent on subsidy by GMB was the TOTAL sum spent in 4 years, i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigeria-spent-n9tr-on-fuel-subsidy-in-10-years-pppra.html

With your above skewed nalysis comparing 1 year vs. 4 years, we can conveniently say RENO has achieved his aim of misleading the public.
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by eagleu: 1:57am On Jan 19, 2020
mikezuruki:

I'm not sure we knew the magnitude of the past administration lies. That's how open this present administration is...we know when they are lying. Unlike the former

You're saying opposite of what is on the ground, sir.
The main problem GEJ had was thinking that somehow, democracy as practised in the west also applied to Nigeria. So, he let Buhari run his radio changi filled with lies and propaganda, especially on Chibok girls. Today, even legitimate TV and radio stations are under assault by Buhari agencies.

GEJ also let himself to be molested, insulted, and caricatured without limits. Today, people go jail by "disrespecting " Buhari or even members of his family.

GEJ had his own issues with certain judges, but Buhari first assaults, molests, and jail opposition judges, the result is a supreme court filled with 'wise men and women ' who don't know that the total votes cast in an election must not exceed the number registered and accredited, because they were in a hurry to do Buhari's bidding.

The mere act of suppressing the opposition view point makes Buhari quite anti-democratic. There's no credible achievement when democracy is trampled upon.
Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by obailala(m): 2:03am On Jan 19, 2020
Xisnin:

Fake figures.
Buhari met 10 trillion Naira debt [b]accumulated since Nigeria's independence [/b]and he increased it to 22 trillion in a space of 4 years.

GMB actually met $63bn debt, and has increased it to $83. Most of the funds borrowed by GMB were foreign and in dollars, so it doesnt work when you compare it in Naira.

...and by the way, did you say the N10trillion was accumulated since independence? #Fallacy... This is another analysis based on weak political propaganda. OBJ cleared most of Nigeria's debt by 2007; the majority of that N10trillion (or $63bn) debt inherited by GMB was actually incurred between 2007 and 2015, the largest chunk of it was actually incurred at a time when Nigeria enjoyed the most unprecedented oil income boom.

If you must criticise govt borrowing under GMB, remember that since 2015, there's been a massive dip in the country's income due to very low oil prices and output; it's only logical and inevitable for a person to borrow at a time of low income to ensure he feeds his family. But the real question Nigerian should really be asking is, why did we borrow so much between 2010 and 2015 when oil prices and income were sky high?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sentiments Aside, Buhari Is Better Than Jonathan by obailala(m): 2:09am On Jan 19, 2020
DMerciful:
Go and sit down! GEJ yearly budget never reached even #5 trillion. Are you saying he used 50% of the budget for subsidy? Liar!
Why dont you show up till 2019?
Oga please I dont do childish arguments. I showed you a link which contains my figures, there are also 1000 other news sites which contain the same info free of charge to the public.

If you cant open the link and read, or if it's beyond your intellectual capacity to do your own verification research via google, then I'm sorry, I cant be of help to your kind.

Meanwhile regarding 2019, I dont know how much was paid for subsidy in 2019 because it hasnt been announced/published yet; 2019 just ended 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throw Back Photo Of Buhari Obasanjo And Babangida In Military Dress / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ezinihitte-mbaise / Why Is Peter Obi Contesting Results In Imo And Ebonyi State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.