Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? (19594 Views)

Have You Been Charging Your Phone Wrongly? / Xiaomi Accused Of Collecting Browsing Data From Their Web Browsers / Do You Think I Am Just Accusing Tecno And Infinix Wrongly? You Need To See This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by lucky4west: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
sorry bruv leaving the money with her will haunt her for life and if you passed there again give her a hot rebuke, something similar happened to me years ago, after eating in the company's canteen i went out to the rest room by the side when i was passing the front of the canteen on my way to my office the woman angrily shouted and called me out, i went to her and she was demanding money for the food, saying the girl that served me has a poor eye sight that i took advantage of that by not paying her! whereas i paid even before she gave me the food, ate and left..i didnt even noticed the ladys poor eye sight. i told her the change which was not up to N500.00 cannot be my problem, she continue shouting and me self no keep quiet till i left, nothing would have made me pay extra dime when i have already and respectfully paid b4 service...i walked away and i did not buy food there until she was replaced by another food vendor...when they brought the referendum or questionnaire on whether she should leave or stay i happily filled that she should go and encouraged others who were also pissed with her to do same...so we got rid of the bad rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by lucky4west: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
mayor10:
Something similar happened when I was in yabatech. It was during exam period, so I wanted to get chewgyn and other groceries to serve me throughout the overnight jacking .
I gave the grovtery woman 500naira to deduct her 150naira from ,only for her to tell me I didn't give her 500naira as she doesn't have 500naira with her forgetting she already used it as change .
Students and passer-by gathered.the Shane was much as she kept shouting calling me names..had to drop all I bought without collecting my money.that was the last money in me but I swore she was gonna lose more than that if truly I gave her the money..before I left her shop, three crates of egg broke.
I was the happiest man that night..
...God vindicated you
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by ShenTeh(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
GideonIdaboh:

My sister. I cried in those days I spent in the cell. My prayer after the case was for God to expose the real culprit. I couldn't believe it was years after I'd forgotten bout the whole incident that my roommate would confess to stealing it. Ever since then, I've had this feeling bout her. I wish she never confessed. I'm more tortured now than when the incident even occurred.

I truly hope your mum found comfort that you proved her right.

It's a tough world we live in.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by adegunahmed(m): 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
In my primary 4,,, I went to relieve my urinary gland in the toilet,, as I knocked the toilet door ( which is for both gender of all age), a female voice answered and I left to use the other toilet.....In class, I was listening to our teacher teaching when the female teacher ( a mother teaching primary 6) barged into my class screaming "where is the boy,,,,you were peeping at me in the toilet"...I was stunned but could not plead my innocence,,, I was embarrassed, humiliated and thoroughly flogged.....

The following week was my birthday,, which my parents have already planned the celebration in school,,, the birthday only popularized my offence..I was only eight then....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by whitedove(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2020
@ op,i will advise you to forgive and forget the incidence:there are reasons for some incidence in once life.if you decide to forgive the person,you would have lifted a big burden outta your life.such episode has happened to me before ...some years ago,growing up,i was just 13,my mother sent me on an errand so i boarded a well known car to the next village to deliver fruit to my father's sister(my aunt). we didn't stay up to 30 minutes during the journey that i alighted.unknown to me ,the driver had gone to police station to report the incident that the passengers he carried had taken his purse which contained the vehicle license and driver license.As young as i was, i was also included as one of the culprits and i was handcuffed and brought to my house to search my parents house.i remembered i was tortured to extract the truth from me forcefully but because i was not guilty i maintained that i didn't take the purse.

Two days later,my parent and i heard that they have found the purse. i was angry and felt cheated. as i write this ,i will be 45 years by next month,i kept it in my mind that i will not forgive my accuser ,5 days ago, i got a friend request on my facebook page,guess who? the man ...but he is now old.
the old anger took over me but i just decided that henceforth,i cant continue to carry the burden of unforgiveness but i didnt accept his request but i can say here that i have forgiven him.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by ShenTeh(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
Sorry op. Mine is a long read.

Sometimes in May 2001, I had just secured admission in Offa Poly. So I went to Offa from Ilorin to stay with a distant relation in their family house. While that afforded me the opportunity to do my clearance in school, it also allowed me to bond with my father's people, who just passed away in the previous year.

We were 3 boys that shared a room. One was a student, the other was about to round up his carpentry apprenticeship and was buying all manners of carpentry tools and storing them under the bed. I knew so much about those tools because I was working in the sawmill before my admission, and was personally very financially buoyant. The carpenter guy (let's call him Guy R) always pointed out how I had so much money.

One Friday, I heard that Unilorin admission list was out and packed all my things. All 2 guys were with me when I was packing my load and both saw me off to 'station' and waved me bye when I eventually got a bus to Ilorin Sunday evening.

Monday morning I was walking down my street to get a taxi as I head to Unilorin and I ran into Guy R. I was so so shocked because no one in particular knew our address in Ilorin at the time.

Anyway, he told me his 'rabbit smooth' was stolen and that the elders at home told him to come and fetch me from Ilorin. I was angry at such preposterous accusation and told him that I was headed to Unilorin but paid for both of us back to Offa.

En route, he told me that after my departure the previous night, he realized his tool had been stolen and that they have fine to consult a 'baba' who said the thief just travelled now and must be met very early in the morning because he plans to hand it over to his friend in a black nylon.

I found that too stupid and reminded him of how we all packed my bag together and how they saw me off to the compound. I also told him that I have not even touched the bag other than my folder which I just removed from the side of the bag, which he met me on the road with just now.

We got to Offa to meet a CROWD already gathered in the compound. They started shouting 'Ole!' as soon as we arrived. God! Two elderly men took me inside and asked me to confess honourably so they can redeem the tool before I sell it.

From shock and embarrassment and confusion. I swore, I pleaded, I bragged that I could buy them ten of that tool if they wanted but I wasn't the thief.

They took every adult in the family to a 'baba', who after his abracadabra got his small rafia mat to point at me twice as the thief. I disagreed. I kept shouting Jesus and praying. We went to an Islamic cleric who also insisted that "the thief was amongst us and just arrived from a journey".

One of the elders said so I don't feel cheated, we should consult a pastor of my choice. Knowing none, I just said let us go to the CAN chairman in the city. So we got to this elderly pastor's house and he got us all to sit at his dinning table. He was very firm and asked about my parents. I told him. He asked me to tell him the truth that he will protect me. I was weak, hungry and tired. I had lost my voice too. I told him it wasn't me. He rebuked the elders for calling themselves family and treating an orphan this way. He said if they were so sure, they should hand me over to the police or let me go as it was getting late.

As we were coming back to the family house, it was around dusk people were following me chanting 'Oju ole re!, Ole!'. I felt like disappearing. To save my tired shame, I called one of elderly women and told her that I wanted to confess. I said I was the one that stole it and that I have sold it, but that in 6 month time (Nov) I would bring the money..IThey let me go through the back door.

It was night, I had no dime on me. I was very hungry. I was very tired. I had lost my voice and I had nobody. And nowhere to go. I walked and walked to the expressway and kept walking towards Ilorin. I kept watching my shoulders. I met one guy and walking drunk. I begged him for money to eat. He said something like 'you wan play me abi, I be Igbo o. Follow me'. So I walked back with him. He took me to a place they were selling food by the roadside. He said "Eat anything you want, I go pay". I took bread and akara, I thanked him as he paid. While he was leaving I ran back to him and told him that I was a student of Fedpoffa and that I needed to get to Ilorin that night, that food was not my main problem actually. The good angel then scolded me and walked me back to where I would get a bus. Paid for the bus and gave me N20 (that was sufficient to get a taxi to anywhere in Ilorin at the time.

In Ilorin, everybody had been looking for me. No clue where I was. My immediate and extended family were very angry and took a convoy of vehicles to Offa 2 weeks later to vehemently register their dissatisfaction on the matter. In that meeting it was revealed that the 3rd guy was the one as he was caught selling one of the tools he had srolen again from Guy R. The family relationship died to this day.

Writing this now makes me feel a huge burden lifted off my chest. I have dreaded remembering the agony and shame I went through on that Monday in May, 2001. Tears wins me very time I remember this.

Generally today I find it difficult to accuse anybody of anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by bensowe(m): 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mine happened in 2016, there is this I usually buy airtime anytime I wanted to subscribe for data, but this time she gave me used airtime, wasn't with me my phone when I bought the airtime, got to found out when I tried to load it at home that night (that day was on Friday and the following day was clean-up). So, I went to her shop the next day by 10am after clean-up to tell her that the airtel had been used already, she accused me of being the one, I said no problem that she should give me another airtime which I she did, after loading it I told her that I didn't came with any money, she told me to go and get her money since my aunt's house I was staying was a few blocks from her shop. She didn't see me after three days, she came and reported me to my aunt and my aunt told her that I can't do such a thing (I already told her everything). She kept on telling people about the incident, one evening, i angrily stunned her shop and demanded her to call mtn customer care and they told the airtime was used two days before i bought it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by UEDIBO: 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
Candoit:

Oh my God for real?
I am really sorry. What was ur company into, do you think it's something you can run as well?. If so, get yourself ready to begin this year
is the Federal Polytechnic Idah in kogi state.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by shogsman(m): 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
Yah
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by Candoit: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
UEDIBO:
is the Federal Polytechnic Idah in kogi state.

You could provide lectures online. There are a few platforms that could let you train people online at a fee. There is also freelancing. Plz don't feel bad about anything, just do your best to get back on ur feet.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by CheapDataGuy: 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
Lostz:
hahaha

I was expecting someone to post stuff like this grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by xmanco42: 5:42am On Jan 21, 2020
joshrare:

Search for them on fb
will try never thought of that
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? by UEDIBO: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2022
Candoit:

Oh my God for real?
I am really sorry. What was ur company into, do you think it's something you can run as well?. If so, get yourself ready to begin this year

Thanks for your advise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cameroon Government Fines MTN $160 Million For Corruption Charges / Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos / How To Block Incoming Call Without Notifying The Caller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.