Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk (4264 Views)

Poll: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk

Yes: 80% (4 votes)
No: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

!!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport / Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs / Experience With Immigration When Traveling With Our Nigeria Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
Please i need urgent advise i am travelling out of the UK with a Nigerian travel certificate and i want to know if i am going to have my fingerprint taken.
Please i want advise from people that have just travelled recently. Thank you
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by segzeybaba(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2010
Depending on the airport you departing. At London airports u will defo b questioned and if your answers are not satisfactory u will be fingerprinted and issued removal papers.
GOodluck
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Dantecmu(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
I dont think soo, 1 time i traveled via gatwick i met this guy at the airport and he was travelling with TC he wasn't thumbprinted but that was 2007 or 8 not really sure, but on that very day he wasn't thumb printed we got jisting in the plane and he told me how sad he was for overstaying in the uk for uk 2yrsss,

ciao
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
Thank you very much for your responce guys.

segzeybaba what airport do you advise me to go through.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
worry246 I guess everybody has a right to there option, I want to thank you for your response
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by segzeybaba(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2010
UWith tc u likely to be questioned bcoz u myt have to go through heathrow or gatwick bt I know f

or definite that at heathrow there's now uk border agency post on departure and will question u if u tender tc, if you overstay and returning you shouldn't worry bout d
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2010
segzeybaba i dont understand what you mean if you are an over stayer, Can you feel me in
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by segzeybaba(m): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2010
U shudnt worry bout d questioning but anyways it all depends on your intention anyways, if u can elaborate more on your intention and past immigration history that will help.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
segzeybaba, I dont have any immigration problem, I have just overstayed and i want to go back home with a TC, but not on my real name. can you advise on that please.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by dancewith: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2010
Shakirudee:

segzeybaba, I dont have any immigration problem, I have just overstayed and i want to go back home with a TC, but not on my real name. can you advise on that please.

That in itself is an immigration problem. If you attempt to travel via Heathrow or Gatwick you are done for. They will pull you out, question you like you wont believe and you would not only be printed but must show how you entered the UK. If you fail to show that, you would be removed. Since you overstayed, if you eventually say the truth, which I am sure they will force you to say, you would still be removed

I don't see how you can pull this off unless you find a way of travelling from an airport that has less checks. At the moment I don't know of any. I have always used Heathrow or Gatwick and this is what I have seen.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by segzeybaba(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
Best bet is to travel on your passport if u still got it. Using a false name will lead in2 bigger problem.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2010
segzeybaba can you reply to this email: teekay_k@hotmail.com
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by segzeybaba(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ok done.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
segzeybaba just reply ur email
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by joxiri: 12:17am On Dec 09, 2010
@ poster
getting thumbprinted and being issued with removal papers is not necessarilyy a bad thing
in fact its a good thing cos the home office wud be aware of ur travels you would have a file they can always call on
my advice for you is call the home office in croydon go there for an interview they wud seize ur passport to make sure u re returning and return it after check in at heathrow or gatwick (pls note this does not mean u re being deported as much as a removal and deportation sound alike there is a fundamental difference)
trust me this is all good
if u ve not overstayed more than 28 days u shud be fine
what u need to realise is everything wth immigration is procedure if u follow the right procedure u wud be fine dont do all this fake name remember the ban is 10 yrs
i know someone who followed all this procedure withing 3 months he got another visa and was back in the uk on arrival he was questioned for a while and the immigration officer said his file was just being checked to confirm all he had said and he was only given the new visa cos he went to croydon and i honeslty dont think this is an isolated situation
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by OAM4J: 4:51am On Dec 09, 2010
OP joxiri is right.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Vicjustice: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2010
Shakirudee:

Please i need urgent advise i am travelling out of the UK with a Nigerian travel certificate and i want to know if i am going to have my fingerprint taken.
Please i want advise from people that have just travelled recently. Thank you
Shakirudee:

Man, no matter what airport you use, you'd be found out and be prosecuted for identity and immigration fraud, you might even go to jail if convicted: there is no way they will let you get away with a travel certificate bearing different names from the ones that they identify you with. This is the sad truth.
   I'm just wondering why a person would need to change his names while applying for a Travel Certificate where-as the immigration officers are happy to see people leave even though they overstayed in their country, they don't have any issues with that and i don't see why you needed to change your names in that regards; and this makes me wonder whether you actually committed a crime, whatsoever
   Now, even when travelling with a regular passport, the immigration officers are interested to see the documents that you use in the country how much more when you come to them with an emergency Travel Certificate which alone raises a lot of questions.
   When you come before the Immigration officers at departure, they would want to know why you're travelling with a TC instead of your national Passport, they wouldn't want to believe your story whatever, and the only way they can know about you is by finger-scanning, and that would reveal your true identity. You would be considered a criminal and be arrested as one. You'd be remanded in custody and not be eligible for bail as your true identity is in question; and that would mark the beginning of your many nights behind bars.
The solution: Go back to the embassy and get another TC with the names by which you are known in the immigration computer, and if however you have doomed that name, then, you may need to find a way to enter Ireland and apply for a TC from the embassy in Dublin so you might leave from Dublin airport: there is seldom bother control between the UK and the Republic Of Ireland, people enter Ireland by land through Belfast (which is an Irish land in the UK territory).
Now, so many Illegal Travellers are taking advantages of the friendly links between the UK and the Republic of Ireland even in border crossing (such a friendly link in a way that people travel from Dublin into Belfast without even knowing that they're in another country except for the change in road design colours). Usually, they get someone who will have to drive a car from Belfast into Ireland (not necessarily getting to Dublin), his job is to check if there is immigration control on their departing day, the Spy will then give the Illegal Traveller reports of the situations on the road through phone, and if the way is clear, then the Illegal Traveller follows by either public or private trasportation, giving about 2 hours interval.
Warning: This article is not a suggestion of what you should do to avoid justice, rather, it is a piece of information of the known realities regarding the situations involved in travelling with a Travel Certificate as well as the UK/Irish borderless crossing
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by worry246(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2010
Well done vicjustice for posting this method of cheating british immigration by coming through ireland.
Now every British security officer and border control monitoring this forum can put extra watch to catch illegal nigerians.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Vicjustice: 11:13am On Dec 09, 2010
worry246:

Well done vicjustice for posting this method of cheating british immigration by coming through ireland.
Now every British security officer and border control monitoring this forum can put extra watch to catch illegal nigerians. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You're right, i got what you mean, i even thought of it before i posted it. So, what do you suggest, should i edit that off?
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Davedavy: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
@ OP

In additional to what Vicjustice wrote above,let me chip in this. If you are trying to run away from a criminal offence, I am afraid there is no way out for you, if you show up in any airport within the EU,you will be arrested and sent back to UK.
Trying to travel on another name can land you in jail, and there is a very big chance you will be discovered while trying to leave any airport within the UK.If you are just an over stayer,why not travel on the name used to enter the country, your only offence will be overstaying,yes,coming back into the UK will be harder for you but it is better than trying to leave on a fake name and landing yourself in jail.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2010
Vicjustice:

You're right, i got what you mean, i even thought of it before i posted it. So, what do you suggest, should i edit that off?

Don't tanish ur image here, please edit ur post. I'm bit uncomfortable with it
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by henry2tech(m): 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2010
pls i need to download the uk visa application form, can somebody just send me the site now now pls.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by OAM4J: 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
ask goggle.com, its faster.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Dantecmu(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2010
justwise:

Don't tanish your image here, please edit your post. I'm bit uncomfortable with it

@Justwise i dont see how vics post in anyway would tanish his image or make u uncomfortable as far as i know the last time i visited dublin 2007 that route existed its not new and trust me the Irish know wassup sooo vics only reminding us of what everybody already knowss, as for the man whose looking for means of escaping uk wothout been detected his on a longgggg thing, most likely he would be jailed for 6months ,
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by justwise(m): 12:51am On Dec 10, 2010
Dantecmu:

@Justwise i dont see how vics post in anyway would tanish his image or make u uncomfortable as far as i know the last time i visited dublin 2007 that route existed its not new and trust me the Irish know wassup sooo vics only reminding us of what everybody already knowss, as for the man whose looking for means of escaping uk wothout been detected his on a longgggg thing, most likely he would be jailed for 6months ,

Well. . . its up to Vicjustice, certain things are better not said in public forum like this.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Vicjustice: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2010
Worry246, Justwise, Dantecmu
I appreciate your concerns and i do see reasons with you guys.
I've eventually editted the article with adjusted information. Though, still containing the original information (which i thought is not a secret), but i think the modification now makes it clear that i am not making suggestions, but rather making analytic information on the situations on the road.
Thanks Guys.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by justwise(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2010
Vicjustice:

Worry246, Justwise, Dantecmu
I appreciate your concerns and i do see reasons with you guys.
I've eventually editted the article with adjusted information. Though, still containing the original information (which i thought is not a secret), but i think the modification now makes it clear that i am not making suggestions, but rather making analytic information on the situations on the road.
Thanks Guys.

That was my thought initially. Good that u edited it.
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by KissIkebe(f): 12:42am On Dec 12, 2010
Ha vicjustice, you too much, how did you know about this, did you take that route yourself?
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by Shakirudee: 7:26pm On Feb 22, 2011
Landed lagos life and direct no finger printing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by damola1: 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2011
Welcome back, how u take do am?
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by ayinba1(f): 11:31pm On Feb 25, 2011
Shakirudee:

Landed lagos life and direct no finger printing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Congrats to you. I have someone in a similar situation. I need your advise stat! Pls find time to email me ayinba@yahoo.com

Thanks a mil!
Re: Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk by TarryFour: 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
Hello Shakirudee,
Pls contact me regarding Lagos landing.
Cheers
foggsy@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? / Flight Attendant Spills Drinks On Airline CEO. See What Happened Next. Photo / Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.