Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48087 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by RunThins: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

By the time you realize that all you just typed has already been dealt with in my comment, you would understand why I believe you're only quoting me just to impress me with faux knowledge.

I already talked about the bias against her because of her race, I never discounted it, so save your tirade.

And don't talk to me about living or working in the west, the UK has become a particularly dear place to me from my visits.

Cheers.

Ah, so you are one of those lots! The kind that take it as a compliment when "oyinbo man" tells you you speak so well, or that you're so articulate, or that you are one of the good ones. Believe me, they are not compliments. "....to impress me with faux knowledge" Nah, not to impress you but to impress upon you the knowledge that you probably lack of life in the West from all of "your visits". It's a compliment when you tell a five year old he/she is articulate, that he/she speaks so well, but it's not for an adult. Next time you are told that on a "visit", tell that person, so do you; for I thought you were an idiot.

I already talked about the bias against her because of her race, I never discounted it.... So you are mad at her that she refuses to accept to tiptoe about in her own home because of their bias? Because she chose to protect her family especially her child from such biased scrutiny; an expectation of every mother. Or did you think it was going to stop with her? How long was it going to take before the headlines goes from Kate/Meghan to Gorge/Archie comparison? Or do you not know that prince Archie will always be the black royal? How long do you think before we start seeing the "black sheep(um royal)" of the family headlines because the kid ate chalk at school?

I am not trying to join issues with you; I am only trying to let you know that maybe she did all she did to protect her family. And if you don't live in, or have lived in the west, sit down and talk to someone who does and observe on your next visit. See things from a different perspective and gain some knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Still ceremonial.
The Queen doesny dictate how Canada runs. The land the Queen owns in Canada is also ceremonial. I work for a crown cooperation.

A Canadian act of parliament does not become law until it receives"royal assent" ie the governor general has to sign it on behalf of the queen.
Now, if the Canadian parliament ever decided to do something absolutely off- the- wall insane,the governor general who represents the queen by the way, has the authority to veto it.

The commander in chief of the Canadian armed forces is the governor general on behalf of the queen

Is this still ceremonial to u?
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by RunThins: 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

You sat down, typed this nonsense without any single shame. So he did her a favor by marrying her? Is that so? So its a crime to be biracial and divorced? For that she should have 'simmered' down, but she didn't, she didn't act her 'place' as divorced, biracial woman, so she brought all that to herself. God, can men be more irritating.

Please don't throw all men in the same category as this guy, biko. He's behaving like uncle tom and unfortunately, a sizable portion of Nigerian men are uncle toms, when it comes to minority rights in the west. After all, they are probably the descendants of the same men that sold their brothers and sisters from neighboring conquered villages into slavery for mirrors and combs in the very beginning.

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Still ceremonial.
The Queen doesny dictate how Canada runs. The land the Queen owns in Canada is also ceremonial. I work for a crown cooperation.
During citizenship, we also take a oath to serve the Queen and her descendants but after the oath, you could also immediately renounce that part and say screw the Queen and her descendants infront of the immigration Judge.
We are also more related and have more ties to our American cousins than the British.

Then again, if the queen has what I call a powerful foot soldier in Canada, that shows that the Canadian will welcome Harry and family not the same way America will welcome them or france. Not the same way canada will welcome me or you.

This the point I'm trying to make.
They had soft landing and will not find it hard getting on their feet cos they will be taken care of on behalf of the queen which is also Canadian queen, ceremonial or not.
Do u get where I'm coming from?

This is why I said, I will take them serious when they go to a neutral country to start all over.
As far as I'm concerned, they are still in UK.
Why didn't they jet off to USA?

Sense will not kill them cheesy
They want to deceive me cheesy
Still wishing them.the best.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

A Canadian act of parliament does not become law until it receives"royal assent" ie the governor general has to sign it on behalf of the queen.
Now, if the Canadian parliament ever decided to do something absolutely off- the- wall insane,the governor general who represents the queen by the way, has the authority to veto it.

The commander in chief of the Canadian armed forces is the governor general on behalf of the queen

I am at work now. It's just past 8am so I cant reply as much as I would love to. I got the below from Quora.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
RunThins:

Please don't throw all men in the same category as this guy, biko. He's behaving like uncle tom and unfortunately, a sizable portion of Nigerian men are uncle toms, when it comes to minority rights in the west. After all, they are probably the descendants of the same men that sold their brothers and sisters from neighboring conquered villages into slavery for mirrors and combs in the very beginning.

grin grin grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

Then again, if the queen has what I call a powerful foot soldier in Canada, that shows that the Canadian will welcome Harry and family not the same way America will welcome them or france. Not the same way canada will welcome me or you.

This the point I'm trying to make.
They had soft landing and will not find it hard getting on their feet cos they will be taken care of on behalf of the queen which is also Canadian queen, ceremonial or not.
Do u get where I'm coming from?

This is why I said, I will take them serious when they go to a neutral country to start all over.
As far as I'm concerned, they are still in UK.
Why didn't they jet off to USA?

Sense will not kill them cheesy
They want to deceive me cheesy
Still wishing them.the best.
Trudeau is a friend to Harry. In addition, they moved to Canada since it is the most Liberal country in the world for now and we are not toxic and poisonous like the British. Like I said, we don't care how they chose to live their lives. If Obama was in Power, they could also have moved to the states. They simply moved to where they would feel welcome and not hostility.
I agree, sense will not kill them grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

Head of the Canadian armed forces is ceremonial
No Canadian will go to war for Britain or the Queen.
Also the governor general and the provinces Lt governors are figure head too. I don't even know the new of Canada's governor general or my provinces Lt. Governor. The governor general was in Nigeria last year. 99.99 percent of Nigerians did not even know she visited. If Trudeau visited naija, even other west African presidents would visit naija to welcome him.
In my province as well, the Premier we elected via vote controls the province not some figure head and funny dressed Lt governor that only shows up during ceremonies. grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

I am at work now. It's just past 8am so I cant reply as much as I would love to. I got the below from Quora.
The same qoura exactly where u got this from has this
And the stuffs I posted up there.
This is the governor general among them. It's more than ceremonial.
Britain does not involve in the day to day running of affair in Canada but that does not mean they don't have their fangs in Canada.
Politically, if war starts today between Canada any which way,Britain will automatically come to the aid of Canada with ease. E.g., assuming war starts between America and Canada, Britain will stand by Canada.

Also if America and Britain goes to war, Canada will stand by Britain.

Yet both countries are independent.

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

Britain does not involve in the day to day running of affair in Canada but that does not mean they don't have their fangs in Canada.
Politically, if war starts today between Canada any which way,Britain will automatically come to the aid of Canada with ease. E.g., assuming war starts between America and Canada, Britain will stand by Canada.

Lol. Trust me. We would rather align with the US than that glorified dead empire. it's 100 percent ceremonial. If the prince trespasses on my land, I will shoot him and ask questions later. grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Lol. Trust me. We would rather align with the US than that glorified dead.empire. it's 100 percent ceremonial.
So why did Harry go to Canada instead of U.S. where his in law lives and where the wife is established. Is it not better for them to start there tha where they will have no footing?

Meghan is from usa. Why did they choose canada?
Baba, forget tory.

They knew what they did
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Trudeau is a friend to Harry. In addition, they moved to Canada since it is the most Liberal country in the world for now and we are not toxic and poisonous like the British. Like I said, we don't care how they chose to live their lives. If Obama was in Power, they could also have moved to the states. They simply moved to where they would feel welcome and not hostility.
I agree, sense will not kill them grin

You forget Meghan also worked in Canada for years and made it home.. Canadians are way nicer people than Americans too btw.
Sorry o, awa American people here. Na joke I dey joke o.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

So why did Harry go to Canada instead of U.S. where his in law lives and where the wife is established. Is it not better for them to start there tha where they will have no footing?

Baba, forget tory.

They knew what they did

His wife was established IN Canada. She has lived there for years. The Prince secretly courted her in Canada and not US

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

Baba, forget tory.

They knew what they did

Canadians are by and large polite and give each other their space. We don’t have a culture of celebrity as the U.S., nor do we have a gutter press that preys on the royals as does Britain.

So, moving to a country like Liberal and multicultural Canada makes a lot of sense. It doesn't take long to figure that out. Lots of liberal minded British folks are moving here too.

Please remember to celebrate Canada Day with us every 1st of july. We became an independent country in 1867 (the Dominion of Canada).

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
There is a difference between political, historical and cultural influence.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Lol. Trust me. We would rather align with the US than that glorified dead empire. it's 100 percent ceremonial. If the prince trespasses on my land, I will shoot him and ask questions later. grin

My chest....

Stoppittt.....
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

You forget Meghan also worked in Canada for years and made it home.. Canadians are way nicer people than Americans too btw.
Sorry o, awa American people here. Na joke I dey joke o.
grin
I won't visit the US until toxic Trump leaves power angry
I love Americans though grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

This is the governor general among them. It's more than ceremonial.

American and Britain are allies. That's a very strong term politically.
The Queen even in Britain is technically a ceremonial head, despite the utmost respect given to the monarchy.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Canadians are by and large polite and give each other their space. We don’t have a culture of celebrity as the U.S., nor do we have a gutter press that preys on the royals as does Britain.

So, moving to a country like Liberal and multicultural Canada makes a lot of sense. It doesn't take long to figure that out. Lots of liberal minded British folks are moving here too.

Please remember to celebrate Canada Day with us every 1st of july. We became an independent country in 1867 (the Dominion of Canada).

I'm not actually against them moving to Canada.
What I said is that the queen has fangs in Canada so they will have soft landing( if u understand what that means)
That is what started all these.

So, their affairs will still be controlled and aided by the queen through her proxies.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

American and Britain are allies. That's a very strong term politically.
The Queen even in Britain is technically a ceremonial head, despite the utmost respect given to the monarchy.

U don't know what u are talking about.
So let's leave it that way.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

His wife was established IN Canada. She has lived there for years. The Prince secretly courted her in Canada and not US
Yes, I saw that after typing.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by desvi: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:
Anyways. Both Harry and Megan have moved on, atleast for the next one year as agreed by the Queen. The best we can do is wish them well.

Harry, Meghan and Achie moved to one of the most expensive and secluded area in Vancouver, and the house they are moved to had a price tag of $36million.

They made a right choice by selecting Canada. No one is really going to disturb them here. Canadians don't care aslong as tax payers are not footing the bill.

They would often visit the UK to check on the rest of the Royal family. Prince Charles Will also "Offer Private Financial Support" to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle; hence, no more public funds which is actually a good thing. Prince Charles already cut Harry a check of £2.5 million for starters.

Pictures of the house of a Realtors website.

it pains them grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

U be immigrant, when chips are down, the owners of the land will lead the way.

So also when blacks in America, Britain or other European or whatever country aside sub Saharan Africa make mouth anyhow when it comes to politics, they lead, we follow.

If u want to make mouth,enter naija and the coast is clear for u cheesy
Even in naija, I'm not sure we have voice anymore grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by desvi: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Some people choose to be oblivious, and they have their own agenda. Meghan is a divorcee and a feminist- an evening newspaper according to NL standards, yet she managed to have the best of the crop- a wealthy, younger Prince. That doesn't fit the narrative of feminists going to Shiloh, or divorced women never being able to remarry. Nay Sir.
They are only allowed to marry older men with wives or equally divorced men or widowed ones.
I see clearly now..

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Exactly. Even in the recent Brexit drama, her "powers" actually amounted to zilch. She is told what to do and where to sign.

She is a representational symbol of nationhood; the real power lies with government whom the royals gave almost all their rights to how many years ago to stop themselves from being overthrown like other European countries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

U don't know what u are talking about.
So let's leave it that way.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the functions of the queen and how much power she wields politically.
She is mostly a ceremonial figure in England.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

U be immigrant, when chips are down, the owners of the land will lead the way.

So also when blacks in America, Britain or other European or whatever country aside sub Saharan Africa make mouth anyhow when it comes to politics, they lead, we follow.

If u want to make mouth,enter naija and the coast is clear for u cheesy
Even in naija, I'm not sure we have voice anymore grin
Canada belongs to the first Nation aka aboriginal aka real Americans. The ones the British used to refer to as Indians.

I have been told to go back to the jungle I came from in Africa a number of times in the UK but never in Canada, because everyone that is not first Nation is an immigrant or descendant of an immigrants. grin

Here in Canada, we all lead the way.

Not saying Canada is a perfect or model first world country, but atleast we identify and acknowledge faults and problems and try to fix same. But the British, they won't even accept that something is bad and would use words to downplay stuffs.

As per the naija stuff. That is a story for another day cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

Exactly. Even in the recent Brexit drama, her "powers" actually amounted to zilch. She is told what to do and where to sign.

She is a representational symbol of nationhood; the real power lies with government whom the royals gave almost all their rights to how many years ago to stop them from being overthrown like other European countries

As simple as ABC. Several of their European cousins were killed in the various revolutions against their monarchies

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

As simple as ABC. Several of their European cousins were killed in the various revolutions against their monarchies
Yes, blood related cousins. Most were descendants of Queen Victoria since she married her kids to various royal houses in Europe.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Yes o
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

I have not updated myself about them.
Just reading everything here.
Yesterday when I went to class, one lady brought up this issue, our prof was smart, see how she diffused it eeh cheesy

Nigerians are interested because their is " black" there. Not that they really care anyway.
We are killing ourselves here and chuking mouth in another man's wahala when we don't know how they run their stuffs.

Britons are the one that condemned Meghan not even mama Charlie and her family.
Mama Charlie has to act now else, the British people will question her or raise an uprising against her.

Her allegiance lies with her people. British people love that woman more than any celestial being and they love the monarch too. So if u feel u are above the monarch, they will give you the red card.

Harry is seriously regretting. Seriously regretting his rash decision.
Long live the Queen cheesy
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by desvi: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

Don’t mind the oversabi. Prince Harry has even hinted about getting away from it all in the past. Before he met Meghan. He’s always been a free spirit and most affected by his mother’s death. I won’t be surprised the idea came from him. But Meghan has to carry the blame for the British press. The royalty don’t even need them, seeing that Kate is giving birth every year. That one wants to ensure she and her descendants hold on to the throne.

So, Harry and Meghan won’t be missed. I wonder why the fake outrage? Who knew what Prince Charles siblings have even been up to? Who cares? Why should they? So why the obsession, fixation and hatred for Meghan?

independent, successful, liberal

that's why cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Tension In Gabon As President Bongo Is Said To Be Of Nigerian Heritage / Mob Strip Lady For Indecent Dressing / Someone In The UK Put Down A Million-Pound Bet On Joe Biden

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.