Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48039 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by bukatyne(f): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

That bit in his speech was really an eye-opener.

It showed that himself and Meghan did not expect the Queen to take the decision so far.
In my opinion, only Meghan will lose out in the long run because family will always be family, and Harry will always be a prince.

The palace had already "mistakenly" given her the title of a divorced woman, only for them to turn around and say it was an error and they will review it. cheesy
They don't even know what to call her anymore.

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-review-after-meghan-given-title-of-divorced-woman-11913741

Funny.

Prior to now, the press was trolling her.

Now it seems she has invited her in-laws to the party. undecided

I think there is an extent to which Harry would misbehave and they will wash hands off his matter.

All others have misbehaved and stuck with the family.

His predecessor King Edward did not fare well at the end.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Firstcitizen: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Nope, that's a true reflection of the thought process of an intellectual human who understands how the world works.

It's the same way I know that someone like you can't marry into Dangote's family and then try to be calling the shots there. cheesy
That kind of marriage will be a big favour to you, and if you're a sensible person, you will milk it for as long a possible.

Life is a game.
The earlier you understand this, the better for you.

Lol! I never spoke of the intellectual capacity of those that reason in such manner, however I am not a bit suprised that you digressed to make that point. The average Nigerian man thinks he is intellectually superior to other peoples of the world. You see, that is the reason why Nigeria is one of the most technologically advanced and industrialized nations in the globe. A true paradise to live in.

Goodluck to you

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2020
hush15:

Well, maybe there are some salient points however, the fact that the royal family accepted her, they have to tolerate her exigencies a little bit. Don't forget, she is older than Harry, also a brand before she got married to Harry and that ego issue only Harry can subdue, not the royal family. Just maybe she didn't want to be in Diana's shoes, hence her reactions. Well the best step it seems they have taken.its a big sacrifice and we hope it's worth it. The press didn't make it easier but Press do what they do best, take advantage too sell papers. It's same all over the world. See what CNN is doing to trump. See what our own local media is doing to its own people. It's all about sensational headlines to make papers or stories sell.

I wish Meghan and Harry all the best and I pray that marriage last cos too many sacrifices can hurt the best of couples too.
Honestly I think they did all they could.
I mean she did get to act off protocol a lot of the time, so I think the royal family actually accepted her.

The issue is that the British people are a powerful force. In fact, that the British monarchy is still in existence today is only because the people allow it..that's how powerful they are.

There's only so much the palace can do when the people who pay for their lifestyle don't like you.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Parablesonmarble: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2020
adidison:

With this type of mentality it will not stop at northern and southern Nigeria ... it will be your state and another state, then your local govt from another local govt, then your neighborhood from another, then house to house then your living room to bed room even for bedroom will be from bed to wardrobe, left pocket to right pocket. We must learn to prosper as a whole country, division is not the way forward.

Reserve your unity preaching for the marauding Fulani herdsmen and just spare me. It has not worked for sixty years and you think we don't need a review?! In your mind, this right here is working, huh? Its because its broken that we asking for a fix. You think people just develop this kind of mentality overnight? Teach us how to prosper as a nation so we can learn. I maintain, I've got absolutely no business with the reality soap happening in England. I'm more concerned about this contraption called Nigeria. Just this morning, it was reported that another problem between the natives and the Fulanis is loading in Kogi with about 3-5 valuable Nigerian lives lost already. Are we gonna go on this way without doing something to stop the rot except verbally encouraging ourselves to learn to live together while entertaining ourselves with the fiasco in the palace as a distraction from the painful reality of our existence? For me its a no-no. If drifting apart will preserve more lives than remaining united, so be it. After all, no one is indispensable and every single live matters. If you've ever lost a loved one to the pervasive insecurity in this country, I doubt you will still be mouthing unity. If you want to preach unity to me, come to me with facts and figures of what is being done and the advantages of staying united in view of the overwhelming evidences and disadvantages of staying together.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2020
bukatyne:

Funny.

Prior to now, the press was trolling her.

Now it seems she has invited her in-laws to the party. undecided

I think there is an extent to which Harry would misbehave and they will wash hands off his matter.

All others have misbehaved and stuck with the family.

His predecessor King Edward did not fare well at the end.
I don't think it was deliberate on their part or maybe it was. cheesy

But when I found out it was just the use of a 'comma' in her title which is added only for divorcees, then it made sense that it might have been unintentional.

But you can never tell, these people are funny.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2020
jesmond3945:
you think meghan cares. she only care about harry and her son. You try pleasing people who can never be pleased and see how far.
That kind of attitude can be misjudged as arrogance and look where it got her with the press.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jedisco(m): 11:48am On Jan 21, 2020
na2016:

I hope you read with comprehension!

Young man, scurry off

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2020
pafo:

God bless you bro. You laid everything I've had to say down perfectly.
cool
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

That kind of attitude can be misjudged as arrogance and look where it got her with the press.
you need to be arrogant dear. nobody pass british man in the field of arrogance.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2020
sorepco:
What ub u wrote up here made some sense. But on the flip side look at it this way.
Even before prince Harry met Meghan he had sworn that his future wife shall not be maltreated and mistreated like his dead mother princess Diana!
So to him he is doing all to protect his bride from a system that eventually lead to his mother's death.
As for those saying Meghan made a prince to leave his throne. Note that Harry has always wanted a life away from the monarchy. Even before he met Meghan!

For all we even know the op nite be a white British embassy employee pretending to Nigerian! I don't trust the Brits. They can do and undo!
The only people that will stab you in the hearth and ask you if you are ok and if you need a doctor!
kiss lol
cheesycheesy
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Parablesonmarble: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2020
For those of you quoting me, please I'll like to refer you to the very first sentence the op made on this thread. Please if the op care less, why should I care more. I maintain, i'm more concerned about Nigeria and her problems than anything that is happening in the royal family. I carry only one passport and it's the Nigerian green passport. Anyway to make it work here is all that matters to me. Be it unity, division, restructuring, reorganization.... I just want a better life for me and future generations. Not what we are facing now.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by mareema(f): 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Are you a tired wife or a husband who is tired of seeing his wife stress herself up over housework everyday? Are you also confused on where to get maids who are trustworthy and willing to work? Don’t worry, at TheMaid Depot , you can meet varieties and make your selection. Contact 08176500950 for request. We are happy to match you with a domestic staff.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:

Meghan has a long trail of people she has had issues with. She's too toxic to keep a family. She's a destroyer, not a builder.

Her former husband was smart enough to divorce her. Her own father and family are keeping away from her.

If she was such a good person, would she have problems with her own parents and siblings?
meghan aligned with her black heritage thats why. Please investigate to know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
These racist are bold with all their nasty comments because some black baboons (especially the males) have been expressing their envy over this beautiful couple.

Bunch of mor0ns.

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

The Sandrigham Estate part. Okay

Does her family have ties to the monarchy or not and is her father wealthy or not?

Just trying to dispute the claim that she was nothing before marrying Williams.

Having ties to the monarchy is not the same as being born into nobility or aristocracy.

Having a wealthy father isnt the point either. Established wealth isnt the same as nouveau riche, which is where the Middletons have attracted insult upon insult.

That whole paragraph you wrote was about Diana and not just the Sandringham part.

The person wrote that she "was" nothing, which was to do with career and personal achievement. A little harsh, but true.

The person wrote that she "had" nothing, which is obviously not true because her parents were wealthy enough to be able to train her in those upper-class British traditions that served her well when she married, and to finance her lifestyle as an adult.

But the original comment alluded to personal wealth by contrasting her with Meghans "self-made"/"successful" status, which Kate has never had. If they were talking about families, I doubt they would have brought it up because Kate's family is obviously wealthier than Meghans (although Meghan was still able to attend prestigious private institutions in the US because of her father).

So its either you deliberately misconstrued the intent behind the comparison or you genuinely took it from another angle because it wasnt immediately clear to you what they meant.

In any case, all I initially sought to do was point out that that stuff you wrote could only apply to princess Diana.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
jesmond3945:
meghan aligned with her black heritage thats why. Please investigate to know the truth.

Her father and her family that she fought with, those ones aren't black, abi?
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by hush15: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Honestly I think they did all they could.
I mean she did get to act off protocol a lot of the time, so I think the royal family actually accepted her.

The issue is that the British people are a powerful force. In fact, that the British monarchy is still in existence today is only because the people allow it..that's how powerful they are.

There's only so much the palace can do when the people who pay for their lifestyle don't like you.

Hence the choice to stay out completely. It's a good way forward when you have a fair and realistic wife

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

That was Diana.
Hahahahaha. SMH. Isn’t it amazing that some people absolutely don’t know what they are talking about. But they talk with lies with so much confidence. Kate that is a commoner. Rich commoners child.

5 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

Before they left, they tidied up their endorsement deals they do by being royal and the queen just let that be.
Deals worth up to 400m pounds.

Harry can't and will never survive without backup from his family.

He is Britain's darling boy and he expected that such love will be extended to his wife irrespective of her utterances or behaviour as they did to him.

Harry isn't the best model character out there. But because mama Charlie adores him and overlook lots of his childish tantrums al the time, he calculated wrong by displaying the same tantrum and the queen has had enough.
Now, the problem I have with Meghan is nothing except that when u marry, u help better the life of your other half.
Harry is still the same, if not more immature Harry. Add Meghan trying to rub it on the monarch that their tradition is archaic and boring, we got where we are with them now.
Women marry into men's family
They bend to fit in. Meghan never blended to fit in. Rather, it's all about her.

They are still in British colony. So they will still be treated as royal secretly.
If they are really serious about being free, they should leave Canada and go to non British colony, that way, I can take them serious.

As for the press, when Williams and Kate started, the press won't let them be. Williams threatened and sued.

Megan go out and use improper language, these are what led to all these.

If u really worked hard for something, work harder to keep it.

We all pretend we all love what they did but here in Nigeria, We fight to keep our marriage and be in good terms with our husbands people.

Nigerians cheesy
Is she fighting the royal family? I don’t understand what the fake uproar is about. 2 adults can’t decide to step back from royal duties and live a private life? I have not seen anywhere where they said they cut off their family. Except you are feeding into the rubbish racism and fake hysteria of the British press. They are leaving without their money but still you are complaining that he will suffer. They sha didn’t ask you for money?

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by TheSourcerer: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
Adakintroy2:

You Wan talk about God or Christmas without know the truth. Na intellectual delusion DE call you
wtf
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by TheSourcerer: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
Keepem:
get your add up and work... Lazy yoot
how ekpoma
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

you got my point,but my question is for how long will ignorant black people continue to follow the white man like dummies? undecided .Even a blind man knows little Archie is not black but racists will still say he is black and black people will still look on like dummies.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

Hahahahaha. SMH. Isn’t it amazing that some people absolutely don’t know what they are talking about. But they talk with lies with so much confidence. Kate that is a commoner. Rich commoners child.

Lol trust me, if Kate Middleton had even 1% of that wonderful background that dude was typing it would have been better for her.

All they could do was keep reminding us that the mother was an air hostess and the great-grandfather was a coal miner. Very bad

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by DarkJeddi(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Meghan is not the first royal whose every move was scrutinized and condemned.

Brush up on your history.
grin

Maybe you should borrow a leaf from your own suggestion and brush up your history..

The Uncle of Queen Elizabeth II,

King Edward VIII,abdicated the throne for the very same reason,that he dared to marry a divorcee..

He a King,has to choose between his love and his Kingdom..

And he choose to follow his heart..

Prince Charles first love was never Princess Diana,if he even loved her at all..

His first love and current wife was a Divorcee and he had to deny her and marry a conventional bride to keep his right to the Crown..

Meghan is a Black Divorcee,she is already disadvantaged from the word go..

The British might act Prime and Proper..

But make no mistake,they know what they are doing and it is NOT the first time..

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

Lol trust me, if Kate Middleton had even 1% of that wonderful background that dude was typing it would have been better for her.

All they could do was keep reminding us that the mother was an air hostess and the great-grandfather was a coal miner. Very bad
LMAO! But truly Kate is like a rich persons child who came up from Agege but is able to send their children to the poshest schools in Nigeria where the elite children go. Then they groom her with private tutors to be what the future King will want. It doesn’t even mean they are billionaire rich.

I know some families in Nigeria who will starve to send their children to such schools because they think it means better connections and a better life. Nigerians are now trying to say Kate is better background wise than Meghan, that’s hilarious. Maybe because she’s white?

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

Having ties to the monarchy is not the same as being born into nobility or aristocracy.

Having a wealthy father isnt the point either. Established wealth isnt the same as nouveau riche, which is where the Middletons have attracted insult upon insult.

That whole paragraph you wrote was about Diana and not just the Sandringham part.

The person wrote that she "was" nothing, which was to do with career and personal achievement. A little harsh, but true.

The person wrote that she "had" nothing, which is obviously not true because her parents were wealthy enough to be able to train her in those upper-class British traditions that served her well when she married, and to finance her lifestyle as an adult.

But the original comment alluded to personal wealth by contrasting her with Meghans "self-made"/"successful" status, which Kate has never had. If they were talking about families, I doubt they would have brought it up because Kate's family is obviously wealthier than Meghans (although Meghan was still able to attend prestigious private institutions in the US because of her father).

So its either you deliberately misconstrued the intent behind the comparison or you genuinely took it from another angle because it wasnt immediately clear to you what they meant.

In any case, all I initially sought to do was point out that that stuff you wrote could only apply to princess Diana.
You try too hard.

I already admitted my mistake in giving a Diana bio for Kate, I had it mixed up which doesn't surprise me considering I'm responding to different people and still doing my thing out here.

Whether in personal achievement or family achievement, Kate Middleton was never a nobody. Full stop.

You're the one trying hard to draw your own interpretations to what that guy meant by 'Nobody'.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Kate was brought up on the grounds of the Sandringham Estate, which houses the private residence of the Queen. She was taught the way of life of a courtier from childhood and was born into British nobility - her family has ties to the monarchy from way back.

You don't know what you don't know.

Tell us one of her life achievement apart from being married to William mate.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
how ekpoma
lol

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

[s]LMAO! But truly Kate is like a rich persons child who came up from Agege but is able to send their children to the poshest schools in Nigeria where the elite children go. Then they groom her with private tutors to be what the future King will want. It doesn’t even mean they are billionaire rich.

I know some families in Nigeria who will starve to send their children to such schools because they think it means better connections and a better life. Nigerians are now trying to say Kate is better background wise than Meghan, that’s hilarious. Maybe because she’s white?[/s]
euromilion:

Tell us one of her life achievement apart from being married to William mate.

1. By the early 19th century, the Middleton family was established in the West Riding of Yorkshire as cultural and civic figures, particularly in the legal profession. The family firm existed for over 150 years, closing in 1985

2. Catherine Elizabeth Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading on 9 January 1982 into an upper-middle-class family.

3. Her father's family has ties to British aristocracy and benefited financially from trust funds which they established over 100 years ago.

4. The Middletons were described as "friends of British royalty" to whom, in their civic capacity, they "played host as long ago as 1926"

5. She also worked until January 2011 at the family business in catalogue design and production, marketing, and photography.
Prior to her marriage, Middleton lived in an apartment owned by her parents in Chelsea, London, which was estimated to be worth £1–1.4 million.

6. In 2018, Catherine's total net worth was estimated at £5–7.3 million, most of which is from her parents' company.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

1. By the early 19th century, the Middleton family was established in the West Riding of Yorkshire as cultural and civic figures, particularly in the legal profession. The family firm existed for over 150 years, closing in 1985

2. Catherine Elizabeth Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading on 9 January 1982 into an upper-middle-class family.

3. Her father's family has ties to British aristocracy and benefited financially from trust funds which they established over 100 years ago.

4. The Middletons were described as "friends of British royalty" to whom, in their civic capacity, they "played host as long ago as 1926"

5. She also worked until January 2011 at the family business in catalogue design and production, marketing, and photography.
Prior to her marriage, Middleton lived in an apartment owned by her parents in Chelsea, London, which was estimated to be worth £1–1.4 million.

6. In 2018, Catherine's total net worth was estimated at £5–7.3 million, most of which is from her parents' company.
Haha hahahhahaha. Please. I won’t indulge you. I know you have been itching from the first page. It’s not worth it. I have things to do, I won’t involve myself in unending debates. Her father is a commoner! A coal miners descendant! You want to compare an apartment in Chelsea to palaces that the elite live in? You are a joker. What is a 1m pound apartment? Very cheap compared to what she married into. William can even buy that apartment for his dog.

5 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by ajebuter(f): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:
The British are racist and Meghan is a fool.

Meghan has had issues with her family, her father, her previous husband, his family, the British Press and the Royal family.

She is a destroyer, not a builder. She needs to marry someone like Ned Nwoko. grin

I swear you no well..

But true talk....Ned Nwoko or OBJ go fit am..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

Is she fighting the royal family? I don’t understand what the fake uproar is about. 2 adults can’t decide to step back from royal duties and live a private life? I have not seen anywhere where they said they cut off their family. Except you are feeding into the rubbish racism and fake hysteria of the British press. They are leaving without their money but still you are complaining that he will suffer. They sha didn’t ask you for money?
Cool down.
The press live off people. Don't give them the room to feast on you.

If Meghan has been doing what is really expected of her,the royal family will fight her battle for her.
Simple.

The press came for kate at the early stage of their marriage too.

This is the press. It's like that everywhere. Worst in Nigeria too. Or is it USA?

U hang out with friends and snob their traditions in their faces?
The royal family don't display affections publicly unless the press secretly videotaped u.
But Meghan and Harry will go out to elite dinners, kiss and display such affections not meant to be seen in public publicly. U had sitting arrangements that's been going on for ages, u just ignore it and sit anywhere u want to.

If u want to marry a royal in any country, do try and abide by their rules and etiquette. The British monarch has some that is obviously rubbish to me and u and an average American, don't come and tell them they are boring and try to impose your ways to them.

If the queen don't like Meghan, she wouldn't have given her that title. Remember the same British people who condemned her also fought the comedian that pulled one useless prank with their new born baby and he was immediately sacked from BBC.

So it's not about racism, not liking her( by the way, there will be no British wedding if they actually hate her).
Meghan has loads of drama. I am not talking about her family or ex here, I mean her as a person.

Upon all these dramas, the monarch still made them very comfy. The bone of contention was what Harry did because some online poll want Meghan be stripped of her official title. Why not wait and let the queen and the seniors decide that. Some online poll that was done by teens probably. He in his immaturity lashed out by saying he and his wife don't want again.
Is it those people that gave them that title?
Why not allow mama Charlie and his dad to handle it?
Total disrespect to his grand mother, monarch, family and the British people.
What would Meghan have done? Go and beg even if its against her better judgement, she is an actress for heaven's sake. Use the opportunity that presented itself to align with the family. I will personally betray my husband here, go to his family and tell them this is what my husband plans to do. That way, u are showing that it's family first and u are committed to this family.
Do what u gat to do and let the family fight the battle for u.

But she didn't and look at her now.
She missed a golden opportunity.
Wisdom is profitable to him who has ears.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US / Oil Spill In Mauritius Turns Crystal Clear Indian Ocean Black (Photos) / Yahya Jammeh Flees As West African Troops Enter Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.