Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48178 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Canada belongs to the first Nation aka aboriginal aka real Americans. The ones the British used to refer to as Indians.

I have been told to go back to the jungle I came from in Africa a number of times in the UK but never in Canada, because everyone that is not first Nation is an immigrant or descendant of an immigrants. grin

Here in Canada, we all lead the way.

Not saying Canada is a perfect or model first world country, but atleast we identify and acknowledge faults and problems and try to fix same. But the British, they won't even accept that something is bad and would use words to downplay stuffs.

As per the naija stuff. That is a story for another day cheesy
See this newbie.
You most certainly arrived Canada within the last 10years & already forming landlord. grin

Go ask your seniors who got there in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, let them tell you what they had to hear and go through at the hands of Canadians, worse things than you can ever imagine.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
The British have rejected Harry's wife, and he has also rejected them.
The snub is second to non. They definitely felt it. He took back the reins of control in his own little way.
Someone says Harry is regretting his decisions. Same Harry that played a certain type of music- Stone Rose's "this is the one" song on his instagram page at his last engagement?
In Jenifas voice - Bye Britain, See ya, catsch ya, larra
Many on here really do not understand British people's innuendos and passive aggressiveness. Harry is properly British, and properly schooled in their ways.
He can hold his own well. It's a game he is well versed at.

Some lyrics I found interesting in the song...

I'd like to leave the country
For a month of Sunday
Burn the town where I was born
If only she'd believe me
Bellona Belladonna
Burn me out or bring me home
Etc.

Very nice rock and roll song. A man utd favourite too .
Aswearrit, Harry is raving mahdd....
Mahhhddd o grin

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

U be immigrant, when chips are down, the owners of the land will lead the way.

So also when blacks in America, Britain or other European or whatever country aside sub Saharan Africa make mouth anyhow when it comes to politics, they lead, we follow.

If u want to make mouth,enter naija and the coast is clear for u cheesy
Even in naija, I'm not sure we have voice anymore grin
Lol, I can't laugh. cheesy
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

See this newbie.
You most certainly arrived Canada within the last 10years & already forming landlord. grin

Go ask your seniors who got there in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, let them tell you what they had to hear and go through in the hands of Canadians, worse things than you can ever imagine.
Atleast, Canada identified a race problem and fixed it, and still trying hard to fix them or whatever remnants that are left. The "senior" Nigerians I met here are all successful in their careers and are doing well.
Our last minister of immigration,.Ahmed Hussein was a Somalian refugee that moved to Canada in 1994. Imagine a former refugee becoming the chief landlord grin

I have never felt more at home since I moved here. I am a bonafide landlord. No more hostility like I felt when I lived in Britain grin

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Atleast, Canada identified a race problem and fixed it, and still trying hard to fix them or whatever reminants that are left. The "senior" Nigerians I met here are all successful in their careers and are doing well.
Our last minister of immigration,.Ahmed Hussein was a Somalian refugee that moved to Canada in 1994. Imagine a former refugee becoming the chief landlord grin

I have never felt more at home since I moved here. I am a bonafide landlord. No more hostility like I felt when I lived in Britain. cheesy
Okay landlord, no issue there.

I only just needed you to admit that bit in bold, instead of making it seem to those who don't know better, that Canada is the most racially equal country on earth. cheesy

Save it mahn... grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Okay landlord, no issue there.

I only just needed you to admit that bit in bold, instead of making it seem to those who don't know better, that Canada is the most racially equal country on earth. cheesy

Save it mahn... grin
At least we are far ahead of Britain, that was my point. A country where the majority won't even admit they have a race problem cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

At least we are far ahead of Britain, that was my point cheesy
Sure, in producing maple syrup. grin

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Sure, in producing maple syrup. grin
Nothing wrong with maple syrup. We and our American cousins love it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Lyrics from Stone's Roses' "This is the one" song
I absolutely love it

:
A girl consumed by fire
We all know her desire
From the plans that she has made
I had her on a promise
Immerse me in your splendour
All the plans that I have made
This is the one (×5)
She's waited for

This is the one (×3)
Oh this is the one
This is the one
She's waited for

I'd like to leave the country
For a month of Sunday
Burn the town where I was born
If only she'd believe me
Bellona Belladonna
Burn me out or bring me home

And this is the one
This is the one (×5)
She's waited for

Chai what a song. See lyrics.. encore, encore

This is the one (×3)
Oh this is the one
This is the one
I've waited for

Oh this is the one
Oh this is the one
This is the one...

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Nothing wrong with maple syrup. We and our American cousins love it. cheesy
grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Canada belongs to the first Nation aka aboriginal aka real Americans. The ones the British used to refer to as Indians.

I have been told to go back to the jungle I came from in Africa a number of times in the UK but never in Canada, because everyone that is not first Nation is an immigrant or descendant of an immigrants. grin

Here in Canada, we all lead the way.

Not saying Canada is a perfect or model first world country, but atleast we identify and acknowledge faults and problems and try to fix same. But the British, they won't even accept that something is bad and would use words to downplay stuffs.

As per the naija stuff. That is a story for another day cheesy
I live and work in UK but I have never been told to to back to any jungle. Once, one of my kids was called coconut head bc he barbed off all his hair by one of his classmates and he was very unfortunate to say it close to my hearing.
The mum shed all the tears in river Thames that day cos she thought I will report her boy and it's close to expulsion if not expulsion instantly.
I school in UK too.

The only diff is that they expected( especially in school) that we don't have something in our head.
But in my class, the blacks there are showing them pepper. These are people that left school maybe 10 yrs ago.

I have been to the mall in my early days in UK like twice and had problem with my purchase, money and stuffs.
Both times, British people next to me thought I needed those stuffs but don't have money to pay for them as I just abandoned them and went out to clear my head, one tried to pay for them, another ran after me and stuffed 10pounds bill in my hand. Had to run back and gave her the money back after convincing her I don't actually need those stuffs immediately and can still buy them if I want to.

My husband's landlady when he moved over was a brit, when he got his own place, this lady equipped his house from start to finish except fridge and washing machine and tv. The guy don't know how to say no to her.
Subtly told her I want to replace some so she won't feel offended and shipped them to charity.

She bought lots of designer wears for me, and when we arrived, made us feel at home with her kindness.
I had to insist she stop at a time cos I'm not used to that.
So will i say now they are bad?

Every country has their good and bad.

And yes, u all model yourself after British. Britain paved way for women revolution. Almost all first world country look up to them. Without Britain, we would still be answering our husbands sir.

U will not win this at all.
I made my research very well.

(I love Canada o, don't get me wrong) but every country has their strength and weakness.
Don't try to rubbish Britain cos u wanna massage your ego

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

I live and work in UK but I have never been told to to back to any jungle. Once, one of my kids was called coconut head bc he barbed off all his hair by one of his classmates and he was very unfortunate to say it close to my hearing.
The mum shed all the tears in river Thames that day cos she thought I will report her boy and it's close to expulsion if not expulsion instantly.
I school in UK too.

The only diff is that they expected( especially in school) that we don't have something in our head.
But in my class, the blacks there are showing them pepper. These are people that left school maybe 10 yrs ago.

I have been to the mall in my early days in UK like twice and had problem with my purchase, money and stuffs.
Both times, British people next to me thought I needed those stuffs but don't have money to pay for them as I just abandoned them and went out to clear my head, one tried to pay for them, another ran after me and stuffed 10pounds bill in my hand. Had to run back and gave her the money back after convincing her I don't actually need those stuffs immediately and can still buy them if I want to.

My husband's landlady when he moved over was a brit, when he got his own place, this lady equipped his house from start to finish except fridge and washing machine and tv. The guy don't know how to say no to her.
Subtly told her I want to replace some so she won't feel offended and shipped them to charity.

She bought lots of designer wears for me, and when we arrived, made us feel at home with her kindness.

And yes, u all model yourself after British. Britain paved way for women revolution. Almost all first world country look up to them. Without Britain, we would still be answering our husbands sir.

(I love Canada o, don't get me wrong) but every country has their strength and weakness.
My ego grin
The majority of black Britons know better.
I schooled in Manchester and my experience was different. Told to go back to my country a couple of times. I should have asked which one then sef (Nigeria, Ghana or Austria)? but I was young then
A Polish would not have been told to FO based on the colour of his skin.

Another woman almost hit myself and my cousin in a bus in Dagenham. (My cousin has same complexion like Meghan). The offence was that there were lots of non white in the bus, and she was so angry and bitter about how coloured people were taking over Dagenham. She could not even hide her hate. These are just a few example of many racist behaviour. No point in listing them all here.

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

My ego grin
The majority of black Britons know better.
I schooled in Manchester and my experience was different. Told to go back to my country a couple of times. I should have asked which one then sef. (Nigeria, Ghana or Austria) but I was young then?
A Polish would not have been told to FO based on the colour of his skin.

Another woman almost hit myself and my cousin in a bus in Dagenham. (My cousin has same complexion like Meghan). The offence was that their were lots of non white in the bus, and she was so angry and bitter.

I just told u my experience, everybody have their own experiences.

Just like the one I posted about Canada.

So until I suffer racist attack, I still remain neutral.

U hate Britain and don't want to see anything good about brit. So also some people will tell you confidently that Canada is very racist subtly. Infact from.what I have been reading so far, Canada tend to sweep such under the carpet. Exactly like u are doing. And show the world what they want to see.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

I just told u my experience, everybody have their own experiences.

Just like the one I posted about Canada.

So until I suffer racist attack, I still remain neutral.

U hate Britain and don't want to see anything good about brit. So also some people will tell you confidently that Canada is very racist subtly. Infact from.what I have been reading so far, Canada tend to sweep such under the carpet. Exactly like u are doing. And show the world what they want to see.
I admitted that Canada has it's own problem too, but atleast they are making serious effort to fix the racial problems, but Britons try too hard to downplay and act like they don't have a race issues. A good example was the video posted earlier on this thread.

please don't get me wrong, I do not hate Britain. All my siblings live in Britain. I was just an outcast that decided to move away. I felt the country was holding me back from reaching my full potential.

Is BNP still a significant political party in Britain? When I left the UK in 2012, they had strongholds in Barking/Dagenham and some other London borough.

I was also appalled when I visited the UK last summer (my first visit since I left). I was shopping around Oxford and somehow found myself in a free Tommy Robinson protest angry.
Like seriously, in 2019

I had to take pictures to show my work colleagues of Britain in 2019. grin. They were shocked. I felt like a tourist and also was a bit shocked to be honest i.e. seeing a bunch of racists having the guts to lead a protest in broad daylight cheesy. This would have been a norm to me in previous years.

I still miss Britain though, and the craziness that goes on there, the pomp and circumstance marches played at events, the crazy football fans (especially when there is a champions league match played at home), the aroma from the fish and chips shops, the kebabs etc. I have promised myself that I would visit atleast once every year. Canada can be very boring due to the cold and, the peeps here being so laid back.

Rule, Britannia! wink

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

I admitted that Canada has it's own problem too, but atleast they are making serious effort to fix the racial problems, but Britons try too hard to downplay and act like they don't have a race issues. A good example was the video posted earlier on this thread.

please don't get me wrong, I do not hate Britain. All my siblings live in Britain. I was just an outcast that decided to move away. I felt the country was holding me back from reaching my full potential.

Is BNP still a significant political party in Britain? When I left the UK in 2012, they had strongholds in Barking/Dagenham and some other London borough.

I was also appalled when I visited the UK last summer (my first visit since I left). I was shopping around Oxford and somehow found myself in a free Tommy Robinson protest angry.
Like seriously, in 2019

I had to take pictures to show my work colleagues of Britain in 2019. grin. They were shocked. I felt like a tourist and also was a bit shocked to be honest i.e. seeing a bunch of racists having the guts to lead a protest in broad daylight cheesy. This would have been a norm to me in previous years.

I still miss Britain though, and the craziness that goes on there, the pomp and circumstance marches played at events, the crazy football fans (especially when there is a champions league match played at home), the aroma from the fish and chips shops, the kebabs etc. I have promised myself that I would visit atleast once every year. Canada can be very boring due to the cold and, the peeps here being so laid back.

Rule, Britannia! wink
The first sentence is what I want to hear.

No where is bed of roses but some places are better.

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by sweetrace(f): 7:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

I'm NOT sorry to type this, but I will because it is what it is:
Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.

Marriage is certainly not a favor. Meghan has her own money, celebrity status and following even before she got married to a member of the British family. Every bride wants things done her way at her wedding. Even those that can’t rub two cents together. Meghan is not an exception.

As for being a divorcée, it does not make her subhuman. It probably makes her a more mature individual. And what is the comparison with Beyoncé? Please?

Oh and you’re absolutely wrong. Meghan Markle is a first rate actress. That you don’t know or follow her does not mean you should even consider reducing her worth. She does not need the money or fame from the royal family. What she needed and asked for was acceptance and not to mold her into anyone’s concept of a princess. She adhered to major rules, and things that were insignificant, she like most members of the royal family did not bother with.

Agree or not, from the very days of their courtship, her being mixed race was a very big deal with some members of the British public and not even the royal family. Most often, when people’s minds are made up, there is practically nothing one can do to change it. They did not want the black part of her and made no effort to hide this. Thankfully, the most important person in her life understands her and supports her.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
sassysure:

The first sentence is what I want to hear.

No where is bed of roses but some places are better.

kiss kiss kiss
Absolutely. Both countries have merits and demerits. smiley

From the sister thread:
sassysure:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/opinion/trudeau-canada-election-racism.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwjxotaei5XnAhUHZMAKHXWeAdgQFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2FiXXInau5yS470aXm8TyW&ampcf=1

Salford1,no country is perfect

sassysure:
https://www.theguardian.com › ...
Canada is overdue for a reckoning with its anti-black racism | Tayo Bero | Opinion | The ...

My point is that the grass is always greener on the other side.

The articles you posted above are brilliant especially the one with the Trudeau blackface incident. You know what he did after the incident? he went on national TV, acknowledged he commited a racist act.and apologized for the incident. This is one of the reason why I like Canada, we try hard to call out racism when we see one and also try to make amends. In Britain, we often defend and protect racism/racists.

When I moved here, it was hard for me to call out racism. I had been programmed in Britain to say: oh it's a bias, it's aggression, oh it's ignorance, and all other fancy BS words.

In Canada, it's very ugly to be labelled a racist. It brings shame to those close to them and disassociation would begin immediately if you don't acknowledge your wrongs and apologize..

If that BBC guy that posted the monkey picture tried that shyte in Canada, that would have been the end of him, but guy man even received a standing ovation at a large event somewhere in the Midlands or was it Newcastle grin.
He apologized but still denied that there was a racist undertone/intent behind the post.

People like Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson, Nick Griffin e.t.c. won't be able to influence their immediate family members not to mention influencing a whole borough or winning political seats like it happened in the UK..One Canadian politician contesting for PM tried that Europe shyte here, he didn't even win in his riding and his party went down with him grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by yeyeosoronga: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
An interesting perspective from Phrankleen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E632E82hVk

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
An interesting perspective from Phrankleen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E632E82hVk
Phrankleen na better man. I watched this video a couple of days ago and he did not disappoint. He is always on point.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by adidison(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
Parablesonmarble:

Reserve your unity preaching for the marauding Fulani herdsmen and just spare me. It has not worked for sixty years and you think we don't need a review?! In your mind, this right here is working, huh? Its because its broken that we asking for a fix. You think people just develop this kind of mentality overnight? Teach us how to prosper as a nation so we can learn. I maintain, I've got absolutely no business with the reality soap happening in England. I'm more concerned about this contraption called Nigeria. Just this morning, it was reported that another problem between the natives and the Fulanis is loading in Kogi with about 3-5 valuable Nigerian lives lost already. Are we gonna go on this way without doing something to stop the rot except verbally encouraging ourselves to learn to live together while entertaining ourselves with the fiasco in the palace as a distraction from the painful reality of our existence? For me its a no-no. If drifting apart will preserve more lives than remaining united, so be it. After all, no one is indispensable and every single live matters. If you've ever lost a loved one to the pervasive insecurity in this country, I doubt you will still be mouthing unity. If you want to preach unity to me, come to me with facts and figures of what is being done and the advantages of staying united in view of the overwhelming evidences and disadvantages of staying together.

Dude ... to be honest, has anything worked in Nigeria for the past 60yrs? We need to review the whole country. I have said it a million times we need to change our mentality and be disciplined. The herdsmen have been in nigeria since I was a child, why is it now they keep killing in the south/ middlebelt? Believe me it is political Just like Boko Haram before it got out of hand.

I know you don't care about England and all their fairytale problems but your point about Nigeria is what got my attention. Are you going to blame the sokoto state governor because Edo state is not developed? Is somebody in Kano going to blame the governor of Abia state because there are too many almajiries on the road? Collectively we are all suffering because of corruption, greed and bad leadership and it's making people angry and frustrated.

What makes you sure that drifting apart will help the situation. After drifting apart kidnapping becomes worse, police brutality becomes worse, armed robbery becomes worse, this tribe accuses the other tribe of cheating - what will you do now, drift again?!?!?! Just look at South Sudan who should be the richest African country now but it's from frying pan to fire because they had civil war and Uganda had to step in.

It's easy to just sit and imagine but when reality sets in it's a different story with out proper plan. Believe me Northern people are one of the most genuine people you will ever meet but it's always the bad people that make too much noise. We all need to change to make this country a better place not only for us but for future generations.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
sweetrace:

Marriage is certainly not a favor. Meghan has her own money, celebrity status and following even before she got married to a member of the British family. Every bride wants things done her way at her wedding. Even those that can’t rub two cents together. Meghan is not an exception.

As for being a divorcée, it does not make her subhuman. It probably makes her a more mature individual. And what is the comparison with Beyoncé? Please?

Oh and you’re absolutely wrong. Meghan Markle is a first rate actress. That you don’t know or follow her does not mean you should even consider reducing her worth. She does not need the money or fame from the royal family. What she needed and asked for was acceptance and not to mold her into anyone’s concept of a princess. She adhered to major rules, and things that were insignificant, she like most members of the royal family did not bother with.

Agree or not, from the very days of their courtship, her being mixed race was a very big deal with some members of the British public and not even the royal family. Most often, when people’s minds are made up, there is practically nothing one can do to change it. They did not want the black part of her and made no effort to hide this. Thankfully, the most important person in her life understands her and supports her.
Lol, girl we have gone way past that comment.. but please, allow me welcome you to the party.
It's never too late to get intoxicated.

So how do you like your drink baby?

Cocktail with a slice of racism, or some Chapman with a tinge of arrogance?
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

Yes Na. That guy doesn’t know how the system works. He’s just reading Oyinbo newspaper and getting his boxers in a twist. Talking about contexts he doesn’t understand. Kate is a commoners daughter. Even her net worth is not from her but her father. Meghan worked for everything she has. So what if she divorced that numbskull she married?

The girl stood, married a prince against all odds and tried to live in that evil society. How can over 1 million people be hating at the same damn time grin. She finally decided that enough. Harry actually and they decided to live a quiet life to give their family a chance. But these fake negroes are here saying that she’s this and that. The marriage won’t work. If it won’t work, that’s their business. They gave it a good try so that’s very good for them.

Its a complex issue and people try to brush over the details to make themselves feel important. When you now point something out to them, they begin to rant.

A self-made outsider who already had a whole life of her own before marriage and a class-volatile "English rose" heiress who had been preparing to say "I do" for over a decade cant be forced into the same context unless you just want to deceive yourself. There are so many levels of reference and analysis that would come into play

The marriage wont work, the marriage wont work. Whatever! The most important thing is that they managed to get Archie away from the whole mess before he got old enough to notice it.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by sweetrace(f): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lol, girl we have gone way past that comment.. but please, allow me welcome you to the party.
It's never too late to get intoxicated.

So how do you like your drink baby?

Cocktail with a slice of racism, or some Chapman with a tinge of arrogance?

Please stop being patronizing. It is ridiculous and demeaning. On a nameless and faceless forum you address one as girl? You can choose to address the points I raised or ignore them completely. But to be patronizing??

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
sweetrace:

Please stop being patronizing. It is ridiculous and demeaning. On a nameless and faceless forum you address one as girl? You can choose to address the points I raised or ignore them completely. But to be patronizing??
I'm shocked you only had an issue with being addressed as a 'girl' and not the 'baby' part of it. cheesy

Anyway, let me humor you since it means a lot to you.
Only one point in your entire post is to be addressed and that's you calling Meghan a "first rate" (whatever you think this means) actress.

You see, being honest should never be interpreted as being hateful, having sinister motives, or trying to reduce someone's worth. It is just plain honesty.

Hollywood has a scale for measuring the pedigree of actors/actresses - A-list, B, C, and D-list. (Note: not rate)
Meghan Markle is on the C-list.

- A is strictly for box-office movie stars whose presence in a feature film can rake in the mulla at the cinemas.
- B is strictly for big television stars (most are former box office stars) who are the main actors/producers on their own shows, or just the main cast of actors in a long running show (syndicated).
- C also encompasses television stars, but is reserved for those whose career on television is not quite up to the pedigree of those on the B-list. They are known by face, not by name.
- D is for reality show stars, game show hosts, etc.

I did not create this hierarchy, you can take up your issue with those who did.

Every other point in your post has been addressed on the thread. You can scroll through baby. grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
@ sweetrace, just in case the plenty lettering in my post above is not convincing enough, you can also read what her friend had to say in the link below.

A "first rate" actress who used to find it hard getting designers to style her. Interesting.
Seems they started noticing her only after she began dating & married Prince Harry.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/meghan-markle-designers-ignored

PS:
Fox news is not British press/Tabloid, just in case that would have been your next defence.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Chileads(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

I'm NOT sorry to type this, but I will because it is what it is:
Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.

See as una carry oyibo matter for head

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Destinyosaro(m): 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
Mad oh[sub][/sub] tongue tongue tongue
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by na2016: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Chi59:

You care. That's why you're frying your balls over another person's decision.

And you frying your hole over what ??
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Minnmick10: 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
LewsTherin:
Usually, I couldn't care less about the Royal Family. They fill in blank spaces on my news feed. But seeing the amount of shtick Harry and Meghan have been getting for wanting to move on without the burden of the Royal Family and all its accoutrements, I read up on a few stories and came across some massively biased reporting.

Not everything is as it seems, and everything is definitely coloured according to the reporter's bias. Yes, pun intended.

Check out some reports of Meghan doing the same thing as Kate and ask yourself why Harry is pissed.

na them know
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by CeterisXVII: 1:20am On Jan 22, 2020
Hotfreez:
Did she divorce her former husband because of racism too?

Is that racism that made Meghan have issues with her biological father and her own family too?
How many of her family members did you see at her wedding? Tell me.

Megan's former husband dumped her and ran. Her father ran, her own family ran.
Shebi it is towtow that isn't allowing Harry reason straight, she would wreck him and dump him.

No, Meghan's father behaved very badly before the wedding and was even using Meghan's status to score cheap points and trade off.

Meghan did not allow her father to attend the wedding, to please the royal family, who were already pissed off at his behaviour.

He later made up an excuse about having s heart attack so he couldn't come for the wedding.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 1:35am On Jan 22, 2020
sassysure:

I school in UK too.

which part of uk?
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by galadima77(m): 6:29am On Jan 22, 2020
crackkhaus:

While some of you are busy forming happy on their behalf, the Prince says the opposite and expressed how he truly feels about the whole situation.

How you or anyone can be happy for someone who is deeply saddened, is beyond all human comprehension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55OQ7aC7hW4

Not everyone truly get it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ukraine: 40-Mile Russian Convoy Threatens Kyiv / China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US / 2 Starving Afghan Boys Tied To A Wood By The Taliban For Stealing Bread (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.