Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It (12025 Views)

People Don’t Believe They Are Twins” – Mum Flaunts Albino Daughter And Black Bro / I Can't Believe It!!! Have Started Chilling With Big Celebrities (pics). / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
Someone just told me these poultry chickens don’t fvck but they lay eggs continuously for a period of time. shocked shocked

How true is this?

When I was little I do see male hen chasing a chicken around, after which the male hen will pin the chicken down and slide in from the back. The thing will just slide in for like 2 to 4 seconds and it’s out. grin After which the chicken will lay eggs after a period of time.

So what kinda biological advancement will make a chicken lay eggs without getting laid??

Educate me!!!

PS: for educational purposes only.

EDITED: if you think the thread is not romance related, go through the comments section and see the way the posters are mentioning cocck and rooster grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by healthserve(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
Na wa o. Google up Self fertilisation. Are you sure you weren't abstaining from biology and agric classes to go play around back in your acamedia days

14 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by MunorAnne(f): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
Their feeds make it possible. We've got feeds for broilers, layers, etc. There's a way you even feed the cockerels sef and they will lay eggs.
Abegi, my brother, everything for this life Don dey turn upside down finish.

32 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by healthserve(m): 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2020
MunorAnne:
Their feeds make it possible. We've got feeds for broilers, layers, etc. There's a way you even feed the cockerels sef and they will lay eggs.

You're kidding me right. Nigerians are clowns.

Oya you too go study types of fertilization and how some plants and animals can produce through self fertilization

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by luminouz(m): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
healthserve:

Oya you too go study types of fertilization and how some plants and animals can produce through self fertilization

So you mean a layer self-fertilizes itself? shocked
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Yemike(m): 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
Artificial Insemination.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by andycoal40(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
MunorAnne:

Veru true..the feeds contain certain "hormone boosters".. the only difference is that feed gotten eggs can't hatch because no fission of egg and sperm

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by revenge001: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
op seems is the year 1900 for you

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by MunorAnne(f): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
healthserve:

Ok o, chief clown.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by MunorAnne(f): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
andycoal40:

Veru true..the feeds contain certain "hormone boosters".. the only difference is that feed gotten eggs can't hatch because no fission of egg and sperm
thank you my brother. That's how some people will not know shishi, but will be claiming to be Einstein.

11 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by mrgreen4real(m): 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
andycoal40:

Are you sure the eggs would not hash when kept in an incubator? Just my thought though. I used to think its the function of temperature subjected to.
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by andycoal40(m): 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
mrgreen4real:

Are you sure the eggs would not hash when kept in an incubator? Just my thought though. I used to think its the function of temperature subjected to.

Nop..it will never hatch if the birds got their eggs laid via hormone food ingestion

10 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by KAHBOOM: 11:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
Local hen lay eggs on dere own without bin fertilized buy a rooster or without feed.It is not by feed..chickens lay egg naturally.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by KAHBOOM: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
MunorAnne:

Its not by feed alone..Local chicken can lay eggs naturally on dere own without fertilization or feed but the eggs will never hatch cos it wasn't fertilized my a male cock.

18 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by dukeprince50: 11:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
MunorAnne:
How annoying.
I studied Agriculture and was about to show of here but you don already finish work.
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by tomju(m): 12:07am On Jan 21, 2020
stupidity:
Someone just told me these poultry chickens don’t fvck but they lay eggs continuously for a period of time. shocked shocked

How true is this?

When I was little I do see male hen chasing a chicken around, after which the male hen will pin the chicken down and slide in from the back. The thing will just slide in for like 2 to 4 seconds and it’s out. grin After which the chicken will lay eggs after a period of time.

So what kinda biological advancement will make a chicken lay eggs without getting laid??

Educate me!!!
The feed they get, layers mash is responsible for laying of eggs without a cock. In poultry farming you have over 5000 birds laying eggs. How many cocks do you see in the poultry? None!! Yet they lay thousands of eggs daily.

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by tomju(m): 12:10am On Jan 21, 2020
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Heloct(f): 12:14am On Jan 21, 2020
They lay unfertilized eggs cos of the nutrients that has been incorporated into their feed.

But really? Why are we discussing chickens in romance section.

4 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by MunorAnne(f): 12:21am On Jan 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
How annoying.
I studied Agriculture and was about to show of here but you don already finish work.
Sorry, no vex. Another thread on agriculture go soon pop up.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by MunorAnne(f): 12:22am On Jan 21, 2020
KAHBOOM:

Its not by feed alone..Local chicken can lay eggs naturally on dere own without fertilization or feed but the eggs will never hatch cos it wasn't fertilized my a male cock.
ok sir
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by telkevog(m): 2:13am On Jan 21, 2020
andycoal40:

Nop..it will never hatch if the birds got their eggs laid via hormone food ingestion

Bros they do hatch. That's how you get day olds in large numbers. While some of the egg are sold for consumption, others are hatched for regeneration!
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Gofwane(m): 3:21am On Jan 21, 2020
Heloct:

because it is about male and female chickens. And it is also about fvck grin

15 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Techcrunchng(m): 3:53am On Jan 21, 2020
stupidity:

How true is this?

Educate me!!!

There's nothing like male hen, I guess you meant rooster/cockerel or simply c0ck.

Chicken can't lay eggs because it's a young fowl or a meat from fowl, I guess you meant hen.
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by fiercehillz(m): 6:43am On Jan 21, 2020
Hens (mature female chickens) lay eggs irrespective of breed, fertilization or feeds...They get to certain stage and start to lay eggs. Cockerels, cocks or any other male chicken don't lay eggs no matter the amount or quality of feeds.
Layers are specially bred for egg production but since they are usually separated from male chickens they only lay table eggs (the ones we eat). Its like this, girls (humans) release unfertilized eggs monthly just as layers do everyday or every other day. However, hatcheries like Zartech, Chi, Obasanjo farms, Agrited etc use special methods like hormone manipulation and artificial insemination to produce and fertilise eggs in large quantities. These eggs are then incubated and hatched to produce the various day-old-chicks. Our local chickens are the real MVP, they mate at will and produce fertilized eggs which they incubate and hatch on their own.

NB: unfertilized eggs can never be hatched and male chickens (cocks and cockerels) can NEVER lay eggs.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Xavi2019: 7:12am On Jan 21, 2020
Heloct:
They lay unfertilized eggs cos of the nutrients that has been incorporated into their feed.

The matter tire me I swear sad
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by BabbanBura(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2020
KAHBOOM:

That's very true, my peahens do not hatch their eggs cos they laid the eggs at the time all the peacocks were killed
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Offpoint: 7:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Same way females don't need sperm to lay their monthly eggs, same way chicken don't need sperm to lay eggs.

Those eggs is their own form of monthly daily menstruations...

Chicken sexual pattern is the most annoying of all creatures:
The cock will run millions of miles, jumped through fences, jumped fires and all sorta dangers and yet end up lasting just a second... Annoying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by seunadeolu(m): 7:44am On Jan 21, 2020
hello, please what are the processes that enables cockerel to lay eggs?

MunorAnne:
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by Randy100: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2020
MunorAnne:
There is a way you will feed a male human being and they will start menstruating. How can you be so confident in talking rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by squash47(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2020
[quote author=tomju post=85972588][/quote]

when a cock climbs a hen, sperm is released into d hen.. I know this because, as a child, we have chicken and sometimes, when the sperm drops on d floor, I go to check it up imagining what it was, since it's not like their poo...

Then my biology teacher gave me d explanation I needed... Just what I gave u now.
Re: Is This True About Chickens? I Still Don’t Believe It by squash47(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Randy100:
There is a way you will feed a male human being and they will start menstruating. How can you be so confident in talking rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another 2 Weeks ���� Am Frustrated And I Need Prick ; Busty Ada (photos) / Why Do Girls Like Yahoo Boys? / The First Time You Had Sex; What Was It Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.