Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (39704 Views)

The Igbo Tribe's Tragedy And Curse Of Being A Niger Deltan / Biafrans Storm Anfield Stadium To Commemorate The Asaba Massacre- Pictures / Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Adaibeku(f): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

You failed it... Woefully
I don't think you have been to those parts...
They are more Igbo than you
Don't allow Nigeria propagandists deceive you... That igbos are only in the south east...
Kindly edit

Am not a kid , 1967 we suppose to come together to fight Nigeria but they were brainwashed to fight us , do you know how painful it is , besides none of those coup plotters are new east " but the same people left us except ibibio n efik,

How old are you sef?

Ask them are they igbos they will tell u delta igbos , so stupid of them

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by UnimkeAk(m): 8:12am On Jan 21, 2020
Adaibeku:

Asaba is still talking trash in 2020 and has refused to learn , because of their brothers nzeogwu n ifeajuna ..fulani collected power from igbos by brainwashing all tribes even them to fight igbos "
And they dare shout "one nigeria "

No Rip to them ,I hate wicked n stupid people
Asaba is igbo... And part of biafra...
Igbos are really the cause of all the political problems and and coups in Nigeria.

Imagine Azikiwe going overnight into bed with the northerners to form a govt. Instead of the south west.

U need to see the interview kaduna Nasigwu granted after killing the surdana and other northern elites, how arrogant he was, explaining how they were killed in queens English tho.

Mind u I'm not from the southwest.
From cross river state, if u like call it ss...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by executive12: 8:13am On Jan 21, 2020
Marvieduke:
All I pray for is peace.

Nigerians should be praying for justice and equity, not for peace. With justice and equity, peace follows naturally.
If we keep being insincere, and keep supporting injustice, God will never answer our prayers for peace.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Adaibeku(f): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2020
PHijo:
This "no victor or vanquished " talk has not helped any side.

Just like what Nigeria did in Asaba, several Ijaw communities in Rivers state suffered similar fate under Biafran occupation, communities like Abonemma and Ogu ( both in Rivers state).

If the leaders of Nigeria did what was right in the 50s and 60s the war could have been avoided.

Till date they've continued promoting all the vices and supressive structures that led to this madness.

Apart from Ijaw communities Ogoni, Ibibio communities etc felt the brunt of both Biafran and Nigerian brutality.

The true victims of that war are the people of the Niger Delta.

They suffered in a war that was not theirs, suffered all sorts of abuse from both sides.

Everyone look at this one , whose war then ? Igbos ? Ukwa dagbukwa gi ebe ahu ,

After they will say adaibeku is mad ,I have been vindicated !

8 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by perryy(m): 8:15am On Jan 21, 2020
efighter:
When you picked up arms against the Federal Republic, what were you expecting? Hugs and kisses? Well, some of your women and ladies were actually used as sex slaves within the period, so they got the hugs and kisses you were expecting when you declared war against the Federal Republic.

Everything is far and just in War and in Love.
You are a basta*d. Where the Asaba people Parr of the Brafra? If yes , why where the men not recruited into the Brafra army as it was done in other than towns? The evil you Hausa Fulani did is already living with u. U all will die in suffering. All the soldiers that did that rubbish reincarnated as almajiris suffering and begging for death. They will all die as suffering useless people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Adaibeku(f): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Asaba is igbo... And part of biafra...
Igbos are really the cause of all the political problems and and coups in Nigeria.

Imagine Asikiwe going overnight into bed with the northerners to form a govt. Instead of the south west.

U need to see the interview kaduna nsegwu granted after killing the surdana and other northern elites, how arrogant he was, explaining how they were killed in queens English tho.

Mind u I'm not from the southwest.
From cross river state, if u like call it ss...
burn in hell will u

2 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by PHijo(m): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

There was no Niger delta then.

Apart from Edo-delta, the rest of the south south was under the eastern region led by military Governor Ojukwu and his deputy Effiong.

So biafra did not attack their own territory.
Meaning?
The Niger Delta has ALWAYS existed. If I go by your arguement then the Niger Delta is nonexistent even now.

Before Biafra's attempt to secede there was an attempt to establish a Niger Delta republic.

5 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Adaibeku(f): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2020
anonimi:

The affected people do not make enough noise about this massacre hence they remain oppressed in the contraption called Nigeria.
How did the Jews of Israel and Tutsis of Rwanda do it with holocaust and genocide?

Adaibeku isn't mad afterall

Nice comment , some of them hate that word buafra though

5 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by PHijo(m): 8:21am On Jan 21, 2020
Adaibeku:

Everyone look at this one , whose war then ? Igbos ? Ukwa dagbukwa gi ebe ahu ,

After they will say adaibeku is mad ,I have been vindicated !
Igbo people's war, Fulani people's war, Northern war, Gowon's war, Ojukwu's war etc

All I know is that it was not Ijaw people's war. We did not make decisions on that. Ojukwu and Gowon did, nonetheless we suffered a lot and are still suffering from the decisions they made then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by ItooWorWor(m): 8:24am On Jan 21, 2020
shocked three pages and no one is shouting afonja cheesy this is a wonder development grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Adaibeku(f): 8:24am On Jan 21, 2020
PHijo:

Igbo people's war, Fulani people's war, Northern war, Gowon's war, Ojukwu's war etc

All I know is that it was not Ijaw people's war. We did not make decisions on that. Ojukwu and Gowon did, nonetheless we suffered a lot and are still suffering from the decisions they made then.

Am so sorry dear , u have a point

Y I apologise is that ,then ijaw isn't into all this stupid 20 century " we nigerdelta trash like Moslems in auchi n itshekiri spills out" then

All tribes was minding their business until fulani n nzeogwu came for a perfect plan

3 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by OyinO: 8:25am On Jan 21, 2020
post=85976298:

This is a very very sad story to read.
Eyes welled up in tears.

May we never ever experience any war in our darling nation again.
Nothing good ever come out of any kinda war.
That was why the Head of state during the war declared that there was NO VICTOR, NO VANQUISHED the day the Civil War ended.
The two sides regretted it at the end of it all.

In one Nigeria we believe.
Let us all live in peace and love with one another.

God bless Nigeria.

Rubbish!

You don't even know what leads to wars. You think anybody or group of bodies will just wake up and choose to fight wars? War breaks out when one person or persons decided to push another person or group to the wall. Rather than watch and die or be humiliated, they fight to the death! Be a man and stop trembling and shedding tears like women and kids.

And lastly, there's already civil war in Nigeria, but deaf, dumb and blind folks like you don't know. War has started since 2009. What you see the Yorubas doing today is reacting and responding to the ongoing war so that they'll be ready to defend themselves and territories, but people like you are denying reality to pray and allow tears swell up in your eyes in vain.

11 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by 27Pushing30: 8:26am On Jan 21, 2020
kernniejay:
These are also blood of innocent Nigerians crying to God for vengeance with the blood of those being killed daily by boko haram, herdsmen and other terrorists.
May the soul of the deceased at the Asaba Massacre rest in peace, amen.
Shut up

It’s simply karma , was it the Asaba people who supported the Biafran army’s overthrow of the mid west? Who benefitted? The Asaba people .... who took over the Govt in Benin? Asaba people who killed off Benin people protesting against the occupation of edo/delta ? Biafran army and Asaba people!

You igbos can play the victim all you want...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Nwogeh: 8:26am On Jan 21, 2020
Average Igbo man accepts his brothers even though it's in a more competitive terms than complementary, that's why even up till date, we still feel that we are brothers with Asaba and Ikwere people. It's not only that time that Igbo's have been taken bullet for every misnorma in Nigeria....reason is that Northerners see every other person from South as either Yoruba or Igbo...very unfortunate. I understand how you feel Nnem, you are not the only one feeling that way but then I feel pained anytime I remembered how these people were killed in cold blood. How our fathers were eliminated using hunger as a weapon.
My problem is that we have refused to understand that if these people have their way, they won't waste a second to wipe Igbos out of the surface if the earth.
Honestly having our own country is the best thing that can happen to us just like Israel.... Atleast we can take our destiny in our own hands.

No wicked deeds shall go unpunished.

Adaibeku:

Nzeogwu isn't from new easten state how come we in it decide to take responsibility while his people are shouting one Nigeria ,

See my pain sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:27am On Jan 21, 2020
efighter:
When you picked up arms against the Federal Republic, what were you expecting? Hugs and kisses? Well, some of your women and ladies were actually used as sex slaves within the period, so they got the hugs and kisses you were expecting when you declared war against the Federal Republic.

Everything is far and just in War and in Love.
Well, when some people speak you know the level of their knowledge and the wickedness hidden inside their hearts, first I wish to declare you a dumb, because you don't have the knowledge of what really happened.

Asaba was in the Midwest region and was never a part of the defunct eastern region that declared their independence. Those marauding senseless and vengeful soldiers committed the heinous genocide just because of Nzeogwu's involvement in January '66 coup.

As of you, because you support this, the curses that follow those soldiers starting from murtala and taiwo will definitely be your lot, you must share in it. No escape. And may the crime of one man from your community cause the death of hundreds of people from your community. Iseee!

3 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Nwogeh: 8:27am On Jan 21, 2020
Adaibeku:

Nzeogwu isn't from new easten state how come we in it decide to take responsibility while his people are shouting one Nigeria ,

See my pain sad

Average Igbo man accepts his brothers even though it's in a more competitive terms than complementary, that's why even up till date, we still feel that we are brothers with Asaba and Ikwere people. It's not only that time that Igbo's have been taken bullet for every misnorma in Nigeria....reason is that Northerners see every other person from South as either Yoruba or Igbo...very unfortunate. I understand how you feel Nnem, you are not the only one feeling that way but then I feel pained anytime I remembered how these people were killed in cold blood. How our fathers were eliminated using hunger as a weapon.
My problem is that we have refused to understand that if these people have their way, they won't waste a second to wipe Igbos out of the surface if the earth.
Honestly having our own country is the best thing that can happen to us just like Israel.... Atleast we can take our destiny in our own hands.
Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Adaibeku(f): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Nwogeh:

No wicked deeds shall go unpunished.

Is painful my brother ,
And I heard fulani called nzeogwu to tank him for a perfect well done
Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by explosiveskull(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2020
efighter:

Imagine a woman thinking this way. One man will Marty this woman one day, and that's the beginning
A man who will appreciate her will marry her and she will love him unconditionally and they'll be blessed with children, peace and blessings.
One man's food is another man's poison, she is defending her people, most of us may not be vocal like her but it doesn't mean we don't support her.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 21, 2020
The animals who were culpable for the Asaba massacre met their karmas in the most savage of ways, surely God doesn't sleep right? The proud Asaba/Oshimili warriors like Colonels' Achuzie, Nwawo, Nwajei etc showed the civilian killing animals pepper in their failed attempts to capture Onitsha, over 9,000 or more Nigerian troops perished when these Asaba warriors got back their pound of flesh...Nwawo was to later wipe out a whole brigade of Federal troops during the initial failed assault of the Nigerian troops on Umuahia, Achuzie masterminded the Abagana ambush( the biggest ambush of the civil war) ... Nwawo and Achuzie were a thorn in the flesh of the Nigerian side till the end of the war.

As for the key commanders who oversaw those massacres- Taiwo Ibrahim and his GOC Murtala Muhammed... we all know all they ended, both wasted like pigs, and used as target practice in the Dimka coup... ironically Dimka also fought under Murtala's 2 infantry division as a Private during the war... the beauty of karma.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by explosiveskull(m): 8:30am On Jan 21, 2020
Adaibeku:
@ Kevind tell any Asaba person that a lady from ibeku has no pity for them"
You'll try to forgive so we can forge ahead. Leave everything to karma.

3 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 21, 2020
IGBO MAN IS THERE PROBLEM ACCORDING TO FULANI CALIPHATE

2 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by onlyboyson(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2020
AFTER ALL THIS EAST IS STILL THE BEST
Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Erastuslove: 8:34am On Jan 21, 2020
they can never be trusted!!!!
Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Born2Breed(f): 8:34am On Jan 21, 2020
The beautiful thing about all these was that the murderer's,especially the king pin of that murderous gang all died violently.

Murtala,Taiwo...are still rotting in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Racoon:
The price for organized genocide and annihilation of the Asaba people was paid by Lt.Col.Murtala Mohammed & Capt.Ibrahim "Gagara" Taiwo.They came in all guns blazing and also left the world in a hail of bullets.RIP Asaba brethren & other victims of similar injustice till date.

When I read the post, I was surprised that muritala Mohammed was left out. He ordered and witnessed the killing of Asaba people that very day.

This is the same person they forced thousands of primary school kids to sing about like he was some saint.

5 Likes

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Tflex01: 8:40am On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:
You are a fool.
That is why your useless amotekun will fail.
Barbarian.
Lol.. You are replying your fellow Fulani man. cool
Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2020
Adaibeku:
In other people's case is " Okote oburu"

In our 1967's case " obute obutere osa"

July 1968 ,fulanimen called nzeogwu to reward him " that's when biafra killed him " biafra know ur history.. they wants to reward him for been the architect of Igbo power removal

Money running in millions
It seems you just like talking most times without reasoning, can you substantiate this erroneous assertions of yours?

For your good, be mindful of your utterances, stop allowing your emotions becloud your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by mrvitalis(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2020
PHijo:
This "no victor or vanquished " talk has not helped any side.

Just like what Nigeria did in Asaba, several Ijaw communities in Rivers state suffered similar fate under Biafran occupation, communities like Abonemma and Ogu ( both in Rivers state).

If the leaders of Nigeria did what was right in the 50s and 60s the war could have been avoided.

Till date they've continued promoting all the vices and supressive structures that led to this madness.

Apart from Ijaw communities Ogoni, Ibibio communities etc felt the brunt of both Biafran and Nigerian brutality.

The true victims of that war are the people of the Niger Delta.

They suffered in a war that was not theirs, suffered all sorts of abuse from both sides.
Don't even bring the ijaws here ...if Igbo's have wicked mind I jaws would be our worst enemy

You send your representative to push for independence ...they go behind to give Nigeria Information ...lead Nigeria through the back ...sized Igbo properties ...yet we forgave n backed u when no one else in Nigeria did

Swear if ijaws try rubbish again to back stab Igbo's again this time Una go pay dearly

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Liposure: 8:43am On Jan 21, 2020
Oh God of creation/ direct our noble cause/ guide our leaders right help our youths the truth to know/ in luv n honesty 2 grow/ and living just n true/ great lofty heights attain/ to build a nation where peace/ and justice shall reign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by Techdra: 8:45am On Jan 21, 2020
TimFisher2:

undecided
Isi odikwa gi Mma?

Are you ok??

C’mon pull down that stupid thing you wrote there..

From now henceforth i despise you.. undecided

I'm surprised you're surprised. That's how Igbo people are... very cunning fiends... I only pity Deltans who support them while they destroy their state. As for me, I am a Deltan but a Nigerian first...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage by splendour7(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2020
TimFisher2:

undecided
Isi odikwa gi Mma?

Are you ok??

C’mon pull down that stupid thing you wrote there..

From now henceforth i despise you.. undecided

just Sharap! She Said The Truth,why Will Somebody From Ss And Non-igbo Mastermind A Coup And In Retaliation Igbos Were Killed Instead Of The Region And Tribe That Carried Out The Coup? Even When That Same Region Openly State That They Are Not Igbos Till Date? Asaba And Her People Are The Real Enemies Of Ndi Igbo,we Will Never Forgive Them For The Role They Played In The Igbo Genocide And Biafran Civil War.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Wish You The Best: LP Candidate in Plateau, Dakum Makes Phone Call To Winner / Stop Tinubu's Inauguration On May 29: Protesters Besiege Court Of Appeal, Abuja / Hunters' Gift To Prince Eze Madumere, Imo State Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.