Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional (9904 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: FRIDAY 24TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: TRIUMPHANT PRAISE.
MEMORISE:
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? Exodus 15:11
READ: 2 Samuel 22
And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;
7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
8 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.
9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
13 Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled.
14 The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.
15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.
16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;
18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.
19 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.
20 He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
21 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
23 For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them.
24 I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity.
25 Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.
26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.
27 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
28 And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.
29 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
30 For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall.
31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
34 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.
37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.
38 I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
39 And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet.
40 For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
41 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me.
42 They looked, but there was none to save; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
43 Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad.
44 Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not shall serve me.
45 Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.
46 Strangers shall fade away, and they shall be afraid out of their close places.
47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
48 It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me.
49 And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
50 Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
51 He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.
To triumph is to be victorious in battle against a formidable enemy in a way that calls for jubilation. To triumph is to overcome difficult circumstances of life that seem impossible to surmount, in grand style. Every great victory in battle and triumphant success over the enemy in difficult situations requires the intervention of the Almighty God. This reality makes it mandatory for Christians to worship and sing praises to God wherever we experience triumphant victory. This was the case in Exodus 15:11, after God supernaturally delivers the Israelites from the evil grasp of Pharaoh by opening up the Red Sea for them to pass through on dry land, while the wall of water closed in on their enemies and drowned them all.
The Bible tells us that songs of triumph could even be rendered in anticipation of victory.
Whenever God wants to do something really supernatural, He is fond of call for musical warriors who are specially prepared to bombard the stronghold of the enemy. Such was the case in the time of King Jehoshaphat, who deployed an army of worshippers matching into battle with musical instruments in their ands and songs of praise in their mouths. As they praised and worshipped God, He rose on their behalf and completely destroyed all their enemies.
And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. 2 Chronicles 20:22
Godly music is a spiritual language that can reach beyond the intellect to touch the heart of God. I decree: The Lord will put a song of triumph in your mouth today in the mighty name of Jesus. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how hopeless your situation seems, irrespective of your weakness and limitations, you will overcome and sing songs of triumph in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please deliver me from all evil and put songs of triumph in my mouth, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 3-5.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 10: I AM A VICTOR
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 25TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: OURS IS A BEQUATHED.
MEMORISE:
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 1 Timothy 2:2
READ: 1 Timothy 2:1-4
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
The battle of life has proven to be difficult to every generation for various reasons. The enemies are often difficult to identify and sometimes come in the form of human opposition, criticism and antagonism. At other times they come as physical challenges and obstacles. At times they present themselves as natural happenings that would fade away with time, so we do nothing until they become serious problems. However, we must note that there is a spiritual dimension to every battle of life. According to Ephesians 6:12:
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Though the credentials of our enemy may be intimidating, still, a Christian enters the battle of life from a position of victory. This is the high standpoint of the Christian faith and the only ground on which we should meet the devil and his agents.
To bequeath is to hand down or transfer to a beneficiary. Our victory has already been handed down to us! Glory! Revelation 12:11 says “they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony…..”
Our weapons of warfare are clearly greater than those of our wicked foes. The Blood of Jesus has secured our victory and our sword of the spirit is the word of God. We do not confront and overcome the devil and his agents by our ability but by the blood of Jesus. This makes it absolutely necessary that we live as victors in this world while we return all glory to God for our victory.
The battle is not ours but the Lord’s Jesus is the seed of the woman, our Captain and the Lord of hosts. We are more than conquerors through Him that loved and shed His precious Blood for us. Let us praise and worship the Almighty God who has granted us victory through the Blood of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me maximize Your victory over the devil in my life, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 73, 77-78.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 26TH APRIL 2020
THEME: INTERCESSION FOR LEADER
MEMORISE:
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
READ: 1 Timothy 2:1-4
1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
“…Smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.” Zechariah 13:7
Leaders of any group are very important to the future of the followers. The character, circle of friends, background, process of decision-making and even their emotional wellbeing all have a great impact on the people they are leading. This is why it is important that you pray for your leaders regularly.
We need to pray concerning their character and work ethics. Ecclesiastes 10:16 says:
“Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning!”
We need to pray concerning their circle of friends and the kind of advice they give them (1 Kings 12:9-14). They are targets of the devil because he knows that once he strikes the shepherd, the sheep will scatter.
It is not just the political leaders you should pray for, but your spiritual leaders as well; their actions and inactions can greatly affect the Church as a whole. If the Church leaders are spiritually blind, there will be trouble in the land. You need to also pray for the leaders in the country, principals and teachers in your children’s school, as their decisions can greatly affect your children. Pray for leaders of industries as their decisions concerning quality and prices have a great effect on millions of lives. Pray for those at the forefront of technological innovations in our generation, who wield great influence on what our children will consume. Imagine if the leaders in the technological industries were all born again, imagine the great impact that would make on the next generation. This is why I always encourage my children to go ahead and lead. Whatever sphere of life you are in, be the best and lead the rest. The more Christian leaders we have in the society, the more the kingdom of God forges ahead.
ACTION POINT:
Spend time praying for the leaders in different spheres of life in your nation and the world at large.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 6.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 27TH APRIL 2020
THEME: WATCH ALWAYS!
MEMORISE:
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38
READ: Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
The memory verse of today is one of the warnings in the Bible that should send chills through anybody’s spine. I consider it very scary. After the All-knowing God had carefully assessed the circumstances surrounding human existence, He concluded that humans need to be careful to survive this dangerously deceptive world. Sobriety and vigilance are the two major components of watchfulness. To be watchful is to be alert, watching over someone or waiting for some significant event. The Bible lays particular emphasis on the need to watch for fake prophets (Matthew 7:15), false doctrines (Hebrews 13:9), the antichrist (2 John 1:7) and the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 24:42).
God expects every one of His children to be sober and vigilant in watching against temptations and sin such as pride, worldliness, self-righteousness, immorality, complacency, lukewarmness, spiritual barrenness and rebellion against constituted authority. We must not be confounded by negative news around the world; rather we should respond with understanding as persons who are informed and therefore well-prepared to watch for signs of the end times.
“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:6
Beloved, wake up! Christians cannot afford to lose focus for a moment; our heart must be kept with all diligence. We must watch the crafty attempts of the enemy to attack the authority of Scripture. Watch against worldliness and the quest for ungodly pleasures. Every member of the body of Christ must watch against the secularization of the Church and protect its sanctity against false prophets, sexual immorality and all sinful practices.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to be sober and watchful in all things, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 6.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 28TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: PECULIAR PEOPLE.
MEMORISE:
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 1 Peter 2:9
READ: Leviticus 26:1-12
1Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
3 If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
5 And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.
6 And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
10 And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.
11 And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
Human beings have some characteristics and attributes that cut across people from all nations of the world. Principal amongst such is the adamic nature of sin we all inherited from our first parents. This can also be described as carnality- the desire to fulfil the lust of the flesh according to Galatians 5:16-17. Romans 8:6-8 talks about the carnal nature:
“For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”
By this, indeed, a man who is led by the flesh is living at variance with the will of God. As clearly evident in human behavior around the world, humanity is at enmity with God by rejecting His commandments, and declaring freedom to do whatever catches our interests. The desire to satisfy the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of the life are the major factors that drive the society across the world today. The story is however different for those who have accepted the offer of salvation made available to humanity through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. On this, 1 Peter 2:9 says: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;”
The peculiarity of God’s people includes the adoption into His family, whereby we can call Him Abba Father (Romans 8:15). It is indeed a privilege every human should seek as it is the best thing that can happen to anyone. If you are already a member of God’s family, congratulations! Please hold fast to your faith until the end. If however, you are yet to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I urge you to do so right away, so you can join this group of peculiar people and have cause to praise the name of God forever.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let my life glorify and praise Your name forever. Please use my life to draw men unto You, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 7-10.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 29TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: POSITIVE OBSESSION.
MEMORISE:
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. Acts 4:19
READ: Romans 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
An obsession is an excessive devotion to someone or something, even to the point of personal loss, injury or death. The word is often applied in a negative sense, but the Bible tells us that Jesus loved and obeyed God to the point of obsession. The word of God counsels us to develop the particular kind of mind that was in Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5-8 says:
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus….. being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
Jesus during His earthly ministry loved God and was obedient to His commandments even to the point of death- an excruciating death on the cross. God therefore expects all His children to follow Christ’s example by loving Him with all our being. If you have ever been so deeply and passionately in love with someone to the point of obsession, you may lose your appetite and forget to eat, your mind may become occupied with nothing else but that person. This kind of positive obsession is hinged on love. Matthew 22:37-38 has this to say: “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.”
Therefore, we are enjoined to first and foremost love God with all our hearts, because we need to have the love of God before we can truly appreciate what love is and then reciprocate by showing love to others. 1 John 4:7-8 says: “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” As Christians, we must obsessively love God with all our being, and always radiate His love to our neighbors.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to love You with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 102-104.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:37am On Apr 30, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 30TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: PRACTICAL CHRISTIAN WITHNESSING.
MEMORISE:
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:47
READ: Acts 4:31-37
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
All Christians are called to witness the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. This witnessing entails telling sinners, the wicked, poor, sick, oppressed, bound and hopeless about the power of God to set them free. Christians usually witness to others by presenting themselves as beneficiaries of the grace, mercy and love of Jesus so others may follow in their footsteps by accepting Him as their Lord and Savior.
Unfortunately, many Christians witness for Jesus in words alone. For these categories of Christians, their lifestyle contradicts the message they preach and this pushes the unsaved further from salvation. This is where practical Christian witnessing comes into play. Practical Christian witnessing is Christianity without pretense. It is revealed in behavior, proven by action or performance, tested by trial and undeterred by persecution. Matthew 5:16 says:
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Knowing God is not the same as going to church, and loving God is not the same as being involved in church activities. If you love God it will show in the way you conduct the affairs of your life. If you know God, the evidence will be seen in the way you relate with people around you. If anyone is living contrary to God’s word, all that he or she offers to God will amount to nothing before the Almighty. Sometimes ago, at the Redemption Camp, I had to tell everyone “If you know you are not genuinely saved by the blood of Jesus, there is no need to give any offering to God. He will not accept the offering and worship of sinners.” Our lives must count for God first, before other things can follow. God wants His children to be His true representatives. 1 Peter 2:12 says: “Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.”
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to be faithful to You and to live a practical Christian life before the world.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 5:1-10
1 Chronicles 11-12

HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 1ST MAY 2020.
THEME: PRAYERS FOR CHILDREN.
MEMORISE:
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3
READ: Matthew 19: 13-15
13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
PRAYERS:
1. Thank God and praise His holy name for the gift of children across the world. Thank and praise Him also for all unborn children.
2. Father, I pray for the salvation of my children and every other child around me.
3. Father, teach all our children Yourself and let them all enjoy great peace as You have promised in Your word (Isaiah 54:13).
4. Father, I commit my children and all other children around me into Your care; do not permit the enemy to harm them.
5. Lord, I separate my children and every other child around me from bad friends and evil influences forever.
6. Father, put an end to every ungodly trend in my family and never let such come near my children.
7. Father, please preserve the purity of my children and every other child around me. Keep them far from the perverseness, corruption and pollution in the world today.
8. Father, like You started to use Samuel at a tender age, use my children and every other child within my sphere of influence for signs and wonders.
9. Father, do not permit any sickness or disease to come near my children and every other child around me.
10. Father, let the future of my children and every other child around me be great.
11. Lord, open the wombs of everyone trusting You for children and cause them to become fruitful in the mighty name of Jesus.
12. Special prayer request for your children.
I join my faith with yours and pray that the Lord will grant all your requests in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT:
Never make negative pronouncements over your children or any other child. Bless them always.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 133
HYMN 6: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 2ND MAY 2020.
THEME: LOVE THE MOST ESSENTIAL GIFT OF THE SPIRIT.
MEMORISE:
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 1 John 3:14
READ: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
The Bible describes love as the sum of all the commandments of God.
1 Corinthians 13:1-2 says:
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels….. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (love), I am nothing.”
The Bible clearly presents the importance of love and how children of God should rate it as a virtue. God compared some rare spiritual gifts to love and made it obvious that without it (love), the other gifts are inconsequential. This simply means that love is the golden scale by which whatever gifts we exhibit and whatever services we offer to God are weighed. The big question is: in what sense does love fulfil the totality of the law? The answer is embedded in Romans 13:10 which says: “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
Therefore, if the love of God is in your heart, you will fulfil the law without grumbling but rather with joy. That is why Paul reduced the commandments to only one. “Love is the fulfilling of the law.” As I have often counselled my children, love can insulate you against pains, discouragement, and difficulties associated with any given task. Jacob served a total of fourteen years for Rachel and they seemed unto him but a few days, because of the love he had for her (Genesis 29:20). Furthermore, obedience is a natural fruit of love.
You will never want to disobey or rebel against the authority of someone you truly love. Love makes obedience to God very easy.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to love You with all my heart, soul and spirit, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 106-107
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:14pm On May 03, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 4TH MAY 2020.
THEME: TIME TO CHANGE.
MEMORISE:
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
READ: Matthew 3:5-12
5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Many years ago, during a retreat at the Redemption Camp of the RCCG, a preacher said: When God sends down spiritual revival, even the most pious of men would repent! A person seeking repentance may not necessarily have left the faith; such a one may just have stopped doing the good things he/she used to, which according to the Bible is tantamount to sin. No wonder James 4:17 says:
“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”
So, why is this the time to change and what exactly are you supposed to change?
To start with, eternity can begin at any time for anyone of us. Hebrews 9:27 says it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:. Therefore, choosing to wait until tomorrow may be too dangerous. Also, God wants you to change from being cold or lukewarm. He wants you to become committed to doing His will.
The whole body of Christ needs a revival- whether you are a member, worker or even a pastor. We have to return to our first love, and doing the deeds of righteousness: fasting, praying, in depth study of God’s word, regular fellowship with the brethren, sacrificial giving, faithful tithing and others. Then, God will send His fire to our lives. Can you recall our memory verse?
If we will be refreshed, we must surrender ourselves to God and commit to working on our shortcomings in evangelism, missions and separation from the world. In today’s Bible reading, John confronted the religious leaders of his time with a message of change so they could enjoy the new testament’s spiritual blessings.
Beloved, don’t get so familiar with God’s word that you stop doing the essentials of the faith. We must preach the gospel of Christ to everyone, so that as we have changed, sinners, backsliders, and persecutors can do the same.
ACTION POINT:
Using the Bible as a mirror, check to see where you have fallen short of God’s expectations and begin to effect a change.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 1-2, 15, 22-24, 47, 68.
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:32pm On May 04, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 5TH MAY 2020
THEME: ARE YOU AMONG THE FAITHFUL FEW?
MEMORISE:
The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God. Isaiah 10:21
READ: Matthew 24:37-42
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
As seen from yesterday’s study, there is an urgent need to change for the better. Yet, it is possible that only a few people will take up that challenge. Are you one of these faithful few?
From today’s memory verse, we can conclude that not all men have corrupted themselves, as such there will always be a remnant- a faithful few. These still remain holy and obedient to the Lordship of Christ in spite of the godlessness in the world today.
In several passages of the Scripture, God talks about the faithful few who have been favored. Romans 11:5
“Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.”
We see from the Scripture above that to be among these faithful few, grace has a huge role to play. In today’s Bible reading, Jesus talks about how only eight people in the whole world were spared from the flood in the days of Noah. This is a fearful thing, yet many people are taking the call for repentance with levity these days. We are no wiser than Noah’s generation. Neither were they more sinful than the world is today. We have only enjoyed grace which according to Titus 2:12 should teach us to deny ungodliness.
Beloved, all men have sinned through Adam (Romans 3:23; 5:15-17), therefore, you must repent if you haven’t, otherwise there would be repercussions. In Luke 13:5. Jesus told the people of Galilee who did not accept the gospel that except they repented, they would perish.
You must determine not to be among the corrupt people of this world. Separate yourself for God’s use (Romans 12:1-2, 2 Timothy 2:21).
While it may be true that some ungodly people are “flourishing” in the world today, Psalm 73 says such is to their ultimate destruction. For us the faithful few, Psalms 1 and 15 must be our watchword.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please count me worthy to be among the blessed remnant- the faithful, favored few.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 89, 96, 100, 101, 105, 132.
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:29pm On May 05, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 6TH MAY 2020.
THEME: TEST & TEMPTATIONS OF LIFE.
MEMORISE:
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Ruth 1:16
READ: Ruth 1:18-16
8 And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother's house: the LORD deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.
9 The LORD grant you that ye may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
10 And they said unto her, Surely we will return with thee unto thy people.
11 And Naomi said, Turn again, my daughters: why will ye go with me? are there yet any more sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
12 Turn again, my daughters, go your way; for I am too old to have an husband. If I should say, I have hope, if I should have an husband also to night, and should also bear sons;
13 Would ye tarry for them till they were grown? would ye stay for them from having husbands? nay, my daughters; for it grieveth me much for your sakes that the hand of the LORD is gone out against me.
14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.
15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
Test from God are designed to prove our faith in Him (Genesis 22:1-18) while temptations come from the devil and our flesh to draw us into sin (Matthew 4:1, James 1:13). Our response to test and temptations will determine what will become of us and our generation. Adam and Eve succumbed to the enemy’s temptation (Genesis 3:1-13) and almost ruined the original purpose of God for mankind. However, Jesus’ victory during His series of temptation in Luke 4:1-13 marked the beginning of redemption for the human race. In today’s Bible reading, Ruth excelled in her test; this earned her a position in the family line of Jesus Christ (Luke 3:32). Test are not punishments but stepping stones to promotion. They prove our faith and show our true character.
The following are often tested in life:
• Commitment: One’s faithfulness to God could be questioned (Daniel 6).
• Foundation: Our strength could also be tested once in a while. (Proverb 24:10).
• Appetite: your longing for food, opposite sex and material possession could also be examined (Genesis 25:29-34; Philippians 3:18-19).
God will however, not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can surmount and He will provide an escape route for you.
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
Jesus overcame all the temptations by the word of God. God is calling us today to do the same and we shall have good success (Joshua 1:cool in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the spiritual capacity and moral longsuffering needed to pass the tests and temptations of life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 7
1 Chronicles 17.
HYMN 30: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:49pm On May 06, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: THURSDAY 7TH MAY, 2020.
THEME: THE JOYFUL MINORITY.
MEMORISE:
And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again. and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. John 16:22.
READ: JOHN 16:17-22 (KJV).
17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
God is not a democrat. As we have seen in a previous study, He doesn’t really need numbers to work, He just needs a few faithful men.
It may appear that being on the side of God puts you in a ‘minority group’ like Joshua and Caleb among the twelve spies (Numbers 13) but the truth is, there would always be joy in the end. Numbers 14:30 records that eventually only these two were able to access the promised land.
God wants you to keep in mind that there is an earthly and eternal joy awaiting you if you take a stand for Him. No doubt, you may suffer many persecutions from the sinning majority, but through it all, you must resist the urge to join them because their judgments are not always correct on matters of godliness.
“Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:11-12
In the text above and the Bible reading of today, Jesus assures His disciples of an eternal joy after their earthly trials. Paul and Barnabas also said something similar to the people of Lystra, lconium and Antioch in Acts 14:22. Jesus wants you to maintain your decision to bear His cross and follow Him as a member of the faithful minority in the world. In John 16:20, He says whatsoever sorrow you face shall be turned into joy.
Believe the Lord and you shall be established (2nd Chronicles 20:20). Ensure you are always on His side. Never think of joining the world because you cannot beat them at their game. Remember the parable of the ten virgins! Stay on the side of God. A divine minority is the actual majority.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, be Your grace, let me remain with the divine minority. Please, do not let me miss my moments of joy on earth and in eternity in the mighty name of Jesus.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
PSALM 25, 29, 33, 36, 39.
HYMN 4: BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:05pm On May 07, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 8TH MAY 2020
THEME: WHAT DO YOU REALLY NEED?
MEMORISE:
And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. Mark 10:51
READ: 2 Kings 2:9-10
9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
One would think that the man at the Beautiful Gate (Acts 3) would ask that his ankles be strengthened, he asked the Apostles for alms. Many of us are like this lame man; we do not know exactly what we need.
In today’s memory verse, Jesus asked the blind man crying after Him what he wanted. The question may appear needless as there should be only one pressing need for a blind man. Yet, if you look at the blind man in Acts 3, you would understand the importance of the question. That is why God is asking you today:
“What do you need? Do you really know?”
Elijah asked Elisha in 2 Kings 2:9-10 for what he needed. The later did not waste time as he quickly asked for the double portion of his master’s anointing. He knew what he wanted, did as his master required and got his blessing.
Many years ago, a mighty man of God offered us – participants at an international conference in the United States- an opportunity to ask for what we needed for our ministries. While some asked for books, tracks and financial assistance, I asked Him to lay his anointed hands on me for the work of the ministry. He was surprised but impressed about my specific and uncommon request; he did so, prayed for me and today, you are a living testimony of God’s faithfulness in our ministry.
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
As a child of God, it is better for you to go after the Giver of gifts than the gifts themselves. This is the most needful pursuit of your life – the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
When this is settled, your Father will meet all your other needs. He will take care of you as His child. Do the needful: accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, then trust Him for everything (John 3:3,5).
He will surely meet all your needs (Philippians 4:19) in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please secure a place for me in Your Kingdom. Let me seat in high places with Your Son Jesus Christ my Lord.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 8-9. 1Chronicle 18
HYMN 20 – NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 9TH MAY 2020
THEME: THE NEXT LEVEL
MEMORISE:
The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Psalm 115:14
READ: 2 Kings 6:1-4
1. And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us.
2 Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.
3 And one said, Be content, I pray thee, and go with thy servants. And he answered, I will go.
4 So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood.
God loves increase. In His first blessing on mankind, He asked man to multiply and be fruitful (Genesis 1:28). If anything, this means stagnation is never a part of God’s plan for you.
“Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.” 2 Kings 6:1-4
As with Elisha in 2 Kings 6:1-4, my spiritual children in the RCCG usually seek my permission for the execution of one project or the other. To the glory of God, I support and encourage them. What lesson can we learn from this?
• The vision for expansion is not a burden of the leader alone. From today’s Bible reading, we see that the expansion idea was initiated by the sons of the prophet.
• Elisha’s ‘sons’ did not only propose the expansion – they were also actively involved. Expansion requires commitment for it to be achieved.
• The sons recognized authority. They knew the implications of not involving their master. Imagine what would have happened when they lost the axe-head in the river Jordan if they hadn’t involved their master earlier. Today, some subordinates sideline their superiors because of self-glory or material gains only for them to fail.
• As a leader, do not kill the vision of your followers. Like Elisha, encouraged them.
• Elisha was a servant-leader. Despite his position, he went to the field with his spiritual sons. Even when the axe-head was lost, he did not unbraid any of them; he just asked questions, performed a miracle and the project was a success (2 Kings 6:6). We should emulate him.
From now, as you follow the Lord and obey His word, He will grant you great success in every project you embark upon in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please take me to the next level of expansion today in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 50, 53, 60, 75.
HYMN 19: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 10TH MAY 2020
THEME: HONOR YOUR MOTHER
MEMORISE:
A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish man despiseth his mother. Proverb 15:20
READ: Proverb 1:8-9
8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
It is quite sad that many people honor their fathers but have little or no respect for their mothers. People tend to disrespect their mothers because they are soft and readily accessible, whereas the fathers are tough and usually unavailable. It is however foolish not to honor your mother. Ephesians 6:2 does not only say you should honor your father so you can live long, it asks you to honor your mother too. If you only honour your *father^ and not your mother, then you are toying with untimely death. Mothers labor greatly over their children, so you can imagine how they feel when you esteem them lightly.
According to our memory verse for today, the Bible puts the man who says that there is no God in the *same* category as the man who despises his mother they are both fools. This is how grievous it is to despise your mother. If your mother is happy with you, you are already in for a great life. Moses’ mother arranged for him to be raised in the palace and it was there that he got on the path of greatness. Many people have missed their greatness because they despised their mother and her advice.
My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Proverbs 6:20
Your mother has a very important role to play in your journey to greatness; you must never despise her! I am where I am today because of the prayers of my mother. Whenever I did something to please her, I recall she would say whenever I call one, many would respond to me. Those prayers have manifested in my life today.
As powerful as Jesus was, He never despised His mother. He performed a miracle at His mother’s request, even though His time of manifestation was not yet fully come (John 2:3-12), simply because He could not disobey her. Can your mother say the same about you?
ACTION POINT:
If you have been despising your mother, change your attitude to her henceforth. Today, do something to show her that you love and honor her.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 10
1 Chronicles 19
Psalm 20.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 11TH MAY 2020.
THEME: THE VISIONARY CHRISTIAN I.
MEMORISE:
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18
READ: Habakkuk 2:1-4
1I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
If a Christian is visionary, his/her pilgrimage on earth becomes bearable. It is a clear vision of heaven that will make a child of God see nothing enticing in the present world as compared to the anticipated eternal bliss.
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverb 29:18
From the verse above, we can infer that the lack of vision about the reality of hell is what makes people carefree about the coming judgment on the ungodly. If God were to show a person a vision of heaven as Jesus described in Matthew 13:44-46, he/she would do everything possible to get there.
In Habakkuk 2:1-4, the prophet was eager to get divine vision and take instruction even if it required reproof. Fortunately, it was for his good and for those who would read it with understanding. It ended up as a warning against pride (which leads to destruction) and words of encouragement towards faith (which brings justification).
According to Psalm 53:1, it is only a fool that says there is no God. It is pride that makes an individual think that he knows better than God. Psalm 53:2 says it takes a visionary individual to seek God, especially in times like these, when everything seems to be against godliness.
It was a divine vision that ensured Noah and his household were saved from the flood (Hebrews 11:7). It is the same vision that will keep any Christian focused on holiness without which no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).
With a divine vision, we can catch a glimpse of our eternal home like John did in Revelation 21:1-7. If you submit yourself to God, you too would see divinely inspired visions.
Prayer Point
Father, please make me a visionary Christian so that I will not lose the vision of my eternal home, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 65-67.
Psalm 69-70.
HYMN 26: STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 12:02am On May 13, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 13TH MAY 2020
THEME: THE VISIONARY CHRISTIAN III
MEMORISE:
Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. Daniel 2:19.
READ: DANIEL 2:1-19 (KJV).
1. And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.
2. Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.
3. And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
4. Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
5. The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
6. But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.
7. They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it.
8. The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me.
9. But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.
10. The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king’s matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean.
11. And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.
12. For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.
13. And the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain.
14. Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king’s guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon:
15. He answered and said to Arioch the king’s captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel.
16. Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation.
17. Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:
18. That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
19. Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
In todays Bible reading, King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream he couldn’t remember let alone interpret.
So, he sought help from the wise men in his kingdom and set a death penalty for any who failed them (Daniel 2:1-19).
When Daniel heard about the decree of the king, he wondered why he was so hasty to destroy the ‘think-tank’ of the land.
Jesus said in John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy…
All the hasty plans of the devil concerning you and yours shall be destroyed today by divine intervention in the mighty name of Jesus.
Daniel and his companions were faced with an insurmountable challenge humanly
speaking but Daniel got a vision that
resolved the predicament (Daniel 2:19 ).
All we need to avert a looming disaster is
a vision from God. Prevention is so much better than cure.
How do we become visionary children of
God?
“That they would desire mercies of God
of heaven concerning this secret; that
Daniel and his fellows should not perish
with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
Daniel 2:18″
If we must get the vision like Daniel and his
friends, we must pay the price of waiting
upon the Lord according to His promise.
“Tell them therefore, Thus saith the Lord
God; I will make this proverb to cease,
and they shall no more use it as a proverb
in Israel; but say unto them, The days are
at hand, and the effect of every vision.
Ezekiel 12:23″
Beloved, surrender all to God and He will
surely make His words come to pass in your
life.
Faithfully and patiently wait on Him and
you will become a man or woman of vision.
With Godly vision, your destiny is secure and
shall be fulfilled in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
PRAYERFULLY READ ISAIAH 40:31.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Psalms 32:1-11, Psalms 51:1-19 , Psalms 86:1-17 , Psalms 112:1-10.
HYMN 26: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:51pm On May 14, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 15TH MAY 2020.
THEME: HEAVEN ON EARTH.
MEMORISE:
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5:33
READ: Ephesians 5:21-25
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
It is not God’s will for His children to do so well across many areas of life and then fail in their marriage. He wants us all to have successful Christian homes. Today, we shall look at the secrets of making your marriage heaven on earth.
Firstly, the couple must respect each other’s opinion even in controversial matters. Nobody has a monopoly on wisdom; hence they must be able to counsel each other. A man should never feel that his wife cannot give godly counsel. What is deficient in the husband may abound in the wife and vice versa.
Secondly, the wife must submit to the Lordship of the husband. Some women have been misled by modern concept to think submission is stupidity or slavery; this is not true, obedience to God’s word- no matter how illogical, brings success in life, including marriage. Years ago, one of my daughters-in-Christ came in for counseling because of cracks in her marriage. I realized she was arrogant, and the Lord asked me to tell her to be submissive to her husband. She disagreed, saying she was just as educated as he. When the crisis in her home persisted and I would offer no alternative, she complied and peace returned.
Thirdly, the husband must love his wife unconditionally. Don’t love her because of what you can gain from her; rather love her selflessly as Jesus loves the church. This is the only way to guarantee success in marriage (Ephesian 5:25). Jesus loves us with all our imperfections and is still working to perfect the saints for the last day.
With these foundational truths and other lessons the Holy Spirit will teach as we study the word of God on marriage, every believing couple can rest assured of a home that is heaven on earth.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, let my home be like heaven on earth, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 3-4. 12-13, 28, 55.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 16TH MAY 2020
THEME: ALL ROUND SUCCESS
MEMORISE:
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8
READ: James 2:22-25
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
I believe everyone desires all-round success but do we all know the condition required to get it?
“But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Psalm 1:2-3.
According to the text above, the condition for complete success is living by the book of the law- the word of God. This is why God ask Joshua to get acquainted with it (Joshua 1:cool. Today, it is painful that many “children of God” have abused grace so much that the law of God does not matter to them anymore. This is a deception of the devil.
To succeed, you must be wise because foolishness leads to failure (Proverbs 14:24). If you would be wise, you must be Bible compliant (2 Timothy 3:16). There is no negotiation; God’s word is the surest way to all-round success. James 1:25 says “ But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”
It was through the word of God in Malachi 3:10 that I discovered why my salary was not enough for me – I was not paying my tithe.
It was the word of God that taught me to take care of my flock as a Pastor.
For many years as the General Overseer I had to stay at the Headquarters, building the source before launching into other parts of the world.
Even now, the word of God teaches me that it is not over until it is over.
The secrets of all-round success are inexhaustible in the word of God.
Beloved, read, study, meditate, hear and live by the word of God and from now, you will begin to experience all-round success.
ACTION POINT:
MAKE THE Bible your surest and final judge in all of life’s matters.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 16-18
HYMN 28: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:49pm On May 18, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 19TH MAY 2020.
THEME: CHRISTIAN PARENTING.
MEMORISE:
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
READ: Proverbs 22:1-12
1A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2 The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
8 He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
10 Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
11 He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.
12 The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
The survival of Christianity is threatened if we refuse to raise our children the godly way. If that happens, we would have failed as parents.
“Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.”
It is important that we train children in the way of the Lord because whatever they learn early in life tends to remain with them for a very long time, if not forever. This means that children will grow with knowledge, ignorance or half-truths. What do you want them to grow with?
To have a future generation of true Christians, we must deliberately teach our children what God requires of them because soon, leadership will rest on their shoulders.
What does God require of His children?
1. Reverence and obedience: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 says the duty of man is to fear God and obey Him. We must teach the coming generation the fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 1:7). They must get wisdom.
2. Work: 2 Thessalonians 3:10 says whoever will not work should not eat. Tell them eating the food of idleness is not a mark of a Christian.
3. Trust: Human efforts shall fail (Psalm 127:1), hence they should be taught to depend solely on God.
4. Holiness: Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. We must prepare them to be pure brides.
5. Love: Charity is the greatest of virtues (1 Corinthians 13:13). Teach them to love like Christ, not just in words, but also in deed and in truth ( 1 John 3:18).
6. Give: If they love like Christ, they should also learn to give to God’s work and to the needy (Proverbs 11:25).
7. Evangelism: Teach them to win souls. Proverbs 11:30 says soul-winners are wise.
If we are faithful- as Christian parents, God will be pleased and a future generation of genuine Christians will be guaranteed.
ACTION POINT:
Parents and the Church should engage in conscious efforts to offer quality discipleship training for our children, teenagers and youth.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 5, 38, 41-42.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 20TH MAY 2020.
THEME: SIGNS AND WONDER.
MEMORISE:
And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. John 11:42
READ: Acts 4:24-32
24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
God uses miracles in so many ways. Today, we will see how faith and miracles could be tools for soul-winning.
A miracle is an effective weapon that destroys doubts and draws men to God. While it is not the only means of winning souls, it plays a vital role in boosting the faith of man in God. Even Jesus admitted this in John 11:42.
In Acts 4:4, after five thousand souls were won due to the healing of the lame man, the angry religious leaders arrested the Apostles and questioned them on whose authority they perform miracles. Peter mentioned Jesus- whom the Jewish leaders killed on the cross, as their source. Though the leaders were annoyed, they could not deny the reality of the miracles.
“Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.” Acts 4:16
So as to limit the spread of the gospel, these leaders warned the Apostles not to preach in the name of Jesus again. However, they did something significant on getting to their brethren- they lifted up their voices to God in one accord and prayed.
They prayed for the ability to perform even more miracles that would permanently shut the mouths of their persecutors and at the same time convince people of the truth they were preaching (Acts 4:29-30). That was profound!
From the example of the Apostles, we can conclude that any Church that denies the reality and necessity of the working of miracles should be questioned. The early Church built their mandate to preach on the signs, wonders and miracle-working gift of the Holy Spirit. God is still seeking vessels He can perform signs and wonders through today (John 14:2). Are you available?
ACTION POINT:
Let us thirst for and acquire all the gifts of the Spirit, so that through us, God can perform signs and wonders that will advance His kingdom.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 22-23
Psalm 57.
HYMN 22: OH LORD MY GOD!
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 21ST MAY 2020.
THEME: IT IS FINISHED.
MEMORISE:
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. Colossians 2:12
READ: John 19:28-30
28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
“It is finished” was the last statement that Jesus Christ uttered on the cross at Calvary, just before He died. There was a build-up of events, both physically and spiritually, which culminated in the solemn moment that produced that statement. It started in the garden of Eden when God created human beings in His own image as His personal object of love, and began to have a most intimate relationship with them. Satan then played a trick on humanity by tempting them to sin against God, thereby severing the beautiful relationship between God and man. Thereafter, God warned that the battle was far from being over. Genesis 3:15 says:
“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”
God put hostility between the seed of the woman and the devil. Without any doubt, Jesus Christ is the seed of the woman. He was the only human being ever born into the world without the input of a man as it was the Holy Spirit that brought about His conception. Theologically speaking, it is believed that God in His infinite wisdom carefully coded the plans of redemption into Genesis 3:15. This code remained hidden to the devil until the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus was however, fully aware of this divine plan to save mankind; thus, in John 19:30, He triumphantly cried with a loud voice “It is finished!” as a declaration of victory over the devil and his agents. Anyone who wishes to be part of that victory must accept Jesus as his/her personal Lord and Savior.
This acceptance must however not be in verbal confession only but in all our actions as well. I pray that the devil’s reign of terror over your life and family will come to an end today, in the mighty name of Jesus. Jesus already won the battle and indeed, it is finished!
PRAYER POINT:
Father, thank You for the salvation of my soul through which you have given me victory ahead of my battles.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 95, 97, 99.
HYMN 29: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:27pm On May 21, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 22ND MAY 2020.
THEME: THAT I MAY KNOW HIM.
MEMORISE:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10
READ: Exodus 5:1-8
1And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.
2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.
3 And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the LORD our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.
4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.
5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest from their burdens.
6 And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and their officers, saying,
7 Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: let them go and gather straw for themselves.
8 And the tale of the bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
Generally, ignorance kills, it is however even more lethal when people do not know God. Such people do not know God. Such people could fall into the hands of God just as Nebuchadnezzar did (Daniel 4:33).
Pharaoh was reluctant to free the Israelites because he was ignorant of God’s power (Exodus 5:2), yet that was not enough to excuse him and his kingdom from God’s judgment. God will never accept ignorance as an excuse for disobedience to His will.
Knowledge however, is power, more so the knowledge of the Most High God. It is the ultimate power.
How do we know God to the extent that we can draw maximum benefits from Him? How do we avoid walking contrary to His will?
God is the source of both temporal and eternal blessings. To know Him, you must first know Jesus. Matthew 11:27 says:
“All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.”
Knowing Jesus Christ is knowing the mind of God and those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits (Daniel 11:32). No wonder Paul prayed passionately to know Jesus intimately (Philippians 3:10).
When we look at Paul’s prayer, we may understand why he did great exploits in the ministry. To achieve the same kind of result in our Christian walk, we also must be knowledgeable in the word of God. Search the Scripture daily to know Jesus Christ the more (John 5:39), His mission before (Matthew 1:21), during (John 14:6) and after His earthly ministry (Revelation 22:12).
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please reveal Your majesty to me that I may reverence You as I should.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 24
1 Chronicles 21-22.
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 12:32am On May 23, 2020
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: SATURDAY 23RD MAY, 2020.
THEME: OLDER, NOT WEAKER.
MEMORIZE:
There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. Isaiah 65:20
BIBLE READING:
ISAIAH 65:20-23
20.There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them.
22. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat; for as the the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands
23. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of LORD, and their offspring with them.
Are you aware that your strength can remain intact even as you grow old? According to Deuteronomy 34:7, Moses was One hundred and twenty years old, yet had 20/20 vision and was not weak.
Isaiah 65:20 says a young child will die at the
age of one hundred years. Just imagine that if in the church when we say We lost a child we are talking of someone aged One Hundred years.
That is the promise of God. Joshua 14: 10, 11 says:
“…and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out and come in“.
In the verse above, Caleb said, at eighty-five he was still as strong as he was at forty. He could still fight battles! Compare your age to that of his and see if it is normal to feel weak.
God will renew your youth like the eagles in the mighty name of Jesus (Psalms 103:5)!
No matter your age, sickness has no place in your body because it is still the temple of God (1 Corinthians 6:19 ).
The devil has deceived many of us with the idea that certain sicknesses are typical for old people. It is a big lie.
My Bible tells me that I am healed by the stripes of Jesus. It didnt say I will enjoy the healing when I am fifty. It will work for me all through life. So, I decree: no sickness can stay in your body in the mighty name of Jesus.
Now, with age comes wisdom and discipline – wisdom to eat only what is right and discipline to stay away from eating anything that would hurt you.
As an adult with experience, the effects of diabetes you have seen should keep you from consuming sugar.
You should have seen people die of cancer so much so that you know consuming organic food is better than processed ones with chemicals in them.
If you are faithful in playing your part to stay healthy, just leave the rest to God. He is faithful to keep you strong.
PRAYER POINT:
Lets pray for our elders that as their days are, so shall their strength be.
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 108-113
HYMN 23: ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 25TH MAY 2020
THEME: ENEMIES OF CHRISTIAN PILGRIMS
MEMORISE:
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1
READ: 1 John 3:4-10
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
God warns His children to be aware of the several roadblocks on their journey to the promised land. Chief among these is the devil. He puts obstacles in our path so we can reject the ways of the Lord (1 Peter 5:7-9). He uses sin as a weapon of destruction knowing fully well that no unclean thing shall enter into the Kingdom of God (Revelation 21:27).
Seeing these obvious threats to the success of our pilgrimage, God always provides an escape route for us (1 Corinthians 10:13).
In today’s Bible reading, John describes sin as a transgression of the law. It is definitely not a Christian virtue. As a matter of fact, sinner belong to the devil because he has been sinning from the beginning (1 John 3:cool.
The whole duty of Satan is to lure people into disobedience against God, thus truncating their journey to eternal life. He told Adam and Eve that eating the forbidden fruit would not affect their relationship with God. Eventually, they were sent from the blissful garden of Eden (Genesis 3). Today, he has introduced the concept of ‘non-essentials’ to the Christian faith. For instance, the devil convinces people that a sip of alcohol once in a while does not matter, and that premarital sex is not bad as long as the couple would eventually marry each other, without regard for Hebrews 13:4! What about lies? Many ‘Christians’ now lie with impunity and it is termed ‘white’ lies. These are very little foxes that destroy the vine of faith. This is a timely warning for Christian pilgrim to guard against seemingly insignificant habits that can exclude one from the hope of eternal life.
ACTION POINT:
Examine your life for socially acceptable behaviors that are not Christ-like. They could deny you of eternal life ultimately. Do away with them all immediately.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 131, 138-139, 143-145.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:38pm On May 25, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 26TH MAY 2020
THEME: CHOOSE HAPPINESS
MEMORISE:
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. John 13:17
READ: John 13:13-17
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
Today’s memory verse makes us know clearly that we can influence our happiness. We can also deduce that knowledge is a requirement for happiness and this knowledge is from God.
“ If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him….. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:5,17
Getting knowledge too is a choice. There are people who have refused education despite so much persuasion. Most of such people end up as failures and become unhappy for the rest of their lives. It was however their choice. Likewise, some people deliberately follow other gods and this too could be a source of sorrow (Psalm 16:4). As temporal as wealth is when compared with spiritual and eternal blessings, lack of it may cause unhappiness. Even the Bible says “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.” (Proverbs 22:7).
How can you become happy and remain so? Beloved, it is not enough to have knowledge, we must learn to do (John 13:17).
In today’s Bible reading, Jesus taught His disciples a secret of happiness- service to God and humanity. When you serve God and make Him the Lord over all your affairs, you will be happy (Psalm 144:15).
We would also be happy if you know how to get out of poverty in a Godly manner. Act according to Malachi 3:10 which commands us to pay our tithes so the widows of heavenly blessings can be open upon the works of your hands.
Beloved, I encourage you to choose happiness today. Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God and the Savior of the world is the only way to true happiness and eternal life (John 3:16-18).

PRAYER POINT:
Father, I choose to be happy today; I come to You through Your Son, Jesus. please, give me joy eternal.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 26-29
Psalm 127.
HYMN 3: BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 6:24am On May 27, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 27TH MAY 2020
THEME: COMMAND YOUR HOUSEHOLD
MEMORISE:
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7
READ: Genesis 18:19
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
It is most surprising that the children of Christians of the outgoing generation appear to be missing in action today. Typically, if a Christian couple had three children for example the next generation should therefore have at least three people standing for God, but this is clearly not so. Now we have worldly musicians whose parents are leaders in the church. The devil may be working hard to make the world a corrupt place, but a lot of Christian parents seem to be helping him get the job done faster. How can Christian parents dress their children in revealing clothes? Everything you introduce to your children now will be normal to them as they grow. If you are already dressing your daughter in revealing clothes now that she is little, she would most likely wear even more provocative ones when she is a teenager.
If you are a child of God, you must make sure that your children emulate you in the things you do, the way you talk and even the things you love. You instill this in them by showing them what is right and what is wrong as they grow up. Some parents go to church and leave their children at home, claiming that they don’t want to force them to serve God; they want them to grow up to love God by themselves. I pity them because they are just giving the devil a free hand with their children. Do you let the child decide if he wants to go to school or not? God said about Abraham in Genesis 18:19:
“For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD…..”
Can God say the same thing about you? Before you evangelize to the unbelievers outside, are you sure that there is no unbeliever in your home? Watch what they wear, what they say, who their friends are. Teach them to read their Bible and to pray. When you teach your children to live godly lives, you will have rest in your old age because the Holy Spirit in them will not allow them to misbehave. If you have a child who is already going wayward, I pray that he/she would encounter Christ and change for the better in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT:
Every day, as you teach them, pray for your children that they will walk in the ways of the Most High God all their lives.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 111-118.
HYMN 6: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOME.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 28TH MAY 2020
THEME: GOD WILL REWARD YOU
MEMORISE:
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward. Matthew 10:42
READ: Matthew 6:1-6
1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Expecting reciprocal help from those you have helped may not be wise. God does not always work that way.
"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?" Matthew 5:46
In today’s memory verse, Jesus promises a reward to whoever gives a drink to any young and defenseless person for the gospel's sake. This is indeed encouraging and reassuring.
Going by this, as children of God, we must do good to all men, regardless of their affiliations. That way, we will be like our impartial Father who causes the rain to fall and sun to shine on both the good and the evil.
Sometimes ago, a Christian couple fed an unbelieving young man. This gesture eventually made him give his life to Christ. Today, that young man is the founder of a successful Christian organization with many branches across Nigeria. Imagine the effects of one good deed.
Jesus warned against doing good deeds because of the praise of men (Matthew 6:1-6). For many years, Christians generally adhered to this. However, things are changing really fast today. Some people even publicize their trips to motherless babies’ homes. Jesus says in Matthew 6:2:
“Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.”
The Lord wants you to always do good to your neighbours. This way, you will show you are a true child of your Father. “…he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.” (Proverbs 14:21). Follow peace with all men and show kindness to everyone. God will surely reward you.
ACTION POINT:
Look out for the poor in your community and be good to them.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 1-2
Psalm 37, 71, 94
HYMN 28: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:37pm On May 29, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 30TH MAY 2020
THEME: MAKE SOULWINNING YOUR LIFESTYLE.
MEMORISE:
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30
READ: Luke 10:1-3
1After these things the LORD appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Despite all your endeavors, if you are not actively winning souls, you are courting fruitlessness, and believe me, you don’t want to face the consequences of being fruitless, as stated in John 15:1-2:
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.”
If you are wise, you will make soul winning a priority in everything you do. When churches organize programmes with great crowds gathered and at the end of the day, there is no call for salvation, I just think “what a waste of time, effort and money.” What is the essence of doing anything at all in the Church if it will not ultimately lead more people to heaven? What is the essence of organizing concerts, doing jamboree and shouting to praise the Most High God if we do not prioritize His very heart beat- bringing lost souls back to His Kingdom? If you are a leader in any capacity in the body of Christ, I am speaking to you now. Whatever you are planning to organize in the Church that will not ultimately win souls to God’s kingdom or help already won souls to stand more firmly for God is a complete waste of time. If you are not bearing fruits, God Himself will take you away from the Vine. What a fearful thing it is if God himself separates you from Jesus Christ!
In your secular activities too, you must use every opportunity to win souls. Imagine how many terrorists would have been won to Christ, imagine how many parents of wayward children would have trained their children on the right path, if we had been using every available opportunity to win souls.
Anytime I am invited for honorary awards anywhere around the world, as long as I have that microphone in my hand and a few seconds to talk, I will appreciate the giver of the award and remind them that Jesus is coming soon with His own reward. No matter where you are, no matter who you are, no matter what you do, make soulwinning your lifestyle.
REFLECTION:
How well do you use all platforms at your disposal to win souls into the Kingdom of God?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 King 3-4
2 Chronicles 1
Psalm 72.
HYMN 12: I AM THINE OH LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 2ND JUNE 2020
THEME: THE WORD DELIVERS!
MEMORISE:
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. Psalm 107:20.
READ: Matthew 8:5-13
5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:3
There is power in God’s word. By it, He created the universe and still does wonders today. In today’s Bible reading, Jesus had wanted to visit the home of a Centurion to heal his servant but was surprised when the Centurion asked Him to “speak the word only” (Matthew 8:8-10). Jesus spoke and the servant was indeed healed (Matthew 8:13). This was a fulfilment of the prophesy “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Psalm 107:20).
A lot of people keep searching for deliverance, yet they disregard the most potent weapon- the word of God. For example, God’s word came to Caln but he ignored it. The word was meant to warn him, to deliver him from the possible error and subsequent sorrow and perdition, but he let the opportunity slip away through envy (Genesis 4:6-7).
Dear reader, the word of God is coming to you today, do not ignore it.
God’s word says “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41). What should you do? Obey, watch, watch, increase your prayer time so temptation will not sweep you away from the faith.
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Romans 6:14). Believe the word and you will be free from sin permanently.
Philippians 4:19 says “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” if you believe, poverty shall become history in your life. If you are sick, 1 Peter 2:24 says by Christ’s stripes, we have been healed. Beloved, as you believe the Word today, you will experience a positive turnaround in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me live a life of faith, so the Word You have sent may deliver me from all destructions.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 1-3.
HYMN 14: IMORTAL, INVISIBLE, GOD ONLY WISE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 3RD JUNE 2020
THEME: BEWARE OF STRANGE FIRE
MEMORISE:
And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD. Numbers 26:61
READ: Hebrews 13:8-13
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
In the physical realm, there are different types of fire used for varying constructive or destructive purpose.
This is also true in the spiritual realm where fire could be godly or ungodly, constructive or destructive. The Holy Spirit is the source of godly fire.
Samson tearing a lion apart in Judges 14:5-6 is a classic example of what you can do when the Spirit kindles godly fire inside you. When He kindles fire in you, supernatural power comes and you are able to overcome your enemies. On the other hand, an ungodly fire produces a desire to perform acts (or an act) that negates God’s will and commandments. It destroys completely. It can also be an ungodly act in itself as we see in the case of Nadab and Abihu who died because they offered strange fire before the Lord.
“And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.” Numbers 26:61
The ungodly fire made Samson go after strange women. It destroyed him. Some years ago, one of my spiritual sons was confronted with a strange fire of erotic emotions with his secretary. He sought spiritual counsel from me and I told him plainly to sack her immediately. He did and the strange fire was quenched. When you allow strange fire to grow, it will destroy. This is why the Lord wants you to beware of strange fire.
Strange fire could be unbiblical worship. For example, an intending couple should not spend nights together alone in the name of prayer vigil. It is strange fire when a lady comes to minister at the altar with sensitive parts of her body exposed. A pastor that introduces the blood of animals as a means of anointing during deliverance service is also dealing in strange fire. It destroys. Read the Bible and crosscheck your life today for any such appearance. If there is, put it out from the source immediately.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, deliver your Church from strange fire, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 4-6.
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When A Man Is Not Humble / Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Karma And Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 270
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.