Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company (14872 Views)

Advice Needed On Motor Vehicle To Purchase / Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (m.v.a.a.) / The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pinoralia: 2:39am On Jan 22, 2020
Sexyjigga:
Damn.....Mercedes Benz or B.M.W for me anytime,anyday...

You can say that again
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pinoralia: 2:41am On Jan 22, 2020
yanabasee:
What happened to M'Benz?

I wonder o. I am German car loyalist any day, anytime.
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pinoralia: 2:43am On Jan 22, 2020
Godsonkemz:
Toyota seems to be the most trusted brand in Africa.

Worldwide (with exception of Europe)

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pinoralia: 2:53am On Jan 22, 2020
LandAndHomes:
Auto gurus in the house, please which truck is best for movement of site materials like blocks.

2019 Merc Benz S600
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pinoralia: 2:55am On Jan 22, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
No be lie. Toyota consistently outperforms every other brand worldwide. Even in the United States, Toyota gives American made vehicles a great run for money.
Toyota cars employ mixes of reliability, innovation, aesthetics and economy. A jack of all trades and a master of all if you will. Toyota is the way to go.

Nairalanders I lie?

Reliability and economy, yes.
Innovation and aesthetics, NO. The German brands own those two fully.

2 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pedrotina11: 6:05am On Jan 22, 2020
I pray ur mumu pays u...cos u no fit mumu like dis and he no pay u..
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Pedrotina11: 6:05am On Jan 22, 2020
najiswealth:
There's fraud in this their selectoin, have they seen Innoson motors or is it because it is made in Biafra

I pray ur mumu pays u, u no fit mumu like dis make he no pay u..
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by atomicdele(m): 6:06am On Jan 22, 2020
KingAzari:
Have driven both Toyota, Honda, Benz, Volvo and BMW. I'll choose Honda over any of those any time any day. Especially the recent models of Honda. Drove my cousin's 2014 Honda accord from Onitsha to PH in December and I nearly cum.

I just love you for this....choi. #HondaLover4Life
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Goldiano(m): 6:25am On Jan 22, 2020
bfire:

Trust me, go for 2014 or 2016 Honda Accord.

You may buy the 2016 Civic also. Nice ride.

The 2018 Crv serves all purpose combined in the above two.
Get the 1.5L turbo engine
pls I heard honda accord use to have hand tear off...I can't afford honda 16,but I think I can afford 2014,pls what price can I get a problem free tokunbo honda 2014
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Goldiano(m): 6:29am On Jan 22, 2020
atomicdele:

I just love you for this....choi. #HondaLover4Life
Goodmorning sir,what about Hyundai brands,can it be better to honda 2014
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by atomicdele(m): 7:23am On Jan 22, 2020
Goldiano:
Goodmorning sir,what about Hyundai brands,can it be better to honda 2014

Hyundai products are good too....fantastic cars.... Depends on what you look out for in a car. I love my car to have a presence, aesthetic interiors, good shocks and durable engine... Honda gives that. Leg pulling ended with 2006 accord models, slightly in 2007. Corrected from 2008 models upwards. Regardless, maintenance culture is key....I hope this helps. Nigerians are just ignorantly against Honda, just because someone said so. Do your research and decide accordingly. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by gidson12(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2020
GuestLog:
Hausa men don't play around with Honda. It's their favorite car.
That's was then, not anymore, the hausas now roll on Benz o,
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2020
KingAzari:
Have driven both Toyota, Honda, Benz, Volvo and BMW. I'll choose Honda over any of those any time any day. Especially the recent models of Honda. Drove my cousin's 2014 Honda accord from Onitsha to PH in December and I nearly cum.

nearly does not kill a bird
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by oyebanji(m): 10:02am On Jan 22, 2020
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by solreb: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2020
Dpharisee:
Toyota Hilux remains the most popular utility vehicle because of its versatility.
The car with highest second hand value in Nigeria is Toyota
Toyota is also the car with highest second hand value in the USA. I have been at auctions for used cars in USA. It was the Totota cars commanding the highest bid price despite their ages.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by McPizzle(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2020
psalmsmiles:
They didnt reveal the criterias used in making this decision.
Sadly, many nigerians will agree wholeheartedly with this list. Why not? When they live in a country where a person who owns a toyota pencil or muscle feels like he has made it in life.
In saner climes, when they are mentioning car companies, Toyota doesn't even come in.
Nonsense and Amotekun

Nonsense, in saner climes Toyota is the go to brand, google the best selling car in the world and it's most definitely a Toyota. Resale value is excellent, they drive well into the 100000miles mark before you have issues with them. The BMWs and the Mercedes are luxury line-ups for sure but they lose value quite quickly and they cost a fortune to maintain. check reliability rankings for motor brands, you'll find Lexus and Toyota top the rankings (Lexus of course is part of Toyota). If you looking for a car of everyday use with little to no maintenance, reliable with low fuel consumption, Toyota is your go-to brand and that is for a Tokunbo hungry nation like ours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Analysiscorner: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2020
KingAzari:
Please, tell me more
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by frog12: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2020
yes, honda is very good. toyota seats are comfortable

KingAzari:
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Goldiano(m): 11:48am On Jan 22, 2020
atomicdele:

Hyundai products are good too....fantastic cars.... Depends on what you look out for in a car. I love my car to have a presence, aesthetic interiors, good shocks and durable engine... Honda gives that. Leg pulling ended with 2006 accord models, slightly in 2007. Corrected from 2008 models upwards. Regardless, maintenance culture is key....I hope this helps. Nigerians are just ignorantly against Honda, just because someone said so. Do your research and decide accordingly. Cheers!
hmmm, thanks sir
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by paix(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
yanabasee:
What happened to M'Benz?
Moto wey no get second hand value?

2 Likes

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by emmygzy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
conductor250:

Shut up. You think innovation means pimping fancy LED lights on C300 that yahoo boys drive around?

Many techs you enjoy in cars today were first done by Toyota ranging from reverse cam, electric/hybrid/Tesla cars (Toyota Prius , 1997), and so many other things.

While BMW and Benzedes are playing catchup by releasing an all-electric cars only a year or two ago, Toyota skipped full electric cars and went and invented cars that are powered by water (hydrogen) which went on sale as (Toyota Mirai) far back as 2015 and which of course, you don't know.

Na 17-year-old kids and your fellow Marlians you go dey yarn that German rubbish although as for designing fancy-looking cars that many times look too childish, German got it.
You sabi bros. Most Nigerians are ignorant. It's when I researched that I know why Toyota is the most used car in the world. For 2019, Rav4 is the most bought SUV in the USA. In Canada, Toyota rules, in Australia it is the king. I watched a lot of YouTube videos about cars. Its then I know that land cruiser is way durable than Gwagon, and Rangerover. In the middle east, they call land cruiser the king of the desert, they said they don't fancy Gwagon or Rangerover because it breaks down easily.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by bfire(m): 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Goldiano:
pls I heard honda accord use to have hand tear off...I can't afford honda 16,but I think I can afford 2014,pls what price can I get a problem free tokunbo honda 2014

That only happens to the 03/04 Accord
America spec then and it was common
on Nigeria road.

It didn't go beyond the 05 Accord on 9ja road.

Ignorantly, our people did not know it's not
a usual occurence in American & Europe.

Even though 4runner and Sequoia use to have
worse suspension problem

14 Accord will costs you North of N4M.

You may get it lesser if you pre-order it
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Goldiano(m): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
bfire:

That only happens to the 03/04 Accord
America spec then and it was common
on Nigeria road.

It didn't go beyond the 05 Accord on 9ja road.

Ignorantly, our people did not know it's not
a usual occurence in American & Europe.

Even though 4runner and Sequoia use to have
worse suspension problem

14 Accord will costs you North of N4M.

You may get it lesser if you pre-order it
what do u mean by if I pre-order sir?
Secondly,I have #1.3mln to 1.4mln budget to get honda car,which one can my money take that I would enjoy
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by olawonder(m): 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Another yoloba mumuric spotted
Baba e ni mumu!
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
olawonder:

Baba e ni mumu!

Baba iya ee werey grin
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by olawonder(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
angry
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by olawonder(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Baba iya ee werey grin

A’baa furo iyalaya’e!
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
olawonder:

A’baa furo iyalaya’e!

Abaa furo iyalaya ati babanla baba e lorun cheesy grin grin
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by olawonder(m): 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Abaa furo iyalaya ati babanla baba e lorun cheesy grin grin
Oloriibu omo Igbo... u no get work.
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by bfire(m): 3:44am On Jan 23, 2020
Goldiano:
what do u mean by if I pre-order sir?
Secondly,I have #1.3mln to 1.4mln budget to get honda car,which one can my money take that I would enjoy

With your budget: N1.4M

06 Civic
02 Crv
Re: Fortune Magazine Names Toyota Number 1 Motor Vehicle Company by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 23, 2020
olawonder:

Oloriibu omo Igbo... u no get work.

Eleribu omo inaki... Owo osi esu lagiri oko grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience / This One-of-a-kind Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport L'Or Blanc Is Made With Porcelain / FRSC Writes Toyota Over High Rate Of Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.