Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React (38955 Views)

Reps Uncover 45m Barrels Sold At N45m At Lagos Ports Complex In 2022 / Lagos State Government Close Mile 2 To Tincan Island Ports For 2days For Repairs / Nigeria Recovers 693 Power Equipment Containers Abandoned At Ports For 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 23, 2020
otokx:

The roads from Onne to Port Harcourt, to Aba, to Warri and to Owerri which are federal roads should be repaired.

The road to onne port is that bad now?

I think it should be made double lane( it's been long I went there)
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Openbusiness: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2020
Who are they deceiving? Lol! Is it not APM that runs Apapa wharf, and APM is the owner and parent company of Maersk Line? So they just want to control both ends, purely business, not like they want to do south south a favor.

2 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Osidazz19: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
jimyjames:
Good news for we Igbo's gradually the ball is rolling back to our court
[/s]
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Wickedtruths: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2020
Awol1:
This is just the beginning.

I wish Igboland had link with the Ocean, Lagos would have been forgotten.

Igboland has link na.

Didn't you people think about that before shouting that it is marginalization that made Igboland not to have a seaport.

1 Like

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2020
kettykings:
I now realize why the md's wife might have been murdered some few weeks ago but does it have any correlation with the decision to port to onne port Harcourt .

Cargo freight from Europe to Lagos ports is higher than from Europe to the Eastern ports, but despite that, Lagos became the official port under the policy of cargo destination since Obasanjo government. The pressure on Lagos ports also led to the explosion and failure of support infrastructure. The limit of unfair policy regime and unfair market control is what we are experiencing now.”

So unfair business policy of Obasanjo government is the reason why igbos have been flooding lagos, people will come online and still blame igbos for flooding Lagos when all the while it was Obasanjo that used unfair business policy to cause it
what does the policy entail?
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by hopevalley: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2020
That's very good for the shipping line. Click on the links on my signature to master how you can make more than N3Million profit per plot from investing in the Ibeju Lekki plots of land.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Positivepoint(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2020
jimyjames:
Good news for we Igbo's gradually the ball is rolling back to our court

Wow shame. But u guys said ur agenda ain't about economic prosperity. How did south south become south east?

1 Like

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by solmusdesigns: 10:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Thank God nobody would continue blaming Lagos for holding them back

1 Like

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Drosonogasta(m): 10:32am On Jan 23, 2020
Hmmm! Bad news for Lagos state Govt. I pity some LG wey dey rely on state allocation.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Anambralstson: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2020
Positivepoint:

Wow shame. But u guys said ur agenda ain't about economic prosperity. How did south south become south east?
I can see you are pain, wait for completion of warri port, concession of Onitsha port and Baro port which is very important and strategic to Igbos and North, North gradually cutting you guys down.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2020
DCmonster:
Good development!

Gbamsolutely good great development.
Decongestion of Lagos is a necessity.

5 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2020
wristwatchiced:
We need more ports

What is the percentage utilisation of all the existing ports?

2 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by misterjosh(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2020
A really welcomed development

1 Like

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2020
otokx:
The roads from Onne to Port Harcourt, to Aba, to Warri and to Owerri which are federal roads should be repaired.

How about railways up to the ports?

2 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Pavarottii(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Oga shut up, kano and kaduna doesn't have port and they are doing great
Doing great in what sense? Greater than rivers and delta or what?

5 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by bash8936: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2020
Anambralstson:
I can see you are pain, wait for completion of warri port, concession of Onitsha port and Baro port which is very important and strategic to Igbos and North, North gradually cutting you guys down.

They will soon run back to Lagos by the time Igbo people use scam to spoil their life and SS use kidnapping and hijacking to finish them.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2020
Drosonogasta:
Hmmm! Bad news for Lagos state Govt. I pity some LG wey dey rely on state allocation.

Not bad news at all.
Revenue means equal expenditure to provide government services, utilities, facilities and infrastructures for the people who paid. Not so

2 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by solmusdesigns: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2020
Anambralstson:

in your dreams hahaha!!! i wonder what would happen to your brothers in Alaba? would they now ship from the east to sell in the west or they would vacate the market and relocate to the east? last last the west has the market and the ocean so whatever you like do the west is still winning, and last time i checked INTELS running onne is still co owned by Atiku , Volpi and Tinubu

and for your information this are the top shipping line still plying lagos

•Maersk Nigeria Limited. ...
•Delek Marine Services LTD. ...
•Antwerp Shipping Nigeria Limited. ...
•Balaguer Limited. ...
•Sifax Nigeria Limited. ...
•OceanGlory Commodities Limited. ...
•Derron Group. ...
•AdeLove Shipping

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by deliveryboy: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2020
Port Harcourt is not safe for business, multiple taxation from different agencies, communities levies would be slammed on business every kilometers one moves, cultism and hoodlums have infested the state, these people hate investors with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2020
Pavarottii:
Doing great in what sense? Greater than rivers and delta or what?

Doing great with almajiri beggars who are ready to be recruited as Boko Haram terrorists and barawo bubu dogs & baboons fatwa executioners.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by AerialMapper: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2020
Great decision! Lagos port is a disaster.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by iy8701: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2020
We are our own problem. Politics is now the order of the day instead of common Sense. This reminds me of my working place, where I have been working for years with my people no growth and promotion, only for a white woman to come and change everything.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Kamanuozuzu: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2020
otuekong1:

most Igbo's thrives well outside igboland

And will not thrive well at home?
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by groovie(m): 10:41am On Jan 23, 2020
If i own a vessel, to be honest i won't trade the Nigerian route. The level of corruption of Port official coupled with the turn around time at the ports can make one go crazy. When they spoke about corruption i really thought they were going to touch key sectors. Maritime, oil and gas, power. These are the key sectors that can easily drive the economy. Not chasing people you cannot pin evidence on up and down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Pavarottii(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2020
anonimi:

Doing great with almajiri beggars who are ready to be recruited as Boko Haram terrorists and barawo bubu dogs & baboons fatwa executioners.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Minding d fool.. Av been up north and I stay in d South u can't compare at all... The level of poverty in d north, Nimi u go run... Beggers from the beginning to d end... Some local government are IDPs in its natural look...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Adflex1(m): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2020
Good News, Seems like they are incurring demurage and can’t bear the waiting time anymore. Other Bigger Firms should join and utilize free ports that they can berth to ease operation and Quick turn around time.

Maritime industry shouldn’t be Politically twisted for regional or personal gain. angry

5 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:44am On Jan 23, 2020
Pavarottii:
Minding d fool.. Av been up not and I stay in d South u can't compare at all... The level of poverty in d north, Nimi u go run... Beggers from the beginning to d end... Some local government are IDPs in its natural look...

Terrible situation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6975830_daw3dzpxuaah7iw_jpeg_jpeg37f9ad45238d6eb8364291b928357647

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6975832_almajirimendicantsstretchinghandstocollectsweetassadaka_manypeopleinhausalandgivesadakatoalmajiraiondailybasisseekingdivinerewardandprotection_jpeg_jpeg77161d3d127f9f6c86b5ff7b0f20a591

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by anonimi: 10:45am On Jan 23, 2020
Adflex1:
Good News, Seems like they are incurring demurage and can’t bear the waiting time anymore. Other Bigger Firms should join and utilize free ports that they can berth to ease operation and Quick turn around time.

Maritime industry shouldn’t be Politically twisted for regional or personal gain. angry

Na so o.
No dulling!

2 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cutehector(m): 10:45am On Jan 23, 2020
Pls oh.. They should not come and congest port Harcourt for us abeg
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Kamanuozuzu: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2020
Which road will you use to evacuate the containers? This is another problem. No road from Port Harcourt to Aba.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Adflex1(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2020
deliveryboy:
Port Harcourt is not safe for business, multiple taxation from different agencies, communities levies would be slammed on business every kilometers one moves, cultism and hoodlums have infested the state, these people hate investors with passion.

You are insane, show me one place in Nigeria that is Crime Free,.. Nigeria as a country needs more than 10 functional And effective Ports in diverse areas, everything must not be Lagos that is Over congested, Ports need to spread across the nation.

4 Likes

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Irore: 10:49am On Jan 23, 2020
Bukky244:
Everyone from SE/SS must support this and make it work. Everyone who wants the progress of that region must not attack their vessels on the high seas. They have always complained of security issues around that side. Its time to encourage them by showing that the region is safe to do business. Asari should speak to his people.

Thanks for this call-out and hoping SE/SS wil be wise to do the needful. It has never been an 'Asari should speak to his people' thing and if it was
, it's because of the negligence of political leaders for the fact that most of these ports are in south south; minority tribes of Nigeria. Thanks to the powers that be and to Maerskline for the re-think.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Nigeria Now Divided - Governor Bala Mohammed / Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre / Niger-Delta Avengers Destroy Agip And Shell Pipelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.