Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,436 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React (38958 Views)

Reps Uncover 45m Barrels Sold At N45m At Lagos Ports Complex In 2022 / Lagos State Government Close Mile 2 To Tincan Island Ports For 2days For Repairs / Nigeria Recovers 693 Power Equipment Containers Abandoned At Ports For 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Vidyut: 11:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You mean a deep seaport in Lagos is not progress?

Release your brain from permanent reverse.
[/s]
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
HAKYN1:

Osus are born hateful cowards, they celebrate anything they think brings Yoruba down, they run the Government of Nigeria with the north for several years and they are here crying again. Who God has blessed no man can curse. Yoruba land is ahead of Osuland naturally. International waters, e dey, International boundary e dey, arable agricultural land, e dey, crude oil e dey. Every omoluabi should be grateful to God, despite the ever increasing Osu hatred, we are still waxing stronger.
who is osus
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

If you think a local port in One or any region is about to dethrone Lagos or take away any shipping business, you are sadly mistaken.
Dethrone?, i thought maersk said decongest, even the NfPpresident said establish multiple ports, tribalists and selfishists are why we even have time to make this topic a news, maersk will be laughing at us, its shameful,
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Sunrise258: 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bukky244:
Everyone from SE/SS must support this and make it work. Anyone who wants the progress of that region must not attack their vessels on the high seas. They have always complained of security issues around that side. Its time to encourage them by showing that the region is safe to do business. Asari should speak to his people.

They will never heed. Children of anarchy won't hear until they perish. Their madness has chased almost all companies away due to insecurity. Just this 2020 Jan, two white men were kidnapped in Bayelsa.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Marine54(m): 12:29am On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:

you don't want other regions to progress, you want everything to remain in lagos , even when there is three functional sea ports in the east. That's why you're an enemy progress!
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Marine54(m): 12:39am On Jan 24, 2020
Sunrise258:

They will never heed. Children of anarchy won't hear until they perish. Their madness has chased almost all companies away due to insecurity. Just this 2020 Jan, two white men were kidnapped in Bayelsa.
una no dey tire for all these useless propaganda ! The main reason the ibo's are trooping to lagos is because the sea port. If those three Eastern ports is allow to funtion, guess what! Lagos ....... Will....fall... The Yoruba's know that.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by NGpatriot: 12:54am On Jan 24, 2020
TerraMessorem:

Dethrone?, i thought maersk said decongest, even the NfPpresident said establish multiple ports, tribalists and selfishists are why we even have time to make this topic a news, maersk will be laughing at us, its shameful,

There's nothing wrong with having 1 million seaports in Nigeria, even if you prefer one in your local LG, who cares, just letting you know that there's a better and more capable seaport under construction in Lagos to decongest Apapa port and so Lagos shall remain the main port of call in Nigeria, that is not tribalism, that's a reality.

You are the tribalist.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by NGpatriot: 12:54am On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
Marine54:
you don't want other regions to progress, you want everything to remain in lagos , even when there is three functional sea ports in the east. That's why you're an enemy progress!
[/s]

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:

There's nothing wrong with having 1 million seaports in Nigeria, even if you prefer one in your local LG, who cares, just letting you know that there's a better and more capable seaport under construction in Lagos to decongest Apapa port and so Lagos shall remain the main port of call in Nigeria, that is not tribalism, that's a reality.

You are the tribalist.
And does it make sense bulding another port, when you cannot even maintain the one already there, or building 2 ports in the same vicinity, they will still choke, because the vessels have to dock in the same relative area. common sense dictates to make use of more than 1 strategic location. where will the money come from building ports without planning. your point is moot, because i called out you wrong/tribal perception of "dethroning", where in the truth is nigeria at the level of a federation should not be making this topic news. someone rightly said, maersk should dump their garbage for them anyehere they can, nigeria will go and collect it from there, a seaport is not an issue for all the political back bighting they have made it into, unless ofcourse when the primary objective is to embezzle the intended funding.
i repeat the only political objective in tribalising seaports is the original intent to embezzle the expected massive funding that will come that way. so unless you are one of the seaport commissionees you are fighting for food you will not eat.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Amotekun777: 2:20am On Jan 24, 2020
Cherez:

So, why do most Yorubas also stay away from the SW?

You sure say you don take ur meds?
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Dustyn: 6:39am On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

[/s]
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Dustyn: 6:46am On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You are the tribalist.
[/s]
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 7:07am On Jan 24, 2020
Amotekun777:

You sure say you don take ur meds?
Since when did meds became the wrong thing.
I guess you're part of those primitive people who would keeps kids away from vaccination.
Oga, I guess you've not traveled abroad and within Nigeria.
The Yoruba community in UK alone can form a nation
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Amotekun777: 7:27am On Jan 24, 2020
Cherez:

I guess you're part of those primitive people who would keeps kids away from vaccination.

You wey don travel nko? How e take help you? Meds isn't necessarily a bad thing which was exactly why I asked if you've taken it. It's very imperative you administer your meds to be fully functional cuz it doesn't seem you are.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 8:04am On Jan 24, 2020
Amotekun777:

You wey don travel nko? How e take help you? Meds isn't necessarily a bad thing which was exactly why I asked if you've taken it. It's very imperative you administer your meds to be fully functional cuz it doesn't seem you are.
Lol
Yeah. I'm well experienced enough to know why people move around unlike your primitive thoughts that brought the argument here; to retain facilities in Lagos which should have been spread abroad.
Lagos could have been better for what it is today if not for this backward thoughts of people who are sedentary in every way.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Alfaab: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:

Love your neighbor and be happy for Lagos too.

Igbega ilu Eko,ajumose ni smiley
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by oyatz(m): 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2020
Sorry to slightly derail this thread.

Which group, between the elites and the masses are more tribalistic?

Cherez:

Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
oyatz:
Sorry to slightly derail this thread.

Which group, between the elites and the masses are more tribalistic?

Being rich or poor neither does being better educated nor elite doesn't make you more or less a tribalistic person.
Till date rasicm is still a disease in Europe.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by oyatz(m): 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hmn, I understand you sir but if you look at the Nigerian situation, it appears tribalism is a largely a game played by the elites, especially the political elites when they lose out in the power contest or when they want to win the power contest.

Most Nigerians are poor and they go about looking for what to eat and being too tribalistic can make this difficult.

For instance,Mr Kolawole the Estate Agent doesn't mind giving his houses to Ebira, Jukun or Edo tenants in as much as they can pay the rent plus his commision.

Emeka who is selling electronics at Oshodi will do anything to sell his products to Audu, Augie, Ibrahim, Akin, Edet ,Suliat, Adnan, Comfort, Nkechi, Segun, Obadje or Iyamu.

An average Okada rider is not bothered about the tribes of his passengers, all these women Hawking 'agbo' don't discriminate on who to sell to or who to play with. Most Pentecostal churches are peopled by Nigerians from diversed ethnic backgrounds.

The problems facing Mechanics, bricklayers, cart pushers, brothel prostitutes, Maiguards, Okada riders, food vendors and other masses in Sokoto, Kafanchan, Ilorin, Ijebu-Ode, Benin City, Aba, Obudu, Nsukka, Mubi or Gashua are the same.

Cherez:

Being rich or poor neither does being better educated nor elite doesn't make you more or less a tribalistic person.
Till date rasicm is still a disease in Europe.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 11:58pm On Jan 24, 2020
HAKYN1:

Osus are born hateful cowards, they celebrate anything they think brings Yoruba down, they run the Government of Nigeria with the north for several years and they are here crying again. Who God has blessed no man can curse. Yoruba land is ahead of Osuland naturally. International waters, e dey, International boundary e dey, arable agricultural land, e dey, crude oil e dey. Every omoluabi should be grateful to God, despite the ever increasing Osu hatred, we are still waxing stronger.
See, some of your type lie a lot.
Let's take an instance of issues in the past 10 to 20yrs from Amotekun to Osinbanjo, even to OBJ. Bros, the Igbos has hardly ever antagonized the Yorubas.
I bet you today, if APC fields OSIBANJO while PDP still fields Atiku/Obi, APC will sure get much more votes than it had ever gotten.
I challenge you to mention one ideology of the SW the East at least recently has gone against?
You just hawk your bitterness.
Now, let's get to Natural resources and co; upon all Nigeria has, it is x3 more backwards than Rwanda. Regardless, the SS can argue to have everything and more.
What's even the arguement here?
Just to spread structures around Nigeria and you call it hate?
Is this not a federation?
You've got a backward mentality for thinking locating everything in Lagos will grow it. Bros, Lagos is suffering from over population
You are here shouting OSU, tell us about the Abobaku which is worse
Abobakuland
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 12:09am On Jan 25, 2020
oyatz:
Hmn, I understand you sir but if you look at the Nigerian situation, it appears tribalism is a largely a game played by the elites, especially the political elites when they lose out in the power contest or when they want to win the power contest.

Most Nigerians are poor and they go about looking for what to eat and being too tribalistic can make this difficult.

For instance,Mr Kolawole the Estate Agent doesn't mind giving his houses to Ebira, Jukun or Edo tenants in as much as they can pay the rent plus his commision.

Emeka who is selling electronics at Oshodi will do anything to sell his products to Audu, Augie, Ibrahim, Akin, Edet ,Suliat, Adnan, Comfort, Nkechi, Segun, Obadje or Iyamu.

An average Okada rider is not bothered about the tribes of his passengers, all these women Hawking 'agbo' don't discriminate on who to sell to or who to play with. Most Pentecostal churches are peopled by Nigerians from diversed ethnic backgrounds.

The problems facing Mechanics, bricklayers, cart pushers, brothel prostitutes, Maiguards, Okada riders, food vendors and other masses in Sokoto, Kafanchan, Ilorin, Ijebu-Ode, Benin City, Aba, Obudu, Nsukka, Mubi or Gashua are the same.

You're right but that in itself doesnt define it well.
The politicians play the tribal card when it is to their favor and claims unity only when tribalism wont favor him/her, same thing the masses do.
An Okada, just wants his money so he can carry anyone but ask same Okada man to give out his daughter to marry another tribe or vote for someone not his tribe against someone of his own tribe
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by oyatz(m): 12:58am On Jan 25, 2020
Excuse me sir,

Do you know how many daughters of Okada riders that have been impregnated and moved-in (their daughters hardly do proper wedding) into the homes of men from other tribes?

As per the voting, the politicians (elities) have been singing in the ears of the masses that only they from their tribes can do well for them.

Cherez:

You're right but that in itself doesnt define it well.
The politicians play the tribal card when it is to their favor and claims unity only when tribalism wont favor him/her, same thing the masses do.
An Okada, just wants his money so he can carry anyone but ask same Okada man to give out his daughter to marry another tribe or vote for someone not his tribe against someone of his own tribe
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 7:55am On Jan 25, 2020
oyatz:
Excuse me sir,

Do you know how many daughters of Okada riders that have been impregnated and moved-in (their daughters hardly do proper wedding) into the homes of men from other tribes?

As per the voting, the politicians (elities) have been singing in the ears of the masses that only they from their tribes can do well for them.

If a politician can sway my vote with tribal sentiments then I was never liberal.
Bro, you assume this and hardly can site real life situations of the pregnancy by Okada people pikin; most Nigerians are gravely tribalistic.
Just go through this page and you can imagine that hardly do people make statements based on reasoning but premised on tribalism.
I will not lie, the virus caught me sometimes but I know I love everyone and I have employed more people from other tribes into my company just to build trust and love.
I have never voted on tribal sentiments though my vote for GEJ in 2011 was on sentiment as I felt the North was not being fair to him but it wasn't tribalistic as he was not from my tribe.
I voted PMB in 2015 but stayed away from voting in 2019.
And if APC presents PYO, I will vote for him, if not I dey my house.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by oyatz(m): 9:18am On Jan 25, 2020
We are saying almost the same thing.

1) Most of the masses aren't wise like the political elites. As a matter of fact, if the Nigerian masses are as wise as the political elites, many things will not happen in Nigeria.

2) Most of the people on Nairaland are educated and are young elites on their own.

Road side Mechanics, Vulcanizers, Brothel based prostitutes, Mai Suya, Motor park touts, most primary school teachers, most tailors, Commercial drivers, Fulaniherdsmen, abbatours workers, Mama put operators, Agbo sellers, Okrika traders,most petrol attendants, ALL the Almajiris and indeed majority of the masses aren't on Nairaland or any social media.

These group of people are in the majority in this country and unfortunately, Nigeria doesn't mean anything to them.

They form their opinions about Nigeria and other tribes largely based on what the educated elites pass onto them.

Because they are the majority and are poor, they interract with each regularly irrespective of tribal differences if it will ensure their survival and happiness.

For instance if Adamu the Almajiri in Bauchi transform to become a successful Mai Suya in Yenegoa with enough cash, he can rent a stall with his Ijaw hosts and if he is streetwise, he can impregnate Ada, the daughter of Mrs Okoro who is selling peppersoup beside his Suya joint.

Cherez:

If a politician can sway my vote with tribal sentiments then I was never liberal.
Bro, you assume this and hardly can site real life situations of the pregnancy by Okada people pikin; most Nigerians are gravely tribalistic.
Just go through this page and you can imagine that hardly do people make statements based on reasoning but premised on tribalism.
I will not lie, the virus caught me sometimes but I know I love everyone and I have employed more people from other tribes into my company just to build trust and love.
I have never voted on tribal sentiments though my vote for GEJ in 2011 was on sentiment as I felt the North was not being fair to him but it wasn't tribalistic as he was not from my tribe.
I voted PMB in 2015 but stayed away from voting in 2019.
And if APC presents PYO, I will vote for him, if not I dey my house.
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Cherez: 9:42am On Jan 25, 2020
oyatz:
We are saying almost the same thing.

1) Most of the masses aren't wise like the political elites. As a matter of fact, if the Nigerian masses are as wise as the political elites, many things will not happen in Nigeria.

2) Most of the people on Nairaland are educated and are young elites on their own.

Road side Mechanics, Vulcanizers, Brothel based prostitutes, Mai Suya, Motor park touts, most primary school teachers, most tailors, Commercial drivers, Fulaniherdsmen, abbatours workers, Mama put operators, Agbo sellers, Okrika traders,most petrol attendants, ALL the Almajiris and indeed majority of the masses aren't on Nairaland or any social media.

These group of people are in the majority in this country and unfortunately, Nigeria doesn't mean anything to them.

They form their opinions about Nigeria and other tribes largely based on what the educated elites pass onto them.

Because they are the majority and are poor, they interract with each regularly irrespective of tribal differences if it will ensure their survival and happiness.

For instance if Adamu the Almajiri in Bauchi transform to become a successful Mai Suya in Yenegoa with enough cash, he can rent a stall with his Ijaw hosts and if he is streetwise, he can impregnate Ada, the daughter of Mrs Okoro who is selling peppersoup beside his Suya joint.

I grab your point, do true but my brother Naija matter don tire me.
I've resolved to face my immediate personal issues and stop thinking about the society at all.
I just find a way to float above the bad situations
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Thazard(m): 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
DCmonster:
Good development!
Re: Maerskline Plans To Dump Lagos Ports For Onne Port, Stakeholders React by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
I have a 2bedroom flat for rent at Awolowo road tanke ilorin.
Properties:
-Fully tiled.
-Full POP
-Water runny.
All these for just #210,000
Call or Whatsapp(for inspection) : 08103103377

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shekau; "Nobody Can Arrest Me, I’m Doing God’s Work," Mocks Nigerian Soldiers / Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu Wins Polling Unit / More Troubles For Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.