Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! (8136 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Gcool2(m): 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Gcool2(m): 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Canadanow:
Sorry i was really busy getting myself together after spending over 1M in dubai in a month and coming back with nothing to nothing!!!
It wasnt more than a month but it was more than 5 years in my eye...

If i start to talk about wetin my eye don see, you no go believe. Me no too suffer that much ooo but i go still tell una from other people’s point of view.

My brothers and sisters, our people dey suffer for dubai!!! Our people dey suffer sotey...dem dey go pack wey people no chop finish for that boat cruise!!!

Oya, back to the topic, i would start with the day i left naija!!! Please if you wanna ask me anything, always quote me!!!
And if any agent comes here to say because it didnt work for me, that doesnt mean e no go work for anyone else, i go curse him/her...

God bless u
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by samuel19222(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
op come continue o
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by asunmoGGMU(m): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
Canadanow:
It all happened when i sat down at home one day and was reading through autojosh’s or someone else’s thread about how beautiful dubai is...then i started my research...
Some people advised not to come while some agents started convincing everyone to try it out...
But that was none if my business because i have someone that could help with the visa processing and all...i was having only 700k in my business account ooo...after a failed transport business...
Had the visa done in 2 days for just 160k, but i swear down, i no happy for my mind ooooo, na so we be for our house, if something no go work out, our mind go dey tell us not to do it. But because my mama no like the way i dey sidon for house dey do nothing, she had to push me to pay for the ticket...

i wont be telling you the real date i left Naija because some people go sabi sey na me and na lowkey me dey ooo....
I was supposed to book my ticket Nov 15th but person go spend my money for my business account, na xo i left Dec 13th ooo, few days to xmas. First time I would be away from home. My passport na virgin passport!!!
If you see wetin my eye see for naija airport!!! I gave out over 7k as per bribe...I had to check-in laptop because of the immigration wahala...
Mind you, i didnt attestate any result because i heard dem dey do am for dubai/abu dhabi and i packed all my clothes and shoes and had the plan of never coming back to naija in the next 2 years...
I don put my car ontop market sef sey make dem sell am, send the money to me in dubai...thank God dem no see am sell but the person i give am to don use am tire because he thought i was never coming back!!! I just realised why he said he no see am sell!!!
Na xo i enter emirates airline ooo...as a first time traveller, dem give us food menu, i begin dey see names i no understand, i dey reason sey na me go pick wetin i go chop but i dey shy to talk!!! Na xo i sit for window seat dey use style take pictures to send to my friends and family, na dem cast me to other people sey i don go obodo-oyinbo ooo...me wey no like make people sabi where i dey!!!
As a bush yoruba boy wey i be, and as i get craze for head reach, i no do gra-gra inside plane ooo...i just dey quiet dey watch movie for the screen wey dey infront of me!!! Emirates airline na better airline sha!!!
As dem give us appetizers for inside plane, i just dey look am like rubbish!!! Wetin be this? I sha manage am ooo...my 269k for return ticket no go waste like that ooo, na xo dem carry jollof rice with some useless things come, it was funny, before i go chop anything, i go watch the small guy beside me wey dey with his mum how to eat it ooo, make i no go Bleep up!!!

Make i move my story fast...na xo we land for dubai oooo...terminal 3. I was so happy mehn!!! Con see how dem use bus carry us from the aircraft to the terminal where our passport was stamped!!! Me sef wear footwear, put on denim like a big-boy wey bring $1500 come dubai to look for a better life!!!
I never told you we were two but my friend was coming 2 days after i got to dubai so i had to wait for him in a hotel i booked online.

The girl that came to pick me was his sister...na xo i exchanged just $500 and was asking if i should exchange everything oooo...

We entered taxi and the Pakistan guy no sabi use google map, we sha spent 56dirhams on a 15mins trip from the airport!!! Thats 5600naira
I dey speak English, this people no understand me...until this girl started speaking English like she dey sing...imagine something like...(my friend, how much coming?) grin grin grin
You wan know price, you dey ask how much coming...who is coming?
Got to the hotel or shey na hostel, 200dhs per night for two people. For people wey no sabi the exchange rate, that 20k naira per night. 1dirham is 100naira!!!
I just had to book that because my friend would be coming and the hotel could get filled up!!! All na scam!!! wink wink cheesy
Me wey no dey chat on WhatsApp started telling everyone how our government bleeped up, they should come see how dubai is...but that part where i dey looked like lekki!!! Thats funny, i know!!! Na xo my suffering start, the girl don comot and i had to give her 50dhs for cab coz metro was done for the day. I didnt even know the exchange rate, i just told her to take... even if she asked for 100dhs, i go give her easily!!!
Na 2am and she no fit sleep with me!!! You arent allowed to sleep in the hotel with someone wey no be your wife!!!

Imagine, person wey be like a blood sister to me!!!
Wetin i go chop like this, i no sabi anywhere ooo...luckily Lulu mall dey around, i went shopping, coke wey i dey buy for 150 naira in naija na 475naira in dubai. Chaiii...dubai coke is better niyen!!!
I just saw one KFC restaurant and went in to buy rice and chicken, i no sabi sey KFC na international nah... i dey reason dem go get our friend and jollof rice, silly me... cheesy grin grin grin
Took the food to the hotel and it was a mess, na only the chicken i was able to eat, the rice dey taste like coconut...na die i dey ooo...

To be continued once my mood changes...coz i no get myself!!! Me wey dey fight depression before con put myself for such bullsh**t!!!
After selling my gold after i got back, planning on selling another one soon just to settle my bills but i won’t lie to you guys, i have peace of mind oooo...more than anything!!! I no miss UAE at all!!!
You all will know why soon...no vex sey i no fit write everything at once ooo...

I went to Dubai on December 13th too, bro. However, it was an official trip. I took Egypt Air.
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by queengift(f): 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
OP sorry for the sad experience
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Professorcplus(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
Let me learn from the bosses...following
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Amaso99(m): 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
This op yeye o
Keeping everybody on suspense

1 Like

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Papanwamaikpe: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nawa oh! Nothing Ekaete no go see for Oga room grin
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Canadanow: 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
asunmoGGMU:

I went to Dubai on December 13th too, bro. However, it was an official trip. I took Egypt Air.
Dubai is a perfect place for vacation bro but not a perfect place if you wanna work.
Hope you had fun in your trip?
Unless you are part of the 1% that are lucky to get a good paying job without UAE experience.
I will always advice young guys like me to do resident permit and move to some other countries instead with the resident permit. Countries wey be visa on arrival. And even with the 2-years resident permit, you have a good chance of getting a good job in dubai!!! Not with the 3 months visa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Canadanow: 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
queengift:
OP sorry for the sad experience

Thanks oooo but you never hear anything!!! Lmao...it was a funny experience. Will drop the full gist soon!!!
Make everybody dey shine their eyes ooo
Money no easy to get, so make people no waste am, thats why am doing this...

8 Likes

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Canadanow: 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Nawa oh! Nothing Ekaete no go see for Oga room grin

grin grin No be only Ekaette sef, even me sef see plenty things for Oga’s room...na for oga’s wife... grin grin
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Mizwisdom(f): 6:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
grin grin For once, the truth is being told

3 Likes

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by asunmoGGMU(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
Canadanow:

Dubai is a perfect place for vacation bro but not a perfect place if you wanna work.
Unless you are part of the 1% that are lucky to get a good paying job without UAE experience.
I will always advice young guys like me to do resident permit and move to some other countries instead with the resident permit. Countries wey be visa on arrival. And even with the 2-years resident permit, you have a good chance of getting a good job in dubai!!! Not with the 3 months visa.

I had fun bro. I did apply for jobs but couldn't get any interview invite cos I have no UAE experience. I observed they've this racial stratification when it comes to job. My profession sells well there tho. I've a friend working there at the moment. Also, I agree with you. Dubai is a big risk with 3 months visit visa.

1 Like

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by SaintHilary(m): 8:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
Make ena clear Road. DUBAI OR NOTHING comrades won land. OP take cover now o

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by leonard002(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
Uncle we're waiting for continuation
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by spartacus11(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
Canadanow:

Thanks oooo but you never hear anything!!! Lmao...it was a funny experience. Will drop the full gist soon!!!
Make everybody dey shine their eyes ooo
Money no easy to get, so make people no waste am, thats why am doing this...

We dey wait Bro
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by DexterousOne(m): 1:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Canadanow:

Exactly so

If my Canada parole run out of prospects

I will go get the 2 year UAE residency

No time
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by drmikeadams(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
Where this guy man nah

1 Like

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Skykid1208(m): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
horlahsunbo225:
Make i park my keke for here

Gimme one grin grin
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Kason68(m): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
OP continue
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Soleye24(m): 6:51am On Feb 02, 2020
K
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Rupect: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
Inside life

Many lessons to learn..
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by error4040: 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
shocked Make I come learn One or Two from this Man, OKada Drop me Here!!!.
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Gcool2(m): 2:15am On Feb 03, 2020
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Gcool2(m): 2:16am On Feb 03, 2020
error4040:
shocked Make I come learn One or Two from this Man, OKada Drop me Here!!!.
Take #50 join ur okada money n better drop at the next street,baba no gree post again since o....E be like say him ink don dry...
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by manucho: 3:34am On Feb 03, 2020
How much is the Dubai permanent residence permit bro. How long will it take to get a good job there with this residence permit and without UAE �� job experience? What's the least pay one can get with a residence permit in Dubai? If someone wants to rent let's say a studio or room self con there like how much? How long will it take one to port enter another country with Dubai residence permit? One agent said make I bring 2milli for am does it worth it? Say the residence permit sure gannnnn for there pass all these visiting visa

Canadanow:

Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Nobody: 1:47am On May 04, 2020
Good
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by danfoxker(m): 4:38am On May 04, 2020
pstmikol1:

Hi sir, sorry for disturbing you sir, i really need your help please. The lockdown met me at school and my food is down now, i phone my parent but they said no money as a result of the stay at home.
Please sir, pity me and anything will be appreciated sir. 0064555369, union bank. Thanks so much.
Go home and help your ppl...
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by zagorakis(m): 6:54am On May 04, 2020
Make i park here Jare
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 04, 2020
Hmm
Re: My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! by Adex2442: 1:35pm On May 05, 2020
Bro pls comma finish this write up before we fight

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Miss Nigeria Because / Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria / Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.