Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami (58515 Views)

G5: Ikpeazu Denies Backing Tinubu, Faults Kalu (Video) / IPOB: Northern Group Faults South-east Leaders, Says They’re Deceptive / Tinubu Faults Moves To Oust Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by lizdammy: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
He was forced to speak up. Now see what he has done. IMHO, he shouldn't have spoken at all. Period.
Anyways, I stand with Amotekun.

If you are for AMOTEKUN, hit the like button, else jump and pass cheesy
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
SweetLove0:
Shame on Tinubu. Two mouthed fellow

The Man is very silly.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by somehow: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2020
The man is a wise man.

There is no regional law
no regional parliament
No regional constitutional power
So making Amotekun a regional security apparatus will fail once it's tested with the constitution.

But there are state laws
there are state parliaments
There are state constitutional powers that are legal.

Even in America, each state has its own local police, this is the closest to local police in Nigeria if done on a state level backed by state laws.

Let each state set theirs up backed by law, then share intelligence with each other periodically, once the parliaments pass Amotekun into law in various southwestern states, no governor can scrap them nor renege from using them but in a regional system, you only need to have 1 or 2 traitors in the region and Amotekun will fall flat.

Make the youth of this country dey think and stop being too sentimental and emotional!

hollowpot15684:

This is still the Tinubu of Nadeco, straight to the point and never taking sides because of considerably flaws in human nature.

A good leader don't blindly take sides, they address what's wrong and approve what's right. In the statement, Tinubu proposed a better system for the operation Amotekun, he said instead of regional control, it should be state control.

As a politician and a Political leader, you should expect him to be an internal operator rather than a public one. There is still an iota of posibility that he was fully aware of Amotekun before the launching, but only playing the game of politics with the north on this matter, a person who has a presidential ambition is expected to be like that.

Nonetheless, your expectations of him to take sides in support of Amotekun is presumably ethnical in nature and needs to be checked.

As far as I'm concerned, the approach he took is the best a wise leader should take.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by akigbemaru: 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Tinubu puts the G in greedy

He is very self centred despite riding on the idea of the leader of the Yoruba people to political prominence in Nigeria, he has now turned against the very idea he claims to represent for a fake promise.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by delawal: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
I don't seem to understand..
Is Asiwaju Talking with both sides of His mouth?
It's Highly dangerous to be in the Middle..
a typical yorubaman . cowardly sitting on a fence
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 12:27am On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:
The man is a wise man.

There is no regional law
no regional parliament
So making Amotekun a regional security apparatus will fail once it's tested with the constitution.

But there are state laws

Even in America, each state has its own local police, this is the closest to local police in Nigeria if done on a state level backed by state laws.

Let each state set theirs up backed by law, then share intelligence with each other periodically, once the parliaments pass Amotekun into law in various southwestern states, no governor can scrap them nor renege from using them but in a regional system, you only need to have 1 or 2 traitors in the region and Amotekun will fall flat.

Make the youth of this country dey think and stop being too sentimental and emotional!

That is the case BAT is describing in the statement.

The level of sentiment I see in this youth is just too disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Sniper101(m): 1:52am On Jan 23, 2020
Bubu & The Cabals has finally permitted this one to say a little something about this matter grin
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by AreaFada2: 1:54am On Jan 23, 2020
seborrhic:
In other words Tinubu the god of yorubas has spoken.
It's left to see if the masses and general acceptance of Amotekun in Yorubaland will now fade because he says no to Amotekun.
Reminds me of how many lagosians were hailing Ambode's performance.Soon as Tinubu started sending feelers he wasn't in support of his re-election,like camelons they all lily liverely changed tunes and color to dance to the new music of their demi-god.
Shameful.

Amotekun has already failed. The governors will soon backslide. Doublespeak and changing like chameleon is nothing new in SW politics. If they can promise Fayemi a good position in 2023 and pacify Akerodulu, it's finished.

Tinubu is telling them if at all, it should be done state by state like the FULANI MASTERS said. He will convince the governors that given the "peculiarities" of Nigeria, state by state would be a good compromise. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

That ways states cannot pull resources and manpower together to create a strong security Network. Soon it will be dead in Osun & Ekiti. Due to lack of funds.

We know enough about selfish Southern politicians by now.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by bellotaofeek: 3:05am On Jan 23, 2020
We go fail u soon. Relax cool
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by davisma: 3:23am On Jan 23, 2020
benji93:
He probably New about the initiative from the very beginning. That's probably another move to put himself in a more politically advantageous position against 2023. He's probably telling the North, you see what I can do.

A wise and ambitious politician method of getting a coveted position. Wise move.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:
The man is a wise man.

There is no regional law
no regional parliament

But there are state laws

All you are saying about region and constitution are irrelevant here because if each receives approval from State Parliament which will be 100% done. The States command can have joint operations under South West people ( Yoruba) coalition or association.

No constitution can stop or break the unity of the Yoruba people. Ask yourself this question; if such outfit had been formed in the North will the South have opposed it? You mentioned US, if I want to teach you about Federalism being practiced in the US, we will not leave here.

Yorubas will never forget Amotekun. We can only go back to the drawing board and map out strategy.

The North is aware that the South East and South South are fed up with Nigeria. Only South West manages to tolerate the unity of North and South thereby making Nigeria still in existence. Out of Nigeria, there is no difference between the North and their brothers from Niger, Chad, Sudan & Somalia.

The problem of the North is that the formation of Amotekun will lead to the establishment of such outfit in South East and South South. Retired soldiers and militants would be recruited. The South will use this apparatus of self defence against terrorism to fight the slavery the South has been subjected by the British with the amalgamation of North and South.

The Yorubas are never united. Internal collaborators formed alliance with the North for selfish political gain. Amotekun is a rallying point. It is a consciousness. It will consume internal collaborators. If such outfit had been formed in the North will the South have said anything?

The South is entirely in support of Amotekun, the North is against it, then it is illegal. So, the North is Federal Government that is why you find them at NPA, Customs, NNPC milking the labour of the South. That is why they are afraid of the end of Nigeria.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by somehow: 5:22am On Jan 23, 2020
babaolofin:

All you are saying about region and constitution are irrelevant here because if each receives approval from State Parliament which will be 100% done. The States command can have joint operations under South West people ( Yoruba) coalition or association.

No constitution can stop or break the unity of the Yoruba people. Ask yourself this question; if such outfit had been formed in the North will the South have opposed it? You mentioned US, if I want to teach you about Federalism being practiced in the US, we will not leave here.

Yorubas will never forget Amotekun. We can only go back to the drawing board and map out strategy.

The North is aware that the South East and South South are fed up with Nigeria. Only South West manages to tolerate the unity of North and South thereby making Nigeria still in existence. Out of Nigeria, there is no difference between the North and their brothers from Niger, Chad, Sudan & Somalia.

The problem of the North is that the formation of Amotekun will lead to the establishment of such outfit in South East and South South. Retired soldiers and militants would be recruited. The South will use this apparatus of self defence against terrorism to fight the slavery the South has been subjected by the British with the amalgamation of North and South.

The Yorubas are never united. Internal collaborators formed alliance with the North for selfish political gain. Amotekun is a rallying point. It is a consciousness. It will consume internal collaborators. If such outfit had been formed in the North will the South have said anything?

The South is entirely in support of Amotekun, the North is against it, then it is illegal. So, the North is Federal Government that is why you find them at NPA, Customs, NNPC milking the labour of the South. That is why they are afraid of the end of Nigeria.

Laws don't exist in a vacuum, so pray tell, do you have a constitution that backs regional "police "?.

Educated people are telling you its unconstitutional, you are using sentiments

I have told you the best option

Another option is to lobby the legislatures into creating regional laws into the constitution that will enable Amotekun to exist regionally.

Last last, you will be here to see the turn of events.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by somehow: 5:26am On Jan 23, 2020
hollowpot15684:

That is the case BAT is describing in the statement.

The level of sentiment I see in this youth is just too disgusting.

And instead of them to talk logically, you see them painting unrealistic scenarios and basing their arguments on them.

Really pathetic!
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by psalmylee(m): 5:42am On Jan 23, 2020
A typical Yoruba man,always speaking with both sides of his mouth...I feel sorry for his people though..
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:

Laws don't exist in a vacuum, so pray tell, do you have a constitution that backs regional "police "?.

Educated people are telling you its unconstitutional, you are using sentiments

I have told you the best option

Another option is to lobby the legislatures into creating regional laws into the constitution that will enable Amotekun to exist regionally.

Last last, you will be here to see the turn of events.

Prof Soyinka. Akeredolu, Falana and Ozekome are not educated, you and Malami and the Hausas/Fulani's are the educated people. Are you not making fool of yourself? Is Hisbah in the Constitution? When communities are chased away and people murdered what did the constitution do? When they drove away people from their land and hoisted flag on community land, what did the constitution do? The constitution is only made to protect the North and enslave the South? Amotekun is a consciousness.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by somehow: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2020
babaolofin:

Prof Soyinka. Akeredolu, Falana and Ozekome are not educated, you and Malami and the Hausas/Fulani's are the educated people. Are you not making fool of yourself? Is Hisbah in the Constitution? When communities are chased away and people murdered what did the constitution do? When they drove away people from their land and hoisted flag on community land, what did the constitution do? The constitution is only made to protect the North and enslave the South? Amotekun is a consciousness.

So why then is it an issue if the constitution have no say?

people are playing on your emotion and you are falling for it.

I am discussing from the angle of legality, not sentiments.

Btw, the constitution was created by Nigerians, not northerners

The legislatures are from all over the country making laws and changing it, so its not a northern constitution except you believe those representing us in the National assembly from the south are useless and fools, I don't see the need of saying the constitution favors the north.

if you think its legal, kindly back it up with constitutional references. until then, our discourse won't have a headway.

And let's keep it civil in the process.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by eldeens: 6:47am On Jan 23, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

What you put up there can easily be taken out of context if one does not have the full facts of what he actually said.

The punch newspaper have been misleading people right from day one, this is so bad

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by eldeens: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2020
If Amotekun failed tomorrow (God forbid) but eventually it does you all will remember that you have been advised,

Its easy to Kickstart but sustainability is the major task, starting from the

leadership: who will head Amotekun, each state will want to be the head, and once you have a bad head at the start up that's the downfall of Amotekun.

Recruitment: some states will be marginalized

Police and other agency: there will never be a synergy between the two, go and ask Civil Defense Corps, the later is still finding it difficult then who is Amotekun,

State Governors and Financing: out current state governors that they so wicked, to pay salaries and pensions become the hardest thing to do, funding Amotekun will be a problem to some state, with time some states will begin to pull out, and this will crash the program, curbing security and maintaining it gulp alot of funds, and southwest governors should not even think they will get a bailout from FG, this will cause uproar from the other region. Southwest governors will have to go sourcing for extra fund to support Amotekun.

Corruption: when the leadership is full with hungry lions then the downfall of Amotekun is certain. This will radiate down to the lowest officer.

My take:
Let the Amotekun be controlled at the grassroots, that's by state just as Tinubu and IBB spelt out or else Amotekun is dead before arrival, that's the honest truth take it or leave it.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Askay: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2020
What I undertand here is, Tinubu has only pointed out the defects of the two parties in the formation of the SWSN and most importantly, stepped up to intermediate as he feels it is not already late. Not withstanding, politicians especially Nigerian's can be dubious, misleading and double-edge swords.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by shugabasbn: 7:15am On Jan 23, 2020
Sincerely speaking I also have the same view considering my experience with OPC vs Ijaw Vs Hausa when I was in Ajegunle. If this Amotekun is not well managed it can be another calamity waited.
And considering the fact that Tinubu was also the victim of OPC attach as a governor I really don't blame him
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Neddyogu(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2020
A man who says his mind all the time, cannot be a successful politician.
Know when to go out guns blazing and Know when not to. Pick ur battles with wisdom. Those expecting oga bullion van to expressly support this amukatun thing should know that oga bullion van was a politician first and will remain one after this whole debacle. What would he gain from offending the reigning powers?
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:

So why then is it an issue if the constitution have no say?

people are playing on your emotion and you are falling for it.

I am discussing from the angle of legality, not sentiments.

Btw, the constitution was created by Nigerians, not northerners

The legislatures are from all over the country making laws and changing it, so its not a northern constitution except you believe those representing us in the National assembly from the south are useless and fools, I don't see the need of saying the constitution favors the north.

if you think its legal, kindly back it up with constitutional references. until then, our discourse won't have a headway.

And let's keep it civil in the process.

I guessed you are working for one of the internal collaborators. Amotekun will consume all the internal collaborators when the time comes. You called Amotekun regional police. What makes it an acceptable model to all Southern States and illegality to the North? You talk about emotions and sentiment, if my people are killed and driven away from their farm land without any assistance from those empowered by the constitution, then I should not find solution.

I was at government house, Ibadan in year 2000 when Buhari led some Arewa elders with Fulani militia to read riot act to late governor Lam Adesina over the killing of Fulanis at a Saki community. The entire governor's office was under siege and duress that day. Was that not an emotion and sentiment? Can Obasanjo or Akinriade leads Yoruba leaders with OPC members to Kaduna governor's office to give warning to the governor over the killing of Yorubas? Things cannot continue forever this way. The entire South is united on Amotekun. There is no going back on prevention of terrorism and mass killings in South West and South in general. If what happened in Benue should happen in South West, all the internal collaborators will be consumed.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by somehow: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2020
babaolofin:

I guessed you are working for one of the internal collaborators. Amotekun will consume all the internal collaborators when the time comes. You called Amotekun regional police. What makes it an acceptable model to all Southern States and illegality to the North? You talk about emotions and sentiment, if my people are killed and driven away from their farm land without any assistance from those empowered by the constitution, then I should not find solution.

I was at government house, Ibadan in year 2000 when Buhari led some Arewa elders with Fulani militia to read riot act to late governor Lam Adesina over the killing of Fulanis at a Saki community. The entire governor's office was under siege and duress that day. Was that not an emotion and sentiment? Can Obasanjo or Akinriade leads Yoruba leaders with OPC members to Kaduna governor's office to give warning to the governor over the killing of Yorubas? Things cannot continue forever this way. The entire South is united on Amotekun. There is no going back on prevention of terrorism and mass killings in South West and South in general. If what happened in Benue should happen in South West, all the internal collaborators will be consumed.

ok

The opinion of those the governors respect has been heard and the governors have commended him and ready to work with his recommendations.

So have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Ustec: 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
hollowpot15684:

I like your reasoning on the fact that you recognize that its possible the governors consulted Tinubu before they took the step, its not possible for such thing to happen without his consent, all I see is wise politics been played here.

If it were to be Ipobians, they would have announced right from the first day of the meeting.

Checkmate grin
FG finally agrees to the formalization of amotekun,
Pure politics being played by the FG and the jagaban himself,
Just to douse the tension in southeast.
Ipobians will start reacting soon,
Just watch grin
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Dagrace01(m): 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
This is the voice u wanna hear since, now he has spoken, are u all satisfied?
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by BiafraforTrump: 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
deji17:

Omo Igbo criminal, you are just a rabble rouser. A nobody seeking attention. Amotekun will flush criminals like you out of our South west. Be very afraid

Junaid Muhammed says you are asking for war and they are equal to the task, that is what you should be afraid of yeribanza!!

I trust Fulani to men's your con heads to size when you do any yayaya..
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by BiafraforTrump: 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
deji17:

Story for the gods... You are a conquered people, so shut up when your masters are discussing..

Awolowo generation will never know bravery till the world ends!! tongue

Watch how you fools will run under your Agbada once Fulani steps further with more ruthless approach towards quenching operation Amotekun....

You are forever cowards, no wonder Ilorin is in the hands of minority Fulani tribe.. Conquered Yeribanza cowards..

***spits again***
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ustec:

Checkmate grin
FG finally agrees to the formalization of amotekun,
Pure politics being played by the FG and the jagaban himself,
Just to douse the tension in southeast.
Ipobians will start reacting soon,
Just watch grin

grin LoL.
I actually saw that coming, something kept telling me that this must be the game of Chess.

It's a Mini-Checkmate anyway, the major one will be played by 2023, Yorubas had mastered the Nigerian politics, we don't use threat, weapons or hate speech, we only use pure diplomacy and common sense.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Ustec: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
hollowpot15684:

grin LoL.
I actually saw that coming, something kept telling me that this must be the game of Chess.

It's a Mini-Checkmate anyway, the major one will be played by 2023, Yorubas had mastered the Nigerian politics, we don't use threat, weapons or hate speech, we only use pure diplomacy and common sense.
You're right,
The constitution will surely be amended or restructured by 2023(might even be part of the campaign strategies that APC will use to win the heart of the Easterners)
It will be operation restructure or no elections from the East.
Everybody don wise.!
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ustec:

You're right,
The constitution will surely be amended or restructured by 2023(might even be part of the campaign strategies that APC will use to win the heart of the Easterners)
Everybody don wise.!

This is the best time for my Eastern brothers to see the need to stay put and play the cards they have, they have a lot of cards to play with the Federal but to be sincere greed and dishonesty is a big issue over there.

If Amotekun were to be an initiative from East, it's first failure would have been internal issue caused by dispute among the pioneer on resources control
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ustec:

You're right,
Everybody don wise.!

This is the best time for my Eastern brothers to see the need to stay put and play the cards they have, they have a lot of cards to play with the Federal but to be sincere greed and dishonesty is a big issue over there.

If Amotekun were to be an initiative from East, it's first failure would have been internal issue caused by dispute among the pioneers on resources control.

It is high time SE and SS brothers see that their enemies are within and internal harmony is non-negotiable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Burnt Ariaria Police Station By Ipob Youths / Ganduje Stamped His Feet On Kwankwaso's Poster At A Function (Photo) / Oshiomhole Intervenes As Tinubu Throws Hands In Air At Rivers Rally (Video/Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.