Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? (1344 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? / Can You Continue A Relationship If You Find Out Your Partner Was Once MAD / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Topccy007z: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
Please let's know your opinion or view on this question.

By chance you discovered that a certain person you are interested in spending the rest of your life with was once insane and probably got cured of the insanity. Will you still go ahead with the marriage?
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by 125diCalcitriol: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
If u truly love d person, go ahead and marry her. Cheers!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by thorpido(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2020
You can marry her Op,if you so much love her.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Abfinest007(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
are u asking for advice or u are asking me bcus i don see how ur problem relate to me
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by olabrinks(f): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2020
Do you know how many people are insane and they are yet to be diagnosed? Thank your God that her own is cured before you marry a woman that will stab you in the middle of the night.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Yustash001(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
Yes if it's certain she has been healed....
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by UjuJoan2: 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ndi Igbo si na agwo cha godu onye ara, adighi agwota ya ntamu.

Topccy007z:

By chance you discovered that a certain person you are interested in spending the rest of your life with was once insane and probably got cured of the insanity. Will you still go ahead with the marriage?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Topccy007z: 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
Yustash001:
Yes if it's certain she has been healed....
How can one ascertain the fellow's sanity?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by donstan18: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
If you can marry someone who stays and copes in Lagos, then you can comfortably marry a mad person without stress.

11 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Topccy007z: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
If you can marry some who stays and copes in Lagos, then you can comfortably marry a mad person without stress.
You actually mean an average Lagosian is mad?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Bola146(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
Yes grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Topccy007z: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
Bola146:
Yes grin
Ha! Oga o
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Purelady(f): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
If you're really in love with her why not!! Dear op bear in mind that we might wake up one day with Nairalanders typing RIP beneath your name. Not all love affairs ends up in marriage o.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by crackkhaus: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
Topccy007z:

To be honest, I don't think I will continue.

The type of madness you're talking about here is real insanity, not just bi-polar disorder, depression sickness, or some psychological disorder which simple therapy can fix.
You're referring to actual insanity, the type that gets people locked up in psychiatric hospitals.

I really don't think I will go ahead and I won't advise anyone to.
Insanity is genetic, I'm going to save my kids the pain of having to inherit it.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by bukatyne(f): 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
olabrinks:
Do you know how many people are insane and they are yet to be diagnosed? Thank your God that her own is cured before you marry a woman that will stab you in the middle of the night.

Hahahahahahaha

Chimo!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Davoneskay(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
crackkhaus:

To be honest, I don't think I will continue.

The type of madness you're talking about here is real insanity, not just bi-polar disorder, depression sickness, or some psychological disorder which simple therapy can fix.
You're referring to actual insanity, the type that gets people locked up in psychiatric hospitals.

I really don't think I will go ahead and I won't advise anyone to.
Insanity is genetic, I'm going to save my kids the pain of having to inherit it.

What about hard drug related insanity? What if he/she has quitted hard drug and as well been through medical therapy to correct the insanity? Will u still be interested?
Mind you, not every insanity is caused by genetic make-up. Hard drugs are more rampant.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by crackkhaus: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
Davoneskay:

What about hard drug related insanity? What if he/she has quitted hard drug and as well been through medical therapy to correct the insanity? Will u still be interested?
Mind you, not every insanity is caused by genetic make-up. Hard drugs are more rampant.
And I thought it was the one caused by spiritual wickedness that is more rampant. grin

Well yes I will be interested because insanity caused by hard drugs are more appropriately grouped as drug-induced mental disorders, not schizophrenia which is an actual sickness.

For an insane person to need a cure, it means they were on level 100, definitely more than just a disorder.
Therapy for disorders are more of rehabilitation, not cures, as there is no sickness to be cured in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
Topccy007z:

You mean can I marry someone who frequently Drives on Lagos Roads?

Sure I can, Why not.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Uyi168: 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
125diCalcitriol:
If u truly love d person, go ahead and marry her.
Cheers!
Love na scam bro..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Richy4(m): 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
UjuJoan2:
Ndi Igbo si na agwo cha godu onye ara, adighi agwota ya ntamu.

smiley You are reminding me of Nollywood of the late '90s.. Those that plays the part of elders says things like this alot

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by KevinDein: 8:08pm On Jan 22, 2020
I'm of the opinion that people never fully recover from psychological/psychiatric disorders like depression, anxiety, schizophrenia etc. They can go into remission after therapy but there's always that chance that they can have spells of "madness" when triggered.

Just know what you getting yourself into.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by fekani: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
:Dwhat is wrong with marrying a lagosian? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by Lamanii22(f): 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
If you can marry some who stays and copes in Lagos, then you can comfortably marry a mad person without stress.

Loool so trueee....
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by yeancahwunmi(f): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
Only if I'm a psychiatrist but unfortunately I'm not and I'm married.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Once Mad? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2020
Where did love go?

(1) (Reply)

. / Please Don't Get Married If You Both Are AS, I'm In Pain – Lady Cries Out(Video) / Am dying slowly in silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.