Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,794 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? (14354 Views)

Reno Omokri: 'Arranged Marriages Have The Least Divorce. Avoid Premarital Sex' / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by IamKizzbrown10(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
Approximately 95%of marriages in India are arranged, with the divorce rate at 1%. I come from a big family, with 25 first cousins
and many more second and third cousins.

Out of these 28, 24 are now married and 2 are engaged. All arranged marriages, with no divorce to date.

I am the black sheep of the family, with the first love marriage in the history of my family. I believe that I am the custodian of my own
happiness. I believe that God gave me free will.

So, I cannot marry someone my parents choose for me because even if they trained me from birth, they have limited knowledge of what
gives me fulfillment, especially in the area of choosing a life partner.

What are your thoughts about these

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Puss360(f): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Lols... wahala.. abeg no... If problem comes up tomorrow, who will I blame??
It doesn't really makes sense to me at least...
I know people do it but I can't seem to wrap my head around it he idea that the man my family arranged for me will be my taste...
Since I'll be the one living with him, then I get to decide who and how I want him to be....
That's why there is dating(courtship)...

19 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Exmilitant(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Arrangee marriage works best, but in these days of self-love and self-importance, most youth would frown against that.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by malcom1X: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
Puss360:
Lols... wahala.. abeg no... If problem comes up tomorrow, who will I blame??

You don hear indian people divorce before? All their movies on zee world is centred towards marriage. In fact you don't need pressure to find a partner anymore because you know say that part has been settled by Experienced people.

Those people who help you choose will also give you their support before and after the marriage because they agree.

Note that arranged marriage is not like a blind date. You guys must have met prior to it.

Lastly the girl go be virgin 😆

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by ebenezary(m): 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
That's how our fore fathers did in the old days

38 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Old fashion..But some families still rock it till tomorrow.............

But personally I can't.....Cuz even the ones wey we even use our own eyes take see dey misbehave like witches,talk more of the one wey family come arrange for me.....

Devil wey I know dey far better than angel wey I no know..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Could give it a shot who knows. Sha I can always divorce her if things go tits up ba?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Kipaji: 1:02am On Aug 14, 2023
Yes, I can. I won't be against my family finding a young virgin raised to be a loyal housewife and who is highly attracted to me.
The one and only issue I have with arranged marriage is that the woman may not be very attracted to me. She can have a great behavior, be a virgin, but fancy guys who are not like me. That is, I may not be her type. And that can lead to problems you wouldn't have with a woman that is sexually attracted to you.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Rokiat(f): 2:11am On Aug 14, 2023
If the person is financially stable a good provider protector and have some qualities I value why not?

Marrying solely based on love is one of the stupidest thing you can do that is why divorce rate in the west is so high.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by ThinkSmarter: 5:11am On Aug 14, 2023
Why arrange marriage/due diligence works is that most ladies chosen by the elder member of the family involved are usually the most well behaved.
And it happens most in a conservative society with little western influence.

11 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by fourboys: 5:54am On Aug 14, 2023
Yes... Most times those family people are older and far more experienced, and before dey recommend any girl/boy for u, they must have monitored him/her for years.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Zigzagman: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2023
Why not?

this is the best advice I've seen on the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3MCsqxBvA

everyday people. grounded in reality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by pansophist(m): 9:19am On Aug 14, 2023
I can.

If my family arrange a woman for me, I consider it the same as a dating site matching me with a woman, or my neighbour Introducing me to his sister who lives in Turkmenistan.

Where the problem lies, is when I now said I don't want her, and they want me force her down my throat, then I won't accept it. So matching is not the issue here.

The main issue is my personal autonomy to accept and not accept a bride. I reserve the right to reject, eject, and deject any babe after a match.

31 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
I remember a while back a relative of mine came to my family and said his ancestors directed him to come and get a wife there... grin grin grin

So far we're four girls and two are already married... So it was either me or my other sister who's unmarried.... We both refused and said we wanted nothing to do with it... He said the marriage was arranged by the ancestors.. grin grin grin

He didn't want to give up easily and he kept trying to get my sister's attention for about two years, but she wouldn't give in... He then tried coming my way, but I immediately shut him out.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by FalseProphet1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
As a prophet, I have match maked thousands of happily married couples today. It's the best kind of marriage.

This I have seen.

10 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Streetmovement(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Use your own hands to pick your poison, cuz I don't want to hear complain tomorrow about how he or she was picked for you and now you can't breath

I don't like arranged marriage for anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Klington: 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Fiscus105(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Either arrangee or self search, the partners still need to sit down and talk, date for few months before finally seal it officially.

Two people that plan to co-habitate and leave together for the rest of their life need to understand themselves very well and if they can cope with each other strength and weaknesses.

9 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Chibuzoc(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
cool hmm
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by BoboNogoDie: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
ABSOLUTELY!

ONLY IF SHE TICKS ALL THE FOLLOWING:

1) She must be beautiful and presentable.

Very important

2) She must be a virgin.
This is the most important. I MUST KNOW YOUR BODYCOUNT! If you're not a virgin, then there's absolutely nothing you'd tell me about your sexual past that I'll believe. TOTŌ NO GET METER ...
Having multiple ex and bodycount have the effect of making girls DAMAGED AND BROKEN, there by turning them into very selfish and wicked DEMONS.
THE TENDENCY OF THEM BEING A CHEAT IS ALSO VERY HIGH IF THEY HAVE HIGH BODYCOUNT (+2) ALREADY...

The sexual history of a girls tells a lot about her personality.
A girl brought up by responsible parents can never be a SLÚT or whórë.
Someone with high-good level of moral can not just be spreading legs for whoever comes her way.
Virginity is the greatest and the most valuable gift a girl can give to any man.
You can give multiple men your love, children, marriage etc, but you can only give one man your virginity.
If you don't think such gift is worth keeping for someone very special and someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, then I can never consider you as someone with good morals and someone that have sense.

3) She must not be an illiterate. Meaning that she has to have some level of education and must have SENSE!

4) She must come from a good home and family.
I can not be married to someone who has psychopaths in her family. This will require to do good digging and enquiries about her family.

5) She must be willing and comfortable with marrying me.

6) SHE MUST BE READY TO BE SUBMISSIVE, COOPERATIVE AND AGREEABLE.

7) SHE MUST BE GOD-FEARING AND QUITE RELIGIOUS.

THAT'S ALL.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by BoboNogoDie: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
angry
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by SalamRushdie: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
I am a sapiosexual , I can't get a sexual connection with any lady until we connect at some intelligent level

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Dollarise11: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by brutustech: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
No
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by Authoreety: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
To
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by kennyz247(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
for fucking sake,no wahala,but for marriage mbanuoo(not possible)in this computer dispensation..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? by maxiuc(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Yes that's if I love her enough

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Trust Your Best Friend? / How Do You Know If A Woman Is A Witch....? / Lesbian Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.