Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu (34089 Views)

Wike To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Loss At PDP Primaries / Governors Back SARS Ban / APC Crisis: 13 Governors Back NWC, 7 Oppose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 23, 2020
Just tell us you are Fulani. Fulsni don't do party. They always vote for those who will protect their devilish interest
AtikuNetwork:
I am not Yoruba and I will vote Atiku before I vote Tinubu. But if Atiku is not on the ticket I will vote Tinubu ahead of any other person. Why? Because he is wise, tactical, strategic, and detribalized. Nigeria does not need an ethnic jingoistic as president. If Atiku was an ethnic jingoistic like Buhari he won't have the kind of support he has all over. If you don't vote for Tinubu if he runs for president, there are millions of Yorubas and other detribized Nigerians that will vote for him.

All of you calling for blood and war with your inciting rhetoric need to check yourselves. You are enemies of Nigeria. Are you ready to fight a war over Amotekun? Regardless, all wars will still end up at the negotiating table after countless lives have been lost unnecessarily. The man is calling for a peaceful resolution to the crisis of Amotekun. I don't support killer fulani herdsmen but if Nigeria must remain one then we must all learn to respect and accommodate each other. No ethnic jingoist can ever be allowed to rule Nigeria, and Tinubu has proved with his press release that he wants peace for all Nigerians while standing with his people.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by dayleke: 6:54am On Jan 23, 2020
Time will tell.....

History shall judge him......
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by JeffreyD1(m): 6:54am On Jan 23, 2020
They may likely go their boss way
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 6:54am On Jan 23, 2020
Biafrarep:
Other Southerners should ignore these people. They are naturally cowardly and never reliable. Imagine those that were being supported have suddenly made a u-turn and are now supporting the same frog-eyed modern day afonja from Lagos.
SE and SS should totally ignore these guys, they have proven over and over again never to be trusted. Awolowo did same in 1967 and they will always repeat it any time, any day because that is how their live is.

Only small pressure and they have abandoned the same amotekun they have been shouting for, and are now following Tinubu that wouldn't mind to sell all of them to the Fulani just for them to make him president.

Very unserious and cowardly people!

In Nigeria, the Fulani herdsmen are killing people in their farms unprovoked and all tribes are clamoring for solution.

The Igbos governors are all online shouting without solution while the Fulanis slaughtered their farmers.

The Yoruba governors rose up and formed a security network called Amotekun to curb the menace of the killer herdsmen.

Who are the cowards? The ones that took a step in curbing the meance or the people shouting online like rabid dogs without solution?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by banhammy: 6:55am On Jan 23, 2020
Tinubu is an intelligent man

9 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by AtikuNetwork: 6:55am On Jan 23, 2020
Lostz:
Just tell us you are Fulani. Fulsni don't do party. They always vote for those who will protect their devilish interest

I am a Nigerian and a Northerner. Not all Fulani are devilish, same way not all Yorubas and igbos are bad. You should check your hatred and stop profiling people based on Ethnicity.

12 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ThiagoKid(m): 6:55am On Jan 23, 2020
Everyone is just confused
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by chiemmanuel(m): 6:56am On Jan 23, 2020
Clap for him
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by celeiyke: 6:57am On Jan 23, 2020
Must they comment? I thought he is d one backing them!
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by EteBabaagba222(m): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2020
Yoruba Ronu, o

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by somehow: 6:58am On Jan 23, 2020
Sane and objective people can all see the sense in what he said, not emotional and sentimental jargons we are being fed by the press.

Tweak it and make it stand the test of time.

Give it legal backing on state level until we have regional laws to protect it.

With this done, no governor or president can wake up one day to scrap it.

Hisbah in some northern states is backed by state laws which their state assemblies passed into law.

Let same be done in the west, infact Amotekun will come with an advantage, the use of firearms

hisbah in the northern states where they exist don't use guns.

6 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by dalass(f): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2020
Well spoken by a smart and experienced politician. Not all these chemical reaction people grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by AtikuNetwork: 7:00am On Jan 23, 2020
selemempe:
Can you tell us why Nigeria must remain one?

Who benefits from the oneness of Nigeria?

Look here selempempe. If Nigeria must break it has to do so without bloodshed. Tell all your southern senators and representatives at the national assembly to move motions at the assembly to bring it about. Since they are the representative of the people there. That is the way to go about it. Not by shouting ipob, OPC, and other nonsenses over social media. Ojukwu had the best chance to break Nigeria through war and we all saw the result. If Nigeria must break it should be done by consensus. But it looks like most southerners are truly not in support of breakup or else their representatives know what to do.

7 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 23, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

I am a Nigerian and a Northerner. Not all Fulani are devilish, same way not all Yorubas and igbo's are bad. You should check your hatred and stop profiling people based on Ethnicity.
I know you are a Fulani . stop beating around the bush. we expect you to support a pro north candidate.

stop using the I am not a Yoruba trash. just state where you are from
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2020
What of the implementation of sharia in over 10 Arewa states in a secular country like naija, is that one not a regional implementation?

If it is, then the regional implementation of Amotekun is justified
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by BreconHills(m): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2020
Citytrend:
Back a man whose position is neither here, or there? Are people really that Confused. Maybe they should visit his comments again to have an idea of what he said.

You can't be supporting the Security outfit and be supporting the Federal government decision same time.

The last time I checked it is called hypocrisy

It's called politics.

By making these statements he has taken the sail out of Malami's statement, informed the SW Governors of the fears of vested interests, given the Presidency an exit route while maintaining a non tribal nature. Read his statement careful - it's extremely well calibrated.

The best way of giving weight to words is to speak infrequently.

6 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by bewla(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2020
Citytrend:
Back a man whose position is neither here, or there? Are people really that Confused. Maybe they should visit his comments again to have an idea of what he said.

You can't be supporting the Security outfit and be supporting the Federal government decision same time.

That's Fenton
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by mamaafrik(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2020
Tinubu should be ashamed of himself,you will become a laughing stock of the North after you know you are going nowhere politically on the Presidential ladder.

Omo ale t'on foowo osi juwe ike baaba re
Ori olookun and the Yoruba deity will bring you down .

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by AtikuNetwork: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2020
Lostz:
I know you are a Fulani . stop beating around the bush. we expect you to support a pro north candidate.

stop using the I am not a Yoruba trash. just state where you are from

If I say I am Fulani, will you kill me because of that? Why are you so hateful of Fulanis? Igbos and Yoruba also commit crimes and even murder each other, but you people don't use that to condemn all yoruba and ibo. Atiku is a Fulani and he is loved by most Nigerians. Fulani are human beings like you stop the hate.

7 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by tobstarizhia(m): 7:06am On Jan 23, 2020
Here's what really happened behind the scenes. A meeting was definetely held in Tinubus residence with all the SW governors and The Leaders of Afenifere in attendance. He told them this:
:Amotekun is here to stay. but being a man who have lived longer than all of you, it would be foolish to champion a cause under an oppositional leadership. like the very Fulani's we are trying to keep off our lands. now put yourself in their shoes. Do you think they will readily agree to let us have the very weapon that can stop their islamisation agenda from happening? NO! The key words here are patience and tactics. we will play the sheep, even drop our clamour for Amotekun, restructuring, everything. But once we've ensured they've fed into our palms and we've gotten what we want, which is the 2023 presidential seat, the president, Me, will champion the cause of the Yoruba people again. not even the senate can stop it. we will remove that northerner CJN and place our man Falana. You know what that means, Amotekun is here to stay. So just have patience and play the fool for now. unlike the Igbos, we will get everything we want as usual."
The meeting ended with several drinks and money sharing. then all the governors and western leaders requested their press meetings.
They are in full support of The Jagaban.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by dalass(f): 7:06am On Jan 23, 2020
LegendHero:

In Nigeria, the Fulani herdsmen are killing people in their farms unprovoked and all tribes are clamoring for solution.

The Igbos governors are all online shouting without solution while the Fulanis slaughtered their farmers.

The Yoruba governors rose up and formed a security network called Amotekun to curb the menace of the killer herdsmen.

Who are the cowards? The ones that took a step in curbing the meance or the people shouting online like rabid dogs without solution?

Why bother replying the bitter fool. They only twist history as it was Azikiwe who sold out to make political alliance with the North ceding the Prime Minister position to them while he became a powerless President.. A whole Zik!

When it didn't favour them, their soldiers started the first coup. Igbo's can never be trusted and the seek power like drunk people... Leave them cause SW is light years ahead of them

Can their own SS or SE governors come together to form anything like Amotekun? Not so!

Children of hate, ride on..you will continue to reap all you're sowing. All your father's sowed, you're reaping now.

They will never learn!

8 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Cyoung4real(m): 7:06am On Jan 23, 2020
What if the AGF still say it's illegal after the dialogue, does that mean Amotekun is gone??

Don't go back to a level you've passed, you might fail this time around.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by tunderoc(m): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2020
Tinubu is a fool "AMOTEKUN" is a regional outfit his foolish call for it to be decentralized will distabilize the outfit and then his Fulani master's can easily note and tackle state government that takes it serious. Abi whatever happens to united we stand? The stupid frog eye drug addict believe he still calls the shots in Yoruba land. AMOTEKUN should remain as it's been structured as a regional security outfit and not some state shit as Tinubu is suggesting period
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by samsobo24(m): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2020
I need of a modern 2 bedroom flat around alimosho for rent

Contact 08064973779
Whatsapp 07089452700

Kitchen cabinet
Prepaid meter
Attached toilets
Floored compound
Tiled all round
Wardrobe
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Neoteny(m): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2020
Citytrend:

That's not hypocrisy, it's more like Sophie's Choice. Hypocrisy is taking a moral high ground when the reality is exactly opposite.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by money121(m): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2020
Alrtt
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Alexis11: 7:09am On Jan 23, 2020
Only those that have bad mind towards Amotekun in the first place will see too much faults in what Tinubu said. cool

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Realdeals(m): 7:11am On Jan 23, 2020
Amotekun is probably on it way to Oblivion.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

If I say I am Fulani, will you kill me because of that? Why are you so hateful of Fulanis? Igbos and Yoruba also commit crimes and even murder each other, but you people don't use that to condemn all yoruba and ibo. Atiku is a Fulani and he is loved by most Nigerians. Fulani are human beings like you stop the hate.
no other tribe in Nigeria are invading, killing, raping and maiming innocent Nigerians. a few good apples does not mean you guys are less evil. don't pretend to love the South
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Noerection: 7:12am On Jan 23, 2020
DTalented:

This one don use em remaining sense chop Agege bread.

What has this got to do with IPOB?

Your masters have already put an end to your Amotekun even before it started and all you could do is go about calling IPOB up and down the internet.
Shame on you.
I mean, shame on you.
are you the goat or the goat I mentioned is you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Bandits, Killer Herdsmen More Daring Under Buhari / Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home Every Monday - Governors, Police Kick / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.