Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu (34087 Views)

Wike To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Loss At PDP Primaries / Governors Back SARS Ban / APC Crisis: 13 Governors Back NWC, 7 Oppose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Montaque(m): 8:03am On Jan 23, 2020
WiLdFLame:
This same Old selfish Adebanjo and his bunch of selfish thieves Afenifere sold out Our then political light MKO Abiola and took money from Abacha...No true Cerebral Omoluabis supports them.

Only Mischief Makers like the Igbos/Online IGBOs would always see any opportunity as a means to attack Our Political Leader bunch of hypocrites!!

Tinubu is very smart and very Right on this
He has raised the point most intellectual Omoluabis fear. We don’t want our Amotekun hijacked and be a shadow of itself like the NPF. So let’s do proper structuring.

How you drag igbos into this issue is the strangest thing I have witnessed today

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ValCon888: 8:03am On Jan 23, 2020
Chiffy:

2 actually. Fulani and Hausa
The Hausa-Fulani is 1 ethnic group
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by lequama10: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2020
Citytrend:
shocked
Back a man whose position is neither here, or there? Are people really that Confused. Maybe they should visit his comments again to have an idea of what he said.

You can't be supporting the Security outfit and be supporting the Federal government decision same time.

The last time I checked it is called hypocrisy

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
[/b]
it takes intelligence to have a deep level of understanding, on this master stroke response to this hovering event. Try read what he wrote well without sentiments and if you not sure of your level of understanding maybe you don't read just listen.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ChoCho54(f): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2020
WiLdFLame:
This same Old selfish Adebanjo and his bunch of selfish thieves Afenifere sold out Our then political light MKO Abiola and took money from Abacha...No true Cerebral Omoluabis supports them.

Only Mischief Makers like the Igbos/Online IGBOs would always see any opportunity as a means to attack Our Political Leader bunch of hypocrites!!

He has raised the point most intellectual Omoluabis fear. We don’t want our Amotekun hijacked and be a shadow of itself like the NPF. So let’s do proper structuring.

but you worship Tinubu that begged Abacha to make him VP? cheesy
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ojuu4u(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2020
bakescos01:

The man Tinubu, is just being a greedy self centered man. He only care about his own political ambition. Why did it take him so long to voice out his opinion if he really cares about anybody. He can’t even send a condolence message to the CAN pastor that was murdered past 2 days. His he not in this same Lagos that Police has been harassing and killing innocent citizens? Did he say anything?

An elder is a person that will put his people first and care about every lives of his people. That man called Tinubu is really not a definition of Yoruba elder. You can call him a definition of Nigerian politician because that is the only thing he represent. I see the way some foolishly follow him and he keep enriching himself and giving them peanut to live a life of slave. I pray people get sense and start knowing that there lives lies on there own hand and not any Nigerian politician. Most have gone rogue and VERY selfish and GREEDY.

That is why I love Atiku, he always shows empathy towards Nigerians irrespective of regions he comes from, but for Tinubu. He always has fear factor from cabal .....I don't want to offend them attitude .

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ChoCho54(f): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2020
ojuu4u:

That was y I love atiku, he always shows empathy towards any Nigerians irrespective of region he comes from, but for Tinubu. He always has fear factor from cabal .....I don't want to offend them attitude .
This scenario is a perfect definition of Nigeria.

Atiku is the master who says and does what he likes without fear or favor. But Tinubu as a second class citizen in his own country must guard his utterance very well before speaking or ...

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by pelumi67(m): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2020
splendour7:
To copy this tune press 5.
To copy this political tune press 11
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Akanaz(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Trust me, all the governors might not be in support of the decision to back Tinubu's comment as regards the Amotekun issue, but this is very good for the yorubas. This will tell other tribes that the yorubas are one. I mean you don't just wash your dirty linen outside, do you? If they had issued a statement that contradicts that of Tinibu, there would definitely be speculations that there's is polarization among yoruba bigwigs and this is not good for the polity. This is purely a welcome political statement. We yorubas must come together as one if we are to achieve our dream come 2023. The Afenifere is one group in Yoruba land that urgently needs reorientation. Mind you, I'm an advocate of one Nigeria. My statement here might be referring to Yoruba as a tribe but that doesn't mean i don't believe in one Nigeria
God bless the southwest governors!
God bless PMB!!
God bless Nigeria!!!
One love!!!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ejimatic: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/amotekun-comment-south-west-govs-back-tinubu-afenifere-hits-apc-leader/
i said yesterday that his comment is meaningless and presents him as a person who is indecisive..With or without Tinubu Amotekun is a Yoruba project and survives like the OPC in the South west
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Biafrarep(m): 8:18am On Jan 23, 2020
LegendHero:

In Nigeria, the Fulani herdsmen are killing people in their farms unprovoked and all tribes are clamoring for solution.

The Igbos governors are all online shouting without solution while the Fulanis slaughtered their farmers.

The Yoruba governors rose up and formed a security network called Amotekun to curb the menace of the killer herdsmen.

Who are the cowards? The ones that took a step in curbing the meance or the people shouting online like rabid dogs without solution?

Lol, which step did you take? The same so-called security network your masters from the north has beaten you into submission to abandon??
FYI, Enugu state government has already formed its Forest guards long before you guys thought of your amotekun.

Just accept that you guys are perennially unreliable, maybe its because of the Muslims in your midst that are always ass licking their superior Muslim counterparts from the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Eteka1(m): 8:18am On Jan 23, 2020
Why are there so many fools on Nairaland?

Tinubu's statement was obviously aimed at dousing the unnecessary controversy regarding the Amotekun issue as well as creating a favourable condition for dialogue among the key stakeholders so as to clear out the gray areas.

Were the fools on Nairaland expecting Tinubu to jump into the fray and contribute to further heating up the polity?

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by bakescos01: 8:23am On Jan 23, 2020
ojuu4u:

That is why I love Atiku, he always shows empathy towards Nigerians irrespective of regions he comes from, but for Tinubu. He always has fear factor from cabal .....I don't want to offend them attitude .

Am a Yoruba , but I would rather love to see someone like Obi running for presidency. I will vote him ahead of Tinubu and Atiku 10X.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Jinglebell70: 8:24am On Jan 23, 2020
We should just leave TINUBU alone.. I understand his plight on amotekun matter, politically he is being wise with his approach..
there are only few Nigerians that can stand firm for his/her people when things like this came up with him having one eye on next presidential aspirant..
he is wise even though as a citizen of Nigeria my personal vote won’t be going for him if he contest as president but still I can’t blame him fully for been diplomatic about this issue..

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2020
mamaafrik:
Tinubu should be ashamed of himself,you will become a laughing stock of the North after you know you are going nowhere politically on the Presidential ladder.

Omo ale t'on foowo osi juwe ike baaba re
Ori olookun and the Yoruba deity will bring you down .

Are u people really this dumb?
Tinubus job in his speech was to allay the fears of the North so that amotekun will become law. That was the purpose!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by bakescos01: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2020
Nathdoug201:
So yoruba muslims what's your take on amotekun...
Do you still want to leak your fulani masters asses or you want to fight for your region..
Lolz..
I love this

First , am a Christian and a Yoruba. And I have Muslim Yoruba friends. Because one man gave his own opinion doesn’t mean every other Yoruba Muslim are on the same page with him. We don’t have to bring ethnicity and religion over everything issue. Before Christianity and Muslim was brought to Africa we were first Yoruba and all brothers. A white man religion shouldn’t be more important than out true identity.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 23, 2020
Jinglebell70:
We should just leave TINUBU alone.. I understand his plight on amotekun matter, politically he is being wise with his approach..
there are only few Nigerians that can stand firm for his/her people when things like this came up with him having one eye on next presidential aspirant..
he is wise even though as a citizen of Nigeria my personal vote won’t be going for him if he contest as president but still I can’t blame him fully for been diplomatic about this issue..
Lol! Tinubu has no presidential ambition.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by fatymore(f): 8:35am On Jan 23, 2020
Citytrend:
shocked
Back a man whose position is neither here, or there? Are people really that Confused. Maybe they should visit his comments again to have an idea of what he said.

You can't be supporting the Security outfit and be supporting the Federal government decision same time.

The last time I checked it is called hypocrisy

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
[/b]

I know this out of content...

How did you do that your colorful signature

Thanks
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Skmoda360(m): 8:36am On Jan 23, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/amotekun-comment-south-west-govs-back-tinubu-afenifere-hits-apc-leader/
I didn't even read half of this epistle.....can someone summarise it for me?
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nasir123(m): 8:40am On Jan 23, 2020
ngadaAwo:
I said it before
the downfall of Amotekun will not be from the fulani nor from anybody but from the SW leaders especially those loyal to Tinubu

Relax and watch

Forget it!
In fact, Tinubu just hinted you Amotekum has come to stay. And for a very long time.

You don't need to border yourself about this reality.
Just Watch

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by ngadaAwo: 8:41am On Jan 23, 2020
Nasir123:

Forget it!
In fact, Tinubu just hinted you Amotekum has come to stay. And for a very long time.

You don't need to border yourself about this reality.
Just Watch
let's watch bro
you'll see it yourself
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by mamaafrik(m): 8:43am On Jan 23, 2020
Stevecovey:

Are u people really this dumb?
Tinubus job in his speech was to allay the fears of the North so that amotekun will become law. That was the purpose!

didinrin,is that what Buhari did to Obasanjo and Goodluck as the grand patron of Miyetti allah even despite the fact he was vying for a presidential pos years back.
If Yoruba seek for the scrapping of Qouta system or Hisban,is this the same cowardice party-tone that Northern leaders will speaking with??,
If you and him no get sense,we the spectator get.
Just open mouth without reasoning
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Malcolm123: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2020
Lostz:
north always enjoy poverty and blood shed as usual. there will be no peace for devilish people

buh Igbo enjoy luxurious lyk d pics below abi

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Successlane: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2020
funmike83:
Hmm, they have started o. I am sure it will be osun and lagos gov that will be praising him for d rubbish. They are his puppet. Those govs can not take decision on their own

Did you read these?

Tinubu made objective observations – Akeredolu
Reacting to Tinubu ’ s statement, the Akeredolu, commended him .

Ogun agrees with Asiwaju’ s stand on Amotekun
Also, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, said he did not disagree with the submission made by the ex -Lagos governor.

AWN ’s Head, Special Projects and Funding, Prince Adetayo Adeleke -Adedoyin, said the comment of Tinubu on Operation Amotekun was well conceived and warmly taken .

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nasir123(m): 8:46am On Jan 23, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

I can see that your hatred for the Fulani is skin deep. Well, good luck.

I'll say the guy is only expressing his fears/worries.
The experience with those Fulani criminals is not a good one at all.
And the worst of it is when Mayeti whatever open their mouth to speak nonsense/rubbish as if they own the country. That's never a good representation.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Ken4Christ: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2020
Tinubu doesn't want to have problems with his Fulani master. Nonsense.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2020
Malcolm123:

buh Igbo enjoy luxurious lyk d pics below abi
I am not here to defend Igbo's and your pictures won't change the facts that the north is home to the poorest on earth
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by somehow: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2020
selemempe:
smart words from the mouth of a Northerner. How will our representatives push it when the north has more senators and representatives?

Who will push when we have seen how the fg reacts at such things with high handedness.

War is the only way Nigeria Can breakup... because the north has made peaceful change impossible...and that war will come soon if the north keeps acting like they own Nigeria

When you say north, are you saying all the states in the north are against TRUE federalism?

what about the middle beltans?

Has the southern legislatures even brought it up in the house before?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Sweeetheart(m): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2020
WiLdFLame:

Tinubu happened to be a bastard
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Malcolm123: 9:01am On Jan 23, 2020
Lostz:
I am not here to defend Igbo's and your pictures won't change the facts that the north is home to the poorest on earth

u still don't get it .....u ppl should face unna region and develop it first ...u ppl should condemn unna kerosene sharing and wheel barrow distributing governors .....why leave your ownnload dey carry anoda person load
see the rate Kano,kaduna,jos,Abuja,Minna even sokoto dey develop ...yet u hardly see north talking about potopoto region dey only face their side
buh u ppl na anoda ppl mata dey interest unna

Abba a commercial shithole....I always wonder y a busy (large) market is so rough lyk dat yet u ppl at more concern with zamfara ...everyday Kano keep on advancing ...currently in term of infrastructure apart from Abuja I doubt if any Oda city can match up ...flyover everywhere beta road as if say na abroad

dey have their challenges buh face your own issue and sort it out and let Evey Oda ppl sort out demselves....see ur region again

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by selemempe: 9:02am On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:

When you say north, are you saying all the states in the north are against TRUE federalism?

what about the middle beltans?

Has the southern legislatures even brought it up in the house before?
yes... during the national conference.

They said 1914 amalgamation has expired...that we should go our separate ways...

The north went to ask rock and warned gej and made him to say 'nigeria's unity is non-negotiable'

Do you know what that means?
That you can't even discuss Nigeria's unity in parliament
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by bakescos01: 9:03am On Jan 23, 2020
eldeens:
If Amotekun failed tomorrow (God forbid) but eventually it does you all will remember that you have been advised,

Its easy to Kickstart but sustainability is the major task, starting from the

leadership: who will head Amotekun, each state will want to be the head, and once you have a bad head at the start up that's the downfall of Amotekun.

Recruitment: some states will be marginalized

Police and other agency: there will never be a synergy between the two, go and ask Civil Defense Corps, the later is still finding it difficult then who is Amotekun,

State Governors and Financing: out current state governors that they so wicked, to pay salaries and pensions become the hardest thing to do, funding Amotekun will be a problem to some state, with time some states will begin to pull out, and this will crash the program, curbing security and maintaining it gulp alot of funds, and southwest governors should not even think they will get a bailout from FG, this will cause uproar from the other region. Southwest governors will have to go sourcing for extra fund to support Amotekun.

Corruption: when the leadership is full with hungry lions then the downfall of Amotekun is certain. This will radiate down to the lowest officer.

My take:
Let the Amotekun be controlled at the grassroots, that's by state just as Tinubu and IBB spelt out or else Amotekun is dead before arrival, that's the honest truth take it or leave it.

That’s your take, let me answer some of your question:
There won’t be any rivalry as to who will lead the Amotekun. Already we have SouthWest head governor and that’s Akeredolu the Ondo state Governor.

Each state will determine the numbers of personal they want and they can pay base on the financier capability.

About the synergy with the Police, I really don’t care. So far they are keeping there region safe out of criminals. We have a lot of criminals inside the police force already. Some kill innocent Nigerian, sells gun to thieves, be collecting bribe up and down. If we weren’t thinking like a mediocre then we know this police force is false.

Also about the funding , I believe it’s time we all make and impact in keeping our community safe. We all pay for watch man in our community. The governors have been meeting in private sector and individuals on how to put resources together for there payment. It’s about life and properties and investors care about security of there staffs and company too.

Well about the upsurge from other region , that’s a good thing. Other region should also work on getting there own community people to protect there environment. No one loves to hear Nigerians dying and nothing is done to avert it. What this government knows how to do best is sending condolences and not preventing crimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scores Of Boko Haram Terrorists Drown After Military Bombardment In Borno / How We Foiled Attempts To Bomb Lagos, By Fashola / Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.