Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,071 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu (34088 Views)

Wike To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Loss At PDP Primaries / Governors Back SARS Ban / APC Crisis: 13 Governors Back NWC, 7 Oppose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by somehow: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2020
selemempe:
yes... during the national conference.

They said 1914 amalgamation has expired...that we should go our separate ways...

The north went to ask rock and warned gej and made him to say 'nigeria's unity is non-negotiable'

Do you know what that means?
That you can't even discuss Nigeria's unity in parliament

Southern legislatures brought it up during national conference?

link to this?
how many legislatures from the south supported it?

The north told GEJ not to do what? you knew this because?

Before GEJ, have we not had leaders from the south? why did they not do it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2020
Malcolm123:

u still don't get it .....u ppl should face unna region and develop it first ...u ppl should condemn unna kerosene sharing and wheel barrow distributing governors .....why leave your ownnload dey carry anoda person load
see the rate Kano,kaduna,jos,Abuja,Minna even sokoto dey develop ...yet u hardly see north talking about potopoto region dey only face their side
buh u ppl na anoda ppl mata dey interest unna

Abba a commercial shithole....I always wonder y a busy (large) market is so rough lyk dat yet u ppl at more concern with zamfara ...everyday Kano keep on advancing ...currently in term of infrastructure apart from Abuja I doubt if any Oda city can match up ...flyover everywhere beta road as if say na abroad

dey have their challenges buh face your own issue and sort it out and let Evey Oda ppl sort out demselves....see ur region again
okay I will show this to my Igbo friends but still the north is the poorest place on earth
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by DeLaRue: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2020
What a masterful play by the man Tinubu. Up until his statement, many, including me, thought he would be in serious trouble whichever side he supports.

But with his statement, he struck a very delicate balance and came out with his leadership skills enhanced.

By saying he will discuss a revised modality with the Governors, he has also given the governors a soft landing.

The Governor that has taken the biggest dent to his national leadership reputation is Fayemi who released a statement saying Tinubu is 'entitled to his own opinion'. Those in Aso Rock are unlikely to forget.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by SlayerForever: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Realdeals:
Amotekun is probably on it way to Oblivion.

Exactly bro. But watch mentally handicapped yellowbars praise Tinubu.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by selemempe: 9:20am On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:

Southern legislatures brought it up during national conference?

link to this?
how many legislatures from the south supported it?

The north told GEJ not to do what? you knew this because?

Before GEJ, have we not had leaders from the south? why did they not do it?

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
It seem the governors also failed to consult the president.
Was Obasanjo consulted before hisbah was formed?
Was Jonathan consulted before cjtf was formed?
Governors are not subordinate to the president. They are chief executives for their states and have the authority to carry out policies without the approval of anyone except their state assemblies.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Was Obasanjo consulted before hisbah was formed?
Was Jonathan consulted before cjtf was formed?
Governors are not subordinate to the president. They are chief executives for their states and have the authority to carry out policies without the approval of anyone except their state assemblies.

Then they should pass relevant laws pertaining to the establishment of a regional security outfit. That is what the AG said, it is what Tinubu proposed; and it is absolutely correct. Where is the opposition to Amotekun if it is only pointed out that it remains unconstitutional until the relevant laws enable it?

I have not seen a single statement made by Tinubu in that speech that can be objectively faulted. Yoruba people should not allow others to push them into adopting hatred and victimisation attitudes.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Manero(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2020
Mumu
funmike83:
Hmm, they have started o. I am sure it will be osun and lagos gov that will be praising him for d rubbish. They are his puppet. Those govs can not take decision on their own

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by KunleyY19(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2020
My only fear is once Amotekun is granted.
other region will follow suit.
in having regional policing which is more deadlier, because any misunderstanding between two regional security outfit will be termed to 'war' in this weak Nigeria.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Bola tinubu must have read 48 laws of power.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Then they should pass relevant laws pertaining to the establishment of a regional security outfit. That is what the AG said, it is what Tinubu proposed; and it is absolutely correct. Where is the opposition to Amotekun if it is only pointed out that it remains unconstitutional until the relevant laws enable it?
I'm not sure you're well informed on this matter. The opposition to amotekun didn't start from the AGF. It started from Miyetti Allah. Then ACF before the AGF joined in with his legal rubbish.

Truth is, the whole story of "take it to the state assembly" is simply giving the opposition elements a stake in the implementation. We all know why Miyetti Allah are against it. And the AGF is also acting out a script being pushed by some powerful elements. All the talk of illegality is balderdash. If not, why has the AGf not declared the cjtf illegal or even the Chadian army that was on Nigerian soil for close to three years undermining our territorial integrity?
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by eldeens: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2020
bakescos01:

That’s your take, let me answer some of your question:
There won’t be any rivalry as to who will lead the Amotekun. Already we have SouthWest head governor and that’s Akeredolu the Ondo state Governor.

Each state will determine the numbers of personal they want and they can pay base on the financier capability.

About the synergy with the Police, I really don’t care. So far they are keeping there region safe out of criminals. We have a lot of criminals inside the police force already. Some kill innocent Nigerian, sells gun to thieves, be collecting bribe up and down. If we weren’t thinking like a mediocre then we know this police force is false.

Also about the funding , I believe it’s time we all make and impact in keeping our community safe. We all pay for watch man in our community. The governors have been meeting in private sector and individuals on how to put resources together for there payment. It’s about life and properties and investors care about security of there staffs and company too.

Well about the upsurge from other region , that’s a good thing. Other region should also work on getting there own community people to protect there environment. No one loves to hear Nigerians dying and nothing is done to avert it. What this government knows how to do best is sending condolences and not preventing crimes.

Good one, then Amotekun must stay, long live Amotekun long live southwest, long live other region and long live federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by bakescos01: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2020
eldeens:

Good one, then Amotekun must stay, long live Amotekun long live southwest, long live other region and long live federal republic of Nigeria

Amen, God bless you too brother. You are wise.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by funmike83(f): 10:27am On Jan 23, 2020
Manero:
Mumu

King of mumu
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Stillwater10: 10:30am On Jan 23, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

Look here selempempe. If Nigeria must break it has to do so without bloodshed. Tell all your southern senators and representatives at the national assembly to move motions at the assembly to bring it about. Since they are the representative of the people there. That is the way to go about it. Not by shouting ipob, OPC, and other nonsenses over social media. Ojukwu had the best chance to break Nigeria through war and we all saw the result. If Nigeria must break it should be done by consensus. But it looks like most southerners are truly not in support of breakup or else their representatives know what to do.

Well written

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 23, 2020
Citytrend:
shocked
Back a man whose position is neither here, or there? Are people really that Confused. Maybe they should visit his comments again to have an idea of what he said.

You can't be supporting the Security outfit and be supporting the Federal government decision same time.

The last time I checked it is called hypocrisy

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
[/b]
The guy analize the matter well before he spoke, as a man of ambition, he cannot afford to lose all he as work for, in support of his people, that he can't even trust, therefore, in order to win on both side, he had to Be in support of the two. Ensuring that amotekun stand, and Nigeria is not divided, in order for him to fulfill his ambition, which we can only hope is a good one.
But notwithstanding, an ambitious man will never watch is ambition go down the drain. If I'm the one, that's also what I will do.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I'm not sure you're well informed on this matter. The opposition to amotekun didn't start from the AGF. It started from Miyetti Allah. Then ACF before the AGF joined in with his legal rubbish.

Truth is, the whole story of "take it to the state assembly" is simply giving the opposition elements a stake in the implementation. We all know why Miyetti Allah are against it. And the AGF is also acting out a script being pushed by some powerful elements. All the talk of illegality is balderdash. If not, why has the AGf not declared the cjtf illegal or even the Chadian army that was on Nigerian soil for close to three years undermining our territorial integrity?

I remember the AGF declaring it unconstitutional before Miyetti Allah's statement. In any case, the pertinent question is, is it or is it not actually unconstitutional? That is the focus and it is not balderdash, nor do whataboutism arguments justify it. I have no idea what legal process was used to justify the CJTF or the Chadian army, but it does not matter in this case. That is a seperate legal event and should be challenged seperately. The point is that since the governors have the power to set up enabling laws for Amotekun, they should do so in consultation with the relevant legal bodies like the AGF's office. Until then, both the AGF and Tinubu are technically correct. Why is that so difficult to understand? Opposition or not, legal process must be followed, otherwise everything descends into chaos.

As for me, the only actual (not imagined) opposition to Amotekun that I have seen seems to come from Miyetti Allah alone; and it is understandable; they believe that it is directed at them. They are entitled to their opinion no matter how irrelevant, and I do not see them as a group that one should lose sleep over; nor does their opinion merit all this brouhaha.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by somehow: 11:36am On Jan 23, 2020
[quote author=selemempe post=86035851][/quote]

You said Southern legislatures brought it up, this does not support your view

Show when legislatures brought it up and why have they not done it in the right place which is the national assembly?
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by mamaafrik(m): 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
Stevecovey:

Are u people really this dumb?
Tinubus job in his speech was to allay the fears of the North so that amotekun will become law. That was the purpose!

allay fear,you mean beg them,how many region did North informed before imposing sharia abd Hisban??,you problem is heavy
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I remember the AGF declaring it unconstitutional before Miyetti Allah's statement. In any case, the pertinent question is, is it or is it not actually unconstitutional? That is the focus and it is not balderdash, nor do whataboutism arguments justify it. I have no idea what legal process was used to justify the CJTF or the Chadian army, but it does not matter in this case. That is a seperate legal event and should be challenged seperately. The point is that since the governors have the power to set up enabling laws for Amotekun, they should do so in consultation with the relevant legal bodies like the AGF's office. Until then, both the AGF and Tinubu are technically correct. Why is that so difficult to understand? Opposition or not, legal process must be followed, otherwise everything descends into chaos.

As for me, the only actual (not imagined) opposition to Amotekun that I have seen seems to come from Miyetti Allah alone; and it is understandable; they believe that it is directed at them. They are entitled to their opinion no matter how irrelevant, and I do not see them as a group that one should lose sleep over; nor does their opinion merit all this brouhaha.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/why-amotekun-is-illegal-%E2%81%A0-agf/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/amotekun-no-harm-in-synergizing-but-acf/amp
Check those links. It was the ACF that first spoke of the constitutionality of amotekun before the AGF said it. The Miyetti Allah joined the chorus soon after.

You have no idea because there's simply no legal process for CJTF or Chadian army. They were incorporated based on the president's directive and no one raised the legality or otherwise of it.
This is relevant because declaring amotekun illegal by FG should by extension mean CJTF is also illegal. You can't allow one why stopping the other.
States are autonomous entities and have no business consulting with AGF how their states should be run or which laws to make. If they do something the FG is not comfortable with, the right thing is to approach the courts not declare them illegal. That was settled by the supreme court during the OBJ vs Tinubu local govt matter.

Now to the other matter, how come Miyetti Allah do not think the police or army operations in Benue and Plateau is targeted at them but think amotekun is targeted at them. We should ask ourselves why a group will be jittery at a security initiative if they're not themselves criminals.

I remember when lastma first started in Lagos, FRSC were against them because they felt they were brought to usurp their duties. Later on, lastma were restricted from federal roads while FRSC were restricted from state roads. This is the idea of autonomy of states. No FG or AGF has the rights to trample on it.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by 7lives: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
selemempe:
Can you tell us why Nigeria must remain one?

Who benefits from the oneness of Nigeria?

If Nigeria must not remain one, must we go the way of Yugoslavia?.
Why can't we go the way of Chechoslovakia?, that is now Slovakia and Chech republic.
Any tribe that have another 2 million lives to throw away doesn't need to wait for another Nigerian civil war, they should order for containers of snippers and commit mass suicide, they should also remember to invite their friends Afeniferawon to the madness.
Waiting for Yorubas to be stupid is like " ode to nso Eledumare, ori egun lo ma ku si ".
Una go die waiting.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by bluecircle470: 12:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Tinubu has spoken as a great leader. Afenifere is no sometimes different from MUMURIC, all what they sometimes do is to attack attack and attack unnecessarily. You’re always against Jagaban and don’t see him as a leader yet you’re attacking him to “talk as a leader”. Why the confusion Afenifere? Well without your support Tinubu can be President of this country. Una no kuku support OBJ and he won.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
Amotekun is dead already. I will urge my south west brothers to stop heating the polity.

Jagaban statement on Amotekun support Malami and miyetti Allah narrative of it. Now supported by these governors.

Why do some people without liver like making so much noise.

They should stop wasting our time and focus on getting 2023 presidency from their masters.

valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/amotekun-comment-south-west-govs-back-tinubu-afenifere-hits-apc-leader/
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by LLMG: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
most of the representatives are unconcerned, greedy, selfcentered cowards
AtikuNetwork:

Look here selempempe. If Nigeria must break it has to do so without bloodshed. Tell all your southern senators and representatives at the national assembly to move motions at the assembly to bring it about. Since they are the representative of the people there. That is the way to go about it. Not by shouting ipob, OPC, and other nonsenses over social media. Ojukwu had the best chance to break Nigeria through war and we all saw the result. If Nigeria must break it should be done by consensus. But it looks like most southerners are truly not in support of breakup or else their representatives know what to do.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by cuteeme: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
WiLdFLame:
This same Old selfish Adebanjo and his bunch of selfish thieves Afenifere sold out Our then political light MKO Abiola and took money from Abacha...No true Cerebral Omoluabis supports them.

Only Mischief Makers like the Igbos/Online IGBOs would always see any opportunity as a means to attack Our Political Leader bunch of hypocrites!!

Tinubu is very smart and very Right on this
He has raised the point most intellectual Omoluabis fear. We don’t want our Amotekun hijacked and be a shadow of itself like the NPF. So let’s do proper structuring.

As expected, brain washed vegetable
WiLdFLame:
This same Old selfish Adebanjo and his bunch of selfish thieves Afenifere sold out Our then political light MKO Abiola and took money from Abacha...No true Cerebral Omoluabis supports them.

Only Mischief Makers like the Igbos/Online IGBOs would always see any opportunity as a means to attack Our Political Leader bunch of hypocrites!!

Tinubu is very smart and very Right on this
He has raised the point most intellectual Omoluabis fear. We don’t want our Amotekun hijacked and be a shadow of itself like the NPF. So let’s do proper structuring.

As expected, brain washed vegetable
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by cuteeme: 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
LegendHero:
“The governors commended the former Lagos State governor and promised to look into the issues he raised “

Nice one. Tinubu spoke like an elder statesman and offered solutions on how to make Amotekun stand the test of time. He would be meeting with Akeredolu soon like he opined.

Like Femi Falana rightly said, the SW governors should hastily legalize Amotekun and proceed to commence operations once and for all.

The Yorubas should set our eyes on the target and stop being distracted by the usual vituperation on the media space which brings nothing meaningful but tension.

The response of the Yorubas should be actions rather than shouting online. Agba to lomi ninu kin pariwo

Amotekun is here to stay!
After meeting with them, all these noise making ceases to exist, yorubas make more noise than a woman in labour, more noise less action people. my 3D glasses are on cool
LegendHero:
“The governors commended the former Lagos State governor and promised to look into the issues he raised “

Nice one. Tinubu spoke like an elder statesman and offered solutions on how to make Amotekun stand the test of time. He would be meeting with Akeredolu soon like he opined.

Like Femi Falana rightly said, the SW governors should hastily legalize Amotekun and proceed to commence operations once and for all.

The Yorubas should set our eyes on the target and stop being distracted by the usual vituperation on the media space which brings nothing meaningful but tension.

The response of the Yorubas should be actions rather than shouting online. Agba to lomi ninu kin pariwo

Amotekun is here to stay!
After meeting with them, all these noise making ceases to exist, yorubas make more noise than a woman in labour, more noise less action people. my 3D glasses are on
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by cuteeme: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
Noerection:
IPOB goats right now cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are a fool, so go play with your toys, Afonja ass licker
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by cuteeme: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
CrimeKsmart:
Pls stop replying the guy. Igbos are born to hate naturally... Just ignore him
then afonja are meant to love right?
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Legendguru: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Enough of this amotekun people are suffering the economy is bad they should first solve issues of unemployment first and see whether we need amotekun or not when people are jobless you don’t expect the hopeless not to take up crime to survive

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 24, 2020
cuteeme:

You are a fool, so go play with your toys, Afonja ass licker
ive always taken cause with this ass licker thing, whats wrong with ass licking, if you are licking the ass you want to lick, someone posted one ass on the 1st page, i assume that is what made you use that phrase.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 24, 2020
Legendguru:
Enough of this amotekun people are suffering the economy is bad they should first solve issues of unemployment first and see whether we need amotekun or not when people are jobless you don’t expect the hopeless not to take up crime to survive
they did not tell us where the funding came from for the operation, it is moving so fast, as if cash is quickly flowing, meanwhile basic amenities are lacking, they seem to want a personal police, but are pretending it is a public safety initiative. why else will they bypass juniads office. let them limit it to security only, they do not need the alarm lights on the cars. and seriously where is the money comming from.
Re: Amotekun Comment: South-West Governors Back Tinubu by somtookeke(m): 5:14am On Jan 24, 2020
AMOTEKUN: Confusion as AGF disagrees with VP, South West governors
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/amotekun-confusion-as-agf-disagrees.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How We Foiled Attempts To Bomb Lagos, By Fashola / Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief / List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.