Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy (57342 Views)

WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / Oluebube Miracle Okoye Broke An Academic Record In UNIZIK College Of Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by jaafree: 4:08am On Jan 26, 2020
we all know the state of O level nowadays, so this is obvious.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Microwhy: 5:21am On Jan 26, 2020
Yochanan01:
The brochure will be given to us only after registration in a diskette form and the website for the brochure is not loading
Next time, contact Palm University for any question you might want to ask or know about.

Palm University=Google
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:02am On Jan 26, 2020
Baddestguyp:
I know several...
All that fallacy about OAU na lie...maybe they happened years back like 10 years ago...but I entered OAU 2014/15 and from that time it has been clear that all these were pure lies

I don't believe.
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by ayanbaba2(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2020
Irore:

So many things could affect an otherwise brilliant; 1.poverty/lack/hunger as a result of the parent's inability to meet the student's basic needs 2. Lifestyle;excessive social activities 3.Fornication 4.Cultism 5. Too much money.
I think the worst of all is #1 above,Poverty.
Add your own...
you are on point...

poverty won't make one concentrate at all! some parents won't understand this.

imagine borrowing to buy practical "books" and the rest...when you've not even pay your tution. double wahala!

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
yusman14:
I always feel sorry for those pharmacy guys...the course is more tougher than medicine...I mean far tougher...

This isn't true. If I show the recent results from college of health sciences you would be surprised. Comparing the difficulties of both courses is just being short sighted. Both are incredibly demanding courses which our current curriculum have made even tougher. This way only the tough and resilient ones survive. Not the most brilliant.

To place the difficulty of one above the other is just pure ignorance really and pettiness.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
yusman14:
UNIPORT??
U guys cannot stand OAU students IQ and brilliancy....so it is normal in your school.. because you guys are average

This is truly uncalled for really. Lets be guided. Do you know the hierarchy in college of health sciences (not sure about other faculty) are complaining that the quality of students they get nowadays are below par? Yet you are here belittling hardworking students in another institution.

All these useless talk of my school is better than yours is the reason we are where we are today because we keep celebrating mediocrity just because we were product of said institution.

I personally know how bad some lecturers are in OAU college of health sciences and how great others are. Instead of you to throw light on these facts about your alma matter. Your here throwing shades that no one threw at you. Where is OAU in Africa ranking of universities? Let's not even mention world ranking self.

Students keep dieing every session yet nothing is done to curb this trend. Sex for marks is becoming synonymous with OAU. And you are here throwing useless shades. Majority of the student population have been told not to expect accommodation on campus next session. To instead find hostel in the dangerous Ife town where many have lost their lives. Oga park well abeg, uniport students aren't your problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2020
shogsman:

FYI No country is specifically looking for Nigerian doctors,Nigerians get jobs in those countries because they have a great labour force and they always look to add more people to the ring. Nigeria Is not even in the top 30 list of best doctors in the world. This is not to say they aren't some exceptional doctors around here though.

Trust me if those doctors who are in the top 30 list as you pointed out are made to work in the conditions most Nigerian doctors have to face each day. They won't smell top 100. Even Americans admit Nigerian doctors are incredible. Did you read their recent notice to Americans travelling to Nigeria. They were like while Nigerian doctors are well trained, they work in poor conditions essentially reducing the level of health care they can provide. Imagine in an hospital no MRI machine, X ray isn't working. Yet these doctors still managed to save lives.

Don't throw shades when you haven't walked in their shoes. Its like building a skyscraper without a crane. If your into civil engineering you will understand what that means. If only health can become a true priority to the Nigeria government.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sultan5:

This isn't true. If I show the recent results from college of health sciences you would be surprised. Comparing the difficulties of both courses is just being short sighted. Both are incredibly demanding courses which our current curriculum have made even tougher. This way only the tough and resilient ones survive. Not the most brilliant.

To place the difficulty of one above the other is just pure ignorance really and pettiness.
The level of difficulty of courses are different bro ...
Be sincere...I have friends in this two dept
Nevertheless,both courses are demanding..

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sultan5:

This is truly uncalled for really. Lets be guided. Do you know the hierarchy in college of health sciences (not sure about other faculty) are complaining that the quality of students they get nowadays are below par? Yet you are here belittling hardworking students in another institution.

All these useless talk of my school is better than yours is the reason we are where we are today because we keep celebrating mediocrity just because we were product of said institution.

I personally know how bad some lecturers are in OAU college of health sciences and how great others are. Instead of you to throw light on these facts about your alma matter. Your here throwing shades that no one threw at you. Where is OAU in Africa ranking of universities? Let's not even mention world ranking self.

Students keep dieing every session yet nothing is done to curb this trend. Sex for marks is becoming synonymous with OAU. And you are here throwing useless shades. Majority of the student population have been told not to expect accommodation on campus next session. To instead find hostel in the dangerous Ife town where many have lost their lives. Oga park well abeg, uniport students aren't your problem.
well said bro...I only referred to academics ability not infrastructure...
I am still an undergraduate..OAU is really passing through some probs and challenges we all know that...
As for the sex for mark issue,it can never and it will never happen in faculty of science,tech,and college of health sciences...art students mostly fall victims of this rubbish make your research...

I am not trying to downgrade UNIPORT but we all gat levels...no matter what,the truth will be established...
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by kosheybhad(f): 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
Pharmacy isn't easy at all in any university....I'm still battling with it, So help me God cry

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by sikells(m): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2020
kosheybhad:
Pharmacy isn't easy at all in any university....I'm still battling with it, So help me God cry
Which school are you?
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2020
yusman14:
The level of difficulty of courses are different bro ...
Be sincere...I have friends in this two dept
Nevertheless,both courses are demanding..

You be sincere bro. I am in one of these departments and I have friends too in the other. Difficulty level being different is purely a subjective statement. If you really wanna truly categorised difficulty level I can gv you level by level break down of what these courses entails. Make no mistake am not a novice.

Your statement of pharmacy is way more difficult than medicine reeks of ignorance or just plain pettiness. Forget the I get friends for the two departments talk. Have you walked in their shoes? Lets be guided biko.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2020
yusman14:
well said bro...I only referred to academics ability not infrastructure...
I am still an undergraduate..OAU is really passing through some probs and challenges we all know that...
As for the sex for mark issue,it can never and it will never happen in faculty of science,tech,and college of health sciences...art students mostly fall victims of this rubbish make your research...

I am not trying to downgrade UNIPORT but we all gat levels...no matter what,the truth will be established...

"It can never happen", "make your research". I smiled when I read these statements of yours. Lemme not open some ppls yansh for you. Just because only those in Arts have been exposed, you think it doesn't happen elsewhere. Let no body deceive you bro. A friend of mine in one of those faculties/college you put up there told me her experience recently. Lets be guided please.

Your still on academic ability stuff. Am disappointed really. To call other students average just because they are not in your school is just sad. Belittling their IQ and brilliance is just the height of it.

You said your not trying to downgrade UNIPORT but that's exactly what you are doing. And what truth are you establishing if I may ask? If its your overly biased and sad truth then trust me you have clearly established it.

I don't know really, when will we stop all these useless and unnecessary chest beating that holds no single drop of water. I don't even need to prove how amazing and resilient UNIPORT students are. Because the one you quoted showed a level of class that you so clearly lack. I don't want to say that speaks badly of OAU because it doesn't really. As I am also of Great Ife and I do not share your sentiments.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the occasional university war of words but it should end there. Don't let it sink into you and make you think your better than anyone because you went to OAU. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sultan5:

"It can never happen", "make your research". I smiled when I read these statements of yours. Lemme not open some ppls yansh for you. Just because only those in Arts have been exposed, you think it doesn't happen elsewhere. Let no body deceive you bro. A friend of mine in one of those faculties/college you put up there told me her experience recently. Lets be guided please.

Your still on academic ability stuff. Am disappointed really. To call other students average just because they are not in your school is just sad. Belittling their IQ and brilliance is just the height of it.

You said your not trying to downgrade UNIPORT but that's exactly what you are doing. And what truth are you establishing if I may ask? If its your overly biased and sad truth then trust me you have clearly established it.

I don't know really, when will we stop all these useless and unnecessary chest beating that holds no single drop of water. I don't even need to prove how amazing and resilient UNIPORT students are. Because the one you quoted showed a level of class that you so clearly lack. I don't want to say that speaks badly of OAU because it doesn't really. As I am also of Great Ife and I do not share your sentiments.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the occasional university war of words but it should end there. Don't let it sink into you and make you think your better than anyone because you went to OAU. Peace!
You are getting me wrong bro..
Every university has her own unique students..we all know that...ok we are all equall...
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 8:36am On Feb 01, 2020
yusman14:
You are getting me wrong bro..
Every university has her own unique students..we all know that...ok we are all equall...

I got you wrong? These were your words below

yusman14:
UNIPORT??
U guys cannot stand OAU students IQ and brilliancy....so it is normal in your school.. because you guys are average

This your statement was not addressing any group of "unique students" (whatever that means). This was a purely generalised derogatory statement to all Uniport students because they are not in OAU!

What baffles me the most was that the guy you quoted didn't speak badly about OAU. Infact he was trying to let other people know that pharmacy results are also as bad this one sometimes in his school Uniport.

Then you came from no where with your derogatory remarks. Am still trying to figure out what he said wrong that triggered this unnecessary post from you.

But alas! You finally agreed "we are all equal" . That's progress. Hopefully going forward, you always keep that in the back of your mind. I do believe an apology to the guy you quoted would be heavenly.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 10:42am On Feb 01, 2020
Sultan5:

This your statement was not addressing any group of "unique students" (whatever that means). This was a purely generalised derogatory statement to all Uniport students because they are not in OAU!

What baffles me the most was that the guy you quoted didn't speak badly about OAU. Infact he was trying to let other people know that pharmacy results are also as bad this one sometimes in his school Uniport.

Then you came from no where with your derogatory remarks. Am still trying to figure out what he said wrong that triggered this unnecessary post from you.

But alas! You finally agreed "we are all equal" . That's progress. Hopefully going forward, you always keep that in the back of your mind. I do believe an apology to the guy you quoted would be heavenly.
I don't really mean it bro..
Ok no problem .. Thanks
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Samstrange44(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2020
oloriooko:
Pharmacy department has always been the most dreaded department in OAU even medical students fear that department

Really?
God help us oo
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by kosheybhad(f): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
sikells:

Which school are you?
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Lifebender(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sultan5:

Bros,take am easy before u rupture an artery...
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Sultan5(m): 2:18am On Mar 07, 2020
Lifebender:

Bros,take am easy before u rupture an artery...

grin grin
Nor mind me jor. I just get triggered sometimes by unjust statements

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Solve Any Quadratic Equation Using The "Almighty" Formula / GUYS! Who Still Remembers The Title Of This Book? - SEE PHOTO! / Ishaq Yusuf, IBB University Lecturer Was Set Up & Stripped Unclad By Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.