Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy (57352 Views)

WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / Oluebube Miracle Okoye Broke An Academic Record In UNIZIK College Of Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Irore: 10:49am On Jan 25, 2020
Irore:

So many things could affect an otherwise brilliant student; 1.poverty/lack/hunger as a result of the parent's inability to meet the student's basic needs 2. Lifestyle;excessive social activities 3.Fornication 4.Cultism 5. Too much money.
I think the worst of all is #1 above,Poverty.
Add your own...
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2020
Uyi168:
Pharmacy is almost like that everywhere.. Uniben wanna finish us here ...
the Lord is your strength brother

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 25, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

In abroad, the lecturers would be in serious trouble by now. It is an indication of failure on their part. Their inability to educate properly or teach their students.

Nigeria education is fundamentally deficient largely due to parochial and archaic lectures and lecture system.

In developed universities, a lecturer once he or she notices a dip in your thesis or assignments, he arranges a meeting with you to discuss what the issues may be with you. He can go as far as referring you to Guidance and Counseling unit. They go the length to have you understand. A school's performance should never be judged on mass failure.

Richdad
that's true, if u can pass in Nigeria university, hmm that person can pass anywhere.
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Microwhy: 11:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Yochanan01:
Please, Does OAU offers mechatronics engineering?
What happen to your brochure?
Don't be what Buhari called the youths..
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2020
StarUp:
What's wrong with that result? It was meant to only separate those that truly prepared for the exams from those who didn't... Not really a test of brilliance.

Brilliance??!... Brilliance is what it takes to pass most written exams.

I think you mean "Intelligence"!... Exams are not a true test of innate intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by oloriooko(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Pharmacy department has always been the most dreaded department in OAU even medical students fear that department

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by edoairways: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

I think this is true. Many people study courses that they have no natural love or passion for. The only motivation for many is the socio-economic benefit not because they have a natural affinity or inclination for the course.

I can tell you that every OAU student is brilliant because no matter what you must score 200 in jamb and post-jamb before you can get admission. Anything less than 200 is automatically no admission - even if your father is Buhari and your godfather is Trump!

But the problem is many students are using their brilliance in the wrong direction. Each course has its peculiar needs. Someone who's brain was created for education will want to kill himself because of medicine or pharmacy.

I suggest that they review our educational Systems.

Also that they give proper guidance and exposure to secondary school students about other courses; how they improve the society and examples of successful people in those fields.

Me as an example, my father saw me as a wasted effort when I insisted on studying geography. According to his calculation, the only opportunity for a geography graduate is teaching. Well maybe that's true if I relied on my certificate alone. But no, I retrained and re-educated myself and today doctor na king for him lane and I'm a king in my lane.

But to be candid, if other departments wanted to train us to the real standard -haa!- 70% (in fact 90%) of us will not graduate. Unfortunately, health sciences don't have the luxury of push-and-go since they deal directly with human life.
You response is the best
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by edoairways: 11:09am On Jan 25, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

In abroad, the lecturers would be in serious trouble by now. It is an indication of failure on their part. Their inability to educate properly or teach their students.

Nigeria education is fundamentally deficient largely due to parochial and archaic lectures and lecture system.

In developed universities, a lecturer once he or she notices a dip in your thesis or assignments, he arranges a meeting with you to discuss what the issues may be with you. He can go as far as referring you to Guidance and Counseling unit. They go the length to have you understand. A school's performance should never be judged on mass failure.

Richdad
While I agree with your submission, the universities are strict because they want to produce quality graduates. Pharmacy and other medical or health related courses deal with human life hence the strictness

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by chiefolododo(m): 11:10am On Jan 25, 2020
This is the joy of Universities in Nigeria
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by delunj(m): 11:13am On Jan 25, 2020
Nigerian lecturers just loves Attention and unnecessary wickedness. No developed world teaches students another thing and during exams, sets another thing all together just to see them fail. only in Nigeria!!! just tell me the difference between pharmacy students or graduate and chemists along every Nigerian streets
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by demolinka(m): 11:22am On Jan 25, 2020
yusman14:
That department has no hope again...The lecturers there are the best Saddist..the department structure sef make it obvious....

Inside life my brodah embarassed
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by incogni2o: 11:22am On Jan 25, 2020
yusman14:
Is resit better than repeat??

Resit is you given the time to go and read so as to retake the exam.

Repeat is when are not given the chance to retake the examination but rather to retake the class year.

Resit happens whe you fail 1 or 2 courses .

Repeat happens when you fail 2 or more courses.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Uyi168: 11:25am On Jan 25, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
the Lord is your strength brother
Thank u baba

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by sikells(m): 11:32am On Jan 25, 2020
flexyrule:
People still fail all these cram and pass courses?

Proudly a MECHANICAL ENGINEER.
Maybe you don't know that engineering is quite easier ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2020
Even if only one student passes, the lecturer has imparted knowledge and done his job well... any contrary result is the fault of the failing students. I see many passes here, therefore, I can only conclude that there are many party goers and unserious Marlians in the pharmacy dept OAU.
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Yochanan01(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2020
Microwhy:

What happen to your brochure?
Don't be what Buhari called the youths..
The brochure will be given to us only after registration in a diskette form and the website for the brochure is not loading
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2020
incogni2o:

Resit is you given the time to go and read so as to retake the exam.

Repeat is when are not given the chance to retake the examination but rather to retake the class year.

Resit happens whe you fail 1 or 2 courses .

Repeat happens when you fail 2 or more courses.
ok bro . thanks

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 11:42am On Jan 25, 2020
Gassa007:

Talking like an illiterate, please someone should get that cheap phone from he's using to type this trash from him..
..I don't even want to know if you are a graduate..I am far better than you..
U said cheap phonefunny
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:44am On Jan 25, 2020
Funpeter:
how can someone get GIS training
Two ways;
1- Hire an experienced trainer like me to teach you from bottom up.

2- Go to Google, YouTube, Udemy etc and search for videos, books and blogposts. This is the slow way but it's the only option if you can't afford a professional trainer.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 11:44am On Jan 25, 2020
StrikeBack:
Foolish Students with his useless and unnecessary comparisons
why the insult
Let's respect ourselves ooo
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2020
deri4luv1:

Repeat the whole class, everything you have done before
OMG!!!
This is very bad oo

3 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by StrikeBack(m): 11:46am On Jan 25, 2020
yusman14:
why the insult
Let's respect ourselves ooo
sorry for my outburst, but we need to put an end to this unnecessary comparison

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Gabbriell: 11:47am On Jan 25, 2020
It's a pity, u go to universities this days u see students forming Malians up n down instead of facing their study.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2020
sikells:

Maybe you don't know that engineering is quite easier ...
please don't raise this topic at all.... engineering is more tougher...make your research
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by yusman14(m): 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
After reading the comments on this thread,I noticed that some people are saying that pharmacy guys are not serious other they don't read....it is not true ooo
This guys are very hard-working and diligent...yeah I have many friends in that faculty and they are genius I must tell you..
I am a 300l engineering student of OAU..having spent 3years on campus, pharmacy students read most..infact they are more serious than medical students...
I don't think Senate call look into this result because the school makes them to operate dependently.....
The lecturers are to be blamed.. faculty of pharmacy is the most equipped and standard faculty in OAU.The students have what it takes to get a pass ..
They have very good lecture theaters, environment,and many other things..

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by awoo47: 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jabarzee:

Is there any school where pharmacy is easy
pharmacy is d most difficult follow by geology. But oau geology isn't "difficulty" na jus pure wicked lecturers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Yochanan01(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
yusman14:
After reading the comments on this thread,I noticed that some people are saying that pharmacy guys are not serious other they don't read....it is not true ooo
This guys are very hard-working and diligent...yeah I have many friends in that faculty and they are genius I must tell you..
I am a 300l engineering student of OAU..having spent 3years on campus, pharmacy students read most..infact they are more serious than medical students...
I don't think Senate call look into this result because the school makes them to operate dependently.....
The lecturers are to be blamed.. faculty of pharmacy is the most equipped and standard faculty in OAU.The students have what it takes to get a pass ..
They have very good lecture theaters, environment,and many other things..
Please bro, is mechatronics engineering in OAU?
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by DECLAN2015(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=GeoAfrikana post=86089157]

I think this is true. Many people study courses that they have no natural love or passion for. The only motivation for many is the socio-economic benefit not because they have a natural affinity or inclination for the course.

I can tell you that every OAU student is brilliant because no matter what you must score 200 in jamb and post-jamb before you can get admission. Anything less than 200 is automatically no admission - even if your father is Buhari and your godfather is Trump!

But the problem is many students are using their brilliance in the wrong direction. Each course has its peculiar needs. Someone who's brain was created for education will want to kill himself because of medicine or pharmacy.

I suggest that they review our educational Systems.

Also that they give proper guidance and exposure to secondary school students about other courses; how they improve the society and examples of successful people in those fields.

Me as an example, my father saw me as a wasted effort when I insisted on studying geography. According to his calculation, the only opportunity for a geography graduate is teaching. Well maybe that's true if I relied on my certificate alone. But no, I retrained and re-educated myself and today doctor na king for him lane and I'm a king in my lane.

But to be candid, if other departments wanted to train us to the real standard -haa!- 70% (in fact 90%) of us will not graduate. Unfortunately, health sciences don't have the luxury of push-and-go since they deal directly with human life.

I disagree with u
Not every student in OAU are brilliant.
They just make life hard for themselve with no justification
I have come across them.
Some are quiet good but some are also like ordinary olodo like any other students
Dont be carry away with the nameb OAU.no big deal.
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by DECLAN2015(m): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jman06:
But these students aced their WAEC, JAMB and university entrance exams before they were admitted. How come they failed in this manner Are we sure lecturers are not culpable

Sometimes lecturers decide to fail students for no fault of theirs especially in pharmacy schools! I experienced that when I was in pharmacy school! They do that because they know that students don't usually have the guts to challenge such poor results.
Thank God for seeing me through!

Another wrong permutation
That u score A1 parallel or 400 in jamb
Count so little in the university eap in courses like medicine or pharm
U need to work and pray for element of luck too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Waec Centre Numbers For All The Schools In Nigeria / Ishaq Yusuf, IBB University Lecturer Was Set Up & Stripped Unclad By Students / GUYS! Who Still Remembers The Title Of This Book? - SEE PHOTO!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.