Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through (26393 Views)

How NPA Squandered N50bn Annually - Transportation Ministry / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by sureteeboy(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2020
Brymo4all:
What class?
Class 10. cool Hit the link on my signature for direct contact on W.hat.sapp
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Superiority Complex perhaps.. Dr Psycologist Eirstien
you sound like a child

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by erico2k2(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Atleast no more excuse and continous cry and whining over SouthWest development, SouthWest Ports would serve Southwest markets and Southwest industry , and economy

and should you remain to continue doing bussiness because Southwest has the most cashflow and highest non oil GDP, then be ready to pay tax through your nose to Alpha Beta

Oga make dem reduce the money ship go pay to go south east ports or at least make E be same like Lagos Port then make we see who go ship to lagos. Like this we nor even the fly to lagos airport again nah PHC international be the new song!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Ttipsy(f): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2020
technicallyrich:

some part like ijaw,asaba,igbanke in edo and delta falls in the easttern region.
Itskiri and benin is west.
Dont add my tribe ijaw to west abeg you with the name of God.
lol.. I'm taking about Geography not your tribe or ethnicity
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
President Buhari may God continue to strengthen and bless you to the perplexity of those who are not wishing Nigeria and you well.

Kudos to the Buhari administration for this great News and hope this would be sustained after his tenure come 2023 by God's grace.
it seems you are not following this topic, maersk decided to move to onne not buhari

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Competition is when Enugu airport is functioning and we have port in East Southeast and by extension, Igboland has access to the Sea, Rivers, Water Ways to Atlantic Ocean but some ignorant Nigerians cannot learn the geography and history that is evident and factual on ground in southeast and Nigeria. They love to be ignorant despite facts in their land. What a people with Nigerians and Africans mentality of denial of facts as long as it massages their ego and wishful thinking.

Lets use a simple arithmetic to teach the ignorants in these forums that Igboland is not land locked. Fact one, IkwerreLand/Porharcourt and Porthhacourt seaport was dredged 40 to 50 Miles to sea from the Bonny River to Atlantic Ocean. Onne SeaPort in Ogoni land was dredged 50 to 60 Miles to Sea from Bonny River for Larger ships to Atlantic Ocean. Calabar Seaport is dredged 45 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean. Akwa Ibom Ibaka deep seaport is about 30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean without dredging and the best seaport location in depth and width in Eastern Nigeria. Then open your dummy eyes and ears again.

But PHC has an airport already and has 4 int flights the new in Turkish are rubbish. Y would U want to have Enugu int airport??
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by mikkywebs(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2020
Same with my take. We are still watching
helinues:
This is long over due.. Good development

Hoping there wont be saboteurs this time
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Burruchaga71(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2020
TerraMessorem:

it seems you are not following this topic, maersk decided to move to onne not buhari
. Hahahahaha abeg tell him
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Ttipsy(f): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2020
wwwmaster:

I agree, I also find it funny why a State like Anambra will be in SouthEast while the likes of Cross River and Akwa Ibom are not. Is there any state more South Eastern in Nigerian than Cross River and Akwa Ibom?
that the question which should be directed to those who drew such map.. Map of Nigeria between 90s

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by codemaniacs: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2020
zz
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by StupidNLmods: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2020
NewsMuncher:
Onne, Port Harcourt, Calabar and Warri are all in that South South. When they call them eastern ports, people like Anambrastson start getting veey excited like the ports are in the south east.

If a Biafra comes like many of you easterners deeply desire, hope you know you will not have even one of these ports in your region??
When you see delta man una go know.. Stop attaching yourselves to south south, you and edo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by BiafraforTrump: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
nextdoor84:

You are obviously a dim**wit! Insulting people you don't know on a public forum just to buttress your myopic argument? I am from Rivers state and I see myself as a Easterner, so go hug a transformer.
Your types are the reason they had to put warning labels on shampoo.
Grow up kid!

God bless you man, that guy must be an Edo man or Yoruba man, they don't want to lose their SS grip because that's all they have, very useless people. I don't blame them because even on Biafra map they are not included...

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
so we are just going to overlook the fact that the port managers are calling for reduction in taxes, without stating the precise bodies they want taxes cut, and as far as this goes no response from any of the taxation agents. I think maersk has decided, onne port would work for them, but hull and blythe have a long way to go, calabar port isnt yet ready, maybe for another 2 years.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by BiafraforTrump: 10:13am On Jan 25, 2020
kettykings:
This opening of eastern ports is really causing uneasiness and restlessness, what would be now do when the next phase of igbo reverse migration is implemented

How do you mean Sir??
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmTruth: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2020
Sorry,may be i would have said Buhari moved Maersk to Onne by his policies via NPA. Sorry oooooo Oga
TerraMessorem:

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 25, 2020
i also want to point out, that all the comments have been tribal comebacks, i blame the first few commenters foolishness, but o boy this is the 4th page. we need more connecting roads, spending 18hours from enugu to abuja is laughable.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by asha80(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2020
technicallyrich:

some part like ijaw,asaba,igbanke in edo and delta falls in the easttern region.
Itskiri and benin is west.
Dont add my tribe ijaw to west abeg you with the name of God.
asaba,igbanke and delta were actually former midwest not eastern region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
Sorry,may be i would have said Buhari moved Maersk to Onne by his policies via NPA. Sorry oooooo Oga
you should be sorry for such indignant error. and you are still in error, you cannot even state what vague npa policy. maersk has decided since 1 year ago, that they will move to eastern port. Evn the npa president was baffled by their decision, but decided to support it.
Ask you yourself if buhari wanted to utilise other ports, why not just do it, he indirectly waited for maersk to now decide, do u even see the sense in what you are saying.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by CzarChris(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2020
I'm not a Buhari supporter, as a matter of fact I hate anything concerning him from day 1. But he started winning my heart with this border closure, and if Onne and Calabar Seaport becomes fully operational, I will personally lead a 3rd term campaign for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by BiafraforTrump: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2020
asha80:
asaba,igbanke and delta were actually former midwest not eastern region

What?? But asaba speak IGBO and their culture and practices are fully Igboid.. What are you saying??

Only Edo is western, we dash una Edo state

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2020
CzarChris:
I'm not a Buhari supporter, as a matter of fact I hate anything concerning him from day 1. But he started winning my heart with this border closure, and if Onne and Calabar Seaport becomes fully operational, I will personally lead a 3rd term campaign for him.
please if you talk, say specific things, which border exactly did he close, it was only the benin border, and what did you see as benefit that resulted from it, that made you come here to type this. so he closed benin border, what came of it?, and how do we know the closure was effective.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by asha80(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

What?? But asaba speak IGBO and their culture and practices are fully Igboid.. What are you saying??

Only Edo is western, we dash una Edo state
go and look at the Nigerian map in 1965..I am talking regions not language

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2020
asha80:

You're right
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Tospringe: 10:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Anambralstson:
President Buhari is a blessing in disguise
I thought he's a curse. Can you post this on your Twitter page?
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Tospringe: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2020
Anambralstson:

My friend read and move forward, Nigeria doesn't start and end in West, East has big markets, it's easier for northerners to come to East for their goods than West, go and check the distance from Onitsha to Abuja and Lagos to Abuja, FG is also also constructing road from Anambra to Kogi, when completed distance will reduce from Onitsha to Abuja for just three hours.
I thought Buhari is not doing anything. I challenge you to post his achievement on your Twitter page
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by EmmyDJourno: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2020
Those confused IPOB and Biafrans would las las scream

Sai Buhari cheesy
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Tospringe: 10:44am On Jan 25, 2020
Anambralstson:

Not all Igbos hate president Buhari, same with your tribe not all your tribesmen like PMB.
Who posted this on Twitter?

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by nku5: 10:45am On Jan 25, 2020
NewsMuncher:
Onne, Port Harcourt, Calabar and Warri are all in that South South. When they call them eastern ports, people like Anambrastson start getting veey excited like the ports are in the south east.

If a Biafra comes like many of you easterners deeply desire, hope you know you will not have even one of these ports in your region??

I feel your pain grin Those are our Eastern brothers. Before Royal Niger Company sold us to Britain and named us Nigeria we were living peacefully. After we exit this fake contraption we will continue living in peace. No more enemies of progress to sow division and do divide and rule. Besides who told you the Igbos in Rivers state do not have access to the sea?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by BiafraforTrump: 10:46am On Jan 25, 2020
asha80:
I know that but Asaba would be carved into Biafraland cos we are all same people. We are not really after oil cos there is no much oil in Asaba axis, we just want to have all our people living together in harmony peace and progress.. You dig??

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by CzarChris(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2020
TerraMessorem:

please if you talk, say specific things, which border exactly did he close, it was only the benin border, and what did you see as benefit that resulted from it, that made you come here to type this. so he closed benin border, what came of it?, and how do we know the closure was effective.
Bros, calm down, I'm not feeling fine this morning so I no get power for throwing insults back and forth.
I agree with you the northern borders are still porous, but the closure of Benin part of the border has greatly reduced the incidents of smuggling greatly, our local rice is gaining popularity thereby putting a little cash in the pocket of our farmers and reducing the unemployment by a small margin. Our West African neighbors are feeling the heat q bit more making them respect Nigeria a bit more. Our population is a goldmine if properly harnessed, let us feed ourselves in this country.
From your previous comments you sound well educated in the area of Seaport administration, is it not a big shame that a country like Nigeria keeps importing and importing, how many ships leave Nigeria with goods for exportation? Meaning we keep consuming and give nothing (except crude oil) back to the world? Nigeria contributes nothing to this Earth except to consume. I will actively support any government that will change that scenario no matter where the head of that government is from.
Except you are not from Nigeria or benefit from smuggling then I will understand where you are coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by asha80(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

I know that but Asaba would be carved into Biafraland cos we are all same people. We are not really after oil cos there is no much oil in Asaba axis, we just want to have all our people living together in harmony peace and progress.. You dig??
goodluck

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by sencekompis: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2020
CORRECTION!!! SOUTH SOUTH SEAPORT not east!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets Leadership Of The Nigeria Labour Congress / Wike Worships Money & Can Betray His Mother For Money - Amaechi / Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi In A Queue As Voting Commences In Edo. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.