Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through (26392 Views)

How NPA Squandered N50bn Annually - Transportation Ministry / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Ttipsy(f): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
If the Competition is about ensuring that both sides experience growth,then is Appreciative, but let us reject every competition that knock out one another. Let's all grow while competing. In life one person would always be greater than one but we all have to be great.
the last paragraph can address that
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmuDimpka: 8:59am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
If the Competition is about ensuring that both sides experience growth,then is Appreciative, but let us reject every competition that knock out one another. Let's all grow while competing. In life one person would always be greater than one but we all have to be great.

Competition is when Enugu airport is functioning and we have port in East Southeast and by extension, Igboland has access to the Sea, Rivers, Water Ways to Atlantic Ocean but some ignorant Nigerians cannot learn the geography and history that is evident and factual on ground in southeast and Nigeria. They love to be ignorant despite facts in their land. What a people with Nigerians and Africans mentality of denial of facts as long as it massages their ego and wishful thinking.

Lets use a simple arithmetic to teach the ignorants in these forums that Igboland is not land locked. Fact one, IkwerreLand/Porharcourt and Porthhacourt seaport was dredged 40 to 50 Miles to sea from the Bonny River to Atlantic Ocean. Onne SeaPort in Ogoni land was dredged 50 to 60 Miles to Sea from Bonny River for Larger ships to Atlantic Ocean. Calabar Seaport is dredged 45 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean. Akwa Ibom Ibaka deep seaport is about 30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean without dredging and the best seaport location in depth and width in Eastern Nigeria. Then open your dummy eyes and ears again.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by nextdoor84(m): 9:02am On Jan 25, 2020
President2031:

Why will you say the present south South states are easterners? Is your head correct? So because some part of the south South were part of Eastern region makes them easterners?

Abeg who created Eastern region? Is Eastern region a tribe or what? Was it not created by the Nigerian government the same way the South South today is created by the Nigerian government?

Are you igbos tired of the East? We rejected Biafra and you want to bring Eastern region nonsense created by Nigerian govt?

Listen:

South West: Westerners
South East: Easterners
South South: Southerners/Niger deltans

Take this correct mr man.

You are obviously a dim**wit! Insulting people you don't know on a public forum just to buttress your myopic argument? I am from Rivers state and I see myself as a Easterner, so go hug a transformer.
Your types are the reason they had to put warning labels on shampoo.
Grow up kid!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Atleast no more excuse and continous cry and whining over SouthWest development, SouthWest Ports would serve Southwest markets and Southwest industry , and economy

and should you remain to continue doing bussiness because Southwest has the most cashflow and highest non oil GDP, then be ready to pay tax through your nose to Alpha Beta

Why is it now paining you like this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by slivertongue: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2020
NewsMuncher:
Onne, Port Harcourt, Calabar and Warri are all in that South South. When they call them eastern ports, people like Anambrastson start getting veey excited like the ports are in the south east.

If a Biafra comes like many of you easterners deeply desire, hope you know you will not have even one of these ports in your region??
it is called Eastern corridor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by solmusdesigns: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Swargu:

Why is it now paining you like this?

una no fit have contructive arguement.. no be una fault everything is pain to you
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Kinematics: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2020
wwwmaster:

My friend Cross River is East of Nigeria, probably the 'Eastmost' part of Nigeria.
The person you're disagreeing with is a highly educated manager of a world class maritime company who probably knows his cardinal points not a 22 iq bloke like you.

Yes Cross River State is in the east of Nigeria, but not the "eastmost" part of Nigeria. That title belongs to Borno state.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:

You just trying to accuse others of what your people were doing for ages.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by sulaak(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2020
Bigflamie:
Buhari playing smart one on the Yorubas.

Y'all should be able to get this subtle message

The Yoruba's support the relocation of Shipping traffic to the East, it has been long overdue. There is more than enough business to be shared by all ports facilities.

7 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2020
Excellent development.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 25, 2020
sulaak:

The Yoruba's support the relocation of Shipping traffic to the East, it has been long overdue. There is more than enough business to be shared by all ports facilities.

For where?

Go and read the statement of your people on newspaper about the development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmTruth: 9:16am On Jan 25, 2020
Why bringing in tribal sentiment to this because it is uncalled for presently. One thing you must understand is that everything been done is One thing at a time. As I said before, no matter how we strive in life we can never be equal but certainly we would all be great in our own way. There are people who are doing it great without seaport and Co. Ask the Information Technologist
AmuDimpka:

Competition is when Enugu airport is functioning and we have port in East Southeast and by extension, Igboland has access to the Sea, Rivers, Water Ways to Atlantic Ocean but some ignorant Nigerians cannot learn the geography and history that is evident and factual on ground in southeast and Nigeria. They love to be ignorant despite facts in their land. What a people with Nigerians and Africans mentality of denial of facts as long as it massages their ego and wishful thinking.

Lets use a simple arithmetic to teach the ignorants in these forums that Igboland is not land locked. Fact one, IkwerreLand/Porharcourt and Porthhacourt seaport was dredged 40 to 50 Miles to sea from the Bonny River to Atlantic Ocean. Onne SeaPort in Ogoni land was dredged 50 to 60 Miles to Sea from Bonny River for Larger ships to Atlantic Ocean. Calabar Seaport is dredged 45 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean. Akwa Ibom Ibaka deep seaport is about 30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean without dredging and the best seaport location in depth and width in Eastern Nigeria. Then open your dummy eyes and ears again.

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by ogbuefi677(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2020
NewsMuncher:
Onne, Port Harcourt, Calabar and Warri are all in that South South. When they call them eastern ports, people like Anambrastson start getting veey excited like the ports are in the south east.

If a Biafra comes like many of you easterners deeply desire, hope you know you will not have even one of these ports in your region??
Lolz.
The term "south south" is just a Nigerian creation to divide d former eastern region.
Have ever heard of that anywhere else?
It's as strange as saying "north north" grin
Calabar and Akwa Ibom are even more eastern than Ebonyi and most of Enugu.
Just look at the Nigerian map,you'll understand.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by femeritus: 9:16am On Jan 25, 2020
This is a welcome developmental stride that'll benefit everyone and every part of the country. No need to hate. Lagos economy will still be vibrant. The decongestion of the city of Lagos and ports is also a blessing. When the capital was moved from Lagos, people feared Lagos would collapse but the opposite is the case. Let other areas be developed too and that's how we can all develop. Your candle cannot light brighter by blowing other people's candles out.

7 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by kettykings: 9:20am On Jan 25, 2020
This opening of eastern ports is really causing uneasiness and restlessness, what would be now do when the next phase of igbo reverse migration is implemented

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Ttipsy(f): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Kinematics:

Yes Cross River State is in the east of Nigeria, but not the "eastmost" part of Nigeria. That title belongs to Borno state.
in Nigeria without tribe and sentiments,, we supposed to have Northern regions comprising of all present northern states except Abuja..

due to geographical unbalanced of the south unlike the North. we should have
western Region including Delta and Edo..

Eastern Region including states in the old Eastern region..
when you examine the Australia's Map, you'd see how cardinal points should be drawn..

if I'm to redraw that mess we call map today, it would be amazing.

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Jack500: 9:23am On Jan 25, 2020
Bigflamie:
Buhari playing smart one on the Yorubas.

Y'all should be able to get this subtle message

What do u mean playing smart one? As at now, the level of infrastructural development is southwest is enough to pull it through for the next 50 decades, u should worry about ur 5 villages first or go and find something to eat first.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by wwwmaster: 9:24am On Jan 25, 2020
Kinematics:

Yeah, 'South Eastmost' I mean to say but Borno State is not 'Eastmost' either, 'North Eastmost' too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by wwwmaster: 9:28am On Jan 25, 2020
Ttipsy:
in Nigeria without tribe and sentiments,, we supposed to have Northern regions comprising of all present northern states except Abuja..

when you examine the Australia's Map, you'd see how cardinal points should be drawn..

I agree, I also find it funny why a State like Anambra will be in SouthEast while the likes of Cross River and Akwa Ibom are not. Is there any state more South Eastern in Nigerian than Cross River and Akwa Ibom?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmTruth: 9:30am On Jan 25, 2020
I am proudly a South South indigene. Most of us and We don't do tribal sentiment because we are becoming majure and is working for us. So you are free to make your personal opinion.
Osagyefo98:

You just trying to accuse others of what your people were doing for ages.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmuDimpka: 9:31am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
Why bringing in tribal sentiment to this because it is uncalled for presently. One thing you must understand is that everything been done is One thing at a time. As I said before, no matter how we strive in life we can never be equal but certainly we would all be great in our own way. There are people who are doing it great without seaport and Co. Ask the Information Technologist
. You ended up saying nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by gwafaeziokwu: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2020
Anambralstson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/eastern-ports-revival-how-npa-hull-blyth-maerskline-others-are-pulling-through/

cool
See me grinning like a jackpot winner. Thanks to all the technocrats pushing for the main koko in the eastern region. A lot of things are going on behind the scene. Eastern economic growth will be astronomical in the nearest future. I can only but wish ourselves the best of luck.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmTruth: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2020
My brother you are correct.
femeritus:
This is a welcome developmental stride that'll benefit everyone and every part of the country. No need to hate. Lagos economy will still be vibrant. The decongestion of the city of Lagos and ports is also a blessing. When the capital was moved from Lagos, people feared Lagos would collapse but the opposite is the case. Let other areas be developed too and that's how we can all develop. Your candle cannot light brighter by blowing other people's candles out.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
I am proudly a South South indigene. Most of us and We don't do tribal sentiment because we are becoming majure and is working for us. So you are free to make your personal opinion.

I hardly use such term east, west or south and If I do very rare and there is nothing tribal here. It is just simply economic viability

You didn't wake up to become SS, Ekwueme made your state SS.

So you can as well tell us your state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by AmTruth: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Thank you
AmuDimpka:
. You ended up saying nothing
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by landforeast(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2020
otokx:

He sure is, this is what GEJ refused to do.
Goodluck na human being, the man just wasted golden opportunity to turn many things around for good six years. I even wonder why Niger Delta allowed him to step foot into that region again, he should have been forced to go into exile. That man really messed up Opportunities.
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by technicallyrich(m): 9:41am On Jan 25, 2020
I thought some fols here said ss are not part of the eastern region.
Oh my bad!
Its just a way to divide ss and se.
Anyway is a win win for ijaws as they are the real owners of lagos and control the ss part of the east.
What more we are the most blessed,richest,strongest and bravest black people on earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 25, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Atleast no more excuse and continous cry and whining over SouthWest development, SouthWest Ports would serve Southwest markets and Southwest industry , and economy

and should you remain to continue doing bussiness because Southwest has the most cashflow and highest non oil GDP, then be ready to pay tax through your nose to Alpha Beta

you fool, is he a foreigner to be paying such taxes, if you want that, go and form your own country
Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by kettykings: 9:43am On Jan 25, 2020
Let's tell our selves the truth because unfair policies have reached their limits, the monopolistic reign of Lagos is over.

The factors that necessitated the rise of Lagos are now no more obtainable, for more than 50 years, Lagos operated as a monopoly in ports ,Aviation, telecommunications, banking and was designated as the single destination port. All the oil and gaa companies were forced to move their headquarters to Lagos by a decree after the civil war, Lagos enjoyed a season of concentrated economic and political power from 1970 to 1992 but all that is rapidly changing, Abuja is now the political and aviation hub , while the maritime opportunity is moving east. The banks will follow the currency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by technicallyrich(m): 9:47am On Jan 25, 2020
AmTruth:
sorry oga,there is nothing like ss.
It is either you are from the east,west,north or middle belt.even ijaws that control the ss part of the east always work with our igbo brothers.
As an educated man,you should know ss is a political word.geograhpically ss and se atre in the EASt.that is why they call it eastern port.
Finally i am ijaw incase you think i am igbo.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2020
otokx:

He sure is, this is what GEJ refused to do.
keep quiet there!, lol, maersk sent out an ultimatum that they will move to onne port, buhari had no say in the matter. did you even read the topic?

1 Like

Re: Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through by technicallyrich(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2020
Ttipsy:

some part like ijaw,asaba,igbanke in edo and delta falls in the easttern region.
Itskiri and benin is west.
Dont add my tribe ijaw to west abeg you with the name of God.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Blasts Fashola At Ministerial Platform / Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago / Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.