Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,992 members, 7,845,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

"Low Self Esteem" (part 2) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Low Self Esteem" (part 2) (335 Views)

Nigerian Men Suffer From Very Bad Low Self-esteem! / Leaked Chat: "Black Guys Have Low Self-esteem And Love Us" - White Girl / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Low Self Esteem" (part 2) by tkatechy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
IF YOU MISSED PART ONE CLICK HERE; https://www.nairaland.com/5643967/low-self-esteem-part-1

I started off in part 1 of this series by explaining what low self esteem is and I stated that low self esteem can lead you to start seeking for love and validation from men.

In continuation with my life story, in school I started seeking for love and validation. On several occasions I was disgraced and talked down on by some guys because I was seriously dying to be loved by any of them and I kept showing them my desperation.
Shortly before I left secondary school I got into a toxic relationship, it was very glaring that the relationship was one sided and no love but I kept doing everything just to be loved. I also started trying to be friends with the big girls in school because I wanted validation and to be seen as one of the reigning girls. But as usual I was disgraced and neglected by the girls. As for the relationship, I broke up because he had a girl he truly loved after collecting the little money my mum gives to me.

After losing my greatest treasure in life and having suffered serious betrayal and deceit because of the toxic relationship, I hated myself more. But along the line I surrendered myself to Christ, I realized that the problem is ME, I don't love ME, I saw nothing good about ME, I talked down on ME, so definitely everyone I come in contact with will always detest me because Low self esteem is written all over ME.

It took Christ years to break me, clean all the baggage I had inside, the low self esteem, hatred to self, negativity etc and to start molding a NEW me. It wasn't easy because the devil filled my mind with so much of negativity. But after years of molding, God brought out the best in me and brought me to a place of self love, confidence and most importantly relationship with him.

Dear friends you are wonderfully made and you carry so much in you, so stop feeling less of yourself. Stop seeking for love and validation, let the love of Christ envelop you. Surrender to Christ, let him be your friend, your lover and your ALL.... I will say at this juncture that the solution to low self esteem is to embrace Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Deaf Man Captured Preaching In The Market (video) / A Standard Flat, Self contain for rent In Rupokwu, Eneka road, Port-harcourt / Top 5 Bridal Dance You Need To See (1&2 Will Blow Your Mind)✔ | African Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.